Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (39411 Views)

Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Royal30: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
ooppaannkkaa: Knowing how to cook doesn't make anyone responsible.

SECONDED....Op should just bolieve that grin

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by chidieze356(m): 3:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
Man or woman MUST now how to cook. But it is even more important for EVERY WOMEN to know how to cook so far that they have legs, hands and can see, talk and hear otherwise....*Shaking my head****
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Mavelshee(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It may come as a surprise to you but I am a very good cook and for YOUR information to make you stop making wrong assumptions, I cook for my baby and when I cook for him, I cook with a lot of love.

But guess what, he can cook too. And he doesn't question his manhood when he cooks something for me.

And each time he does something for me, I say to myself, I will give it back to him multiple times.

*na wash*
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lmao!cheesy
shymexx:

and whatever she made was so soggy that you could squeeze the rice, and get enough water to drink out of it.

My own case is different.The only female in my family is my mum.I'm d 1st child so I was most of d time present in d kitchen and ss a result,I learnt cooking.I was in JSS wen my mum 1st left the whole kitchen to me-cooked for d entire family dat day.
Didn't eat "buka" food during NYSC tho ate few times in restuarants.

I like cooking and I'm very good at it.I will def cook wit my wife on a regular basis but I will not marry sum1 who can't successfully prepare pap let alone prepare decent soup.At least she must show some potential den I can teach her wat I know.

4 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Royal30:

SECONDED....Op should just bolieve that grin

Well I wanted to challenge OP's stand on that, but I thought to myself :

If a lady doesn't know how to cook it means that

1. She wasn't brought up to do that

2. She doesn't know its a requirement for marriage

3. She never cared to know or learn.

#3 shows a big IRRESPONSIBILITY!

Even me sef wey my mama no dey gree me enter kitchen, I can dazzle tongues with the little I know.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mavelshee:

Any woman who doesn't know how to provide for herself is dvmb because providing is easy.
And how can you NOT know how to buy stuffs for YOURSELF and depend on Guys for this to happen?

Preach it brother! wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by coolviv: 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2014
yungmill:

Can you pls relate what you just wrote to the topic.
Can a boy see his father working in his office when he is in sch learning, kids can learn how to cook from their mother by watching her cook can I child learn how to do what his fathers does like say, flying a plane buy watching his dad!!!
Pls use proper synonyms

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by MrHighSea: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
I c. Put face down, keeps tapping pen on forehead.
Hungry BOYZ talkin, Hungry GIRLZ replyin.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by prowlG: 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cheap Mtn Data bundles!!!
#300 for 250mb
#600 for 500mb
#900 for 750mb
#1200 for 1gb
https://www.nairaland.com/1917369/extremely-cheap-mtn-data-300
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
If cooking is the only defect that makes her irresponsible, why not teach her?
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Dbestmax(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Appswheel: Young man its you living in a absurd world. its a primary role of a woman to care for her family. Cooking is one of it. if a woman cannot cook for her children... what do you call her... no come here dey claim wetin u no be abeg

Heloo...wats der 2 claim here....
Av seen women dat can't cook get married still dey liv hapily in dia homes..
Wake up friend...

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by coolviv: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
[/quote]
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by geophyscist: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
chlowi: grin cheesy grin cheesy male cook, female cook. Cook na cook no matter who cooked!!!
On a more serious note, this cooking issue is stale na
opkonu!!!
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by zoe123: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP your reasoning is a bit irrational, am all for women knowing how to cook n stuff infact ever since I had food poisoning from eating out Omo I prefer my own meal my guy loves me for that. But knowing how to cook does not equate being responsible. My SIL spent most of her growing up years in boarding school as a way to avoid her step mom,she's not the best cook but she's d kindest most responsible girl I have ever seen.she's been married to my bros for 12yrs now n we all have contributed in teaching her how to cook. She's good in cleaning a times I wonder if she has OCD,cooking was d only thing she didn't know how to do before now,but she learnt over the years so saying someone like her is irresponsible is plain stupid.

4 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KAYD007(m): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Going theological,when God created Adam, He wasn't bringing food to him from the tantailizers in heaven, Adam was well fed howbeit by self, infact he was so well fed that God had take some flesh off him and make him an EVE.

All I am trying to say's that Man founded the kitchen, established and only relinquished to EVE when she came onto the scene and bestowed the Kitchen upon her as her Ministration upon which his stomach shall be satisfied!

