Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs (8210 Views)

Obiano Commissions Anambra Mdgs-cgs Water Supply Scheme At Umunze / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence / Subsidy Removal: Un Commends Jonathan, As Eu Passes Vote Of Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by tokjohn: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2014
You won't believe what you will see. Watch and Share!
Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8myBtiuAw&feature=share
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Contumely: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

Are you?
guy why was ur last topic on why guys should avoid romance section deleted.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by DaGC(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Htown64: maybe eye dey turn you or na home video you for dey see all these things you mention here.

Well, if you are in Delta state, you would have seen improvements in the three listed areas I gave.
I'm sure you know the city shuttle buses take less and in some cases half of what other motorists charge to transit between towns e.g Warri,Ughelli, Asaba-Agbor,Sapele, Abraka etc. Places of N200 gets charged at N100, other places of N500 are usually charged N300 etc. Little wonder why lots of Deltans prefer using it. That's a win for me because it helps the average Deltan.
Granted, the roads are not perfect, but they are not what most people are painting it to be here.
The free medical heath care for under 5years and above 65years is a wonderful thing. My uncle works for the ministry of health and I've accompanied him on some inspection tours of hospitals in the state. To people who can afford medical bills for themselves and their families, they would easily overlook this as a good thing, but when you visit these health centres and see people bringing their parents/grandparents for free treatment, you would appreciate it. The free ante-natal care is also a plus; although its shocking to see so many pregnant young girls at the hospitals. Usually, these people would result to traditional medicine or in some cases patronising chemists in their rural areas, but because of this free medical care, they get proper medical care. Visit health centres across the state and see what it means to these families that wouldn't have been able to afford such medical care.
Lastly, on education, I visited an old friend serving in the state, Ughelli south LGA, Orogun to be precise. He's a teacher at the secondary school there. When we discussed, he heaped praises at the government's provision of equipments. Kept praising the quality of equipments in the physics lab; and that even him didn't get to use some of the apparatus during his university days. He said even the corper teaching chemistry was blown away too with the chemistry lab. We also all know the remodelling the government carried out on primary and secondary schools in the state. Visited my old college in Warri recently for a basketball game, and it truly has improved in a lot of ways. Better environment, better classes, better labs etc.

And the funny thing is I don't even like the man and FYI, I still think the governor could have done way more, but he impressed me in the areas of education, health care and transportation.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by DaGC(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2014
Double post. Sorry.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Kennyfancy(m): 11:42am On Sep 24, 2014
freshness2020: Consolation news I would say!
jealousy i will say, i guest u ar frm taraba state
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Htown64(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2014
DaGC:

Well, if you are in Delta state, you would have seen improvements in the three listed areas I gave.
I'm sure you know the city shuttle buses take less and in some cases half of what other motorists charge to transit between towns e.g Warri,Ughelli, Asaba-Agbor,Sapele, Abraka etc. Places of N200 gets charged at N100, other places of N500 are usually charged N300 etc. Little wonder why lots of Deltans prefer using it. That's a win for me because it helps the average Deltan.
Granted, the roads are not perfect, but they are not what most people are painting it to be here.
The free medical heath care for under 5years and above 65years is a wonderful thing. My uncle works for the ministry of health and I've accompanied him on some inspection tours of hospitals in the state. To people who can afford medical bills for themselves and their families, they would easily overlook this as a good thing, but when you visit these health centres and see people bringing their parents/grandparents for free treatment, you would appreciate it. The free ante-natal care is also a plus; although its shocking to see so many pregnant young girls at the hospitals. Usually, these people would result to traditional medicine or in some cases patronising chemists in their rural areas, but because of this free medical care, they get proper medical care. Visit health centres across the state and see what it means to these families that wouldn't have been able to afford such medical care.
Lastly, on education, I visited an old friend serving in the state, Ughelli south LGA, Orogun to be precise. He's a teacher at the secondary school there. When we discussed, he heaped praises at the government's provision of equipments. Kept praising the quality of equipments in the physics lab; and that even him didn't get to use some of the apparatus during his university days. He said even the corper teaching chemistry was blown away too with the chemistry lab. We also all know the remodelling the government carried out on primary and secondary schools in the state. Visited my old college in Warri recently for a basketball game, and it truly has improved in a lot of ways. Better environment, better classes, better labs etc.

And the funny thing is I don't even like the man and FYI, I still think the governor could have done way more, but he impressed me in the areas of education, health care and transportation.
pictures don't lie. I send u some pics of primary schools in warri when I get hold of my new Phone to prove to you that the govt is best at deceiving people. The only place I can score this govt is on mother & child free med. Water is zero and transportation is same because you will have to wait for hours on end before it gets to your turn which is not good.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
[s]
kennyfao:
God bless u for that question
I tot I am d only one wondering which part of Delta State because I have being in warri and also a regular visitor to places like Ughelli,kwale, abraka, obiaruko and ozoro for the past four years and I have not seen any form. of development here in Delta state oo
Infact, u nid to come to warri and see how uduaghan has spoilt all d road in d name of a failed project called BRT lane., digging all d side raods in d name of a failed supply ofpotable water. In our own accessment as residents of Delta state the Governer is a. Complete failure.
[/s]

