Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,470 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite (17156 Views)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Full List Of Elected Governors In Nigeria 2015-2019 / Buhari's Message To Elected Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by anonimi: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12: This reminds of this video taken by a Norwegian in Lagos basically depicting a train ride from Iddo to Ebute Meta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2S7aqZgn2E

Showing the eyesore that is Lagos. This was shot last year and the derisive youtube comments from foreigners show how low our standards are.

This is Lagos o. The most progressive state with the best governor in Nigeria, so to speak.

Meaning that the rest of Nigeria is one stinking, rotting corpse that shouldn't even merit discussion.

That is why I am so surprised when people rate Fashola so high, seemingly carried away by his sweet words but little action.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by RebelLeader15(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
iheanyi40: Abia state governor is d worst performing governor mehn
Abia state governor is performing compare to Segun Iroko Mimiko...agbabialaran ooooooooo! That man has spoil ondo state
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
It's easier for me to rate any Nigerian state govenor 0/10 than to bother with the politics of asskissing.

Infact, let's just rate Nigeria 0/10 based on Performance out of Opportunity.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12: This reminds of this video taken by a Norwegian in Lagos basically depicting a train ride from Iddo to Ebute Meta:

Showing the eyesore that is Lagos. This was shot last year and the derisive youtube comments from foreigners show how low our standards are.

This is Lagos o. The most progressive state with the best governor in Nigeria, so to speak.

Meaning that the rest of Nigeria is one stinking, rotting corpse that shouldn't even merit discussion.

The country is a cesspool.

Yet, some youths are collecting money to continue destroying their own future:

https://www.nairaland.com/1916318/nigerian-politicians-employ-internet-warriors

5 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Honestly? Not by much.... unless you are upper-middle class to rich and need a semblance of some luxury life as we see in some places like VI or Lekki.

Assuming you are not in the mood to relocate to Abuja or choice areas in the SS.

Lagos has a larger metro population and therefore more "stuff" going on. Doesn't mean that the average Lagosian is better off than his counterparts outside the state.

I think the average person in every largest city in almost any country would always be better off than the average person in the rest of the country.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
anonimi:

That is why I am so surprised when people rate Fashola so high, seemingly carried away by his sweet words but little action.

What do you expect him to do?

Use a magic wand to remove all the mess that took decades to develop?

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by lertee(f): 2:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
I wonder when my state governor will have something good for my state,He really needs to fall within the cretins and not among the potentials
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite the King of Fucktards is back after sabatical away from nl.

I'm from Osun State. My Governor Engr Rauf AregbeRascal is doing well considering the available resources.

The worst are many ooooo

They are competing, I don't even know which of them is no 1.

They are Idris of Kogi

Baba Mangoro of Adamawa

Benue

Kwara

Abia

And some other fucktards.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

I think the average person in every largest city in almost any country would always be better off than the average person in the rest of the country.

Not true at all. In the US, that is like saying that the average New Yorker is better off that the average person in Greenwich, Connecticut, or someone from San Francisco.

Large cities can also mean a larger scale of poverty and sprawl.

I don't buy it that Lagosians on average are better off than the rest of the Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mars88(m): 3:04pm On Sep 23, 2014

Bless you brother, 'this is lagos o' but pls how is 'the governor the best in Nigeria so to speak'

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

The country is a cesspool.

Yet, some youths are collecting money to continue destroying their own future:

https://www.nairaland.com/1916318/nigerian-politicians-employ-internet-warriors

Too bad. Youths being employed on both sides of the political fence to sell smokescreens to the naive populace.

Nigerian leadership is basically recycled garbage, peddling the same old heads (behind the scenes or in front, contesting).

I am yet to see a really different political class with potential.

What about a political party led by younger technocrats with fresh, innovative ideas, populated by youths with a clear vision for Nigeria? Devoid of regional, religious or ethnic politics with little time for blackmail, smear campaigns and meaningless propaganda/praise worship.

