Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe (56971 Views)

Adeboye, Redeemed Congress And The TB Joshua LIES / Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by emmabest2000(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2014
felzylix: You've done the right thing, buh when the consequences arise... OYO is ur case #remember
Na them , Fear them .... shocked
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Lovine: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2014
Have you been to Borno before, Mr. Journalist?
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by authority2006(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2014
yorke1: Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no hurt. Enough said!
This is one the fundamentalists he was talking about. "Anointed" my a$$.
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Kabiyesy: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2014
God have mercy upon the Church & TBJ.
Whatever a man sows he will reap.
Pls journalist, don't join d politicians in deceiving us.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 24, 2014
mcro1:

Ordinarily being thousands of miles away from Nigeria (and in a land where commonsense is taken for granted) would have given me a consolation for escaping the abnormalities that have been a matter-of-course in my fatherland. Alsa, i still find myself peeping in on the country once in a while to see if any good news may come from that country. Nigeria has lost it from time immemorial. The possibility of the present generation finding 'it' deems by the day. Just imagine how some of the posters above stand logic on its head. How unfortunate. In the recording that i listened to, people were even laughing as if it was a kind of a merry gathering, as if it was not a matter that caused the untimely, unnecessary and avoidable death of over 80 people!! Habba!! 80 people and not 80 chicken!! But then, the most heinous crime will still find justification with some zombie-like remote-operated 'mumus' that unfortunately constitute the larger percentage of the Nigeria internet users.
I congratulate you Mr Nicholas Ibekwe. Truth be told, i don't have the bravery to do what you just did while I am still in that country. As you might have well known, you are on a collision course with the powers and principalities. My prayers will be on you and your family. May God spare your life and guide your family through this trying period. Maybe because of people like you, the gods may one day reverse their curses on that 'goddamned' country. As for Jonathan and Fashola, they are part of the establishment; nothing good can ever come out of them.
As for the 'gods of men', you may continue to fool your hypnotized zombie followers. But let it be known to you, that the Ibekwes of this world will never be fooled by your fakery. And one by one, your day of reckoning will be a fait accompli.

Bro, I envy you that have escaped this country. This country has gone to the dogs oo. One by one, our God will reveal them all!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2014
yorke1: Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no hurt. Enough said!

and how are we even sure this man is a prophet of God?
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by crown777(m): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2014
PerfectFortune: Nicolas Ibekwe has finally found a way to get public attention and become popular and it seems to be working for him already.

Press everywhere in the world receives money to write good stories about somebody or an events. The Briths do it through BBC while the Americans use the CNN and others. President GEJ employed one recently while the APC is also suspected to have employed the services of Sahara Reporters.

They call it image laundering....

Shame on you and people that likes your dumb statement. Dis is Nigeria let us make it right. We are talking about innocent souls. May their souls rest in perfect peace.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by amobii: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2014
PerfectFortune: Nicolas Ibekwe has finally found a way to get public attention and become popular and it seems to be working for him already.

Press everywhere in the world receives money to write good stories about somebody or an events. The Briths do it through BBC while the Americans use the CNN and others. President GEJ employed one recently while the APC is also suspected to have employed the services of Sahara Reporters.

Ogbeni, stop giving lies, BBC is sponsored by tax payers fund, they do not collect any bride or image laundering, every house that got tv in uk, pay tv licence of £12.20 every month plus the budget from central government, that is why BBC do not run advert on the tv, sky and CNN runs advert that is where the fund comes from. they also got Ofcom who monitor their activities. Nigeria journalism need to do more and stop patronizing the rich or politicians, in other countries like UK or US people fear press more than any thing, but here as long as you can buy your way with money no problem, no secret investigation journalism.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Geeman74(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2014
Thumbs up bro. We need more people like you to turn this country around. I salute your courage.

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by moyin2009: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2014
GOD bless you richly and more exploits.

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by MarieSucre(f): 9:46am On Sep 24, 2014

My dear, even if the angels collect bribe to launder heavens image. What is wrong is wrong. koba haka ba?

