Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' (62414 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why You Must Travel! / 'by Force By Force I Must Travel Abroad' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 10:40am On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: oh , you dont ... it is not my level of satisfaction . I am aiming higher seeking something better .... but I dont have to run..and if everyone runs , who will be left. my job can take me anywhere in the world.... after 2 years of being mentored.... I go for trainings already, am just one plus years gone. I don't have to run to somewhere where I would have to lick someone's a*rse to make a living.

This goes to show your level of understanding, with your rusted knowledge of living and working outside Nigeria I will forgive you for saying that.

15 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2014
justwise: [/b]

This goes to show your level of understanding, with your rusted knowledge of living and working outside Nigeria I will forgive you for saying that.
you call that rusted .... No it isn't , you and I know it isn't easy making a living if you have not the neccessary skills and expertise. I am not against travelling to gain international exposure or knowledge.... infact , it gives you an edge in securing a good job in Nigeria. I am against travelling out for greener pastures to become a liability to another government.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: oh , you dont ... it is not my level of satisfaction . I am aiming higher seeking something better .... but I dont have to run..and if everyone run, who will be left. my job can take me anywhere in the world.... after 2 years of being mentored.... I go for trainings already, am just one plus years gone. I don't have to run to somewhere where I would have to lick someone's a*rse to make a living.

How many Europeans, Americans or Asians do multinational oil companies send for training in Nigeria?

Ogbeni, you are smart but your arguments wack. Hope to see you at Nlng assessment centre

10 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: you call that rusted .... No it isn't , you and I know it isn't easy making a living if you have not the neccessary skills and expertise. I am not against travelling to gain international exposure or knowledge.... infact , it gives you an edge in securing a good job in Nigeria. I am against travelling out for greener pastures to become a liability to another government.

What is wrong with traveling abroad to get that skill and stay there to live and work? Why should it bother you when people decided on their own, with their money and resource to travel abroad for better life?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: seen , and the country you are running too will feed you. this is one reason there will always be racism.the country you want to run to are tired of your fellow citizens living there already .... take southafrca for instance , Nigerians are being bashed cause its said wee killing the society..... I wanna ask ... is it the government that is living in south africa ? sure , they are nigerians like you ..... you see the problem is not the government ... the problem is you an your likes.

I don't have d time to tell u how that can go both ways.
Just know that u r wrong. wink k!

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

How many Europeans, Americans or Asians do multinational oil companies send for training in Nigeria?

Ogbeni, you are smart but your arguments wack. Hope to see you at Nlng assessment centre
hehehe ... I am not saying our standards match up to the western world. yes , we are underdeveloped... and if everyone keeps running who will remain. the western countries did not run anywhere to become someone else's liability... they chose to make it a better place. I repeat am not against travelling abroad ... my argument is going there to become a liability or constitute a nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
justwise: [b]

What is wrong with traveling abroad to get that skill and stay there to live and work? Why should it bother you when people decided on their own, with their money and resource to travel abroad for better life?
no , am not bothered about one's ambition. My question is ...is it so easy to get a job as you have said.... my argument still remains constituting a nuisance to a made government when you have refused to clean the poo in your country.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: no , am not bothered about one's ambition. My question is ...is it so easy to get a job as you have said.... my argument still remains constituting a nuisance to a made government when you have refused to clean the poo in your country.

It's not easy getting a job abroad as a foreigner but it's not as bad as getting a job in Nigeria as a Nigerian. Let the foreign govt deal with their immigration issues its not up to you to worry about that. Whoever has the opportunity to leave Nigeria should do that, nobody should suffer blind patriotism.

16 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
justwise:

