Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana (39145 Views)

Buhari Has No Hand In Impeachment Crisis – Fayose / Ekiti Crisis: Fayose Sacks Perm Sec / Ekiti Crisis: APC Lawmakers Gives Terms For Truce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by ShagariAbacha: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ahmeduana:
NO, FAYOSE IS NOT A THUG, IT HAPPENS THAT HE HAVE THE REMEDY TO THE UN-CURABLE MADNESS OF apc!
If I start with you and your PDP nematodes now, dem go ban this account too. Whether you like it or not, fayose is a political thug, look at the havoc he's caused and you can clearly see that his mentality is not fit for democracy at all.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
@gbawe and other ignorant nairalanders. Trust me, you do not know the level of corruption, election manipulation and oppression going on in the SW states. Most of you are abroad or not faced with reality

Falana and Soyinka have sold their souls for a cheap biscuit call money. Those two agbayas are traitors to yorubas.

Need I say more

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2014
Let me reassure you that I am neither apc or PDP. I am not paid like gbawe and co. I will tell you the truth as it is

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
edogirl2:

Actually, with over 30 years untarnished reputation fighting for our human rights (me, you, and everyone else), I would like to think that Mr Falana is to be respected for his contribution to our life as a nation.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in him because unlike our thieving politicians, he's probably not rich enough to come home to Ilawe now and again to distribute rice, ankara etc. Mr Falana is a man of modest means. I also think we need to move away from demanding that townsmen and women must 'benefit' from an individual for that individual to matter in society. You are effectively asking this guy to be corrupt, otherwise where will he get the money to 'benefit' Ilawe people?

Please be assured that many of us who have witnessed his sacrifices for us the people are eternally grateful to God that he was and continue to be on our side (the ordinary people of this country).

I liked this post because regardless of the matter at hand i feel nothing but great respect and admiration for the person of Femi Falana. A man who dedicated his whole life to the service of the common man.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by dannysoya: 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
This right here is the problem with Nigeria.

HOW on earth has this thug not been detained yet? He supervised the ASSAULT of a Legal official and he is still roaming the streets even getting prepared for his inauguration. Wasn't this man part of a very high-profile corruption scandal only a few years back? Yet he has somehow found his way BACK in the governor's house in the same state where openly robbed the citizenry. Just amazing the way this country works sometimes.

And we have people on this thread DEFENDING HIM. Unbelievable.

Yet everyday we get the same people blinded by "patriotism" telling us Nigeria will get better. How can the country get better when some of us still condone men like Fayose?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe2: 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

Btw, I quoted you against my best judgement since quoting internet trolls and debris is not my kind of thing..

Pay no mind to the divisive Chadian trying to use the name of Gani wihout realising what the revered lawyer really thought of Fayose. Gani would probably be more vociferous than Falana, in condemnation of rhe antics of Fayose, if alive today
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

Of course has to deal with other arms of government to have lows passed and legislation moved, but this is not our immediate problem.

We know he wont be surrounding himself with criminals, convicts, and fugitives, he wont be hiring crooks and criminals under EFCC investigation, he wont be protecting crooks and incompetent people and giving them National awards...

The problem starts with the president and chief law enforcement officer and the tone he sets. It' starts with the kind of people he appoints to head government agencies and law enforcement like the EFCC, IG police, police commission, port authority, pensions board where they loot funds everyday and so on..

GEJ proved beyond any kind of doubts that he is comfortable and feels very much at home with crooks, criminals, convicts and international fugitives. If you are a crook under EFCC investigation today, join GEJ's party or make friend with him and you are off the hook, no more EFCC charges.

Again, leadership sets the tone. It's all about the atmosphere the leadership creates and GEJ in front of Nigerians and the rest of the world created a very corrupt and incompetent atmosphere which emboldens crooks in his government and circle to loot openly unchallenged.

All these coming from someone whose Patron Saint and paymaster is a drug money launderer who forfeited $460,000 bank account balance to US authorities to pay off his crime shocked
What manner of HYPOCRISY

BTW, you should ask your JagaBandit who sold RibaduN's ACN votes in the south west + Edo for a plate of porridge in Aso Rock in 2011 angry
Yeye dey smell!!!
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arresa: 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
[s]
anonimi:

All these coming from someone whose Patron Saint and paymaster is a drug money launderer who forfeited $460,000 bank account balance to US authorities to pay off his crime shocked
What manner of HYPOCRISY

BTW, you should ask your JagaBandit who sold RibaduN's ACN votes in the south west + Edo for a plate of porridge in Aso Rock in 2011 angry
Yeye dey smell!!!
[/s]

Please keep your internet rumor and rubbish to yourself and your kind.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OAM4J: 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

When I say we, I mean people of the SW.

