Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39292 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2014
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/27/fayose-no-different-from-ugandas-idi-amin-femi-falana/

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; another ‘Idi Amin of Uganda’ – Femi Falana
Nigeria’s human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, has called on the acting Inspector-General of Police, Suleiman Abba, to “arrest and prosecute without any delay” those who invaded an Ado Ekiti High Court, beat up a Judge, and violated the Court of Justice.

Falana blamed the Ekiti state governor-elect, Ayodele Fayose for the sacrilege committed against the state judiciary.
In a statement released today, Falana said: “This is a reminder of the Idi Amin era in Uganda when judges were killed while discharging judicial functions,” he said.
“In my reaction to the outcome of the Ekiti state governorship election held on June 21, 2014 , I expressed the view that the Ekiti people had gone back to Egypt. The mayhem unleashed on a high court judge, lawyers and litigants in the precinct of the Ekiti State High Court sitting at Ado Ekiti on Monday, September, 23, 2014 by a gang of hired hoodlums has confirmed that the Ekiti people have fully returned to the wilderness.
“As the thugs were not brought to book they regrouped this morning and launched another attack on the High Court. In the process Justice Isaac Adeyeye was beaten up while the car of Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association was destroyed. Other judges and lawyers ran for dear lives.
“Thus, by desecrating the temple of Justice with the connivance of the Police the armed lumpen elements left no one in doubt that they have the full backing of the ruling party in executing the premeditated onslaught on the judiciary.
He noted that: “So far, those who perpetrated the barbaric attack and their sponsors have admitted their ignoble role through public statements issued by them. The Ekiti state governor-elect, Mr. Ayo Fayose has justified the shameful attack on the rule of law in Ekiti State by saying that his election cannot be challenged in court. This is a reminder of the Idi Amin era in Uganda when judges were killed while discharging judicial functions. Mr. Fayose and his thugs should not be allowed to kill judges and lawyers before calling him to order.
“Since the Ekiti State police command is completely compromised the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Suleiman Abbah is called upon to ensure that all the assailants are arrested and prosecuted without any delay.
He then urged Ekiti people to ensure that the truth of the matter is uncovered. “Any attempt to cover up the brazen contempt of court should be resisted by the Attorney-General of Ekiti State, Mr. Wale Fapounda who should take decisive measures to bring the criminals to book. Let no one politicize the criminality of those who are bent on replacing the rule of law with rule of force in Ekiti State. The Federal Government ought to distance itself from the shameless display of brute force by an in-coming governor Ekiti state.
“In view of the duty imposed on the Nigerian Bar Association to defend the rule of law and protect judges and lawyers the leadership of the Bar in Ekiti State and at the national level should mount pressure on the Police Authorities to fish out those who beat up a judge, chased judges and lawyers out of the Ekiti State High Court.
“Even under the defunct military junta judges were never subjected to physical assault over their decisions. Hence, in Garba v Federal Civil Service Commision (1998) 1 NWLR (PT 70) 449 it was held by the Supreme Court (per Eso J.S.C.) that:
“The military in coming to power is usually faced with the question as to whether to establish a rule of law or rule of force. While the latter could be justifiable a rule of terror, once the path of law is chosen the mighty arm of government, the militia which is an embodiment of legislature and executive must in humility bow to the rule of law thus permitted to exist.
“The rule of law knows no fear, it is never cowed down, it can only be silenced. But once it is not silenced by the only arm that can silence it, it must be accepted in full confidence to be able to justify its existence,” his statement read.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:02am On Sep 29, 2014
anoda long epistle from his majesty, gbawe na only u waka come?

9 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:02am On Sep 29, 2014
Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Asoozy: 9:07am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

The word 'pathetic' does not begin to describe you. Have you no shame?

223 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by patrickmuf(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014

So what's wrong with Soyinka's son being an SA? Why not deal with the message and not the messenger?

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Asoozy:

Refute what I said or hold you're piece or you think we doing know the happens on these people.

Go and watch tvc and see how these people so called elder statesmen talk with so much lack of wisdom.

25 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by olu77(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2014
Fayose has shown by his action that he is not fit to govern in a democratic dispensation.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2014
patrickmuf: So what's wrong with Soyinka's son being an SA? Why not deal with the message and not the messenger?

Exactly, it explains he has lack all objectivity.

The message is full of assumssions rather than reality. Falana is in Lagos and not in ekiti so he cannot say who is an idi amin or not.

That is very partisan and du.mb of him

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2014
olu77: Fayose has shown by his action that he is not fit to govern in a democratic dispensation.

What action. Please point it out

20 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by donphilopus: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2014

Are you sure you even read the article at all before rushing to comment?! Cos it doesn't seem you read anything. You wouldn't have seen anything wrong in his statement, if he had praised him. But because reverse is the case, you're here spewing hocus pocus!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by ShagariAbacha: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh: anoda long epistle from his majesty, gbawe na only u waka come?
Hey remember me ?
However, in response to that question, FF is right. Fayose is a political thug.