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by ogbonnajude507: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2014
i am not a religious fanatic or am supporter of men of GOD,I do not believe in the dogma of most men of GOD,I AM NOT ENSLAVED BY ANY PASTOR to pay tithe nor offering.pastors live in mansions,own sky scrappers,jets while 90% of their members live in slum.i only believe in d son of GOD JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED ON THE CROSS.I HOPE TO DO THE RIGHT THING WHEN DUTY CALLS.mr reporter i dont know the authenticity of your report but whatever be the case what is what doing is what doing well.do not slander peoples image in the name of becoming famous,do not lie just to get attention report what is right and posterity will remember.THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF GOD OWES THOSE THAT WERE LOST IN THAT ILL FATED BUILDING A WHOLE LOT.THANKS
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by simplynola(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2014
Mr Journalist there is no reward for that in heaven. Whether you write these to get national honours doesn't guarantee you a place in heaven. Be born again thats the rule. Am sure if your wife or son accidentally kills someone, you will try your best to stop them from going to jail. In Bill Gate's words.....Life is unfair. I hope Jonalist....sorry i mean Jonathan is reading this. MON for the man pls

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by NuellaJ(f): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2014
georgecso: Pastors are not infallible
Of cos they not infallible cos they humans. But it's annoying when any of them falls and his sheepish 'consciencewashed' (pardon my grammer) fanatics expect me to applaude or worship him for that. Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:31am On Sep 24, 2014
Tallesty1: Nigeria is one of the places where good is frowned on and evil celebrated. I can still remember how this young man was attacked and called all sorts of names the first day his audio was posted here.

We need you and more like you to get the changes we need in Nigeria. May God bless you and your family. Keep up the good work.

If you want proof that Nigeria is sick, this article is it
In a sane society, nobody needs to explain why he is blowing the whistle on crime - bribery
It is even a crime NOT to report it
In Nigeria, IT IS A CRIME TO REPORT A CRIME
Anybody who faults this journalist needs to go to God to order a brand new conscience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Lovine: Have you been to Borno before, Mr. Journalist?
Will he post himself there?
And did you go to Synagogue?
Did you try to help rescue the people that were trapped?
Did you prevail on the church members to allow emergency workers to allow access to the building to rescue people?

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:39am On Sep 24, 2014
simplynola: Mr Journalist there is no reward for that in heaven. Whether you write these to get national honours doesn't guarantee you a place in heaven. Be born again thats the rule. Am sure[b] if your wife or son accidentally kills someone[/b], you will try your best to stop them from going to jail. In Bill Gate's words.....Life is unfair. I hope Jonalist....sorry i mean Jonathan is reading this. MON for the man pls
But he will not stop people from rushing that person to the hospital if it was truly accidental
I hope that you realise that
1. LASEMA staff were not allowed access to the place to carry out rescue operation. Is that normal or accidental?
2. Innocent Nigerians are being attacked in South Africa because of this matter (you too would not post this if the people attacked in SA include your wife or son)
3. Covering up crime can haunt us in the future?
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2014
ogbonnajude507: do not slander peoples image in the name of becoming famous,do not lie just to get attention report what is right and posterity will remember.THE SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF GOD OWES THOSE THAT WERE LOST IN THAT ILL FATED BUILDING A WHOLE LOT.THANKS
Every day, journalists run the risk of being sued for defamation (libel or slander)
He really does not need to be reminded
Why do you think he is seeking attention?
Isn't there a possibility that he just wants to report the truth as they drum into our ears from childhood?
Or have the moral instructions in Nigerian homes changed?

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Georgry(m): 10:48am On Sep 24, 2014
Na so jor they contest is too long cnt finish it
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
You are very right sir...but you must also realise that our spinelessness emanates from a complex mix of the effects of bad leadership and idiotic middle eastern religious believes( christianity & islam). The effects of this mind numbing mix has ensured a perpetuation of slave mentality in the black man in almost every geographical space. I have not heard of any high-level prosecution of corrupt official in Ghana in a long time unlike in China.
Forget it!
I am a muslim! There is nothing like touch not my anointed in Islam
We are enjoined to speak the TRUTH even if it is against ourselves
The only restriction is that you must be sure - don't accuse based on suspicion
I have on NL condemned the murderous gangs - ISIS, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda - as bloodthirsty and insane killers
My conscience cannot permit anything different

