Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,873 members, 7,841,278 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20425 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 28, 2014
dolarland: I was about travelling. went to atm slot in my card next thing it got seized
cos u re a learner
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by yhemrite(m): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2014
First bank plc,I went to withdraw to finance my project, my account was debited without cashing out money,immediately i laid complain at nearest first bank branch,I was told my money will be refunded immediately after 24hours but nothing was refunded,i went back and I was giving a form to fill,i was told my money will be refunded before 2weeks.....still nothing to show for it nw....I'm planning to lodge complaint tomorrow....
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by joinnow: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2014
One navy official was causing commotion in a bank one day but the bank settle him.he was posted to base and went to the bank to withdraw money for his transportation. Unfortunately the atm debit him 20k without paying and that was the last money on his account. So why won't him cause commotion. Lesson 1 always have back up.ie at at lest 5K at home& In your wallet hidden somewhere like 1k. Lesson 2 have reorder level. Don't wait till your last lobo before withdrawing.why Nigeria like fire brigade things grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by miqos02(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2014
bbello28: grin I wan withdraw... Dem debit me... Money no gree Come out sad cry
this one na double dissapointment
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by LadiesPet(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2014
penny01502: tell me something, what are they using?

Debit card
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Moshoe(m): 8:01am On Sep 28, 2014
It was a terrible day, when I discovered that FCMB ATM paid me fake #1000 note.....to bad
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by festico: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2014
naija atm can disappoint ee my goes this way, went for all night program in another city on geting dere i learned d program was cancealed earlier got stranded bcus it was late and could not get a bus or taxi back home so d only atm terminal was d available option to get cash and lodge in a hotel. went dere inserted my card wit d infor in les dan 5scs got a debit alert witout cash hmm omo no be moi moi god really saved me dat day.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by nickz(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2014
The day one atm seized my card
Chai!! I unleashed the beast in me
At the security man and in the banking hall

And my mum was stranded somewhere cause her purse was stolen at an event

Woh!! They released it immediately

One wey to get things done in naija "raise your voice in good english and make threatsgringrin"

You'll see some account officers are pu55iessad
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Toks2008(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2014
My case was so embarrassing and infact i see it as my most embarrassing situation ever.

I just realized i had no dime on me on this particular day and i was like "i cant lend money from my neighbor as he may read crazy meaning to that" so i trekked to the ATM center which was like 20minuytes walk just to get to the ATM machine to see contact operator service.

I was like wetin be this and i had to trek to another ATM machine just to see same prompt. I was told i had to go to my bank which means i will need N100 for transport and i was like OMG!

I stood there for over 20minutes hoping things will change but nope and i am left with no option BUT TO BEG FOR N100 from someone there.

I was like never so i called my brother hoping he may be driving towards that area but he was far from where i am and i had to summon courage to call a man discreetly to beg for N100.

I felt like entering the ground that day. GOSH!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Damiruth: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2014
I was too broke dat I no get bike money to the bank but hoping to withdraw and pay for bike.. But all the the ATMs around where I carry bike go no dispence, after going to 4 banks I just started crying... Tnk God d bike man was very nice and told me to leave the money.. I trek bak om ni dat sunday...
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Gloria16: 8:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Mine is more tragic. I made a withdrawal usin FCMB wit a Diamond bank card. My account ws debited bt d machine did nt dispense. I reported 2 diamond bank bt d said d wil hv 2 write 2 d bank den wen d bank replies b4 d can refund d money. After like a month, d told me dat d machine paid me & na me withdraw ooooo.
So up to date my 12k jst go lik dat ooo. I no trust ATM again

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Toks2008(m): 8:17am On Sep 28, 2014
My case was so embarrassing and infact i see it as my most embarrassing situation ever.

I just realized i had no dime on me on this particular day and i was like "i cant lend money from my neighbor as he may read crazy meaning to that" so i trekked to the ATM center which was like 20minuytes walk just to get to the ATM machine to see contact operator service.

I was like wetin be this and i had to trek to another ATM machine just to see same prompt. I was told i had to go to my bank which means i will need N100 for transport and i was like OMG!

I stood there for over 20minutes hoping things will change but nope and i am left with no option BUT TO BEG FOR N100 from someone there.

I was like never so i called my brother hoping he may be driving towards that area but he was far from where i am and i had to summon courage to call a man discreetly to beg for N100.

I felt like entering the ground that day. GOSH!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Odunharry(m): 8:22am On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus: A couple, but the one I won't forget in a hurry happened in 2009 or so.

I was traveling to Minna, Niger state, to take flight to Abuja and then bus to Minna from Abuja. I don't like holding cash, so I didn't withdraw more than what I needed to buy my ticket at MMIA. After paying for my ticket, I had like N3000 or so left in my pocket. I took airport taxi to the motor park for N3000 (the taxi man said N3500) but I was able to have him collect 3k which was all I had left on me.

