Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,854 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (39413 Views)

Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Many things were different in the beginning.
With all due respect, like...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
esmarcq: And what if she grew maybe in a foster home cooking shouldnt determine how responsible a woman is
it is part of it as an African woman...

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It may come as a surprise to you but I am a very good cook and for YOUR information to make you stop making wrong assumptions, I cook for my baby and when I cook for him, I cook with a lot of love.

But guess what, he can cook too. And he doesn't question his manhood when he cooks something for me.

And each time he does something for me, I say to myself, I will give it back to him multiple times.
dat one na lie! u no sabi.

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ilovenigeria: lol kelvin, knowing how to cook as a woman is very important because its one of those things your husband, children and grandchildren will miss about you. They will always look forward to eating your food. Your husband might get tired of sex at 50 years but he can and will never get tired of your delicious meal.
Thank U jare.

Biko preach it d

But xum galz never know sha... dem think say e get any married man wey like to the eat outside ni. Abi them think say dia husby go continue to the eat outside 4ever? Na condition make crayfish bend oo.

dis gal wey i dey tell U ehn, e got to a point when d dad employed a chef after we left, na d gal come begin vex the complain to me o xay she no know wetin dey do her popsi, say why d man go recruit CHEF when she dey house, dey thing pain her eehngrin
i talk 4 my mind say maybe ur popsi don chop enuf of ur poisongrin

I no even know wetin hard 4 cooking wey some gals no go want learn am self... Even as i sabi cook i no fit marry gal wey no sabi cook...

Every good mother should teach her daughter how to cook o. it is very important here in AFRICA
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
emusmith: With all due respect, like...

Slavery was accepted.
No democracy.
The killing of twins or other people for superstitious reasons.

Many things were different in the past.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
BananaBender: @op: I agree with you.

Any man that cannot cook is also very irresponsible and not fit to be a man.

It is part of the responsibility of a man to learn how to cook as he is growing up either from his mother or his father. So when a man fails to acquire the cooking skills as he is growing up, he has failed in his responsibility and therefore not responsible because he might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I get angry when with the statement " Women should teach their husbands that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous! If a man don't know how to prepare a particular food the woman likes very much, that's a different case but to say he don't know how to cook... he is worth nothing, because he has wasted over 10 to 15 years to learn part of his responsibility...

A man that can't cook clearly shows, he never assisted his father in the kitchen or his father don't know how to cook. That man shouldn't be taken seriously because he will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.

Sholly, stop twisting what the OP said. I believe he's right on the money with what he said. Most guys were/are not raised to know how to cook. Especially in households, where there are more female children than male. That was what my house was like growing up, and I never had any business in the kitchen - apart from washing the plates (and that was like a rotational thing), and making microwave and oven foods. Er, maybe, I should be able to cook a-near-decent plain soup - that's about it. I did more of the "male chores" with my pops.

Now, imagine me at this stage of my life going back to my mum's house to learn how to cook. I can't do that. Tried once, and I can't do it. My mum for example cook for hours, chatting on the phone, with all kinds of people - all through the day. And standing there for like 8-10 hours straight is a mission lol.

So, I expect whatever chic I meet to at least know how to cook. Maybe, not as good as some of the great cooks I know.But something decent enough, devoid of food posioning. For example: I've always loved pasta and cheese, and that's one dish I've had all my life. One time some chic came to my house, and she must offered to make it for me. She made it. Got into the kitchen to taste it, and after tasting the crap she made - I hated pasta and cheese for like two years. You know when you see something, and just want to throw-up lol. Another time, my ex must have offered to make jellof rice - and whatever she made was so soggy that you could squeeze the rice, and get enough water to drink out of it. And I had to literally tell her to go back to her mum, and learn how to cook.

Basically, it's hard for a guy to keep living on fast food, take-aways, and oven and microwave foods. Really and truly, cooking is just something every chic MUST know how do, at least at a level that's better than most guys. No one is telling you to be a slave. However, that's what complementing a guy is about. And with time, he'd learn from you. A chic that can't cook is just as useless as the tissue you wipe ya bum with, after taking a good shyte.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by shaqhead: 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: I meal a woman that can't prepare simple meal for the family... The basic meal that is needed...
Ok we on d same page then bt I think the term "irresponsible" is not jst harsh but way out of line (ur opinion though). As mch as cooking is important in a family, the sum total of wat makes one responsible cannot and should not b judged based ones cullinary skills or even lack of it.

I asked u that question to fynd out if u one of those who are so attached to a particular taste (seems u nt), that no matter how well prepared it is, if the food doesnt taste Yorubaish-Igbotic-Hausaish...then she darn dosnt know how to cook!

I can cook n appreciate ladies who try n can cook n dont c nothin wrng in the man puttin his yf tru if she doesnt knw hw.

Come to think of it: What if Adam had no Eve?