It's not easy getting a job abroad as a foreigner but it's not as bad as getting a job in Nigeria as a Nigerian. Let the foreign govt deal with their immigration issues its not up to you to worry about that. Whoever has the opportunity to leave Nigeria should do that, nobody should suffer blind patriotism.
Not blind patriotism bro , and yea , they dealing with the immigration issues already , we can see that in the EU countries. ... its only a matter of time before more strict immigration laws are signed then Nigerians would wake up to the fact running away from your problems doens't solve the problem.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Pasca07: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: Not blind patriotism bro , and yea , they dealing with the immigration issues already , we can see that in the EU countries. ... its only a matter of time before more strict immigration laws are signed then Nigerians would wake up to the fact running away from your problems doens't solve the problem.
see your mouth like sakabulaaaaaa,if u are priviledge to get a better job in nigerian,dat doesnt mean u are better than the millions of unemployed hardworking graduates in nigerian.
Nigeria is not design for the youth,even your so called greedy leaders always travel to western world for medical and education.the only reason they r here is because they want to loot the country dry....
For your information 85 precent of our leaders have dual citizen in Uk,GERMANY,CANADA and USA
so stop spewing trash don't let the peanut u are receiving to deceive u with no good constant electricity and health system infact i pray ur family did not contact any deadly diseases dat will require surgery in the western country which will cost u all ur hard earned money.....

20 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pasca07: see your mouth like sakabulaaaaaa,if u are priviledge to get a better job in nigerian,dat doesnt mean u are better than the millions of unemployed hardworking graduates in nigerian.
Nigeria is not design for the youth,even your so called greedy leaders always travel to western world for medical and education.the only reason they r here is because they want to loot the country dry....
For your information 85 precent of our leaders have dual citizen in Uk,GERMANY,CANADA and USA
so stop spewing trash don't let the peanut u are receiving to deceive u with no good constant electricity and health system infact i pray ur family did not contact any deadly diseases dat will require surgery in the western country which will cost u all ur hard earned money.....
YES , I am not better of , I never said that bro and am not against or stopping anyone from travelling. just dont go there to be a liability to another government .... thats all .....if your thoughts are nothing better can come from NIGERIA , you are wrong . we will get there someday.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: YES , I am not better of , I never said that bro and am not against or stopping anyone from travelling. just dont go there to be a liability to another government .... thats all .....if your thoughts are nothing better can come from NIGERIA , you are wrong . we will get there someday.

Its better to b a liability there where hope still dey say dem go turn u to asset.
Dan to remain here and die unremembered.

7 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Its better to b a liability there where hope still dey say dem go turn u to asset.
best of luck bro in your hustle..... but know it's competitive everywhere . the citizens of that country , indos , pakistani , syria are also in hustle for that position... if you ain't got the desired skills or expertise am sorry ... its about what you got to offer before you are turned to an asset if not you are deported leaving you to zero level. all the best to you once again.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: best of luck bro in your hustle..... but know it's competitive everywhere . the citizens of that country , indos , pakistani , syria are also in hustle for that position... if you ain't got the desired skills or expertise am sorry ... its about what you got to offer before you are turned to an asset if not you are deported leaving you to zero level. all the best to you once again.

See Dis one. Which country u think say I dey apply for.
Competition only arises when demand is higher than supply.
These countries abroad have confirm jobs waiting for u as long as u come with d right papers.
In dese countries job employment no b wahala! Everybody gets fitted into his or her category.

6 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by symbian03(m): 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
safarigirl: no such thing as 'cheap capital' if you want to make money, you have to spend money.

If you have cheap capital, you'll have cheap returns. Have you asked how much web designers charge per site? Do you know with just 5 jobs per month, one can make 100,000? You're on the internet now, what are you using it for? Do you know there are people on twitter who make money from just advertising for brands? I mean people who are just twitter celebs.

There are various ways you can make money in Nigeria without leaving the comfort of your home, you just need to find the ways

Sorry sis, you don't know jack about living in Nigeria and it survivals for the less privileged. To the fact that you said only a lazy man remains poor in Nigeria? come on you need to see the hard labour some folks go through on a daily and at the end of the day go home with barely 2k ($12) for over 8hours of carrying concrete on their heads! haha... in a sane country, doing unskilled labour shouldn't be a sin or should it? so when you talked about laziness would you include the unskilled labourers too? You've made some valid points though.

13 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

See Dis one. Which country u think say I dey apply for.
Competition only arises when demand is higher than supply.
These countries abroad have confirm jobs waiting for u as long as u come with d right papers.
In dese countries job employment no b wahala! Everybody gets fitted into his or her category.
am hoping you are experienced , if you are not , kindly gimme your contact ... I ll check on you in a year or two in whichever country you are to see how well you are faring.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
Now compare that to Nigeria.

Do u still need to know why government can't cater for ur needs?

