Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (39387 Views)

Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by destante(f): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ops post jes reeks of nauseating hypocrisy.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by yungmill(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Well that's OK. I'm assuming you'll bring in the most income, drive his car to the mechanics for repair, wash all the cars in the house, be responsible for where he and the kids will live, security, bring out money every now and then, buy gifts for him as often as you can even though your shirts are torn, walk through the entire city trying to make things better for the family, stand to take insults and external threats at the family, lead the entire family without making foolish mistakes, drive him every time you both have to go out, be the one to get, negotiate and monitor all physically stressful tasks done by artisans, stand on the watch at night when there's robbery in the neighborhood, stand in the way of anyone trying to harm him or the kids, open all tight locks in the house because no one else could , worry about work, worry about money caring for both in laws, worry about the income coming in to better the lives in the family, worry about getting the best schools and paying the fees, worry about satisfying a naggy partner and be the one to satisfy him in bed... undecided undecided undecided

Have you ever heard to be a man is not a day job?
Well good news for you, if you want to be equated as me....

Fly back to the time you were born and experience my hard and thorough upbringing till date, and make sure u come out of the challenges alive. Please bring a d*ck along else...

SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET YOUR BUTT IN THE KITCHEN angry angry angry

Am not all in on d insults but God bless u 4 d rest brother

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: benromeo39 you should stop picking on that lady sad
hehe, okay ma'am.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: God bless you! I wish to marry someone like carefreewannabe, I really wish cheesy .

I know. cheesy cheesy
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Misogynist2014(m): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
destante: Ops post jes reeks of nauseating hypocrisy.
Marry me! And I will make you taste how sweet hell is. cheesy
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by golddeejay(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
this topic reminds me of my ex...we love each other but she cant cook. Tho i was eager to put her thru some stuffs but she preferred to hide her ignorance wit arrogance. She said cooking is both the responsibility of a man n woman...she even tried to back it with smth frm the quran(wch i blif she is wrong tho am a xtian). Then i kno we cant just work. The shortest way to a man heart is thru his tummy. If u cant cook a good meal for ur hubby n he starts falling for a young girl hu kno hw to fill the space u r leaving. Then u start crying MEN ARE CHEAT!!! If u cant cook as a single, dnt hide ur ignorance n irresponsiblity(yea,if u r teen already n u still cant cook...u r irresponsible) behind arrogance. Learn nw...ur marriage n happiness may depend on it

5 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Well worded...

D picture of equality most of them av in their heads will neva happen.

I don't blame some of these girls.I blame the guys lying to dem(I don't blame dem toocheesy).The guys make it seem as tho dey don't care abt culinary skills.Wen itz time to settle down,dey look for a proper girl(400yrds wife material).By den,d girls woulda been approaching 27,28 and desperation sets in.

Itz d same tin dat happens to d so called fine girls.We see our older cousins wit fine chics in those days and wen itz time for marriage,dey walk down d aisle wit sum1 not as fine and we wonder-why nauundecided

Guys would remain guys.They can play around and catch fun but be not decieved;wen itz time to settle down,we pick based on qualities.

Don't mind these airheads. When married men start staying with mistresses who cook good, or get their mums, to come live with them - they'll start crying about infidelity, and lack of respect for the wife. It's hard out here in these streets - and there's nothing better than going back to a good woman, that will feed you with good food - after a long day at work.

I've got a restaurant where I get food from every weekend - and I love the women in there to death because the food is magical. Shyte, I just go in there to crack jokes with them - and chat about all kinds of things. Heck, they now give me discount.

They honestly don't know being a good cook actually takes their ratings to stratosphere. Food is very important! cool

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
No sane man wants a woman who sits @ home either.

Are u saying u reject "upkeep" money from your husband?
BananaBender:

You are the one that needs to get out of that cave you live in? Is this the 1800s??

Women were already working in the corporate world in the early 1900s. In fact, I'm sure we were working as factory workers in the late 1800s.

Where do you live that your women don't work? After all the slaving in school, I will sit at home to do what??

I am not a baby, I have been paying my bills before I got married, I would not allow marriage change that.

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by seyipeters(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
BananaBender: @op: I agree with you.

Any man that cannot cook is also very irresponsible and not fit to be a man.

It is part of the responsibility of a man to learn how to cook as he is growing up either from his mother or his father. So when a man fails to acquire the cooking skills as he is growing up, he has failed in his responsibility and therefore not responsible because he might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I get angry when with the statement " Women should teach their husbands that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous! If a man don't know how to prepare a particular food the woman likes very much, that's a different case but to say he don't know how to cook... he is worth nothing, because he has wasted over 10 to 15 years to learn part of his responsibility...

