Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39130 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
lanrefront1:

I beg to differ. He is the problem because all the states are following the footpath of the government at the center. They know the President and the center are corrupt and are stealing everyday; and therefore cannot bring them to book no mater what they do. The central government will expose itself in the process, so its a field day for all government thieves in Nigeria.

That is why there is a propaganda machine backed by billions of naira to assassinate the person of General Buhari.

Put someone like Buhari in power and see what happens within one year.

But what am I talking about. You will probably come and shout about how Buhari is Boko haram sponsor and plans to Islamize Nigeria.

!IN This present nigeria that rule of law and separation of power is paramount, bros ur BUHARI Cant do anythng about corruption. everythng sttarts from the upper house n ends in the lower house, some states will even not respect the laws passed, for instance the freedom of info law which is being ignored n not followed by lagos state. buHARI can only succeed if he controls d entire system n nominates his govs n state house members n representatives n senators, outside that he will never succeed, abi no be nigeria we dey. how come GEJ didnt just go to world bank n borrow the 1billion dolls with his powers but had to appeal the NASS to approve it? who passed the antigay bill before president signed it to law? atleast u knw what happened with the 2014 budget, hw it was almost stalled frm being passed by the NASS members. so buhari cant wake up n make decrees like he did in d past when he was head of state, procedures must be followed n those procedures are the problems we have cos they r corrupt.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Oduduwaboy(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket
hmmm...what should i call you now ? a genuine slowpoke will do!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by edogirl2: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2014
kenex4ever: Femi falana is now d official APC lawyer, judiciary is no longer a neutral body

Actually, lawyers are not members of the judiciary.

Even if we leave aside his human rights activism background, and the fact that he is from Ekiti State, he is, as a member of the public, entitled to an opinion on this serious matter.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by BekeeBuAgbara: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2014
For the second time Fayemi is trying to regain power through the back door, why can't he respect the wishes of the people.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by eligibility: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2014
It becomes no senses in electing a miscreant as a governor. The Osuns nearly joined the race of evil in electing another academic butcher. Shame on one bag of rice collected before voting. Shame on the electorate that voted for a visible tout in Ekiti state. Well , the mistakes can still be corrected in either court of law or 2018.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe: @Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.

THE QUESTION IS, WHICH COURT OF LAW CONVICTED FAYOSE?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by saintseye: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2014
it quite unfortunate that we dont even know who is educated or learned,even from our response to the post, we can say the level of reasoning of some of us.there are fundamental question we need to ask oursef b4 we response to any post.u dont talk anyhw on issues u dnt av full understanding of,u were not there wen its happens

Has anybody bother to ask for the either video or foto footage of how the judge was beaten?NO
Were u in ekiti wen the event happen?NO,
Av u spoke wit d parties involve in d saga?NO,
Wat do even kno abt ekiti?NUTIN.
Y ar pple nt talkin abt d assasination of d pdp member?

dnt let us be partisan in pourin our mind,seach evertin very well n hold on to the truth so the holy book says.
as for me ooo wat i dnt kno much abt,i dnt talk abt it.
GOD will help us in dis country

6 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Layolaw(f): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe:

Are you mad or on drugs? Are you the only person denying that Fayose led thugs to a court to truncate proceedings relating to a case he is a defendant in? Guy, you are just a hateful lunatic and a shameless liar no one should take seriously.
are you sure you are living in Ekiti? Stop reacting to what you read from apc newspaper and if you must post anything on Ekiti please confirm it frm pple living there. I think channel tv (sunrise) interviewd both pdp spokesman and apc attorney General for the state on saturday.........in a nutshel, stop depending on lagos bloggers. On falana, go and ask ilawe Ekiti pple if they have benefited anything from him, they are all making name/noise in Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by eligibility: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: For the second time Fayemi is trying to regain power through the back door, why can't he respect the wishes of the people.

Be calmed before unnecessary allegation , it was Fayose
that took hoodlums to the court not Fayemi.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by honeric01(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

What money, are this dumb. Who even knows alj harem of nairaland not to talk bribing me.

A beg cmont my face

Please who is aljharem of nairaland?

The one i know is very unstable and majority of her posts are nothing but of unstable mind.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara: For the second time Fayemi is trying to regain power through the back door, why can't he respect the wish of the people.

Look, Fayemi lost. Fayose is the choice of the people. No bone of contention there. Nonetheless, Fayemi and the APC should take advantage if the lawless PDP has once again, in its desperation to supplant 'Garrison commanders' everywhere, supported a disqualified candidate out of all other suitable men and women from Ekiti the Party could have presented. When will the PDP learn? Sure this is coming late but issues are ultimately about establishing and legally upholding the disqualification of Fayose if such is genuinely the case.