Because of d population. Ppl just dey born pikin like say nah rats them bi! Where do u want to squeeze job out from.

Its not possible. Who want gree retire for u? When dey still have dependants.

Nigeria matter no b today.

Canada! The largest country in d world second to Russia only has 35 million ppl living in dere.

Nigeria, is by far the most populated country in d world per sq.km. that is to say Nigeria has more ppl living in it for every km than any other country. Population density

Nigeria's total population is higher than Russia's own sef. So how does government help u even if they wanted to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: YES , I am not better of , I never said that bro and am not against or stopping anyone from travelling. just dont go there to be a liability to another government .... thats all .....if your thoughts are nothing better can come from NIGERIA , you are wrong . we will get there someday.
What do you mean by liability? here in Canada, there are several Nigerian doctors, pharmacist, nurses and Engineers, even skilled labourers. I am thinking you mix with the wrong set of Nigerians aka illegal immigrants when you travel abroad.

9 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
saxywale:
What do you mean by liability? here in Canada, there are several Nigerian doctors, pharmacist, nurses and Engineers, even skilled labourers. I am thinking you mix with the wrong set of Nigerians aka illegal immigrants when you travel abroad.
My posts refers to the do or die immigrants... kindly read through again.

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33: Now compare that to Nigeria.

Do u still need to know why government can't cater for ur needs?

Because of d population. Ppl just dey born pikin like say nah rats them bi! Where do u want to squeeze job out from.

Its not possible. Who want gree retire for u? When dey still have dependants.

Nigeria matter no b today.

Canada! The largest country in d world second to Russia only has 35 million ppl living in dere.

Nigeria, is by far the most populated country in d world per sq.km. that is to say Nigeria has more ppl living in it for every km than any other country. Population density

Nigeria's total population is higher than Russia's own sef. So how does government help u even if they wanted to?
yea , I agree with you on the population but doesn't mean it cant get better. have you ever challenged your parents why they gave birth to you when they knew Nigeria has got nothing to offer you ?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: My posts refers to the do or die immigrants... kindly read through again.
in that case, the "do or die" would be those trying to reside in a country where they have no legal rights to do so.

But if a professional or even an unskilled labourer goes through the right means, then no problem with that. At least, there is always job for everyone. Job over plenty, even if its working MCD or as a roustabout in the oil rigs.

The doctors, engineers e.t.c I listed up there were mid-level careers and above in Nigeria before immigrating. Some earning over 12m per annum in Nigeria, yet they still immigrated. Mikel obi is also a good example. Some things in life cannot be quantified by the amount of money in bank. E.g excellent health care and education, opportunity to work with the latest technology, access to a good judiciary system, easy access to any country in the world without queuing for entry clearance permit, coming back to work as expatriate in Nigeria e.t.c

11 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: yea , I agree with you on the population but doesn't mean it cant get better. have you ever challenged your parents why they gave birth to you when they knew Nigeria has got nothing to offer you ?

Mumü! Don't piss me off!
D chances nigeria has to curb dis population menace at d moment is zero. No contingency plan, No plan should in case oil falls or if the wells run dry. Nothing!
Population as at independence was approximately 60 million. The whole wahala started BTW dates 1960 and DAT time when ibb census was conducted.

Then how well do u know ur parents? They are not even literate enough to understand that dis country is headed south. When all deyve cared about is popping out male children to continue the family name, nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
U should ask urself what's d hope for me when all hell breaks loose. What would happen to my current wealth when the oil prices eventually go under.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
BTW now and 2050 d world would have successfully moved on to other cleaner means for fuel. The Nigerian oil and gas industry would disappear to nothing. Poverty would have more than quadrupled.

And you go dey wish say u commot when u had d chance to!

8 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
saxywale:
in that case, the "do or die" would be those trying to reside in a country where they have no legal rights to do so.

But if a professional or even an unskilled labourer goes through the right means, then no problem with that. At least, there is always job for everyone. Job over plenty, even if its working MCD or as a roustabout in the oil rigs.