Note that because of this incident Nigerians are being attacked in South Africa
The matter has gone beyond religion
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 10:58am On Sep 24, 2014
jigabanty: Until you listen with an unbiased mind and also carefully to this audio, you won't get the message. T.B Joshua did not bribe the journalists. Don't forget he is a cheerful giver, he gives freely and on any slight occasion that warrants it. He gives stipends to people that visit on official purposes. I have also carefully listened to the audio. It is clear that he is as usual giving as he always gives people money, food and free gifts. Even the injured South Africans each were given R2000 on flying back home, was that also bribery? If you were a public figure and journalists came to your office for questioning or interview or whatever, its normal and polite for you to give them transport allowance now, not even when you are a philanthropist.
I heard T.B Joshua mentioned the police have their job to do, he said he doesn't want to say anything that will intervene or influence their investigation. He also told them he has said all he wanted to say in the church and asked them what other thing do you want me to say when the questioning was too much. He asked the journalists what they want to write and did not tell them anything to write. Please listen carefully to the audio before reacting. Our journalist Nicholas Ibekwe could only be an attention seeker. And its definitely working for him but only with the gullible minds
1. Every responsible private sector organisation prohibits gifts or imposes a limit on them. Some will never allow money to be given
2. I have dealt with journalists before, please don't try and misinform us on what we know. Nigerian journalists are not well paid, but reporting on a matter like this is different from commenting on whether a bank's ATM breaks down frequently.
3. As for giving, there is a time for everything. When a policeman stops my car and he finds that my papers have issues, I cannot be giving him a gift at that point
But when same policeman on his way home spends some time to resolve a traffic gridlock or he stands in the rain to ensure traffic moves freely, money given to hm then is a gift
Mr Ibekwe says that they were asked
"what are you going to write?"
But you heard something different
Please can you provide a transcript

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2014
crackhouse: Bros eh, abeg make i ask u this kwesion. If the money in the brown envelop were between 500k-1m, wouldn't u have collected it? Another kwesion is, Haven't u collected brown envelop in the past for at least once since u started ur career as a journalist?. Answer pls
Let me ask you too
Is there an amount that would be paid to you to keep quiet over the murder of your beloved child?
Or to ignore the r..a...p....e of your niece?
And do you intend to continue with all your sins/faults till you enter your grave?
What is your view about covering up the negligent cause of death of 100 people and covering up poor customer service at a bank branch

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by simplynola(m): 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
BetaThings:
But he will not stop people from rushing that person to the hospital if it was truly accidental
I hope that you realise that
1. LASEMA staff were not allowed access to the place to carry out rescue operation. Is that normal or accidental?
2. Innocent Nigerians are being attacked in South Africa because of this matter (you too would not post this if the people attacked in SA include your wife or son)
3. Covering up crime can haunt us in the future?

I understand but my point is that sometimes you need to be diplomatic in reporting so as not to raise tension in a volatile environment. It was because of the aggressive way it was reported in South African Newspapers that brought about the attack on Nigerians. Am not supporting the Pastor though but i think what he was trying to do was to appease the journalists to help douse tension or riot that might arise. The journalist called it bribe but most corporate organizations call it PR and that is a norm in life.journalist needs to be diplomatic in their reportage

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
AdannayaBella:
I myself could not believe her logic. Her comment is truly mind-boggling. Basically, what she is trying to say whether she knows it or not is that because any person would react in that manner (which is a load of bullshit by the way), that should somehow extenuate his actions. I just don't get some Nigerians. What is wrong is wrong. This discourse is not about what we would do if we were in his situation. It's about the illegalities that eventually resulted in the collapse of the building, as well as the inappropriate actions taken afterwards. All of which ought to be classified as criminal offences, at least in saner climes.
Don't mind them, they want us to disband the police
And stop all criminal investigations
Why?
Because it is human nature to want to cover up our "accidental crimes"
We should now apologise to Moro for condemning him for death of the Immigration Service applicants at stadia all over the country

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by PerfectFortune: 11:25am On Sep 24, 2014
crown777:

Shame on you and people that likes your dumb statement. Dis is Nigeria let us make it right. We are talking about innocent souls. May their souls rest in perfect peace.

You are sooooo naïve. Does it mean Nicolas is the only morally upright reporter in the country? And was it his first time of getting such advances? Am in no way supporting what happened at the Synagoge and strongly believe Justice must be served but it is not new where press are bought to write positive stories and that doesn't mean the truth can't be published anyway.

Nicolas for me has seen a way to hit his gold mine and not really about morality.

Only time will tell on that.

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Jasi7(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hiohiohiohiohiohiohiohio

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I was kidding about that part na grin

He did good.
Better if his motives were pure.

Where you been sef?

Been around but I dont come online on d regular sha!...missed u too miz.