A man that can't cook clearly shows, he never assisted his father in the kitchen or his father don't know how to cook. That man shouldn't be taken seriously because he will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.
Lol...like seriously...I like this..Every1 should know how to cook..I can and I dnt depend on Any lady to cook for me b4 I can eat..Ish

4 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by chlowi(f): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
geophyscist: opkonu!!!

What ever that means!! Same goes for You and family smiley
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by claremont(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
I agree with the OP. It is ingrained in the African culture that an African woman MUST know how to cook, this is her basic responsibility to her husband. The basic responsibility of the African man is to provide the resources needed to cook, a man who is unable to fulfill this role has failed himself and his family. It is not chauvinistic for an African man to expect that his wife/partner is able to cook, it is an accepted cultural norm that cooking is the responsibility of females. As a man, I wouldn't mind assisting my partner in the kitchen, but that doesn't take away the fact that it is HER responsibility; she leads the way in the kitchen, I CHOOSE to follow her or NOT.

An African feminist is better off staying single for life, but if she chooses to get married to a 'proper African man', she should be ready to perform actions that are in line with African culture.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Well that's OK. I'm assuming you'll bring in the most income, drive his car to the mechanics for repair, wash all the cars in the house, be responsible for where he and the kids will live, security, bring out money every now and then, buy gifts for him as often as you can even though your shirts are torn, walk through the entire city trying to make things better for the family, stand to take insults and external threats at the family, lead the entire family without making foolish mistakes, drive him every time you both have to go out, be the one to get, negotiate and monitor all physically stressful tasks done by artisans, stand on the watch at night when there's robbery in the neighborhood, stand in the way of anyone trying to harm him or the kids, open all tight locks in the house because no one else could , worry about work, worry about money caring for both in laws, worry about the income coming in to better the lives in the family, worry about getting the best schools and paying the fees, worry about satisfying a naggy partner and be the one to satisfy him in bed... undecided undecided undecided

Have you ever heard to be a man is not a day job? Well good news for you, if you want to be equated as me....

Fly back to the time you were born and experience my hard and thorough upbringing till date, and make sure u come out of the challenges alive. Please bring a d*ck along else...

SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET YOUR BUTT IN THE KITCHEN angry angry angry

Who are you telling to shut up? If I smack you, you'll find yourself in the kitchen. Nonsense! angry

I don't believe in gender roles. I am the one responsible for my car now, that would not change during my marriage and if it does, it is because we both agree to that. Who washes my car now? Me!

No man can use something as stup1d as going to the car wash to intimidate me, that's bullocks!

If your gf or wife doesn't take you out once in a while, or buy you gifts, I'm sorry. That must suck undecided

I don't believe that there is a preordained job a man is suppose to do in a marriage or a preordained job a woman is suppose to do. You guys are suppose to work as a team and come up with your own rules. Come up with something that works for you guys, and do not limit your kids.

Make sure there is a balance. Let your children know how to do every house hold chores regardless of their gender. Stop telling your female child that kitchen is her duty and telling your male child, car washing is his. The best chef we have in this world is a male. He learnt from his parents(mom). If she was narrow-minded like you, her son would have missed his purpose in life. He would have been chasing empty dreams. Teach your children all that you know, let them know the varieties in life, let them know that every and all things is within their reach. Do not close the minds of your children.

I'm sorry for your hardship, it's not my fault that you went through hardship. Life is not suppose to be hard for a child. I am happy you came out of it alive, make sure your children do not go through the same hardship.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by xp17(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I live in Germany so I have gender-equality without having even fought for it.

Now it's time for my beautiful Nigerian sisters to enjoy it too. wink cool

You would benefit more from gender equality than lose from it and one day you will understand it, hopefully.
depending on your definition of gender equality. if you re referring to showing no gender disparity in holding public positions, that you are right, but if you are talking about it from a family point of view , you are wrong madam. a man is the head of a family, even Chancellor, Angela Merkel of your so-called Germany would agree with me on this. don't mind those things you see on the television or listen on the radio, they are all lies. feminism ll only make you to to be fvcked by an enormous enumerated number of men, just like the Kardashians, no one man ll accept this bullshitt, hence multiple marriages.

