Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Beauty Or Character? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beauty Or Character? (1543 Views)

How To Detect If Beauty OR Endowments Is ALL She's Got. / What Kick Start A Relationship - Beauty Or Good Traits? / Beauty Or Character, Which One Would You Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beauty Or Character? by sas2chat4(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2008
In any relationship tending to marriage, which would you prefer is it the person's physical qualities (beauty / handsomeness) or his or her character?
Your views & reasons are most welcome. smiley
Re: Beauty Or Character? by gentledove(f): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2008
@ poster,

anyone who goes for beauty must be foolish. lets look at it this way,

1. a woman who is a beautiful as Bianca packs into your house, becomes hostile to your siblings and even your parents, insults your visitors and does not respect anyone

OR

2. a good woman who is not as beautiful as Agbani Darego but has a beautiful spirit. welcomes your visitors, very hospitable and intelligent.

Its only a physically-minded individual who will go for beauty and neglect character wink
Re: Beauty Or Character? by sexyLeamon(f): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
both actually cheesy
Re: Beauty Or Character? by arramyjay: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2008
I will choose character.But he has to be cute too. cheesy cheesy
Re: Beauty Or Character? by sistajay(f): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2008
Character before beauti.
Re: Beauty Or Character? by visitor30(m): 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2008
@Topic,
well there is saying that goes like this '' beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder ''. But as for me i will go for character 1st followed by beauty. but again beauty is a personal thing and it will come and disappear if its is accidented, if ya all know what i mean,
Re: Beauty Or Character? by opokonwa(m): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2008
Character.

Physical beauty fades with time.
While not diminishing the importance of a woman's beauty in the eyes of a man (no matter how reasonable the man claims to be), the beauty which comes from within (her good charater) will outlast her physical attributes.
Re: Beauty Or Character? by girlsoswit(f): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2008
Character comes first b4 beauty. Beauty fades but Character remains forever and dat's why the Yoruba people say Efin ni iwa. He that goes for beauty first is blind in the spirit.
Re: Beauty Or Character? by origina9ja(f): 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2008
common a bit of both

i cant stand lipsrsealed cry cry
Re: Beauty Or Character? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2008
to an extent beauty comes first, lets look at it this way beauty is congenital while character is acquired, if u do not like ur beautiful wifes character, you can impact in her the character which u want her to posess, but if she is not receptive to new ideas, then end the marriage b4 it starts and settle for good character. but lets look at it this way , some characters could be deceptive, they might just pretend to b good, but call them mrs and they tell u that those mrs good ol days has passed. then u begin to see the hell in her even in the ugly ones. so u see just pray u find a good wife. she could be pretty and good or ugly and bad.no one knows, undecided undecided undecided, my lil token wink wink
Re: Beauty Or Character? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2008
Why settle for less, when you can have both? undecided

thought its all about aiming high? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Can You Be 100% Sure? / She Dated His Brother In-law; Now She’s Engaged To Him. / The Problems With Guys:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.