Ladies go and learn how to if u dnt knw hw so dt u dnt get called "irresponsible"!
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ozo13(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It may come as a surprise to you but I am a very good cook and for YOUR information to make you stop making wrong assumptions, I cook for my baby and when I cook for him, I cook with a lot of love.

But guess what, he can cook too. And he doesn't question his manhood when he cooks something for me.

And each time he does something for me, I say to myself, I will give it back to him multiple times.
story story

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by patrickmuf(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't and I have no problem with traditional gender roles. I only have a problem with people telling anyone that they have to stick to them.

Whereas I subscribe to gender equality, I still think it is wrong to compare what's obtainable in Germany with what we have here...In the typical African setting, women have been ascribed the role of cooking just as men cut grasses...With time things may change as globalization gets to our door step but for now, don't force it.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by zoe123: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
Phema: All this rant because of food!?!

Owu na ba$tard!

You just made my day grin
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by butanep(m): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
shaqhead:
Ok we on d same page then bt I think the term "irresponsible" is not jst harsh but way out of line (ur opinion though). As mch as cooking is important in a family, the sum total of wat makes one responsible cannot and should not b judged based ones cullinary skills or even lack of it.

I asked u that question to fynd out if u one of those who are so attached to a particular taste (seems u nt), that no matter how well prepared it is, if the food doesnt taste Yorubaish-Igbotic-Hausaish...then she darn dosnt know how to cook!

I can cook n appreciate ladies who try n can cook n dont c nothin wrng in the man puttin his yf tru if she doesnt knw hw.

Come to think of it: What if Adam had no Eve?

Ladies go and learn how to if u dnt knw hw so dt u dnt get called "irresponsible"!
" what your definition of being irresponsible"...
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Missy89(f): 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
clemz88: taking good care of their wives and children and also providing for all their needs

so why do broke guys get mad that girls are all about money and they are usually supported by their fellow men then?
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by 5minsmadness: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Too many children on Nairaland.
Too many females(f) here pretending to be males(m)
Women, something has to be your responsibility in the house. A sane woman won't enter a marriage expecting her husband to be the one to know how to cook. Its not even normal in foreign countries.

Too many children on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
patrickmuf: Whereas I subscribe to gender equality, I still think it is wrong to compare what's obtainable in Germany with what we have here...In the typical African setting, women have been ascribed the role of cooking just as men cut grasses...With time things may change as globalization gets to our door step but for now, don't force it.

I never said Nigerians have to copy everything from Germany or any other country.

These two countries can hardly be compared BUT I see no reason why women should be treated like "lesser beings" anywhere.

And for your information, even in Germany majority of married women with kids stick to rather traditional role divisions.
You will see many women in kitchens on a Saturday afternoon and many men doing garden work, for example.
The difference is that they are free to decide if they want to stick to a traditional role and the difference is that they are supported if they decide not to.

And if a woman works then it's not her responsibility alone to do the chores and the cooking.
People do what is pragmatic instead of sticking to fixed roles because some men are insecure and think that doing the laundry makes them less of a man.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ghettodreamz(m): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Time for them to learn how to cook in the kitchen, bunch of them are busy nairalanding.

It is the sole responsibility of a lady of the house to cook and prepare food for her hubby and the children, the hubby helping with kitchen chores is not mandatory but necessary and has nothing to do with cooking at all.

Any lady who can't cook has missed it. Is either she wasn't brought up well by her mother, she learnt little or nothing under the tutelage of her mother during kitchen sessions while growing up as a teen.

5 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Vado(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Think the op chose a bad adjective but I get his point though. Cooking is an essential feature and let not kid ourselves, naturally, it's a perogative of a woman. It's evident even in the animal world. Don't know why naija feminists be getting unnecessarily defensive and fighting a lost cause as if we are their adversaries. Even in the West, they haven't taken civilization foolishly this far. This is not "Us versus You", this is "You versus Nature" and I wish ya'll goodluck in that campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
You are just selfish.
BananaBender: @op: I agree with you.

Any man that cannot cook is also very irresponsible and not fit to be a man.

It is part of the responsibility of a man to learn how to cook as he is growing up either from his mother or his father. So when a man fails to acquire the cooking skills as he is growing up, he has failed in his responsibility and therefore not responsible because he might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I get angry when with the statement " Women should teach their husbands that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous! If a man don't know how to prepare a particular food the woman likes very much, that's a different case but to say he don't know how to cook... he is worth nothing, because he has wasted over 10 to 15 years to learn part of his responsibility...

A man that can't cook clearly shows, he never assisted his father in the kitchen or his father don't know how to cook. That man shouldn't be taken seriously because he will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Stop stressing yourself OP.

Women and feminism no dey end. But I like many of them because they know the truth.

They know its a prerequisite for marriage to a REAL MAN. Only indomie boys would take a non cooking wife - just for a while sha.

Feminist will change the focus of the topic to " a man who can't cook is useless" cheesy cheesy cheesy That's their way.