Michelle Obama ll only talk it on air, meanwhile, she does her home work with much joy, follows her husband like a zombie where ever he goes, but listeners like you who don't know the rules of the game are used as scapegoats. hope you remembered how Hilary Clinton covered up for her husband, during the saga of her husband and his secretary? the same Hilary vying for presidency.
even the ex dutch queen, Beatrix had to resign for her son to pick up the mantle, because she knows the rules of the game.

see dear, women are no lesser gender though, but in family settings, I'll give it to men, anytime anyday to head it. forget about whether 15th or 21st century, men are men and women are women, and they both have their roles in the family.

the leading cause of obesity , using Germany as a case study, is as a result of women aparty from the kitchen, and substituting it to fast food. modern kids are becoming vincible and susceptible to the slightest ailment, and medical bills skyrocketing, because someone is fighting a mirage and putting the kids lives in the line to achieve uncertainty.
you don't need to go into a marriage to "fight" , just make yourself available to be respected by your man, trust me, you will earn back x2 every respect you put into your marriage.

sorry to burst this little secret about jonathan, he eats food made by his wife and oga jona doesn't have access to his wife's kitchen. make we stop all these incessant dogmatic battle, it would only make rooms for broken homes and increases the violent rate, because kids from such homes are most likely to notorious in mischievous acts.

anyways, it's none of my business
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Idealworld(f): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
;DI thank God I cn cook and ma future hubby wld so enjoy me #sshining ma teeth#
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nobleval: undecided
grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:

What is "upkeep" money? Do I pay him "upkeep" money too?

My husband and I should be well aware of each other's finances. We should be responsible for the "upkeep" equally.

What the fvck is that?
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Wahala90: 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Surprised that some women are crying over this. You mean you don't know how to cook? Goooosh.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by destante(f): 4:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
Misogynist2014: Marry me! And I will make you taste how sweet hell is. cheesy
keep your sweet hell sir, I'll pass cheesy
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by IamSimi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Unfollows thread

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Alexander01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
9ja women no get tym 4 kitchen
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
BananaBender the sholly

The only guy on here who has supported your views is "CFCfan."

And can you even date a guy like the guy? - I'd bet everything on it that you'll never go near him. That only should show you how to separate a real from a fake. White knights, manginas, and sissified guys - and your ideology are two parallel lines. Yet they're the only ones who always tend to align with the idiocy of turning everything that's just normal - to "us" vs. "them" - with inane political correctness.

Allow it, man - and get real. I love good food, to perform my job as a black man. grin

P.S: not saying women belong in the kitchen - but you gotta know how to cater to your man. And good food is highly important, especially if he can't cook.

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by IamSimi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
Geez! Who the hell cares

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
If @ bolded can happen btw a bachelor and a restaurant,I can only imagine wat would happen btw a family man and a mistressgrin

They shuld undastand that there is no competition.Both of us(man and woman) just av roles to play in raising a family and by extension nurturing a society.

The oyinbos dat many of dem are tryna copy take care of d husbands;they cook while d men do maintenance...a good woman wuld do d necessary to keep her home.
If sumtin as little as not cooking causes a home to break up,all fingers will def point @ d woman.#Shikena
shymexx:

I've got a restaurant where I get food from every weekend - and I love the women in there to death because the food is magical. Shyte, I just go in there to crack jokes with them - and chat about all kinds of things. Heck, they now give me discount.

They honestly don't know being a good cook actually takes their ratings to stratosphere. Food is very important! cool
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by mamateniola1: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Op, are you aware the chef that just got a national award in Abuja is a man like you? Am not sure you know otherwise this topic shouldn't comr from any man at this time!! Gosh some men still live in the wilderness-in the day's of old. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
xp17: depending on your definition of gender equality. if you re referring to showing no gender disparity in holding public positions, that you are right, but if you are talking about it from a family point of view , you are wrong madam. a man is the head of a family, even Chancellor, Angela Merkel of your so-called Germany would agree with me on this. don't mind those things you see on the television or listen on the radio, they are all lies. feminism ll only make you to to be fvcked by an enormous enumerated number of men, just like the Kardashians, no one man ll accept this bullshitt, hence multiple marriages.

Angela Merkel is a woman who divorced her first husband OUT OF HER WILL and married a second one.
She hasn't got kids and I don't think you know what she would say.

And for your information, I have my own head.

@bold

So?

Michelle Obama ll only talk it on air, meanwhile, she does her home work with much joy, follows her husband like a zombie where ever he goes, but listeners like you who don't know the rules of the game are used as scapegoats. hope you remembered how Hilary Clinton covered up for her husband, during the saga of her husband and his secretary? the same Hilary vying for presidency.
even the ex dutch queen, Beatrix had to resign for her son to pick up the mantle, because she knows the rules of the game.