You have to use your eyes and keep your assessment to yourself. The water project and BRT are faliures? Na wa for some of you kids sha..
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
[s]
stinggy:
I wonder how too. I spent almost a year in Delta. You can't be receiving such a huge allocation and yet have nothing to show for it. The roads are bad except for federal roads, once it rains, better you stay back in because all the roads will be flooded. Except for few schools picked for re-modeling, others are in bad shape.
All Uduaghan does is to invest in petty projects. I laughed so hard when I saw him commission a swimming pool in Warri grin Like dafuq
[/s]
After a while this bullshift does not sell.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Htown64: pictures don't lie. I send u some pics of primary schools in warri when I get hold of my new Phone to prove to you that the govt is best at deceiving people. The only place I can score this govt is on mother & child free med. Water is zero and transportation is same because you will have to wait for hours on end before it gets to your turn which is not good.

You are still on this lie? The last time you attempted it on the EDo/Delta thread, Evastar200, proved you to be a liar. Get off it and carry your useless lies to a different state.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
M4gunners: Were in Delta State do you live bro?Please don't misunderstand me o,I'm from Delta State but for the last five years I have not been there. However,my siblings still complaint of bad Roads,water,health care and more. As a matter of facts,am just hearing it for the first time that in Delta State there's free education.

Have you become a deltan now? You people with your 10M fake monikers.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gone through all the comments here, same old complainers, this time with their different monikers making their usual noise. Maybe Udaughan needs to have N20B budget for propaganda like their states do. Then they might call him a performer. Uduaghan has done well, actually very well. The man touched lives across the three senatorial zones, with places in Delta south seeing their first bridges, health center, new markets, water transportation jetties, renovated schools and roads in Nigerian history.

From Education, transportation, healthcare and rural empowerment, mostly for a state as rural as delta( we hope to keep it rural) This Gov has given all deltans a sense of belonging. Deltans don't put up with nonsense, for the state to be calm and quite, then something has to be going on.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Htown64(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
atlwireles:

You are still on this lie? The last time you attempted it on the EDo/Delta thread, Evastar200, proved you to be a liar. Get off it and carry your useless lies to a different state.
so others on this thread are lying too, kwo?
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
Htown64: so others on this thread are lying too, kwo?

You are a certified liar, a known liar from the Edo/delta thread. Why can't you, maggots keep your nose from delta state? angry
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Olorunyomitosin: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Gov. Uduaghan is an achiever, he has revamp all sector of our state economy.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Htown64(m): 2:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
atlwireles:

You are a certified liar, a known liar from the Edo/delta thread. Why can't you, maggots keep your nose from delta state? angry
sorry EEU attack dog. You can't bully me from saying my every day experience in my beloved state.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Ayetega: 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
UN Commendation is a proof that Gov. Uduaghan is finishing strong.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Omokos(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Give that man a Medal, God Bless EEU.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by atlwireles: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
Htown64: sorry EEU attack dog. You can't bully me from saying my every day experience in my beloved state.

You remain a bloody liar. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
ehen.this is what iwanna hear...

delta flying high...
I rep waff citysmiley
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Gptech(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
favouroghene: We Deltans are proud of Uduaghan.
Which Deltans? You are strictly on your own o! U can play politics with everything,so don't drag others in.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Gptech(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Francisedafe: Indeed Gov. Uduaghan has done well.
If indeed you really live in Delta state,then you already betrayed your offsprings.

1 Like

Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
atlwireles: AFTER over a year’s on-the-spot-assessment of implementation of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the United Nations (UN) has commended the Delta State government, for meeting international standards.

The UN commends Delta government in education, health, agriculture, provision of potable water and sanitation through the micro-credit scheme.

The commendation came in New York, United States (US), as the report of UN assessors who had been in Delta State for over 12 months evaluating the status of core thematic areas in the global body’s MDGs target was unveiled before an international audience.

According to press statement issued in New York by Chike C. Ogeah, Delta State Commissioner for Information, the free medical care programme for children under five years and seniors over 65, as well as the free maternal care up to delivery for pregnant women was highlighted as a crucial project that had reduced infant mortality in Delta.

On education, the report noted that the introduction of Edu-Marshals, a scheme whereby officials are deployed to all towns in the state to ensure children of school age are in institutions, alongside the free and compulsory education of children up to secondary education, was recommended by the UN report for adoption by other governments in meeting the goals of universal education.

The report, which was made public at the ongoing UN General Assembly in New York, was read by Ambassador Shola Omoregie, a former UN Secretary General’s envoy to Africa, who led the team of UN experts to Delta State.