It just pains me that majority of these feminists have good homes and marriages, knowing the right thing to do, while they come online to chant "girl power"

An African lady will be STUPID not to know that with good food, the chances of loosing your man to late nights or strange women is low.

Cooking good food is about the most vital luggage you need to pack when going to your husband's house.

MAKE UNA DEY LIE DECEIVE YOURSELVES O. You never tey before marriage!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
lexy2920: Food is food,
There are food$there are food.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Wristler: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
I hate Stereotypes..... Seriously, any man hat can't shout a gun is irresponsible too angry
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Appswheel(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Absolutely Irresponsible! Those kin ones na hin de claim feminist! if you are a woman and cannot cook, you are worse than a harlot.

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Kenneth457(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
A woman who cannot cook is not a wife materia. Some can cook but many now, can not cook.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Appswheel(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Dbestmax: Op wia are u...15th century?
Young man its you living in a absurd world. its a primary role of a woman to care for her family. Cooking is one of it. if a woman cannot cook for her children... what do you call her... no come here dey claim wetin u no be abeg

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Royal30: 3:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
butanep: Any woman that can't cook is highly irresponsible and not also fit to be called a woman. It is part of the responsibility of a woman to learn how to cook as she is growing up either from her mother or foster-mother.

So when a woman fail to acquire the cooking skills as she is growing up, she has failed in her responsibility and therefore not responsible because she might end up producing children that are also irresponsible.

I dont believe it because majority of the women that can cook are also irresponsible and worst....your topic shd be Most women that cant cook are irresponsible

I get angry when with the statement " Men should teach their wife that don't know how to cook". That is ridiculous. If a woman don't know how to prepare a particular food the man like very much, that's a different case but to say she don't know how to cook... she is worth nothing,because she has wasted over 10 to 15 years to lean part of her responsibility...

A woman that can't cook clearly shows, she never assisted her mother in the kitchen or her mother don't know how to cook. That woman shouldn't be taken seriously because she will bring up children that are irresponsible as well.

THRASH....I don't believe these because majority of the women that can cook are also highly irresponsible in other ways and even worst....

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
nestaolive: @op, and any Man who can't teach her how to cook is even more irresponsible
It is hard to "unbend" a "bended"fish.
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by trismegistus: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
OP if it bothers u so much then only focus on girls who cook. For some guys it is really not that much of a deal breaker. I know a couple who have been happily married for the 30 years; the husband realized it the moment they met but decided that her other qualities by far surpassed her ability to cook and never regretted the decision. Her children adore her and think she is the best mother they could ever have. I know another couple where the man is the better cook and and would rather just do it himself, it has never bothered him and it has never been an issue.

So OP I really do not understand the point of this thread. If u know u have to marry a woman that knows how to cook find that out before u make any long term decision, there is nothing wrong with that. There are men out there who would not mind, so I don't know why u r taking Panadol for their headache.

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Dbestmax(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
lakamua:
you are really a kid
Owk ...its matter of self expression...good thought...I see u metuselah
Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ooppaannkkaa: 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Knowing how to cook doesn't make anyone responsible.

1 Like

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Usjimy(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Lemme summarise the constituents of my "I Love you"...

50% is made up of her culinary skills.
'Others' share the remaining 50% and still revolves around the initial 50%...

There is nothing more romantic than coming home after the day's job and the dinning (or floor sef) is decorated with a delicious meal... kiss

2 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by ghettodreamz(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Appswheel: Absolutely Irresponsible! Those kin ones na hin de claim feminist! if you are a woman and cannot cook, you are worse than a harlot.

Nowadays, even harlots dey sabi cook sef.

Ever imagine, how easy it is for some harlots or mistresses to gain/win the hearts of some unfaithful men from their wives?

It's seemingly an act of lack of seriousness, indiscipline and height of irresponsibility on a lady's part if she cannot cook.

3 Likes

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Mavelshee(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
carefreewannabe: Any man who doesn't know how to cook is dvmb because cooking is easy.

And how can you NOT know how to nurture YOURSELF and depend on others for this to happen?

Any woman who doesn't know how to provide for herself is dvmb because providing is easy.
And how can you NOT know how to buy stuffs for YOURSELF and depend on Guys for this to happen?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Danhumprey: I give up! Feminism won't let some people reason sensibly. It's all about gender equality.

The thing sef tire me. If I hear from any woman say man wey no pay for him pikin school fees or pay for other things needed in the house na irresponsible man I go gi am dirty slap. Haba! we have our different gender based niches , a man is meant to pay all bills for his family and make sure they do not lack the basic necessities of life , the wife on the other hand is the home maker which includes cooking and taking care of the home. If y'all ladies don't want to do your own part we might as well share all the work and financial responsibility ( I think I even prefer this arrangement ).

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

I Just Cut The Cord With My Father / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / Decomposing Corpse Of Woman Found In Her Benin Apartment 9 Days After (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.