Yeah, and in cases where the woman is the president, the husband follows in developed countries, e.g. Merkel.
And for the Clintons, Mrs Clintion has political power, her husband messed up.

see dear, women are no lesser gender though, but in family settings, I'll give it to men, anytime anyday to head it. forget about whether 15th or 21st century, men are men and women are women, and they both have their roles in the family.

Like I said, I have my own head.

the leading cause of obesity , using Germany as a case study, is as a result of women aparty from the kitchen, and substituting it to fast food. modern kids are becoming vincible and susceptible to the slightest ailment, and medical bills skyrocketing, because someone is fighting a mirage and putting the kids lives in the line to achieve uncertainty.
you don't need to go into a marriage to "fight" , just make yourself available to be respected by your man, trust me, you will earn back x2 every respect you put into your marriage.

Germany, obesity? grin grin grin

I know more fat Nigerians than Germans.

sorry to burst this little secret about jonathan, he eats food made by his wife and oga jona doesn't have access to his wife's kitchen. make we stop all these incessant dogmatic battle, it would only make rooms for broken homes and increases the violent rate, because kids from such homes are most likely to notorious in mischievous acts.

And his wife is as fat as a hippopotamus. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

anyways, it's none of my business

Then why make illogical, misinformed statements?

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Kcdojoto(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Somebody just said that I am stupid, pls just incase if I got my one room apartment in dis page, I will just be proud of my self
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
yungmill:
Who said anything about women working or not working? So because a woman is a cooperate lady she won't cook 4 her family, how will you feel if your husband wakes up one day and says since you are a cooperate lady that he won't be carrying out his duty of protecting and providing for his family how will you feel, am totally disappointed in you, you totally don't know a thing about marriage

For the record you are not the only cooperate lady my mom balanced her work and family, so don't blame ur short comings on work, like u said u aint a kid

'providing and protecting' shouldn't be the job of one person. My husband I share should share that responsibility. I am tired of this archaic bullsh1t you guys are spewing.

I am very disappointed in you too, you know nothing about a marriage that doesn't turn the woman to a slave.

Change your mindset, help your children.

You teach your male kids that providing is his job and you don't teach your female kids the same and you wonder why some naija women look to their boyfriends for money. Or why they go after men with money. Change your poisonous view on marriage. It's sickening!

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Wahala90: Surprised that some women are crying over this. You mean you don't know how to cook? Goooosh.
am surprise ooo... some women will so fail in their husband house... when your mum is cooking, you will be busy on social network... I will see where the social network and forming will take you too...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KAYD007(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
ireneidiva: These men were raised in the bush or what? Of all the problems in this world, this trivality is giving you guys sleepless nights? Jeez!

Say what?? You call this a triviality? It is because of women like you who does not know how to cook the reason why children and women alike are starving with hunger in the dafure region!
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Misogynist2014(m): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:

Don't mind that bonehead called BananaBender, she seems deluded and compares herself with white women, which factory was your great grand father working in, in 1800's. Women are so deluded and stupïd that it is only a baby that can understand their tiny heads.

For your reading pleasure, women have been actively working in Africa since time immemorial but still gives full respect to their hubby. I can't marry a non submissive woman. My wife must be willing and able to cook my food, and care for my children. You are very lucky if you don't marry an iron man, that will beat madness out of your heart.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
shymexx:

Utter tosh!
Blimey - you keep twisting everything to suit your vacuous ideology, and the inane world we live in today, where everything is judged based on idiocy, and political correctness. A world where being human is unacceptable to sociopaths, and we all have to live in a disorderly box created by noisemakers, who view everything with a jaundiced eye.

Well, you can't blame my mum. She raised Kings and Queens. And she understood the need to prioritise what should be done in the house based on societal standards for both sexes, and what male and female children have a natural instinct to be better at - while still maintaining the core values.

Well, she taught me how to fend for myself - and you can't instill that in anyone better than using errands as a catalyst. Hence I'm great at making bargains - and I'm also a great hustler.

I knew my post was going to get you all in your feelings, you are so predictable!

Aside from all the insults you awarded me, the only reasonable thing you said is that "your mother raised you based on societal standards for both sexes).

I don't blame her, we need to change that societal standard. It is one of patriarchy and it limits both genders.

Did you just insinuate that female children are naturally inclined to be better cooks? I refuse to believe you're that ignorant.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

When Your Parents Follow You On Twitter - Photos / Help !! Missing Child (photo) / Edward Amaechi: A Lady In Germany Looking For Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.