Hmmm, imaginED a woman who doesn't know how to cut onions, who doesn't know how to select beans, per boil rice to wash,does not know how and when to use the different condiments and ingredients of the ingredients,hmm, I mean if she does not know how to wash single UgU, HOW WILL SHE KNOW HOW TO WASH HER V.IGINA FOR ME TO LICK? Chisoooos! is that not high stench of irresponsibility?
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
Opt stop deceiving your self oo,a woman who don't know how to cook is simply abomination not only irresponsible undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by MadCow1: 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Not true...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
shymexx:

Sholly, stop twisting what the OP said. I believe he's right on the money with what he said. Most guys were/are not raised to know how to cook. Especially in households, where there are more female children than male. That was what my house was like growing up, and I never had any business in the kitchen - apart from washing the plates (and that was like a rotational thing), and making microwave and oven foods. Er, maybe, I should be able to cook a-near-decent plain soup - that's about it. I did more of the "male chores" with my pops.

Now, imagine me at this stage of my life going back to my mum's house to learn how to cook. I can't do that. Tried once, and I can't do it. My mum for example cook for hours, chatting on the phone, with all kinds of people - all through the day. And standing there for like 8-10 hours straight is a mission lol.

So, I expect whatever chic I meet to at least know how to cook. Maybe, not as good as some of the great cooks I know.But something decent enough, devoid of food posioning. For example: I've always loved pasta and cheese, and that's one dish I've had all my life. One time some chic came to my house, and she must offered to make it for me. She made it. Got into the kitchen to taste it, and after tasting the crap she made - I hated pasta and cheese for like two years. You know when you see something, and just want to throw-up lol. Another time, my ex must have offered to make jellof rice - and whatever she made was so soggy that you could squeeze the rice, and get enough water to drink out of it. And I had to literally tell her to go back to her mum, and learn how to cook.

Basically, it's hard for a guy to keep living on fast food, take-aways, and oven and microwave foods. Really and truly, cooking is just something every chic MUST know how do, at least at a level that's better than most guys. No one is telling you to be a slave. However, that's what complementing a guy is about. And with time, he'd learn from you. A chic that can't cook is just as useless as the tissue you wipe ya bum with, after taking a good shyte.
guy you made a big point here but your last statement in bold will hit the ladies so hard... but it's the truth shall... but kind of harsh... you just dae vex...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by uzolexis(f): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
chimerase2: If she can't cook as far as I cn cook no wahala
Der is noting dat can make me dislike somebody I fell in luv for den marry her
Even if she put salt for indomie no wahala na my wife material cheesy

I love this comment. Pple need to understand that cooking is the responsibility of both parties. The ability to nourish urself is impt. Afterall women work these days to support the family wc is supposedly the duty of a man. Would u say a man is irresponsible 4 allowing his wife work 2 help in taking care of d financial needs of d family??

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by yungmill(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
coolviv: Message:

I didn't say anything to offend or downgrade anyone can u pls re-read, I only said u should try and relate ur comment to the topic because ur logic was wrong.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Royal30: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
HKCOMPANY: Opt stop deceiving your self oo,a woman who don't know how to cook is simply abomination not only irresponsible undecided

I don't bolieve you shocked
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
slimmy05: Well, I've observed over the years that even lunatic and juveniles like you tend to spew trash on every forums. Keep exposing your crass ignorance and ineptitude. You had better wake up or have yourself live all your life eating burger and barbecue.
lol, poverty-stricken vultures keep paddling words with their intellectual redeemers. What has ineptitude got to do with the discussion? See your gargantuan bloomers at bolded. It is best you get brighter grammar or queen premiere to brush up on your ignorance. You don't know how to join words and you want to use grammar. See a toddler that wants to leave LCM for calculus. grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by midetinz(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Click "Like" if you agree...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Lmao!cheesy
My own case is different.The only female in my family is my mum.I'm d 1st child so I was most of d time present in d kitchen and ss a result,I learnt cooking.I was in JSS wen my mum 1st left the whole kitchen to me-cooked for d entire family dat day.
Didn't eat "buka" food during NYSC tho ate few times in restuarants.

I like cooking and I'm very good at it.I will def cook wit my wife on a regular basis but I will not marry sum1 who can't successfully prepare pap let alone prepare decent soup.At least she must show some potential den I can teach her wat I know.

