Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

What Causes Delay In Marriages? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Delay In Marriages? (11423 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by krystal101(f): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2014
Madam mind you "not all". If the people around you have bad marriages, doesn't mean ALL

Sophyrocks:

Few marriages ke? With the high rate of divorce in law courts? with the too many sob stories of 'Had i known' around, even on nairaland and other blogs, you are telling me few? Wake up!! You are sleeping. Its women that are lamenting the most.

Point of correction, girls who can't get men to marry them that are desperate are running from one church to another and from one prophet to another. What planet are you from sef? Is it that you dnt know whats happening around you or what? or have you been in Coma?

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2014
krystal101: Madam mind you "not all". If the people around you have bad marriages, doesn't mean ALL

Where did i say ALL?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 10:33am On Sep 29, 2014
You seem to be blowing hot and cold, what exactly should we discuss?
First you say this:
wealthinfos:

That there are still marriages working does not mean we should not discuse about the increasing divorce cases both those in courts and outside the courts, ok?

And then you literally go back to say this:

Also to guide us here, I put up this post to really exray the factors contributing to marriage delays, and not marriage divorces and continuity of marriages.

What exactly do you want to be discussed here?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 10:44am On Sep 29, 2014
wealthinfos:

Hmm dis is serious revealation sexybabe. But why would someone pray for his or her spouse to die rather than divorce?

@Crackhouse, did u hear this testimony?
Look below to see what I think of her 'testimony'.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 10:56am On Sep 29, 2014
sexybaby22: most marriages are hell for both couples. most are not even happy but do want want to take the divorce route due to what the society will say.
so for those of you that think divorce rate is low because you dont seem to know people close to you who want to get a divorce, what you dont know is that a lot of women might even be praying for their spouse to die rather than getting a divorce.
I assume you're referring to me on 'those' that think divorce rates are low, yes?

Well read again, I never stated that...I actually said divorces are more common these days (modernity) in response to one of wealthinfo's comment.
What I have said and am still saying is that the number of marriages ending in divorce still does not prove there are 'lots' of bad marriages.

Did I also read you say 'most' marriages are hell for both couples? Miss, how did you come to this conclusion?

No one claims to not have problems in their marriages, anyone who says he/she has a problem-free marriage should be taken seriously only if they also have wings attached to their backs and can fly...that's how untrue that statement is.
However, people go through stuff and come out of it...problems arise and are dealt with, that some or most marriages experience hell does not mean that many others haven't/will not survive hell.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2014
And I ask, does factors like religeon, class diffrence contribute to delays in marriages?

Is there a possibility of a moslem dad giving out his daughter to a christian family? And the likes
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by annalong: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2014
crackhaus:
You people should stop giving all these beer parlor claims and statistics, give me numbers.
If not all go to court, then that's a smart answer because no matter how you spin it, the number of divorce proceedings that get to court does not account for up to 5% of all marriages.

So now I ask...among those that don't get to court, and limiting the test data to married people in your neighbourhood, family, or among married friends, how many marriages exactly can you say have ended?

You say you know of a few, please give us a number and when you do, compare the percentage of those to the number of people still in their marriages. Like I said before, limit your test data to your extended family, neighbourhood, and friends.

You don't just come here to say lots of marriages end in divorce or disaster...according to what statistics?

You are making a lot of sense. Most Nigerians just throw the words "MANY" and "ALL" around. Like "ALL MEN ARE CHEATS" or "ALL WOMEN ARE MATERIALISTIC", my question is of the 170 million Nigerians how many men or women have you personally met or heard their individual stories to come to this conclusion. At the highest 1 Million. So why the exaggeration.

Damn, it's like I'm trying to make a point to walls on here.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
More factors pls.

I believe someone somewhere is been transformed
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by domwas2(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2016
I google n I popped onto this page after a lady asked me to go n get married
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
First We Discuss,

What are the Real Requirement for Marriage.

Nature Compatibility
Family Compatibility
Cultural Similarities
Social Similarities
Economical and Financial Compatibility
Educational Compatibility
Other Factors depend on Stakeholders
Now in Practical World We see

Educational Matching
Financial and Salary matching
Family talks and see family compatibility
Government Job, Private Job in Big Company and Big Salary 10lakh per annum is minimum
Colour Compatibility
Whatsapp and Mobile Compatibility
Other Factors where Girl and Boy need to meet and see each other in front of 10 to 100 family members.
You can decide yourself what type of situation you fulfill. What criteria’s are, you see yourself. You are fulfilling these criteria’s or not.

As per my Own assumption, you may be failing in fulfilling some criteria
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2019
crackhaus:
You seem to be blowing hot and cold, what exactly should we discuss?
First you say this:

And then you literally go back to say this:

What exactly do you want to be discussed here?

Why do you seem to be the only confused folk here nau? I mean marriage delay factors

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives / High Blood Pressure? / Would You Sleep With Your Pretty Mother-in-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.