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by MizMyColi(f): 11:49am On Sep 24, 2014
Jasi7:

Been around but I dont come online on d regular sha!...missed u too miz.

smiley
I did think of you lately.
woulda gone stalking.
Do come around as often as you can, oka winky
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by Jasi7(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

smiley
I did think of you lately.
woulda gone stalking.
Do come around as often as you can, oka winky

Alrite...I wil from now henceforth....if i may ask,r u a moderator here...ure always everywhere
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 11:54am On Sep 24, 2014
simplynola: I understand but my point is that sometimes you need to be diplomatic in reporting so as not to raise tension in a volatile environment. It was because of the aggressive way it was reported in South African Newspapers that brought about the attack on Nigerians. Am not supporting the Pastor though but i think what he was trying to do was to appease the journalists to help douse tension or riot that might arise. The journalist called it bribe but most corporate organizations call it PR and that is a norm in life.journalist needs to be diplomatic in their reportage

I am not based in South Africa. I don't have intimate friends there any longer. Infact I hate the country
But I am saddened by the needless death of Nigerians anywhere or indeed any human being
It can be me next time is the way I think
However, the attack in South Africa is likely to be due to the usual "Nigerian way" of responding to disasters
Let us look at what Mr Ibekwe said
I waited for six days...We didn’t highlight the fact that many of those that perished could have been saved if NEMA officials weren’t barred from the site for almost three days! So when I woke up last Saturday morning and saw the picture of Jonathan shaking hands with a grinning TB Joshua with headlines like “Jonathan consoles TB Joshua,”"
Fact is that South Africa has an embassy in Nigeria and there are a lot of their Nationals here
They have an idea of what was happening

Nigeria places zero value on human life and Jonathan rushed to the site when the message from SA was getting strong
South Africa prizes the lives of its citizens

While Nigerian press was reporting 40 dead overall, South Africa was claiming 67 of its people were dead
That is not aggressive reporting; Rather it is "settlement and nonchalant" reporting by the press
And that is what annoys and provokes
Nigerians would have been similarly outraged were the circumstances reversed though we don't normally attack people

If a responsible Nigerian government official had taken charge and worked with Synagogue to frankly give updates on what was happening
South Africans would not have seen a conspiracy of silence
But the press was under reporting; Synagogue did not allow rescue workers to begin work immediately; Nigerian Embassy in South Africa did nothing
All of that led to feeling of helplessness and the next thing was to lash out at Nigerians living there
Frank reporting by journalists would have put them and the masses (including the Nigerians in SA) on the same side of people seeking the truth

2 Likes

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by BetaThings: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
PerfectFortune: You are sooooo naïve. Does it mean Nicolas is the only morally upright reporter in the country? And was it his first time of getting such advances?

Was Gani Fawehinmi the only morally upright Nigerian lawyer?

PerfectFortune: Am in no way supporting what happened at the Synagoge and strongly believe Justice must be served but it is not new where press are bought to right positive stories and that doesn't mean the truth can't be published anyway.
There is a time for everything
Some people really fear God
I have a friend who links all his issues to God's punishments. If he has a quarrel with his wife and does not resolve it and has a scrape on his car from another car, he attributes that to the quarrel with his wife
Do you think a journalist thinking that way will cover up a matter involving loss of lives?
You can cover up the refusal of the FG to fulfill promises made to Super Eagles but death due to negligence?

PerfectFortune: Nicolas for me has seen a way to hit his gold mine and not really about morality.
Avoid suspicion; don't be so certain - others might be so certain about your own intention in the future
If we believe there is ZERO altruism then there is no hope

1 Like

Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by PerfectFortune: 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
BetaThings:
Was Gani Fawehinmi the only morally upright Nigerian lawyer?

There is a time for everything
Some people really fear God
I have a friend who links all his issues to God's punishments. If he has a quarrel with his wife and does not resolve it and has a scrape on his car from another car, he attributes that to the quarrel with his wife
Do you think a journalist thinking that way will cover up a matter involving loss of lives?
You can cover up the refusal of the FG to fulfill promises made to Super Eagles but death due to negligence?

Avoid suspicion; don't be so certain - others might be so certain about your own intention in the future
If we believe there is ZERO altruism then there is no hope

You've got valid points there. I sure believe only time will tell what his intentions really are.

Reuben Abati, Festus Kiyamo, Com. Gani Adams have all at one time acted to saints and seemingly different from others but the story is different today.

Only time will tell my Bro....
Re: Why I Published The TB Joshua Bribery Audio - Nicholas Ibekwe by niceguy20: 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
Why won't journalists take bribes when the whole system stinks of bribery and corruption? Nigeria's case is pathetic. Whoever controls huge amount of cash automatically wields enormous and unbelievable influence on the police, politicians, reputed media houses and even the church. As I've posited before, this T.B. Joshua is no saint! And so, it behooves journalists who sincerely appreciate the worth of that numenclature like Nicolas Ibekwe to say it as it is. God bless you Mr. Ibekwe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Angel Caught On CCTV Saving A Man From An Accident / Pastor Dies After Fasting For 30 Days To Compete And Beat Jesus Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.