I dont think SW as a group or any group at all beside Ekitians has a say on who becomes the Governor of Ekiti State. If the Ekitians prefer a thug and a murder suspect to a refined gentleman because of bags of rice and N2k, then it is their cup of tea. I mean even if they don't want APC, the LP Opeyemi guy is by far better than the thug they voted for IMO.

I am from SW too, and if I can speak for SW and make them decide for Ekiti, I will send Fayose to prison with hard labour....but then neither you nor I can also speak for SW and SW cannot also speak for Ekiti. Get me?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by pentagonal: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem:

When I say we, I mean people of the SW.

idi0t you have claim every ethnic group in this country. you are the classic definition of federal character. you will still be shamed out of here like chino.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by IbokUtoroh(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:

Of course has to deal with other arms of government to have lows passed and legislation moved, but this is not our immediate problem.

We know he wont be surrounding himself with criminals, convicts, and fugitives, he wont be hiring crooks and criminals under EFCC investigation, he wont be protecting crooks and incompetent people and giving them National awards...

The problem starts with the president and chief law enforcement officer and the tone he sets. It' starts with the kind of people he appoints to head government agencies and law enforcement like the EFCC, IG police, police commission, port authority, pensions board where they loot funds everyday and so on..

GEJ proved beyond any kind of doubts that he is comfortable and feels very much at home with crooks, criminals, convicts and international fugitives. If you are a crook under EFCC investigation today, join GEJ's party or make friend with him and you are off the hook, no more EFCC charges.

Again, leadership sets the tone. It's all about the atmosphere the leadership creates and GEJ in front of Nigerians and the rest of the world created a very corrupt and incompetent atmosphere which emboldens crooks in his government and circle to loot openly unchallenged.

did ibirogba join pdp before his court case was strike off?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by anonimi: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa: [s][/s]

Please keep your internet rumor and rubbish to yourself and your kind.

Na rumour sey your Oga forfeit $460,000 rather than go to jail in the US

You need to remember the saying that:

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
pentagonal:

idi0t you have claim every ethnic group in this country. you are the classic definition of federal character. you will still be shamed out of here like chino.

Aljbokoharem will get his day of justice same as the ultra-divisive Chino met with the same fate. When you are a person of conviction, then some will love and hate you in life. You will then always have enemies and allies. When you are like AljBokoharem and Chino, i.e divisive and deceitful with an agenda of always promoting disunity, then everyone will tire of your ways and reject you in the end.

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
olu77: Fayose has shown by his action that he is not fit to govern in a democratic dispensation.
why dont u guys just allow da sleeping dogs lie in peace? Fayose isnt fit to govern but da ppl of ekiti elected him as their gov...if da apc n their obviosly brooding n pensive lots got a problem n some case with fayose,why da hell did they wait till now that hes bn elected gov? U guys are true trouble making rascals.. apc n their supporters shud pls let fayose be....

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Walspring: 4:02pm On Sep 29, 2014
I can see alot of foolish fools saying rubbish here because they cant think at all and they only read and comment. Lets leave sentimental here and we should ask ourselves the real question cos i dont like politics and you guys should stop unnecessary argument and say the facts

I wonder why a sitting governor cant not secure the court proceeding with enough security guards when he knew what they are doing there is in favour...

All of you arguing here do you ever think or ask yourself while securities are not enough or available during the court proceeding Is it not the governor in a state that control the security affairs? Who control the state security is it Fayemi or Fayose So something is wrong somewhere if Fayemi secure the court for just mere thugs to invade there...

If you dont know maybe you should all be aware that Fayose, Fayemi, Ayo daramola and co are the same paddy... If Fayose let the cat out of the bag, it will bounce back on fayemi, Although you people might not understand that statement.

If care is not taking, Military will take over from Fayemi (state of emergency) to restore orderliness and peace then Pdp will be swear in and no more court case...

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2014
each and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion
....we Ekiti knows what we want,my dad met the said slapped judge in person @ omuo,he said he wasnt assaulted nor slapped.
Apc @ work

3 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Jhayeahsam01(m): 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
hey
hissss
hixxxx
pls wia can i see a bike man to convey me to shekau place
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by macof(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Falana and soyinka have sold their souls for a house in ikoyi

Moreover soyinka son is an SA in ogun state

You see how stu.pid they are ?

Is falana in ekiti to already be accusing fayose.

