Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,880 members, 7,838,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20419 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by georgeslim(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
I was operating the machine it just went off and came back on, the next I saw was user time out card withheld please visit ur nearest branch. De pain full part it was a Saturday
And it was the first time I tried using a diamond bank
ATM
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by IYANGBALI: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
skoloppy31: Mine is not a disappointment but happy feeling. ..its was a Friday afternoon, after class, I take a bike down to the atm, I wanna withdraw 5k and 5k I wanna loan a freind. lo and behold I clicked other, then input 10k.the machine takes about 4 minutes to release me cash, but to my supreme instead of the money to be neatly arranged, it's came out like someone blew it with air from behind. I know it within myself this cash is more than 10k but I act cool and take my cash...i counted the money and recounted . he Heheheheheh it was 21k. i check my balance and 10k was the amount debited. The alerts send to me was 10k too. I waited for the bank to call me and tell me about his but no...i use the money buy LeBron James 11.up till this . moment nobody called or message me for the money....but my freind don't believe it.i won't mention the bank name
so its you?at last we have caught you,come to the bank first thing tomorrow money else we would come to your school to arrest you and charge you to court for stealing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by joe4christ(m): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ilekere: Yes, I was expecting $1m in my account, but met $100.

Mtchewwww
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by DaBullIT(m): 12:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet: Amen o!!!
And I suffer o for dis browsing inside church sha,imagine dem share smtn e no reach me naim I say lailai I must not loose o,pass me not o entle savior,do not pass me by! So I had to wait for anoda service to get it
But I prayed for all of u guys sha(both male and female I mean o)

Ooshe! Àdúrà ti gbà
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by happykidArotiba(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet:
Abi o,lool! I even bumped into him again at some other branch inside dat same island were he was transferred to,I jus use style dodge am before he beginn toasting tins,lmao!
stop dodging him joh...He myt be your man o. winkLol
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by summerflame(m): 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
I love my community bank ATM card, STB ATM card and Oceanic Bank.. Shout out to Savannah Bank
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by nickz(m): 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
jennylove7575: Yeah it happened to me February this year. I was trying to get some cash from an ATM machine at opebi I didn't get no money.. I tried all the ATM machines around same thing.. I grew furious, I headed to the nearby Access bank. (My bank) to complian to customer service. After pressing her computer and checking things, the lady said, I need to provide my ID in form of a passport for verification to confirm that am the account owner plus that I must pay N10,000 for the verification process. Because she noticed that I paid in substantial sum of money into my account from UK...immediately, I lost my British accent, I was vexed. I asked to speak to the manager at once..she kept talking over me trying to justify the reason why I must pay for the service..or efcc will be involved..when she mentioned efcc, my brain scatter.. I asked her for how much? Just N700,000? I told her the money is for my three weeks stay and upkeep in Nigeria..then I reminded her that the money was transferred legally from my UK bank to that account which she confirmed.. When the manager showed up he looked into the matter and blamed the customer service for feeding me wrong information.. At last they sorted out my card and everything.. Funny enough, all through my three weeks stay in Nigeria my ATM card never worked. I had to continually go to the bank to make withdrawals....stories of my life.
*what!!!shocked* I'll be dammedcheesygrin

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by udysweet(f): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
happykidArotiba: stop dodging him joh...He myt be your man o. winkLol
I dodge it! Him wedding band sef no be hia,d tin wide enof to mak 3 sef,lol! So mak I go use pesn husband do my own
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lacreamieboie(m): 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
okirewaju: Nahhhhh