14 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2014
ShagariAbacha:
Hey remember me ?
However, in response to that question, FF is right. Fayose is a political thug.

gowon abacha, dem ban u? chai..............chai...............chai
ayaf remembers o. so whats appens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2014
donphilopus:
Are you sure you even read the article at all before rushing to comment?! Cos it doesn't seem you read anything. You wouldn't have seen anything wrong in his statement, if had praised him. But because reverse is the case here, you're here spewing the hocus pocus!

Yes I read and silly statements like this can only come from people that have been bribed

Falana blamed the Ekiti state governor-elect, Ayodele Fayose for the sacrilege committed against the state judiciary.
In a statement released today, Falana said: “This is a reminder of the Idi Amin era in Uganda when judges were killed while discharging judicial functions,” he said.

Can you be objective for once and find the root cause ?

What is happening in Ekiti now is not Uganda Idi Amin but South Africa Apartheid. Fayose is the will of the people

People do not want Fayemi, why are you media teams bulling them against their will.

Same way black people were freed from whites rule and the white media houses publishing how backward blacks are.

Yes we prefer our freedom to any pseudo-educated man that calls himself fayemi

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by ShagariAbacha: 9:23am On Sep 29, 2014
IbokUtoroh:

gowon abacha, dem ban u? chai..............chai...............chai
ayaf remembers o. so whats appens?
Yap..its a long story bro. I don't even know where to start from grin. Lemme run commot before they ban this one too. I nor dey talk for politics again. I don port to agriculture, travels and business. But I go dey show face for this section once in a while sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 9:24am On Sep 29, 2014
The reality on ground is that your elitist pawns such as Soyinka and Falana can not twist the will of the people and if they try it by making another Ayo Salami, it will be resisted by whatever means.

20 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 9:24am On Sep 29, 2014
Asoozy:

Pathetic guy. This is why I could not be bothered to even dignify his silly post with a response. He will tell you he is "Yoruba", after claiming every ethnic group in Nigeria, yet how many genuine Yorubas will call two icons of the ethnic group, who have brought so much honour and prestige to Nigeria as a whole, "stu.pid" all in defence of a glorified thug who has done absolutely nothing for anyone? this foolish Alhaji from Chad is an embarrassment to himself and his 419 claims.

Falana is a master of his craft i.e law and any balanced person will understand his anger over how thugs were taken to a court to truncate proceedings and beat up judges. This is a very fundamental issue that is a no-no in all civilised societies on earth and all men, regardless of political or ethnic persuasions, must condemn this development and be resolute on insisting punishment be meted out to culprits lest this PDP-inspired lawlessness, once again, become our reality in the SW.

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

What action. Please point it out

Are you mad or on drugs? Are you the only person denying that Fayose led thugs to a court to truncate proceedings relating to a case he is a defendant in? Guy, you are just a hateful lunatic and a shameless liar no one should take seriously.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by 2cato: 9:48am On Sep 29, 2014
Why cant APC accept defeat like PDP? Gbawe and donphillopus you people should stop causing problem. The people have spoken and that i believe is the voice of God. APC Janjweed you people are ready to burn nigeria to achieve what?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2014
@Topic.

I don't support Fayose being denied his mandate to lead Ekiti through the use of back door tactics. I believe Fayemi lost the election to Fayose. Nonetheless, this is politics and any legitimate and legal tactics to defeat a foes is 'par for the course'. If the APC Fayemi camp has now seen a legally pertinent argument establishing the case, beyond doubt, that Fayose was disqualified from running as a gubernatorial candidate then they would be incorrigible victims for not using this advantage to confront PDP impunity and lawlessness.

The same thing happened in the past when some stakeholders tried to prevent Ibori from contesting to be a governor. Those brave stakeholders took their case to court and argued correctly that Ibori had been convicted of a criminal offence in the UK and thus disqualified from participating in a guber race in Nigeria. OBJ, with his mind settled on another 'criminal son' in Ibori, would have non of it. The judge brazenly declared that the Ibori convicted of criminal behaviour in the UK was not the same Ibori vying to be Governor In Nigeria. Of course we all now know this to be false and another disgrace to corrupt Nigerian judiciary and the lawless backbone of Nigerian leaders OBJ and GEJ commonly typify.

Fayose won but the APC should not let go if there is a legally verifiable reason barring Fayose from contesting in the first place. Enough of the PDP foisting convicted criminals and felons on Nigeria.

Fayose on his part, if he is not the thug people claim he is, should never use thuggery and violence in an an effort to intimidate the judicial process. That is unacceptable in civilised and democratic society. I think Fayose knows that a legally enforceable case against him can be established and this is why he is acting desperately. Most folks can admit he won but Nigeria should never seek to be a Country where law and order is relegated to the back because of political agenda. If it can be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running then let this be a watershed case that perhaps puts an end to PDP's practice of presenting disqualified convicted criminals and felons as candidates for important public office. They have gotten away with it for far too long.