None so far, so these so called governors can go and have several seats.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
Mars88:

Bless you brother, 'this is lagos o' but pls how is 'the governor the best in Nigeria so to speak'

Well, he has been acclaimed as such by many. *shrugs*
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by phransix147(m): 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

ilioke nda, but ndo atah idiok eyen IBIBIO.
IREPIKONO#

Respect #OneLove
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by RebelLeader15(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Dr Olusegun Iroko Mimiko, the traditional medical doctor from Ondo township is an Herbalist, ritual killer, thief, criminal, gambler, crook, jailbird, evildoer, nefarious, iniquitos etc......... He abandoned all the unfinished project of Agagu's administration, He turns himself to Agbalowomeri Baale Jontolo, extorting from both the rich and poor in Ondo state. The motorable roads during Agagu's administration has turn blood sucking express way during Iroko tenure.....

O/p if you nor want make thunder fire you, just edit and delete Segun Mimiko from that list sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Too bad. Youths being employed on both sides of the political fence to sell smokescreens to the naive populace.

Nigerian leadership is basically recycled garbage, peddling the same old heads (behind the scenes or in front, contesting).

I am yet to see a really different political class with potential.

What about a political party led by younger technocrats with fresh, innovative ideas, populated by youths with a clear vision for Nigeria? Devoid of regional, religious or ethnic politics with little time for blackmail, smear campaigns and meaningless propaganda/praise worship.

None so far, so these so called governors can go and have several seats.

They would not have a chance.

Apart from the fcktards like pendusky that inhibit Nigeria not voting for them, they might even be beating to a pulp while campaigning by the very people they want to help better their lives.

The people are more reetarded than their leaders and deserve the leaders they have.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Mbediogu(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=2sexi]FTC things... tears shirts, removes trouser... removes boxers... start dancing shoki...

All of them performed well - for their pockets only. Every society votes in the calibre of leaders it deserves, period. We are positioning now to make the same mistakes a few months from now, and so ad infinitum.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Not true at all. In the US, that is like saying that the average New Yorker is better off that the average person in Greenwich, Connecticut, or someone from San Francisco.

Large cities can also mean a larger scale of poverty and sprawl.

I don't buy it that Lagosians on average are better off than the rest of the Nigeria.

Greenwich, Connecticut, San Francisco are cities in effectively different countries.

You need to compare the big city to towns and villages.

USA is effectively a continent.

Also, in third would countries, villages are effectively a backward existence.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Greenwich, Connecticut, San Francisco are cities in effectively different countries.

You need to compare the big city to towns and villages.

USA is effectively a continent.

Also, in third would countries, villages are effectively a backward existence.

Well Greenwich is a town/village, albeit a well to do one cheesy.

Those hapless folks at Makoko and other slums in the third world cannot be better off than their counterparts in the village, sorry. One can actually make a case for the opposite, but that's another argument for another day.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Well Greenwich is a town/village, albeit a well to do one cheesy.

Those hapless folks at Makoko and other slums cannot be better off than those in the village, sorry.

Go to a village in Boko Haram Taraba or one in Bayelsa where the politicians like the Jonadafts have power, and you will think Makoko is Manhattan.

4 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Go to a village in Boko Haram Taraba or in Bayelsa where the politicians like the Jonadafts have power, and you will think Makoko is Manhattan.

Well, for me...I would rather settle down in my serene, sparsely populated and clean village in Enugu than duke it out in a city slum like makoko. Living from the earth as a farmer and enjoying the simple peasant life, although poor.

I'm sure there are extremely backward places in Nigeria but the average town/rural dweller will probably agree with me.

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Well, for me...I would rather settle down in my serene, sparsely populated and clean village in Enugu than duke it out in a city slum like makoko. Living from the earth as a farmer and enjoying the simple peasant life, although poor.

I'm sure there are extremely backward places in Nigeria but the average town/rural dweller will probably agree with me.

You can vision that because you subconsciously have included the few bucks you would carry there and become a big man. grin

Now vision the real version of you in completely dirty, brown and unwashed rags selling tubers of yam by the roadside, making N15,000 a month. grin grin grin grin grin

Oops, and if you do not want to send any of your 4 kids to the state school provided by Nigerian politicians, it would cost you at least N30,000 per term per child in the cheapest decent private school. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, you still want to live in a village in Nigeria? grin

3 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
I don't get you.

There aren't petty sellers operating in filthier conditions in Lagos or there aren't deplorable state/local schools in the city, vs grossly expensive "international" secondary schools?

All I am saying is that I'd rather be poor in the village than be poor in a densely populated, disease ridden, expensive and muddy slum.