I think it would have been best for Fayose to lead Ekiti so that the choice of the Ekiti electorate is respected but I will never ever, not for any reason, back the idea of allowing a legally disqualified person to gain a position the law clearly states they are barred from contesting for. That is something that takes all of us backwards whatever Party or Politician we support. Simple as that.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by major466(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2014
Who's Femi Falana? Is he the special assistant to the outgoing gov of Ekiti state on judiciary matters? Never heard of him.

Anyway, report reaching my desk has it that APC leadership want to steal the mandate of Governor elect Ekiti state, Ayo Fayose through the back door. All PDP members from the state must be on high alert.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by edogirl2: 11:51am On Sep 29, 2014
Mr Fayose's behaviour should concern all reasonable Nigerians, and be rightly condemned, irrespective of what side of the political divide you fall.

It is simply unacceptable.

As the Judiciary, Legislature and, the Executive branch (The Presidency etc) are the tripod on which our sovereignty (and ultimately democracy) as a people rest, this unprecedented invasion of courts and attack on the Judges are acts against us, the people.

If there is nothing under the sun that will justify the slapping of the President of Nigeria, I submit with all respects that there should be nothing that justifies the slapping of a sitting judge.

I am angry and frustrated that once again, people place party politics about something that goes to the very root of our nationhood.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2014
texbaba1: Wrote this on my fb wall, let me share it here as well...

NOW THAT BARNABAS IS FREE; Ekiti people reminds me of a story in the bible about Jesus the christ, Barnabas the criminal and the Jews. Because of sheer hatred and misunderstanding for Jesus' ways and teachings, when pontius pilate asked who between Jesus and Barnabas they want to be freed, the jews shouted crucify Jesus, free Barnabas. Well, now that Barnabas is free...murder, theft, looting, arson and other allied crimes are on the loose. Ekiti people, you crucified Fayemi and voted Fayose...well now that Fayose is Governor, enjoy the reign.

I don't even know the best title for your problem.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by MORNDEW(m): 11:55am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket
slowpoke must you show ur decayed way of life.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2014
edogirl2:

Mr Fayose's behaviour should concern all reasonable Nigerians, and be rightly condemned, irrespective of what side of the political divide you fall.

It is simply unacceptable.

As the Judiciary, Legislature and, the Executive branch (The Presidency etc) are the tripod on which our sovereignty (and ultimately democracy) as a people rest, this unprecedented invasion of courts and attack on the Judges are acts against us, the people.

If there is nothing under the sun that will justify the slapping of the President of Nigeria, I submit with all respects that there should be nothing that justifies the slapping of a sitting judge.

I am angry and frustrated that once again, people place party politics about something that goes to the very root of our nationhood.

Same here. I support the APC passionately but remain committed, above Party politics, to the principle that the rule of law must be respected and upheld always !!!!! Brazen impunity, such as was displayed in an Ekiti court, does not belong in a civilised nation inhabited by civilised and morally upright folks.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Ahmeduana(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2014
ShagariAbacha:
Hey remember me ?
However, in response to that question, FF is right. Fayose is a political thug.
NO, FAYOSE IS NOT A THUG, IT HAPPENS THAT HE HAVE THE REMEDY TO THE UN-CURABLE MADNESS OF apc!

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Opiosko: You made some good points but i think u left out the most important one. The presiding judge is acting suspictiously. Looking at the haste with which he rushed the proceeding, he is clearly trying to stop Fayose from being sworn in, that's clear from the date he fixed to deliver his judgment. The date is such that there won't be an opportunity to file an appeal before the inaguration......the judge should be blamed for be trying to act out another Salami Robin Hood judicial activism.

God bless you.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Sixix: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Yes I read and silly statements like this can only come from people that have been bribed

Can you be objective for once and find the root cause ?

What is happening in Ekiti now is not Uganda Idi Amin but South Africa Apartheid. Fayose is the will of the people

People do not want Fayemi, why are you media teams bulling them against their will.

Same way black people were freed from whites rule and the white media houses publishing how backward blacks are.

