Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship (1380 Views)

4 Ways To Keep Social Media From Ruining Your Relationship / See Why This Guy Ended His Relationship ( PHOTO ) / How Bad Breath Is Ruining My Relationships, Social Life And Self Esteem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by mondob2k(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
My girl is frm Imo State (Mbaise). We were discussing one day and she said that she has seen thier trad marriage list. In her words- "N500,000:00K will cover d items on d list". Entertainment n white wedding never dey there o. And that has really got me thinking.

And a casual female friend of mine from Abia once said her trad list is up N800K... Now I dont know to do...

Is it right to consider these cost before 'falling in love'?

Me is from Edo n ours isnt like this.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Before you start thinking of marriage make sure you're financially ready for it .

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by djeezy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Chai, money for 4 plots of land.........

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by mondob2k(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
djeezy: Chai, money for 4 plots of land.........
Imagine o
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2014
All these cautious tribalistic girls una never jamb! Nonsense thread.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kai! but I'm from Abia and I know that ours is not like that o
infact with 50,000, u don marry finish
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
Elantracey: Before you start thinking of marriage make sure you're financially ready for it .
both partners or just d guy?
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kai! but I'm from Abia and I know that ours is not like that o

Does d cost differ for each $tate?
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by mondob2k(m): 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kai! but I'm from Abia and I know that ours is not like that o
infact with 50,000, u don marry finish
which part r u from? guess she is from Umuahia axis.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
Silkmoth33: both partners or just d guy?

both partners of course .
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
mondob2k:

Nooooo!

It go be aba zone 2
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Tallesty1(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Elantracey: Before you start thinking of marriage make sure you're financially ready for it .
A guy or girl who is not financially stable should not think of marriage.

@OP. Gimme 400k and I will get you two wives plus one house-help.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tallesty1: A guy or girl who is not financially stable should not think of marriage.

grin grin
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Paying 500K or 800k for item on a list to me is a big fraud, that is not being financially ready.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
Handsomeemmy: Paying 500K or 800k for item on a list to me is a big fraud, that is not being financially ready.

There are weddings that costs more though that is quite on the high side .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Does d cost differ for each $tate?

Yes it does. infact it differs from LGAs. in the same Imo where Mbaises are cutting people's neck you'll still find some of the cheapest trad rites e.g. Ihube close to Okigwe is pretty cheap compared to Mbaise and Owerri.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
mondob2k:
Umuahia still isn't as high as 800k, the most expensive thing in the Umuahia list is the Goat (and maybe the big big snails you have to get in baskets). 150k should settle them joor.

Me, I'm from the Uturu/Isuikwato axis
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl:

Yes it does. infact it differs from LGAs. in the same Imo where Mbaises are cutting people's neck you'll still find some of the cheapest trad rites e.g. Ihube close to Okigwe is pretty cheap compared to Mbaise and Owerri.

smiley u say it like ppl come with price tags.
I wonder how much u would cost. Or how much ur future hubby go beat ur price down to. grin
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Elantracey:

There are weddings that costs more though that is quite on the high side .

You are right,there are weddings that cost more,but there are wedding that cost less or equal.

Love is patient,love does not keep record of wrong, love is pleasant but Love is not Fraud, Love is not sold to the highest bidder,love does not lead two 'ought to be happy couple) into poverty.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by leo1234(m): 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
Sometimes I wonder how the poor marry in such areas.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by mondob2k(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl:
Umuahia still isn't as high as 800k, the most expensive thing in the Umuahia list is the Goat (and maybe the big big snails you have to get in baskets). 150k should settle them joor.

Me, I'm from the Uturu/Isuikwato axis
good
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Handsomeemmy:

You are right,there are weddings that cost more,but there are wedding that cost less or equal.

Love is patient,love does not keep record of wrong, love is pleasant but Love is not Fraud, Love is not sold to the highest bidder,love does not lead two 'ought to be happy couple) into poverty.

you're right , there's no price tag for love but this is marriage and in this country we're in , the wedding doesn't only involve the parties involved but also the family.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
Silkmoth33:

smiley u say it like ppl come with price tags.
I wonder how much u would cost. Or how much ur future hubby go beat ur price down to. grin
They do O! when u see those jobless old men haggling over your head, you just feel like one big sallah ram that is just wearing lipstick.
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
bestestgirl:
They do O! when u see those jobless old men haggling over your head, you just feel like one big sallah ram that is just wearing lipstick.

grin grin grin
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by mondob2k(m): 10:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
Tallesty1: A guy or girl who is not financially stable should not think of marriage.

lmao!!! oya send ur acct no.. funny you
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
Elantracey:

you're right , there's no price tag for love but this is marriage and in this country we're in , the wedding doesn't only involve the parties involved but also the family.
That's why intending couple ought to sitdown and talk to their various parents in polite way.

Mum and Dad,don't push me to go beyond my limit because a Wedding was the talk of town does not mean I must follow his step, because they spent 500k for items on list for Nkechi does not mean my hubby to be ought to do same for me.

Remind both parents that you have a marriage to sustain,weddings ends on the day, but marriage is a continuous process.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
cheesy you are complaining about $3000 bride price?
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
Handsomeemmy:
That's why intending couple ought to sitdown and talk to their various parents in polite way.

Mum and Dad,don't push me to go beyond my limit because a Wedding was the talk of town does not mean I must follow his step, because they spent 500k for items on list for Nkechi does not mean my hubby to be ought to do same for me.

Remind both parents that you have a marriage to sustain,weddings ends on the day, but marriage is a continuous process.

hmmmmmm #word

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by jmoore(m): 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Nna mehn, negotiation no dey for this list?
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by drnoel: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Are u serious? Do u mean in nigeria or at all. I know people that married without 200 000 naira and received 1 mill as wedding gifts. I mean 4 nigeria, u a thing De get k-leg
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by drnoel: 11:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Are u serious? Do u mean in nigeria or at all. I know people that married without 200 000 naira and received 1 mill as wedding gifts. I mean 4 nigeria, una thing dey get k-leg
Re: Cost Of Traditional Rites Ruining His Relationship by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 27, 2014
We need to stop this dowry of a thing....We should say 'NO' to people selling their girl-child indirectly....

Parents do not care about the after- effect of this act....Husbands start disrespecting their wives simply because they already have the notion that they have been bought....

In my own home-town, (according to what my mum told me) the elders collect dowry or the money...But later return it to the man.....They let him that they are not selling their child...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wife And Husband Actions To Avoid While Dating. / Romance While Waiting For The Storm:two Friends Leaving Home Discover Each Other / The Men Women Respects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.