Never

U get account sef

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by happykidArotiba(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet:
I dodge it! Him wedding band sef no be hia,d tin wide enof to mak 3 sef,lol! So mak I go use pesn husband do my own
Lol. hmmmm, ntin is impossible tho. smiley
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by skoloppy31(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
IYANGBALI: so its you?at last we have caught you,come to the bank first thing tomorrow money else we would come to your school to arrest you and charge you to court for stealing
come now.....i go dey expect Una troops
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by pximmortal(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
I will never forget this experience of mine. I'm a youth corp member in rivers state. Governor amechi is not paying us any state allowee so we all depend on our federal allowee(#19,800). On that very month, my federal allowee entered on friday and i zoomed off to the nearest ATM. I had only #200 on me and my PPA is inside a remote village and there is no bank there. So we usually travel like 1hr 30mins to town,withdraw the ''whole'' allowee and then use it for feeding thruout d month. I tried to withdraw the whole allowee dat day but they debited me without paying. I drank garri thruout dat weekend because the other three corp members around there wit me have not recieved their allowee else i would have borrowed from them.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by udysweet(f): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Common I rebuke u jo! Anyway dats som 6years ago,I doubt sef weda I go sabi d man again if I see am,looool!
happykidArotiba: Lol. hmmmm, ntin is impossible tho. smiley
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Oluwalala(m): 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Open an enterprise bank account, and never suffer such fate! The enterprise Master card is the best in Nigeria
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
After lectures on a fridayy 3:30 pm I took a bike with the last N50 I had in my purse.when I stopped at the atm, the line was very long and I waited for close to 30mins. When it was my turn I opened my purse and brought out a card without looking at it I wanted to insert it and just then, I found out that it was departmental ID card. Was Lucky my course mate was there and I borroed N200 from her and paid a bike back to my hostel. I went back to the AtM with my Atm card and tried to withraw but was debited N3000 on each trial without getting any money.
It wasn't funny at all.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by toygod2: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
plenty
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by happykidArotiba(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet: Common I rebuke u jo! Anyway dats som 6years ago,I doubt sef weda I go sabi d man again if I see am,looool!
Lol. he will recognize u...anyways u r cute cheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by jennylove7575(f): 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
nickz: *what!!!shocked* I'll be dammedcheesygrin
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dha ha h....this ur cartoon reminded me of the customer service..ha ha ha ha...I don die.. grin grin grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: was really broke then,had just 50naira on me for t.fare, only for me to get to the ATM and no money,Choi,i won die,d place was totally scanty,nobody to ask 4 money,and i needed 100 naira that will take me to the next ATM at agbara... i jejely trek go house back,now if i want to withdraw i go to lasu,over 7 banks are located, so one of them must pay
guy u dy stay 4 my side me dy ojo wat of u
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
mrvocalprowess: was really broke then,had just 50naira on me for t.fare, only for me to get to the ATM and no money,Choi,i won die,d place was totally scanty,nobody to ask 4 money,and i needed 100 naira that will take me to the next ATM at agbara... i jejely trek go house back,now if i want to withdraw i go to lasu,over 7 banks are located, so one of them must pay
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
SirAweezy:

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. Don't worry your day will come lol.

"This is a scientific prophesy"
shocked shocked

I jump this one pass!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
romzyxy: mine is worst. The story goes like this. I was very sick xo i went to c my doctor who prescribed some drugs for me to buy. I was having 1500 and i can only withdraw 1000 frm my uba acc. when i reach d atm machine i types in 1000 bt to my dismay it told me insufficient fund. I cudnt bliev it xo i tried it again. But d same shit hapun xo i decided to check my balance. Wot i saw weaken my legs and my fever heightened. It wos my last strenght dat i used to treck bck home. Till i leave dis earth i won't rely on my 1500 again because i v learnt my lesson

That ₦1000, they need to stop pretending we own that money.They should just be honest and call it a fee and remove that thing from our balance, because we can never get that money.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
AMAKAVIOLA:

Then u dont live in Nija...
Funny enough i do cheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by okirewaju(f): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
lacreamieboie:

U get account sef
If I catch you angry
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by donwise1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
my card was trapped and it took UBA 14hrs to clarify me and return my card to me.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by leofab(f): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mine was the worst. I reside at Enugu but came to Lagos to preparing my traveling documents Nd I do not have any relative at Lagos so I had to lodge in a hotel around Alimosho axis, after everything at the immigration office and high commission office I it took me 3 days and I scheduled to leave by Saturday with the last 6k on my account. On getting to first bank at Idimu the Automatic Teller Machine gently swallowed my card and smiled, luckily but unluckily for me the bank was opened that Saturdays for wire transfer transactions and I stepped in there to report but they said I should come back by Monday, I tried to explain but all to no avail. No money to renew my accommodation notc even a decent feeding. I feel like dying and has to end up with the spending the night in one of the bank officials house and the next say being sunday he have me 10k for screw.ing me and I travelled back home without coming for the card again.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hadone: My worse experience ever was in May, 2008. I went to a famous bank in Yola to cash some money from my savings account but met the banking hall crowded. I then moved straight to the ATM
machine situated within the bank and withdrew N10,000:00. Behold!! I was shocked to discover that the money contains a mixture of genuine and FAKE currency. I immediately complain to the bank & after tracing my transaction history, the bank substituted the fake note with the original one.

serious? nawa o

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
skyprofm: Sorry to those of you with terrible experiences. For me Atm has been a blessing once. Was very broke and hungry on sunny afternoon and I walked all d way to a machine to retrieve d last 1k in my acct. A guy was der before me n he claimed d machine was nt dispensing and left in annoyance. I was about to slot my card to try my luck wen suddenly N10k came out. I searched for d guy bt he was gone. So I did d normal. Help him kept it in my pocket and left for home. Will pay him back on judgement day if we meet again

hahahahahahaha
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by nickz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
jennylove7575: ha ha ha ha ha ha ha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dha ha h....this ur cartoon reminded me of the customer service..ha ha ha ha...I don die.. grin grin grin
gringrin no wonder you lost your british accent cheesy

Lmfao
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by dallyemmy: 3:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
I travelled to port harcourt from warri. I gave my last money to somebody. Thinking I would make a withdrawal before getting home. Behold the ATM paid others but when it was about my turn, it showed Service Unavailable! angry
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
happykidArotiba: Lol. very well. in fact all the securities to the bank knows me.

lol
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by begwong: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
leofab: Mine was the worst. I reside at Enugu but came to Lagos to preparing my traveling documents Nd I do not have any relative at Lagos so I had to lodge in a hotel around Alimosho axis, after everything at the immigration office and high commission office I it took me 3 days and I scheduled to leave by Saturday with the last 6k on my account. On getting to first bank at Idimu the Automatic Teller Machine gently swallowed my card and smiled, luckily but unluckily for me the bank was opened that Saturdays for wire transfer transactions and I stepped in there to report but they said I should come back by Monday, I tried to explain but all to no avail. No money to renew my accommodation notc even a decent feeding. I feel like dying and has to end up with the spending the night in one of the bank officials house and the next say being sunday he have me 10k for screw.ing me and I travelled back home without coming for the card again.
10k?
was it a TDB arrangement grin
leofab: Mine was the worst. I reside at Enugu but came to Lagos to preparing my traveling documents Nd I do not have any relative at Lagos so I had to lodge in a hotel around Alimosho axis, after everything at the immigration office and high commission office I it took me 3 days and I scheduled to leave by Saturday with the last 6k on my account. On getting to first bank at Idimu the Automatic Teller Machine gently swallowed my card and smiled, luckily but unluckily for me the bank was opened that Saturdays for wire transfer transactions and I stepped in there to report but they said I should come back by Monday, I tried to explain but all to no avail. No money to renew my accommodation notc even a decent feeding. I feel like dying and has to end up with the spending the night in one of the bank officials house and the next say being sunday he have me 10k for screw.ing me and I travelled back home without coming for the card again.
10k?
was it a TDB arrangement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corrupt Firms Barred From Business In Nigeria / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.