Yes we prefer our freedom to any pseudo-educated man that calls himself fayemi

angry angry angry
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by garrimallam: 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
Falana d oversear!u live in lagos and knows what happens in Ekiti.
Is it a must that u comment on every national issue even on the ones ur bias.
Respect ur age.
Gbawe:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/27/fayose-no-different-from-ugandas-idi-amin-femi-falana/

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
Frankmishael: mugu for me to buy this rubbish won't I just buy airtel 2gb for 2k

I LIKE YOU, YOU ARE VERY INTELLIGENT.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Ahmeduana(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Yes I read and silly statements like this can only come from people that have been bribed

Can you be objective for once and find the root cause ?

What is happening in Ekiti now is not Uganda Idi Amin but South Africa Apartheid. Fayose is the will of the people

People do not want Fayemi, why are you media teams bulling them against their will.

Same way black people were freed from whites rule and the white media houses publishing how backward blacks are.

Yes we prefer our freedom to any pseudo-educated man that calls himself fayemi
I JUST LIKE YOU, YOU BE ONE MAN ARMY, DEY GO FRONT I DEY YOUR BACKTOGETHER WE GO DEMOLISH THE MOUNTAIN OF LIES BUILT BY THESE RAT-A$$ CALLED apc

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Ahmeduana(m): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe:

Pathetic guy. This is why I could not be bothered to even dignify his silly post with a response. He will tell you he is "Yoruba", after claiming every ethnic group in Nigeria, yet how many genuine Yorubas will call two icons of the ethnic group, who have brought so much honour and prestige to Nigeria as a whole, "stu.pid" all in defence of a glorified thug who has done absolutely nothing for anyone? this foolish Alhaji from Chad is an embarrassment to himself and his 419 claims.

Falana is a master of his craft i.e law and any balanced person will understand his anger over how thugs were taken to a court to truncate proceedings and beat up judges. This is a very fundamental issue that is a no-no in all civilised societies on earth and all men, regardless of political or ethnic persuasions, must condemn this development and be resolute on insisting punishment be meted out to culprits lest this PDP-inspired lawlessness, once again, become our reality in the SW.
SU-RU-TU PO, SALIVA GO JUST DRY FOR MOUTH.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by smada13(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Refute what I said or hold you're piece or you think we doing know the happens on these people.

Go and watch tvc and see how these people so called elder statesmen talk with so much lack of wisdom.

sorry to ask, please did u go to school? God punish GEJ for this

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

!IN This present nigeria that rule of law and separation of power is paramount, bros ur BUHARI Cant do anythng about corruption. everythng sttarts from the upper house n ends in the lower house, some states will even not respect the laws passed, for instance the freedom of info law which is being ignored n not followed by lagos state. buHARI can only succeed if he controls d entire system n nominates his govs n state house members n representatives n senators, outside that he will never succeed, abi no be nigeria we dey. how come GEJ didnt just go to world bank n borrow the 1billion dolls with his powers but had to appeal the NASS to approve it? who passed the antigay bill before president signed it to law? atleast u knw what happened with the 2014 budget, hw it was almost stalled frm being passed by the NASS members. so buhari cant wake up n make decrees like he did in d past when he was head of state, procedures must be followed n those procedures are the problems we have cos they r corrupt.

A BOTTLE OF COLD TURBO-KING FOR YOU.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by nokingasgod: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe: @Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.

You have said it all, the question is, are there no credible member of PDP in Ekiti State? why a man with a luggage-ful of negativity? Same across board, why can't PDP evolve a mechanism for fielding credible candidates that an average Nigerian can reckon with?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
eligibility: It becomes no senses in electing a miscreant as a governor. The Osuns nearly joined the race of evil in electing another academic butcher. Shame on one bag of rice collected before voting. Shame on the electorate that voted for a visible tout in Ekiti state. Well , the mistakes can still be corrected in either court of law or 2018.

ALABOSI

NA ONLY PDP SHARED RICE FOR OSUN ABI?

SHAME ON YOU TOO.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Jinyjagz(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Refute what I said or hold you're piece or you think we doing know the happens on these people.

Go and watch tvc and see how these people so called elder statesmen talk with so much lack of wisdom.

dude u nid to get brighter grammer..Na #200
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by onatisi(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
The day fayose becomes the governor will most likely signal the beginning of the end of apc in ekiti state

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Laitesmart(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
Nigeria... The only country where a governor can misbehave, hold the whole state to ransom, have a rancour with the President, arrested on funds embezzlement, have a case pending in court... And in the end still be voted in as a governor for another tenure....

This is what you get when you dont think before your actions... Ekiti people...

Watch out for the next four years!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

$200billion Loot In Dubai:EFCC Trails 7 Ex-Governors,6 Ex-Ministers,5 PDP Chiefs / Justice Umar Kicks A Security Guard At Abuja Plaza (Video) / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.