Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? (8452 Views)

Things You Should Never Do While Dating A Nigerian Girl. / Wife And Husband Duties You Should Totally Avoid While Dating / Things A Woman Shouldn't Do While Dating A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by mentorandfriend(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

There is a spirit in man, the inspiration of the almighty (The Creator) gives him understanding, of what is right, of what is wrong.

I hate to sound "holier than thou" but then, I'll say it as it is.

SEX before marriage is wrong, very wrong and I don't wanna date a guy who doesn't share this belief, no, not again.

It is one thing to do a wrong thing and admit you've done wrong

It is another thing, on an entirely different plane this time, to do a wrong thing and claim that it's okay (kini big deal).

imo, in that regard, it shows a person's conscience has been seared in hot iron.

If sex is what I need to keep my man in a relationship or part of what I need, then it is better I tell myself the truth, relationships aren't meant for me.
What am I saying sef.....the relationship is doomed already once sex is involved (please this is a personal opinion).

Look, I'm not condemning sex before marriage because my bible says so (I haven't opened the bible in close to a year).
You might say that I'm still being influenced by my former religion (to some extent, maybe)

But Y'see, there is this knowing, this knowing, its just there, I can't explain how it got there, but I believe that it's innate in all of us, whose consciences are still alive - Discerning right from wrong.

Like I've always posited:
Sex Is Worth Waiting For. There's a right time for everything under the sun.
Emotions are powerful, yes. But they are not more powerful than those who wield them.
All we need is a change of heart and the right mindset.
This is my conviction and I'm not saying it's absolute.

Though, I'm not perfect, Though I stand alone, I'll keep standing, standing for what I know to be right.
It is NEVER TOO LATE to do the right thing, virgin or not.
Thank You.

Signed: Mizmycoli(f)
You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by folzz(f): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2014
Crocz:
Se.x is for the unholy souls cheesy...it's filthy and lowly, and does not befit a gentle man

*CallingPeopleUntoTheLord*

Come ye oh lost Souls and change your ways for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand!!!

*bows in angelic manner*
I disagree with your first two statements..sex is NOT unholy neither is it filthy. Do you mean that married couples who have sex have 'unholy souls'? ..it was created by GOD therefore,it is holy(and under only one circumstance-holy matrimony) outside that it is a SIN.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by djcombo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sex,sex, sex...

Sighs... The forbidden apple that we all eat and claim not to have eaten. grin

@OP , @ house ... Seriously thinking and this question is open to all, how long can a "serious " adult relationship last without sex??

Mind buggles.....
Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi post=26603932][font=Georgia]
There is a spirit in man, the inspiration of the almighty (The Creator) gives him understanding, of what is right, of what is wrong.

SEX before marriage is wrong, very wrong and I don't wanna date a guy who doesn't share this belief, no, not again.

It is another thing, on an entirely different plane this time, to do a wrong thing and claim that it's okay (kini big deal).

imo, in that regard, it shows a person's conscience has been seared in hot iron.

If sex is what I need to keep my man in a relationship or part of what I need, then it is better I tell myself the truth, relationships aren't meant for me.
What am I saying sef.....the relationship is doomed already once sex is involved (please this is a personal opinion).

Look, I'm not condemning sex before marriage because my bible says so (I haven't opened the bible in close to a year).
You might say that I'm still being influenced by my former religion (to some extent, maybe)

But Y'see, there is this knowing, this knowing, its just there, I can't explain how it got there, but I believe that it's innate in all of us, whose consciences are still alive - Discerning right from wrong.

Emotions are powerful, yes. But they are not more powerful than those who wield them.

Though, I'm not perfect, Though I stand alone, I'll keep standing, standing for what I know to be right.
Thank You.

You just earned my respect!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by MizMyColi(f): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2014
Ferdybaba:

Thank You Sir.
Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by Brisingr(m): 11:20am On Oct 26, 2014
uzolexis:

traditional or modern manner....the whole ish is overrated
Well your opinion and am sure you are in the minority concerning this issue.
Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by cc150615(f): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

Thank You.

I'm in love with this write up!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by ask4slimjay: 5:18am On Nov 13, 2014
*walks in, reading previous threads...gets interested*
Re: Why Do We Have Sex While Dating? by ask4slimjay: 5:34am On Nov 13, 2014
MizMyColi:

Thank You.

@mizmycoli,, ur sagacity is never in doubt...ur write up is a matured one, n i like it buh wat i feel is this; in every (sincere)relationship, there is dis intimacy dat comes wit it and dis intimacy is like a rope that can lose its tensile strength with tym...but wit d likes of 'romance' wch in 80% cases cums wit sex, helps that rope maintain its tensile strength.

by ur right up, u r right buh dat relationship is gonna b a wrecked one in short tym trust me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Great Reasons To Have Sex When It's Raining / 'I Had Sex With My Husband's Friend And Father-inlaw '- Woman Narrates / My Boyfriend Gives His Bestfriend The Go-ahead To Sleep With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.