I got to Utako park and I was told the fare for Abuja-Minna bus was 1k. I went to the nearest ATM, Zenith Bank, to withdraw the money needed to continue the journey only to be told by ATM: you financial institution is not available. I tried another bank within the area, a UBA, same story. It wasn't funny. I kept trying like 10 times, shuttling between the two ATM machines. 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours same story.

Annoyed, I called my friends that worked in GTB Head Office, cursing GTB, barking on top of my voice over the phone as if my friend was the owner of GTB, telling him to speak to their IT people that they had put me in mess in far away Abuja. I knew a couple of people in Abuja, but I didn't even have money to visit them and I had exhausted my phone credit shouting to my friends that worked in GTB. More so, since I was just passing through Abuja, I was hesitant to reach out to any friend or family in Abuja, especially as I was having hope that the ATM would work in 10, 15 minutes.

My friend in GTB apologised on behalf of the bank, told me his IT people told him it was a general issue and they're working on it even on that Saturday afternoon.

I waited. Still no show.

I had to borrow 1k from the bank's security guy who saw me sweating on that hot afternoon, to continue the journey.

I asked for the guy's number, thanked him and headed back to the park. He didn't give me his number (or maybe he said he didn't have..cant remember) but he told me anytime I came back, I should just ask of Chris.

I reached Minna 2 hours later...and the first ATM I used worked. I vex withdraw almost all the withdrawable limit for a day. 100k or so then.

On my way back the next day, I was late and rushed straight to the airport as I was almost missing my flight. And the bank was far from the airport side.

I returned the guy's money when next I traveled to Abuja, like 2 months later. Didn't meet him as he was not on duty that day, met his colleague who said he was aware of my incident. I dropped the money and my number for onward delivery to Chris the next day when he came to work.

He called me to say he got the money. I was full of thanks to such person, who didn't know me, and offered to give me 1k. For a person - security guy - whose salary may be just 20k (2009). That's 5% of his salary. Good people still exist in Nigeria.
yap..good people still exist
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Eberex(m): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2014
I withdrew N5,000.00 I got N4,000.00 instead. Henceforth I count my money
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Klare(f): 8:24am On Sep 28, 2014
2 day is a nairalander bd celebrate wit me hurray!!Everyfin in life has a #source and dose who are wise always go back to dere #source,and God is d ultimate of all #resources, psalm 96:6. I glorify lord ounce again in my life cause he is my #source

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2014
In secondary school grin
After using my last 50 card to enter bus to the bank grin grin
Had to trek the whole distance back. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 28, 2014
it has never happened to me...

the day it happened it was really an awkward moment for me....
i would have been embarrassed that day...
Thank God for my friend, he got my back...
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lawrenceunaa: 8:30am On Sep 28, 2014
Atm is a machine so don't rely on it.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by DaBullIT(m): 8:30am On Sep 28, 2014
Intercontinental bank before it was merged owe me 20k from 2010

Went to a party met my old mates and brothers and we had to provide our own special drinks. I spent all I had to ensure everyone got drunk reminiscing about old times, work , family

Relying heavily on my FBN savings via ATM , when I got there noooooo network. It was the time they were upgrading thier server it tooj them 5 days .I had to borrow TP from a friend who I didn't tell I was in his hometown initially . disappointed and ashamed but I learnt to always reserve TP even if long gone mum wants red wine
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by djeezy(m): 8:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Never been disappointed. My luck.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 28, 2014
It seems firstbank and fcmb ATMs are more prone to this problems,I use ecobank n I have neva gotten my card seized
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by DaBullIT(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet: Mine has happened severally but der was always a reversal.However one happened in 2008 I can't forget.I came to Lagos from school to buy stuff to go back to sell.It was a Saturday,I had gotten to idumota to buy jewelry,I had just 200naira on me.I now bought this spray gun for insecticide for the 200naira with the mind that I'll have money when I witdraw to buy stuff.But something happened,I just saw myself calling back the person who sold the spray gun and collected my money that I don't want to buy again. The guy abused me sef but I just quiet. As I got to the ATM and punched in 20k,the thing counted and then ddnt come out,dey debitted me! I could not see who to complain to cos it was a saturday. Minde you I used an Intercontinental bank then but I used Spring bank ATM along dat idumagbo road. I now casted bak my mind to when I returned that spray gun cos infact that was the money I used to transport myself back home,lmao!!! Else I would have been stranded! If una see the kain vex I take go meet the branch manager that day o for inside dat same lagos island,cos I was supposed to travel on sunday. They still could not reverse it,na the bank mgr borrow me the 20k(I swear!) come say make I sign form say mak dem debit me when d money is reversed. Yeye man,na eye e dey eye me naim mak am giv me d money o,yeye fat goat! Me I just took the money and left jo. Was after 2days it reversed,shaparly anoda debit alert don enter,the man no even waste time colet him money back sha,I tink say e go dash me,looool!