Lmao...that's what a lot of these chics don't understand. And they think everything is about competition, when in actuality, most things depend on the family make-up and what you were raised to do. In my own case, with four female siblings, joining them in the kitchen - when there are other chores to do wasn't allowed. So, I had to play my own part - by cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, doing the errands etc.. I did wash plates, and I know I'm extremely good at it. grin

I've got a cousin like you, and he cooks better than most women. Heck, every time I'm with him - I always force him to cook for me. Then my dad's somewhat like that as well, and he cooks certain dishes better than my mum, if and when he decides to cook - especially when my mum isn't around.

That's what chics need to get into their thick skulls - not everything is about equality. Certain things just happen due to how folks were raised based on shared responsibilities, and priorities for the sex of the children, in performing certain household duties. It's pointless being politically correct about this, or trying to make it a competitive thing in a pseudo-modern context. Just be a normal woman, devoid of crassness.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
tebirim: You are just selfish.

I am selfish?? Why?? Who doesn't want a husband that is a 'wife material'? Men think they are the only ones that like better thing, me sef I want 'wife material' for a husband.

A man that cannot cook should go and learn from his parents asap. Girls are not smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Well I wanted to challenge OP's stand on that, but I thought to myself :

If a lady doesn't know how to cook it means that

1. She wasn't brought up to do that

2. She doesn't know its a requirement for marriage

3. She never cared to know or learn.

#3 shows a big IRRESPONSIBILITY!

Even me sef wey my mama no dey gree me enter kitchen, I can dazzle tongues with the little I know.

I agree with OP on the word "irresponsible"

Responsibility is a state of being accountable or answerable; an obligation.

A man who will sit at home and not go out to fend for his family is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE and so is a wife that cannot cook !

This is Africa, GBAM!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
zoe123: OP your reasoning is a bit irrational, am all for women knowing how to cook n stuff infact ever since I had food poisoning from eating out Omo I prefer my own meal my guy loves me for that. But knowing how to cook does not equate being responsible. My SIL spent most of her growing up years in boarding school as a way to avoid her step mom,she's not the best cook but she's d kindest most responsible girl I have ever seen.she's been married to my bros for 12yrs now n we all have contributed in teaching her how to cook. She's good in cleaning a times I wonder if she has OCD,cooking was d only thing she didn't know how to do before now,but she learnt over the years so saying someone like her is irresponsible is plain stupid.
what do you mean? There is no excuse for one's inability to cook... so she went to boarding school that she don't come home during holidays? what are you even saying? She also went to a boarding university baaa?... so she was caged in the boarding school that she never visited home...
That woman you re talking about is highly irresponsible... she never wanted to learn so that's the irresponsibility...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
Na people like you dey turn husband to house boy call am help mate.., kiss yimu
BananaBender:

I am selfish?? Why?? Who doesn't want a husband that is a 'wife material'? Men think they are the only ones that like better thing, me sef I want 'wife material' for a husband.

A man that cannot cook should go and learn from his parents asap. Girls are not smiling.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

I agree with OP on the word "irresponsible"

Responsibility is a state of being accountable or answerable; an obligation.

A man who will sit at home and not go out to fend for his family is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE and so is a wife that cannot cook !

This is Africa, GBAM!
you have said it all... calling a spade a spade...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KAYD007(m): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
Odilafta:
I be woman o
I understand you but shey ashawo wey sabi cook dey responsible?

Irresponsibility comes in many ways,ashawo as you put it is one them,so also is a woman who does not know how to prepare meals.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
alutacontinua:

I think I need to log out angry
what's with all these stvpid topics today? undecided
Jeez! angry
I hope you're still logged out grin. I totally agree with the Op. A woman that can't cook is not a wife material. Who would enyoy marrying a lady that doesn't know her way around the kitchen.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: guy you made a big point here but your last statement in bold will hit the ladies so hard... but it's the truth shall... but kind of harsh... you just dae vex...

Lmao...what's the point? You know she can't cook, and she won't cook - and she's more or less just an appendage, with sex appeal. And someone you'll never be enthusiastic about going home to meet, after a long day. Your mind will be pretty much occupied with the time all the restaurants close, than the woman in question.

And when you're desperate about home-made cooked food, you can always consult youtube, or tell ya mum or sisters to text you procedures, though whatever you cook won't taste how you want it. But you won't need her ar.se in the process. grin Well, you can always beg ya mum or sisters to come cook for you - thus reducing her already inconsequential role in your life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (26) (Reply)

I Just Cut The Cord With My Father / Decomposing Corpse Of Woman Found In Her Benin Apartment 9 Days After (Video) / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.