The doctors, engineers e.t.c I listed up there were mid-level careers and above in Nigeria before immigrating. Some earning over 12m per annum in Nigeria, yet they still immigrated. Some things in life cannot be quantified by the amount of money in bank. E.g excellent health care and education, opportunity to work with the latest technology, access to a good judiciary system, easy access to any country in the world without queuing for entry clearance permit, coming back to work as expatriate in Nigeria e.t.c
yes , I agree with you but without the necessary skills what chances do you have. we lack some basic ammenites are here in NIgeria , should that be a reason a youth who has failed jamb on diff occasions would conclude he cannot make it in NIGERIA but only abroad .all fingers are not equal , we are nigerians , we are nigerians. if I yan una story hen ... se majority of us here are guys. read this , my bro graduated in 2001, shortly his babe dumped him and travelled out , 2003 he got a job with a subsidiary in NNPC earning peanuts. 2005 another of his babe lef him to uk for masters. after some months there waas a review in salary . He travels to Uk every year, he dey lash the first babe steady ,tho she is married to a white the other babe returnd to naija .. he still dey lash am till now self. he was in the states some months back after he returned his peeps in yankee called him... you need to hear how he was being praised . he is planning to buy a property there... his other half brother call him steady from spain,says he wants to relocate to canada or so...... bottom line if he had ran to somewhere else , am not sure he would be capable of doing what he is doing now .if e reach you , you go know say naija sweet die. focus does it..... I have a friend in the uni ,we were in the engineering dept while in school you ll see this youg man go to the studio claiming he will turn a super star,in our fourth year , he said he was leaving for uk ... till today he is still pursuing visa... what do we call that?

1 Like

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33: BTW now and 2050 d world would have successfully moved on to other cleaner means for fuel. The Nigerian oil and gas industry would disappear to nothing. Poverty would have more than quadrupled.

And you go dey wish say u commot when u had d chance to!
where you dey read this one from ? and yes if oil isnt as useful as it is today , it will affect you in whichever country you are in .... the countries you are running to still have the largest percentage of their income from oil .... but sorry it is not possible for oil to loose its total value.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Sanchez01: 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
Silkmoth33:

I detest this horrible mentality. Go there and become a pest when you have nothing to add? Does it even sound meaningful to you How does one sell off his properties, travel with no plans other than intend to become an addition to the infestation plaguing the government. A mentality as this is capable of making the carrier wretched for life!

4 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sanchez01:
I detest this horrible mentality. Go there and become a pest when you have nothing to add? Does it even sound meaningful to you How does one sell off his properties, travel with no plans other than intend to become an addition to the infestation plaguing the government. A mentality as this is capable of making the carrier wretched for life!
you really cant change the thought of some peeps when it comes to this .... let them get there first.... na their type no dey shame to beg.
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by iceberylin(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
ŚĔŔĨŐÚŚĹŶ undecided

ŤŔÁVĔĹĨŃĞ ĨŚ ŴÁŶ ßĔŤŤĔŔ

2 Likes

Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by Olukokosir(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
its a must .... finding greener pasture
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by WhyAWhy(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
claremont: People would always migrate from one place to the other for various reasons. In the EU, citizens of any of the countries migrate from one country to another in search of a better life. Some Americans have been known to migrate to Australia and even as far as the EU all in a bid to eke out a better existence. My point is that migration is a universal characteristic of the human species; and hence, its manifestation among the Nigerian populace is not abnormal, it is a universal norm.

The notion that ''If you cannot make it in Nigeria, you can't make it anywhere else'' is not only ill-informed, but it reeks of ignorance. The first thing that strikes anyone who reads such a statement is ''make it'', everyone's definition of that phrase is different. Some people are quite happy to eke out a miserable existence in a country with appalling public infrastructure, abysmal public services, blatant corruption, and a healthcare system that is a joke. To these people, getting paid peanuts whilst working in the aforementioned country is what they define as having ''made it''.

Thankfully, not everyone believes in sacrificing their destiny on the altar of blindfolded patriotism. This is why people would always migrate. The lure to live a life better than the one currently been lived is far greater than the pull of a below-average abysmal existence they call ''making it in Nigeria''.

100%
Re: On Nigerians And The 'must Travel Mentality' by WhyAWhy(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
majekdom2: bro , its as simple as that ...... you should give me convictions as to being successful abroad , when nothing good has been attributed to you here in nigeria.

What is your point exactly?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / First Commercial Plane To Land At Anambra Airport For Runway Testing (Photos) / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.