Speaking on the report, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan thanked the UN, saying his decision to seek the assessment of the UN was in the best interest of not just the present generation of the people of the state, but those growing up.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/16868-un-commends-delta-on-delivery-of-mdgs
u are just an internet warrior
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by BraniacX(m): 1:05am On Sep 25, 2014
benswagtt: Proudly a Deltan!
ochare! Open ur eye jare, na only wetin he fit do 4 eight years b dat? Abegi! make uduagan park well afterall, to whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by benswagtt(m): 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
BraniacX: ochare! Open ur eye jare, na only wetin he fit do 4 eight years b dat? Abegi! make uduagan park well afterall, to whom much is given, much is expected.
ah!!! Bros migwo.... I grit u... Hmmm weytin we go do na? Since he manage do dis 1 make we happy small
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by cuteboy2: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
atlwireles: AFTER over a year’s on-the-spot-assessment of implementation of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the United Nations (UN) has commended the Delta State government, for meeting international standards.

The UN commends Delta government in education, health, agriculture, provision of potable water and sanitation through the micro-credit scheme.

The commendation came in New York, United States (US), as the report of UN assessors who had been in Delta State for over 12 months evaluating the status of core thematic areas in the global body’s MDGs target was unveiled before an international audience.

According to press statement issued in New York by Chike C. Ogeah, Delta State Commissioner for Information, the free medical care programme for children under five years and seniors over 65, as well as the free maternal care up to delivery for pregnant women was highlighted as a crucial project that had reduced infant mortality in Delta.

On education, the report noted that the introduction of Edu-Marshals, a scheme whereby officials are deployed to all towns in the state to ensure children of school age are in institutions, alongside the free and compulsory education of children up to secondary education, was recommended by the UN report for adoption by other governments in meeting the goals of universal education.

The report, which was made public at the ongoing UN General Assembly in New York, was read by Ambassador Shola Omoregie, a former UN Secretary General’s envoy to Africa, who led the team of UN experts to Delta State.

Speaking on the report, Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan thanked the UN, saying his decision to seek the assessment of the UN was in the best interest of not just the present generation of the people of the state, but those growing up.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/16868-un-commends-delta-on-delivery-of-mdgs

[size=14pt]All these deception by Gov Uduaghan and his chief propagandists Chike Ogeah who have bought all kinds of fake awards from media houses will soon come to an end in 2015. This so-called UN assessor (a thoroughly bribed Nigerian called Shola Omoregie) who have been in Delta State for 12 months could not see that even the drains in front of the Governors personal residence along Airport Road in Warri oozes putrid water from the densely populated Ekurede-Urhobo across the road. Every time it rains, the road in front of the Governor's house floods, because the gutters do not lead to anywhere.

Every day the long suffering people of Delta state rain curses on this legendary thief and inept governor, and pray for the day he will cease to afflict them. This is a governor who will ignore pot holes in the 10km NPA-DSC expressway, but spend untold billions of naira on useless stamach infrastructure project to fill the median that is about 20 meters wide with re-inforced concrete. People have started asking questions of the clueless Gov Uduaghan wants to construct aircraft runway in the centre of the road.[/size]
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
Htown64: pictures don't lie. I send u some pics of primary schools in warri when I get hold of my new Phone to prove to you that the govt is best at deceiving people. The only place I can score this govt is on mother & child free med. Water is zero and transportation is same because you will have to wait for hours on end before it gets to your turn which is not good.
lol you say wait for hours on end? There is no road to even transport yourself through.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by cuteboy2: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
kelvincoll: Since its a commendation coming from the UN not some kangaroo group, i'll say kudos to the Govt of Delta state even as more is required from a wealthy state as hers

Are you for real shocked shocked shocked

Don't be deceived by these fake awards. They are all bought and paid for. Do you know who the so-called UN Ambassador Shola Omoregie is?

If you want to to know the truth about how this diminutive but totally clueless governor has devastated Delta state whilst cleverly hoodwinking the whole world, take a trip to Delta State. Visit the key towns in Delta : Warri, Ughelli and Asaba. Talk to residents, not those Deltans living in Lagos who never go back home. Then come and tell us what you see. You will weep and ask where all the billions that accrued to Delta State during the 8 years of this man's blighted rulership went.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
cuteboy2:

Are you for real shocked shocked shocked

Don't be deceived by these fake awards. They are all bought and paid for. Do you know who the so-called UN Ambassador Shola Omoregie is?

If you want to to know the truth about how this diminutive but totally clueless governor has devastated Delta state whilst cleverly hoodwinking the whole world, take a trip to Delta State. Visit the key towns in Delta : Warri, Ughelli and Asaba. Talk to residents, not those Deltans living in Lagos who never go back home. Then come and tell us what you see. You will weep and ask where all the billions that accrued to Delta State during the 8 years of this man's blighted rulership went.
True
Its really pathetic how people are commending a man who is destroying the state.
Re: UN Commends Delta State On Delivery Of Mdgs by cuteboy2: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Francisedafe: Indeed Gov. Uduaghan has done well.

Done well for his pocket obviously.

This man was a pauper, driving an old beat up peugot as part-time doctor in oil company clinic. Now his child daughter Orode is a multi-billionaire who flew her school mates from Canada into Warri with private jets for her wedding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Akpabio: Stop Expecting Appointments, Contracts As Reward For Voting / Kogi Guber: David Jemibewon Denies Endorsing Yahaya Bello’s Re-Election Bid / Kogi West Citizens Demand Fixing Of Kabba-Egbe-Ilorin Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.