Dash kooor Gift in. You too like free things he he he grin grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
from comments here,i think many haven't been really disappointed...

I've got too many oppression from the ATM..

i was returning from school last year December..i just crossed the border into Nigeria, so i tried using my Ecobank card only for nearly 6 or 5 machines to reject it..i was later told by a security guard that ecobank had some network issues. i waited for nearly 3hrs no change...

hence i decided to struggle my way home no matter what cus i wasn't ready to waste my last cash on hotel.i changed my little cfas left with me,it only amounted to about #2,000..i took a bus to mile2 with intention of getting a bus to warri only for all the bus companies to tell me that price has change oo as it was Christmas season..cost was #2,800
mhen!i felt like crying..i even met the manager there trying to explain my predicament to him hoping he'll see reasons and help... lailai the guy just shook his head and told me i can try sleep at the park till the next day maybe atm will work..sadsad

i was determined to get home with my little change with me.. i saw one cargo bus like that with market loads the guy was going to benin..he carried me for 2k.i passed the night at benin(iyaro park) after trying the Atms there all to no availsad.next morning same thing...i was more than stranded...empty pocket,my phone's battery was flat..everything was bad for me that day.i even begged fellow travellers around for #10 to buy water,shockingly none help...i cried inside of me(as i help people reach,no one helped ne when i needed it)sad
.. later,i managed to see a driver going close to where i live at warri.i explained to him,he saw reasons and offered to help.he took me home direct for #2,000sadsadsad a beggar has no choice..
now,I've learnt my lesson.. i use two banks..there's no way both will disappoint at once.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by akanbiaa(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
Been cheated 15k, used first bank Card on a GTB machine at Ilorin over a year ago, I wanted 45k, withdrew first 15k it was given the second and third was denied it said temporarily unable to dispense cash after I laid complaint it took them close to a month to give me back the second 15k and after about 11 months after writing to both local and head offices they told me that their records shows that I have collected the third 15k and they apologies for any inconveniences. Pure fraud. My advice is always use you bank card on your banks ATM machine if there is any problem it's easier resolved than using other banks.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by sunsky29(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2014
FLYGERIAN91: o boy..... Somebody in that bank i am certain of got TOTALLY fired the next day grin grin grin ..... Damn.... When will i ever get this lucky eh
dnt wry,soon d both of us wil b dis lcky.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by sunsky29(m): 8:51am On Sep 28, 2014
Silkmoth33: I swear!
i swear 2.d tin pas disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2014
youmour: It seems firstbank and fcmb ATMs are more prone to this problems,I use ecobank n I have neva gotten my card seized

you've just been lucky.. ecobank has dealt with me too much...

there was a time i wanted to withdraw and pay my sch. fees(too many crowd at d counters).

i just punched in my pins ..naxo the atm just went blank.total black out,and the others were working.i felt like crying...the security told me to wait..i waited and waited..i even bought la casera and meatpie,sat by the atm still waiting. .soon,i turned a partial lunatic.i didn't even know when i started counting 1,2,3 and reading A B C...
the atm later came back on but my card never did come out..it was a friday,i had to wait till Monday to submit my complain..took me 2weeks before i was issued another card...really frustrating sad

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2014
Swagalord18: In secondary school grin
After using my last 50 card to enter bus to the bank grin grin
Had to trek the whole distance back. cry

grin i can imagine the madness..it has happened to me like 20times before i get sense

gosh..u cracked me...thumbs up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by SirAweezy(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2014
okirewaju: Yes

Let's just say I have been lucky with ATM machines

Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner. Don't worry your day will come lol.

"This is a scientific prophesy"

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Damiruth: I was too broke dat I no get bike money to the bank but hoping to withdraw and pay for bike.. But all the the ATMs around where I carry bike go no dispence, after going to 4 banks I just started crying... Tnk God d bike man was very nice and told me to leave the money.. I trek bak om ni dat sunday...
rotfl lwkm cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2014
Damiruth: I was too broke dat I no get bike money to the bank but hoping to withdraw and pay for bike.. But all the the ATMs around where I carry bike go no dispence, after going to 4 banks I just started crying... Tnk God d bike man was very nice and told me to leave the money.. I trek bak om ni dat sunday...
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by crackhouse(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2014
chibwike: Yeah, though happened to my friend. He wanted th withdraw money from an atm machine. On slotting his card, and doing the neccesary things, he immediately got a debit alert on his phone, ''but we no see the money''. Oboy, the guy ran mad,coz the money was huge. He had to go into the bank to complain, but they said he took the money, after all investigatoins, they now realised dat he never did that. They told us to go home, that they'd working on it. That was how we went home dissapointed and scared that we might not get the money again. Well after a week or so, they rectified the issue and we got the money. Buh that was one hell of an experience.
Money from ATM is huge? Are u serious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him / China Demands Dry Yam From Nigeria, Yam Exportation Begins July 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.