Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,816 members, 7,841,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20423 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
Odunharry:
yap..good people still exist

odunharry u no share ur own experience o
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eberex: I withdrew N5,000.00 I got N4,000.00 instead. Henceforth I count my money

serious? lol counting ur money?
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Kizmarty: from comments here,i think many haven't been really disappointed...

I've got too many oppression from the ATM..

i was returning from school last year December..i just crossed the border into Nigeria, so i tried using my Ecobank card only for nearly 6 or 5 machines to reject it..i was later told by a security guard that ecobank had some network issues. i waited for nearly 3hrs no change...

hence i decided to struggle my way home no matter what cus i wasn't ready to waste my last cash on hotel.i changed my little cfas left with me,it only amounted to about #2,000..i took a bus to mile2 with intention of getting a bus to warri only for all the bus companies to tell me that price has change oo as it was Christmas season..cost was #2,800
mhen!i felt like crying..i even met the manager there trying to explain my predicament to him hoping he'll see reasons and help... lailai the guy just shook his head and told me i can try sleep at the park till the next day maybe atm will work..sadsad

i was determined to get home with my little change with me.. i saw one cargo bus like that with market loads the guy was going to benin..he carried me for 2k.i passed the night at benin(iyaro park) after trying the Atms there all to no availsad.next morning same thing...i was more than stranded...empty pocket,my phone's battery was flat..everything was bad for me that day.i even begged fellow travellers around for #10 to buy water,shockingly none help...i cried inside of me(as i help people reach,no one helped ne when i needed it)sad
.. later,i managed to see a driver going close to where i live at warri.i explained to him,he saw reasons and offered to help.he took me home direct for #2,000sadsadsad a beggar has no choice..
now,I've learnt my lesson.. i use two banks..there's no way both will disappoint at once.

what an awful experience!!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by lalasticlala(m): 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
Maj196: Stupid skye bank ATM chop d only money i wn use soak garri 1aftanoon.Dats mine

hahahahahahaha
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by ryom(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
Once lost £10 to an ATM, did not bother complaining as loose change; happens everywhere. A family member once withdrew £80 but took the card and not the cash (lots of stress), went back immediately, met one oyibo woman there who denied seeing any money, she obviously helped herself to it I guess!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by englishmart(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
laplace12:

over sabi
how can you learn with such a nauseating attitude.?
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Odunharry(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala:

odunharry u no share ur own experience o
lol...na when Fidelity dwn ma street and diamond bank atm debit me 4 mney mk i neva collect o bt dm crdt me back within 30min
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by laplace12(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
englishmart: how can you learn with such a nauseating attitude.?

we weren't having an English class and again you presented it in a derogatory manner
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by uchdollar111: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
I've never been disappointed b/4. Anyway check out www.myeventsgallery.com sign up to receive free gifts b/4 our launching party!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by AMAKAVIOLA: 5:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
okirewaju: Funny enough i do cheesy

Then you dnt use ATM machines or ur Alien
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2014
leofab: Mine was the worst. I reside at Enugu but came to Lagos to preparing my traveling documents Nd I do not have any relative at Lagos so I had to lodge in a hotel around Alimosho axis, after everything at the immigration office and high commission office I it took me 3 days and I scheduled to leave by Saturday with the last 6k on my account. On getting to first bank at Idimu the Automatic Teller Machine gently swallowed my card and smiled, luckily but unluckily for me the bank was opened that Saturdays for wire transfer transactions and I stepped in there to report but they said I should come back by Monday, I tried to explain but all to no avail. No money to renew my accommodation notc even a decent feeding. I feel like dying and has to end up with the spending the night in one of the bank officials house and the next say being sunday he have me 10k for screw.ing me and I travelled back home without coming for the card again.
babe na wah o.....so d bank official bleep u 4 10k hmmmm bitch!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hadone: My worse experience ever was in May, 2008. I went to a famous bank in Yola to cash some money from my savings account but met the banking hall crowded. I then moved straight to the ATM
machine situated within the bank and withdrew N10,000:00. Behold!! I was shocked to discover that the money contains a mixture of genuine and FAKE currency. I immediately complain to the bank & after tracing my transaction history, the bank substituted the fake note with the original one.

How did you detect the fakes currencies?
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
aaidel: made an atm deposit it took over a week to be credited to my account

LMAO! We need help in this country!!!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by onila(f): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
m card got stocked into the machine
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
skoloppy31: Mine is not a disappointment but happy feeling. ..its was a Friday afternoon, after class, I take a bike down to the atm, I wanna withdraw 5k and 5k I wanna loan a freind. lo and behold I clicked other, then input 10k.the machine takes about 4 minutes to release me cash, but to my supreme instead of the money to be neatly arranged, it's came out like someone blew it with air from behind. I know it within myself this cash is more than 10k but I act cool and take my cash...i counted the money and recounted . he Heheheheheh it was 21k. i check my balance and 10k was the amount debited. The alerts send to me was 10k too. I waited for the bank to call me and tell me about his but no...i use the money buy LeBron James 11.up till this . moment nobody called or message me for the money....but my freind don't believe it.i won't mention the bank name
o boi see Enjoyment guy y u chop alone na........hahahaha
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
Jarus: A couple, but the one I won't forget in a hurry happened in 2009 or so.

I was traveling to Minna, Niger state, to take flight to Abuja and then bus to Minna from Abuja. I don't like holding cash, so I didn't withdraw more than what I needed to buy my ticket at MMIA. After paying for my ticket, I had like N3000 or so left in my pocket. I took airport taxi to the motor park for N3000 (the taxi man said N3500) but I was able to have him collect 3k which was all I had left on me.