Partisan politics since money done enter pocket

So wat concerns Soyinka and his son with this? undecided

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by macof(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
All those accusing fayose are pathetic, you either bring proof or go hug transformer because Fayose is our governor

4 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by arresa: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2014
dannysoya: This right here is the problem with Nigeria.

HOW on earth has this thug not been detained yet? He supervised the ASSAULT of a Legal official and he is still roaming the streets even getting prepared for his inauguration. Wasn't this man part of a very high-profile corruption scandal only a few years back? Yet he has somehow found his way BACK in the governor's house in the same state where openly robbed the citizenry. Just amazing the way this country works sometimes.

And we have people on this thread DEFENDING HIM. Unbelievable.

Yet everyday we get the same people blinded by "patriotism" telling us Nigeria will get better. How can the country get better when some of us still condone men like Fayose?

Imagine governor elect and chief law enforcement officer parading around with thugs and standing by while thugs and criminal elements violate the law, beat up judges and did nothing to stop them or make sure the court police stop and arrest them, he did not denounce or distance himself from their actions.

As dirty and shameful this is to the Nigerian judiciary system, the National AG is looking the other way and yet to condemn or denounce what happened in Ekiti, even the president care less...

We know this is a very lawless country, but this is getting way way out of hand...

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2014
arresa:
Imagine governor elect and chief law enforcement officer parading around with thugs and standing by while thugs and criminal elements violate the law, beat up judges and did nothing to stop them or make sure the court police stop and arrest them, he did not denounce or distance himself from their actions.
As dirty and shameful this is to the Nigerian judiciary system, the National AG is looking the other way and yet to condemn or denounce what happened in Ekiti, even the president care less...
We know this is a very lawless country, but this is getting way way out of hand..

We all know the score.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=188855

Exposed: How Judicial Crisis In Ekiti Affects Jonathan’s Second Term Bid – The Role Of Fayose

The All Progressives Congress in Osun State has said that the attack on the judiciary in Ekiti State is an alleged plan of President Goodluck Jonathan to cause crisis in the South West in a bid to capture the region and win the 2015 presidential election. The Director of Publicity, Research and Strategy of the APC in Osun State, Mr. Kunle Oyatomi, said this in a statement he made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday.

The APC also described the governor-elect in Ekiti State, Mr. Ayo Fayose, as the arrowhead of the Peoples Democratic Party’s alleged plan to execute the plan of the President. The party which accused Fayose of being behind the attack on the court in Ekiti State said such attack portended a grave danger to the nation’s democracy except those behind it were brought to justice quickly.

The statement read, “The fact that Federal Government security officials stood by and watched while Fayose and his rampaging horde of thugs were beating up judges and lawyers in the premises of the hallowed chambers is clear indication that the PDP Federal Government is complicit. Politicians should rally and impress it on President Goodluck Jonathan that if this judicial sacrilege in Ekiti presages his intention for seeking a second term in office, it could well be the beginning of the end of democracy and the rule of law in the country.”

“It is therefore imperative not only that Fayose and his thugs should be made accountable, everything should be done to persuade President Jonathan that[b] no Federal Government has survived creating anarchy in the West. The earlier this lesson is learnt by the Jonathan administration, the better for democracy in Nigeria.[/b] Ayo Fayose should be closely watched because he appears to represent PDP’s game plan of using the rule of the jungle to capture and sustain itself in power. Fayose is possibly the arrowhead of that strategy in the South West.”
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by free2ryhme: 4:15pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ekiti people have used their hand to do themselves for a bowl of rice
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by tomakint: 4:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

Shut up. Mumu. You are ugly and unkept and that is now proven beyond doubt. Face your front abeg. Dude can't even afford a decent haircut and decent clothing yet will come here insulting others. No wonder you are always frustrated and angry. It must suck to be that ugly because even prostitute will say "oti oo, mba I no dey do".
MUMUni stop spamming my mention abi na me curse you with 'law of diminishing returns' ni ugly baboon, agba osi ala inironu

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
aljharem: Let me reassure you that I am neither apc or PDP. I am not paid like gbawe and co. I will tell you the truth as it is
You may not be paid; but it's a lie that you are neither APC nor PDP.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 4:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
MUMUni stop spamming my mention abi na me curse you with 'law of diminishing returns' ni ugly baboon, agba osi ala inironu

Now that you mentioned it, do you know you actually look like a Baboon? A very ugly one at that? Oponu. Perhaps you should start wearing a paper bag over your head to minimise the number of people who pass out daily and are hospitalised from the shock of seeing your hideous face. Oponu. By the way,what is with the bloodshot eyes? Are you a drug addict as well? With all your 'disadvantage' you want to make issues worse taking drugs? Cursed mofo.