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Quintero: 9:53am On Sep 29, 2014
ShagariAbacha:
Yap..its a long story bro. I don't even know where to start from grin. Lemme run commot before they ban this one too. I nor dey talk for politics again. I don port to agriculture, travels and business. But I go dey show face for this section once in a while sha.
Don't mind them sir. Brownlord, temigracie and I were all aware of that saga jare.. Some people can be easily deceived by what's not real.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by lanrefront1(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2014

Where ate you people's conscience? Must you always support what's so glaring wrong blindly?

Femi Falana is is a lawyer. The law is his profession; a SAN for that matter. What has APC got to do with all that he has said? He is strictly speaking about the "rule of law" which is the foundation every sane advance society in the world today is built upon. The "rule of law" and not that of ""might" or "force".

whatever were the political machinations or calculations of the Ekiti APC may be, that does not give Fayose the right to launch an attack on the Ekiti law courts and judiciary by hoodlums.

Do you realize the import of this? Hoodlums attacking law courts and judicial officers during a session while the police on stand by does nothing and federal government in Abuja, the President sworn to uphold the Nigerian constitution keeps quiet.

If you you feel you must not be seen speaking against any vested interest of PDP, in this kind of matter, why not just remain silent.

39 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:59am On Sep 29, 2014
@shagabacha, for like mek we relate outsde dis forum, hw u c am?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2014

I never expected this from you. There is a way you show your support for PDP without abusing Wole Soyink. This is the same Soyinka you hold in high esteem on literature and cultural-related threads.

12 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

Exactly, it explains he has lack all objectivity.

The message is full of assumssions rather than reality. Falana is in Lagos and not in ekiti so he cannot say who is an idi amin or not.

That is very partisan and du.mb of him
You need to go back to school.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 10:05am On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe:
Are you mad or on drugs? Are you the only person denying that Fayose led thugs to a court to truncate proceedings relating to a case he is a defendant in? Guy, you are just a hateful lunatic and a shameless liar no one should take seriously.

Oga Gbawe, I am not denying that fayose did bring thugs to the court but the judge is trying to take his mandate and that of the people . That is wrong and should he resisted

Also forget those falana and soyinka. They have eaten from Tinubu's table so they can't talk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2014
patrickmuf: So what's wrong with Soyinka's son being an SA? Why not deal with the message and not the messenger?
I don't know what went wrong with Aljharem of recent. Wole Soyinka has no power over his son, Olaokun, the Commissioner of Health of Ogun State. For crying out the man is 57, the same age with Jonathan. If Aljharem thinks Soyinka is rewarded in anyway for his son's appointment, he should also prove that the professor is rewarded by the FG of Jonathan, who made his daughter, Moremi a member of the Governing Council of one of the federal universities in the north.

11 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I never expected this from you. There is a way you show your support for PDP without abusing Wole Soyink. This is the same Soyinka you hold in high esteem on literature and cultural-related threads.

Yes I use to respect him until his recent insult on the intelligence of the public. Insulting PDP and always praising APC like he does not know the level of corruption in apc.

He should even be in politics.

I am sorry for my harsh words and misconduct on prof.

4 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Aljharem, with all due respect, take a break from the politics section, and go to the cultural section. You're good there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2014
lanrefront1:

Where ate you people's conscience? Must you always support what's so glaring wrong blindly?

Femi Falana is is a lawyer. The law is his profession; a SAN for that matter. What has APC got to do with all that he has said? He is strictly speaking about the "rule of law" which is the foundation every sane advance society in the world today is built upon. The "rule of law" and not that of ""might" or "force".

whatever were the political machinations or calculations of the Ekiti APC may be, that does not give Fayose the right to launch an attack on the Ekiti law courts and judiciary by hoodlums.

Do you realize the import of this? Hoodlums attacking law courts and judicial officers during a session while the police on stand by does nothing and federal government in Abuja, the President sworn to uphold the Nigerian constitution keeps quiet.

If you you feel you must not be seen speaking against any vested interest of PDP, in this kind of matter, why not just remain silent.

Are you minding that barbarian? Automatic recourse to thuggery against the final arbiter we are all bound over to respect (the Court) must not be allowed to stand in any Nation conscious of how anarchic behaviour can snowball and enshrine lawlessness as has happened with Nigeria. Not even the most die-hard PDP fan should have a problem with Falana's utterance. Yet the Chadian Alhaji is lower than even a Goat in reasoning.

10 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Goandie: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2014

See what moni can do 2 pple make dem think witout usin their brain.
My question 2 u
When nd why did u 2 sell ur own soul for moni, pls do not lie coz it is a faceless forum

9 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 10:16am On Sep 29, 2014
Goandie:
See what moni can do 2 pple make dem think witout usin their brain.
My question 2 u
When nd why did u 2 sell ur own soul for moni, pls do not lie coz it is a faceless forum

What money, are this dumb. Who even knows alj harem of nairaland not to talk bribing me.

A beg cmont my face

5 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Tlontin(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2014
WHEN I READ SOME PEOPLE'S COMMENT.I FEEL SORRY FOR 9JA

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Federal Ministry Of Power's Statement On The Blackout On The National Grid. / Kemi Adeosun Picks Her APC Membership Card In Ogun (Photos) / Suspected Transborder Kidnapper Nabbed In Kwara Forest With Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.