Sagamite:

You can vision that because you subconsciously have included the few bucks you would carry there and become a big man. grin

Now vision the real version of you in completely dirty, brown and unwashed rags selling tubers of yam by the roadside, making N15,000 a month. grin grin grin grin grin

Oops, and if you do not want to send any of your 4 kids to the state school provided by Nigerian politicians, it would cost you at least N30,000 per term per child in the cheapest decent private school. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, you still want to live in a village in Nigeria? grin

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by BigBro(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
@OP
Your post is seriously misleading. It is either you are saying what you don't know or trying to deliberately mislead your readers. I agree with you on the first one on the list that is Fashola. but for you to put Rabiu Kwankwaso of Kano, Apabio of Akwa Ibom, Oshiomole of Edo and Amechi of Rivers at the bottom is grossly misleading and mischievous.

Get your facts right before you share with others.
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12: I don't get you.

There aren't petty sellers operating in filthier conditions in Lagos or there aren't deplorable state/local schools in the city, vs grossly expensive "international" secondary schools?

All I am saying is that I'd rather be poor in the village than be poor in a densely populated, disease ridden, expensive and muddy slum.

Petty sellers in Lagos are far richer. Even schools in Lagos, as bad as they are, are better.

Don't forget that Nigeria's person leaders tend to focus their minimal efforts on the commercial centres where there are more people and popular opinions are formulated.

Go back and read on this thread how someone highlighted Akpabio only focuses on Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Ofklaw: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Delta state is the worst considering how rich the state is, that short dude is the worst governor Delta state has ever produced.
Oduaghan has done nothing for the state, the convicted tall dark criminal (Ibori) performed better than the ugly dwarf despite all the money he stole.
Imposing someone that could not manage his own hospital on the state is the biggest error..Ibori whyyyy cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Rexnegro(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gov Kayode fayemi tried a lot despite been the 2nd poorest poor based on fg allocation after yobe state....tho not to be compared to the like of akwa ibom,lagos,Osun,IMO, etc o but from what he was able to do with just 2.5Billion(if not less than) fg allocation to ekiti I say kudos to him....mind u also ekiti IGR is almost like gtb bank account balance the #zero naira saving acct...
But btw lagos,IMO,osun ,akwa ibom etc...hmmm I can't pick no1 rather I'll say thumbs up to them...they rep their people well...mind u if they no do anytin notin we go do..na their mandate...so kudos to them all...
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Emisco1(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Why is he the worst?
u wana knw Y?.I tay In Kogi.LOKOJA PRECISELY.hs jst livin on gov.ibro past glory.d only tin he dos was 2 buy new WADA BUS spread arund twn.

1 Like

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

Petty sellers in Lagos are far richer. Even schools in Lagos, as bad as they are, are better.

Don't forget that Nigeria's person leaders tend to focus their minimal efforts on the commercial centres where there are more people and popular opinions are formulated.

Go back and read on this thread how someone highlighted Akpabio only focuses on Uyo.

Petty sellers are richer in Lagos and the local secondary schools are better? After taking into account cost of living or the hassle, dirtiness and sprawl of it all?

Okay man. Hey, it's your thread. Paint your glossy stories however you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by anonimi: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Sagamite:

What do you expect him to do?

Use a magic wand to remove all the mess that took decades to develop?

I thought N500 billion annual budget with 15 years plus of "progreTHIEF " administration would have wonders.
My bad sad
Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
chulla12:

Petty sellers are richer in Lagos and the local secondary schools are better? After taking into account cost of living or the hassle, dirtiness and sprawl of it all?

Okay man. Hey, it's your thread. Paint your glossy stories however you want.

Hassle is more, cost of living is higher but the proportion of the disposable income left after you remove this additional cost is higher.

Mate, not many people outside the cities in Nigeria have bank accounts. That is because they don't need one as there is not a lot of money to save.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by Sagamite(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
anonimi:

I thought N500 billion annual budget with 15 years plus of "progreTHIEF " administration would have wonders.
My bad sad

If you used your head, you would be talking about billions per capita.

2 Likes

Re: How Have The Elected Governors Performed? - Sagamite by eazydon(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
So have we finally all agreed that Theodore Orji of Abia state is the worst performing governor ever in the history of Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria / Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.