2 Likes

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gbawe2:

Please lay emotions aside. Can it be proven that Fayose was disqualified from running as a candidate? If yes then the law should be upheld even if APC is a major beneficiary of this development. If no, then the case against Fayose will be dismissed and he will sworn in as Governor for a 4-year term. The substantive point, for every law-abiding Nigerian, is that the Court should be allowed to deliberate and give a verdict without intimidation from lawless individuals seeking to pre-empt the ruling of a competent court of law. I concede that Fayose won and is the choice of Ekiti folks but the PDP, by fielding a candidate that is possibly barred from contesting an election, may have left themselves open to an 'uppercut' the opposition can legally take advantage of. That, without sentiments, is ow it works in reality worldwide and thuggery should not be allowed to make Nigeria different.
Is there a proof that fayose brought thugs to court
Or was it just the masses that took laws into their own hands.

1 Like

Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Ilaje44(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
edogirl2:

Actually, with over 30 years untarnished reputation fighting for our human rights (me, you, and everyone else), I would like to think that Mr Falana is to be respected for his contribution to our life as a nation.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed in him because unlike our thieving politicians, he's probably not rich enough to come home to Ilawe now and again to distribute rice, ankara etc. Mr Falana is a man of modest means. I also think we need to move away from demanding that townsmen and women must 'benefit' from an individual for that individual to matter in society. You are effectively asking this guy to be corrupt, otherwise where will he get the money to 'benefit' Ilawe people?

Please be assured that many of us who have witnessed his sacrifices for us the people are eternally grateful to God that he was and continue to be on our side (the ordinary people of this country).

Young woman, if there's indeed a God, I see no reason why he shouldn't bless you for the intellectual sanity displayed in the above quoted statement.

Nigeria is a pathetic country full of pathetic people. People only think about their stomach, and the result is the mess the country's in.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
tomakint:
I dey jare my brother....these APShit he-goats here are really working their azzes up to stay relevant as election approaches. Guess what, the moment APC lost Ondo to Mimiko, I knew Ekiti is next and I can reveal that Oyo and Lagos is already in PDP's hands!
Instead of APC to go back to the drawing board and start strategizing for 2015, they are fighting over a lost cause. Osun, APC's strongest foothold struggled in the last election. PDP would have won if they presented a candidate more popular.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
My professor was right, it can be argued that democracy is not the best form of government. Franchise which it ensures may give the electorate the power to elect a politician with questionable character over a more qualified one.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Gbawe: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2014
saxywale:
Is there a proof that fayose brought thugs to court
Or was it just the masses that took laws into their own hands.

Bro, is this now common occurrence in Yorubaland? I.e "masses" taking the law "into their own hands" when a conclusive judgement has not been delivered against Fayose? We know masses can riot over an unfavourable outcome but it is only thugs, perhaps instructed to ensure court proceedings do not go ahead, who will behave in this disruptive manner. Think about it for a minute. Are you now saying the masses of the SW are ALUU-style lawless thugs and anarchists who cannot even defer to the judicial process?
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Ilaje44(m): 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Opiosko: I don't think u followed this matter well. Pls try and read the parties argument..... There is a saying that "the court/judge must not only do justice, but must ensure that it must seem that justice has been done". The presiding judge should not have fixed his judgment day in such a way to make an appeal impossible before the inaguration day since his judgment is not final on the case. The court should not be seen as favouring one party otherwise it's not justices but robbing Peter to pay Paul.
All over the world, Judges have the liberty to decide when to hear, to continue to hear, and to give their verdicts on a proceeding they preside over. If anyone feels the time set by the presiding judge is unreasonable, and your lawyers can't convince the Judge to reschedule the appointment, I think the law also provide an avenue to seek a restraining injunction from a competent court. You can even get the case withdrawn from the particular judge, if you can proof that he was biased in deciding the date of the hearing.

At least that's how it's in a country that is not ridden with lawlessness as we have in Nigeria. Soon, everyone that's financially capable will have their own personal army, and lawlessness will multiply.
Re: EKITI CRISIS: Fayose; Another ‘idi Amin Of Uganda’ – Femi Falana by Dayjhihannon01(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2014
olu77: Fayose has shown by his action that he is not fit to govern in a democratic dispensation.
you can now remove him, ur majesty. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Politicians Desmond Elliot & Prof Osinbajo Take Campaign To Surulere (photos) / Governors Ask Buhari To Take 33 Steps To Rescue Nigeria’s Economy (Full List) / Children Hold Rally For Nnamdi Kanu's Release In Rivers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.