I got to Utako park and I was told the fare for Abuja-Minna bus was 1k. I went to the nearest ATM, Zenith Bank, to withdraw the money needed to continue the journey only to be told by ATM: you financial institution is not available. I tried another bank within the area, a UBA, same story. It wasn't funny. I kept trying like 10 times, shuttling between the two ATM machines. 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours same story.

Annoyed, I called my friends that worked in GTB Head Office, cursing GTB, barking on top of my voice over the phone as if my friend was the owner of GTB, telling him to speak to their IT people that they had put me in mess in far away Abuja. I knew a couple of people in Abuja, but I didn't even have money to visit them and I had exhausted my phone credit shouting to my friends that worked in GTB. More so, since I was just passing through Abuja, I was hesitant to reach out to any friend or family in Abuja, especially as I was having hope that the ATM would work in 10, 15 minutes.

My friend in GTB apologised on behalf of the bank, told me his IT people told him it was a general issue and they're working on it even on that Saturday afternoon.

I waited. Still no show.

I had to borrow 1k from the bank's security guy who saw me sweating on that hot afternoon, to continue the journey.

I asked for the guy's number, thanked him and headed back to the park. He didn't give me his number (or maybe he said he didn't have..cant remember) but he told me anytime I came back, I should just ask of Chris.

I reached Minna 2 hours later...and the first ATM I used worked. I vex withdraw almost all the withdrawable limit for a day. 100k or so then.

On my way back the next day, I was late and rushed straight to the airport as I was almost missing my flight. And the bank was far from the airport side.

I returned the guy's money when next I traveled to Abuja, like 2 months later. Didn't meet him as he was not on duty that day, met his colleague who said he was aware of my incident. I dropped the money and my number for onward delivery to Chris the next day when he came to work.

He called me to say he got the money. I was full of thanks to such person, who didn't know me, and offered to give me 1k. For a person - security guy - whose salary may be just 20k (2009). That's 5% of his salary. Good people still exist in Nigeria.

@ the end of it all- you deserved to be flogged. For making movement without enough cash. Ever had of precautionary motive? Even the bankers preaching cashless economy - you need to check their bags and see the packets of money in them. No try am again

3 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
nickz: The day one atm seized my card
Chai!! I unleashed the beast in me
At the security man and in the banking hall

And my mum was stranded somewhere cause her purse was stolen at an event

Woh!! They released it immediately

One wey to get things done in naija "raise your voice in good english and make threatsgringrin"

You'll see some account officers are pu55iessad
senior Man
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by englishmart(m): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
laplace12:

we weren't having an English class and again you presented it in a derogatory manner
that's probably your business.
cheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by laplace12(m): 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
englishmart: that's probably your business.
cheesy

Sure, it is ma business but you got pained tongue
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by bigtt76(f): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
You're right ...may be this one na for Automated Teller Money (ATM) Manchine grin hahaha

People shaa. Sometimes you will hear people saying my ATM has expired or I forgot my ATM at home all referring to bank debit card very funny grin

englishmart: I think "m" in the acronym "ATM" means machine.
So no need to call it ATM machine.

That's my own awful experience.
Lol cheesy
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by dBard: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
onila: m card got stocked into the machine

GBAGAUN! !!!!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by 14teenK: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
Wow......wat an awful experience people hav being through.......even people wey no gt bank acct sef folo dy yarn hmmmm! Not my biz tho
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by haymoney01(m): 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
englishmart: I think "m" in the acronym "ATM" means machine.
So no need to call it ATM machine.

That's my own awful experience.
Lol cheesy
No mind dem. D 1 wey dy suppose put card for back. Dy no gree put. 'Make i gv u my atm, hlp me colect money come'
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by grandstar(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=dokilolo]dis 1 happened 2 a friend of mine,
he came home 1 evening smiling nd wen I asked him y he was so happy, he told me dat d atm hsd paid him double.
he saidnhe initially withdrew 2k bt...THE BANK STAFF IN CHARGE IS ACCOUNTABLE
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by princebergz(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
never had any noteworthy experience but I remember what happened to my padi...
around July last year myself and this my padi traveled to Cote d'ivoire, towards the end of the trip (on a Thursday, we were to head back to Nigeria on Friday ), we decided to go shopping but my padi was cash strapped and had to make use of the ATM (he drinks like a sailor)
we hopped to a cash point, my over confident padi sha went ahead to press rubbish on the machine (the instructions were in French ) the next thing it was Jonah and the whale all over again.
p.s: I can never forget the look on my padi's face... epic!

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Boblegacy10: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
My only bitter experience so far with ATM was that it under-dispensed my cash by #1,000. I used FBN ATM card on Fidelity ATM @ Pencinema area. I correctly entered #20,000 but dispensed only 19 pieces of #1,000 notes. It was at night so nobody I could complain to.

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by haymoney01(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
gift01: Make dem ban dose atm with volume problem. Those Noise making atm sha. They'll surely expose you and can cause easy access to attack by criminals. Imagine, they'll be shouting: 'pls enter your secret number' and then telling the neighbourhood you going by shouting: 'thank you for banking with us'. Dose always hungry security guys be like 'oga find us something'. Banks pls stop noise pollution cos na atm screen we dey monitor. No time for that yeye female noise
Ds got me rolling with laughter
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by onila(f): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
LadiesPet: Big boys don't use ATM.
Plz what do they use
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by grandstar(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
princealbashir: First Bank* ATM; Disappointing customers since 1847.
but their card is the bomb! only disappointed me once. better than uba or eco. eco, disappointing since 1126
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by LadiesPet(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
onila: Plz what do they use

Debit card
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by LadiesPet(m): 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
onila: Plz what do they use

Debit card & POS
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Lawalmd(m): 7:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
had a awful experience at the diamond bank atm yesterday because the server was down and I was stranded but it later payed off because I made a new female friend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brand New ABB Transformers For Sale / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.