Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. (16159 Views)

The Best Thing About Nigeria Is... Nigerians Speak To BBC / Best Thing About Nigeria! / What Would You Say Is The Best Thing About Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Revolva(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2014
The greatest a friend has done is F..k my real babe...behind my back...since dat day

2 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2014
Revolva: The greatest a friend has done is F..k my real babe...behind my back...since dat day
eleyi lagbara
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 01, 2014
She gave me punny.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Hidentity(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Oltabaks: It was 2007.I was in JSS 2.It was a public school.It was the third term examination,and i was about to cheat.My friend Yusuf was seated two seats behind me.As soon as the invigilator turned away from me,i asked Yusuf for the answer to the third question.Apparently,the answer was a long one so he decided to write it out on a paper.He threw the paper to me,but it fell halfway between us.The invigilator turned,looked me in the eye,and walked straight to me.She picked the paper and told me to get up.Yusuf stood up and said he wrote it.The woman told him to sit but he didn't.He said she should compare the handwritings on the script with the one on his answer sheet.She did and told him to follow her to the principal's office.I couldn't let it go so i stood up too,and i told her i asked him to write it for me.She took the both of us to the principal's,we got 15 strokes of his thick cane each and we've been laughing about that incident ever since.We wrote that paper again and he still taught me question number 3.
Don't be shy:Share the best thing a friend has ever done for you.

Mine is similar to yours, but kind of ironic. Was doing amazingly well in Biology then, even as an Art student. During our WASSCE mock, a lady very close to me was almost crying because she could not answer some questions. I could not turn my head pretending I did not see because I can't endure someone crying around me. It touches the most humane part of me.

I tried whispering but she could not get it. So, she got a sheet of paper and passed it to me, I solved the questions when I was almost done, an invigilator came from behind and seized it. She asked me why I brought "expo" in, that question alone reconfigured me and my coherence and the possible lies disappeared in my head. I did not get myself together before I was walked out. Most people knew something apart from "bringing in expo" happened but could not explain. The shock: The lady i wanted to help did not say "hi" since then till now. Not even consoling me for the "F" I was eventually given and the punishments of cutting trees and elephant grasses for 4 straight weeks. That was in 2006.

I did not tell anyone the truth then too, I was just looking. In 2013, I told a lady the truth and in 2014 I am telling nairalanders too.

5 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Olutola88: Hmmm...I can't remember something so memorable. I don't really have very close friends. I just make friends everywhere I go. It's mostly “one man mopol” things but I've been helping friends since P school days and they've been nice to me too.
my type,I don't really fancy close friends but I make friend each time but I don't drag them closer,strictly one man biz.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by amclimax(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Teaching me how to smoke #weed
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by 36STATES: 8:47am On Oct 01, 2014
chidimmaaa: go hug transformer joor

Cheating is a very serious issue that has to be comdemned. One of the greatest problem with most of us Nigerians is our lack of sense of responsiblity. It is so rare for a Nigeria to plead guilty even when he's caught red handed; we simply don't like taking responsibity for the consequences of our actions. We lack sense fairness. That's why jobseekers are asked to pay money to get non existent job by govt officials. We lack sense of meritocracy which is a vehicle to make sure a society is lead by its best hands. Those that cheat in exam and forge result take opportunities away from those that have really worked for it and are more capable. To cite such ignominy as cheating to pass exam as a positive thing is very tragic.

You don't seem to understand the impact of cheating in exam,... maybe you have not had the opportunity to observe how things are done in other countries.

5 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by gabbrri(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2014
Accomodated and took kia of me all tru my service year in lagos how 9ce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2014
Mintayo:
You called this best? Cheating in an examination is the best?thing a friend did for you? Classic!
So if i refused to help a friendcheat with a friend in an examination,i am not a friend?
This kind friendship na wah!
Ode nie-

2 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Amadaz(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Mintayo:
You called this best? Cheating in an examination is the best?thing a friend did for you? Classic!
So if i refused to help a friendcheat with a friend in an examination,i am not a friend?
you're extremely s.tupid
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by olashas(f): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Mintayo:
Nope. Telling the invigilator he wrote the words on the paper. He could have left the op to his fate, you know.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by ademutiu: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2014
He made me graduate with a good grade....fed me for months till I got a job......and now, we wine and dine together........Friendship has been a blessing to me

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Mintayo(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2014
BANGERLEE1: Ode nie-
don't argue with a fool lest he sees himself as being wise!
Ignored!
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Mintayo(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2014
Amadaz: you're extremely s.tupid
"a mad az" calling someone stupid? Its like a mad caling someone who doesnt even know him mad!

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by ChiSun27(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2014
Tinubu: Allowing me bleep his little sister... God bless u wherever you are, Musharraf akanbi undecided

In Yoruba English.....your head is not correct.

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by SirAweezy(m): 9:42am On Oct 01, 2014
Nice topic!

He came out from no where.. Liked and believe in me... He gave me 1.5m naira(that year) and told me whenever I'm through with it I should return it.. That favor is part of my success story today. He didn't even know where I live then.. I've never seen a kind of friend like that.. Wish I could mention his name smiley

3 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by winningbt: 9:50am On Oct 01, 2014

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by ChiSun27(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2014
I so much love this thread...it shows that good people exist in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Pdizzle(m): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2014
A good friend is a blessing.
Never really had one though, but plenty regular friends.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Sepp360(m): 10:30am On Oct 01, 2014
To be sincere; none of my friends has ever done anything remarkable or worth remembering.

Though, the reverse is always the case. I've lost a fortune for a friend, almost lost my life few weeks ago because of a friend.

I'm a best friend of many, but i don't think i have one.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Noelle01: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Sadly, I've thought so much and I still don't remember anything. Girls need better friends o
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by alphaconde(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2014
A friend once assisted me financially to buy a car and a plot of land. That's the biggest favor I have gotten. There's this my special friend, he can follow u anywhere or come anywhere to pick u but he likes money too much.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by uniqueren(f): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2014
I can remember my last birthday in skul...always wanted to celebrate it but alas my project nd my supervisor (dt man go purge eh) kinda made me broke. so i kinda herbanated dt day hoping to take just my roomates out @ night. long story short i gat d best birthday bash ever from this friend i wld never have done such for.....

and then my bestie once seized my phone when i was getting so addicted to social networking. i tink i made my best GPA dt semester. best friend i've ever had. worst tomentor too.

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by yemifez: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2014
i want to type
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by PastorOluT(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Mintayo:

Hmm, u missed the point entirely. Its not about cheating bt his friend standing up for him n willing to take all the brunt while he go Scot free, though he could nt see his friend taking the punishment alone so he spoke up.

To me that is very touching, shows how deep their friendship is.

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Vikky014(f): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2014
geesilver:
That's not a favour its a cheat, I guess u need to return ur certificate back.
his degree cert?u nid to return ur brain back shocked

2 Likes

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Vikky014(f): 11:23am On Oct 01, 2014
luvbeloved: He bought me a car when mine was giving me issues! Was so happy I couldn't sleep for days....lol..... he also named his first son after me...I think that's the best one sha! I plan to name mine after him too
what a friend!
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Vikky014(f): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2014
pussyaddict: Daniel my padi, a great confidant. I was fucking a church member, he stood outside to tell another spiritual brother that I'm not in.
CHISOS! undecided
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Vikky014(f): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2014
36STATES:

Cheating is a very serious issue that has to be comdemed. One of the greatest problem with most of us Nigerians is our lack of sense of responsiblity. It is so rare for a Nigeria to plead guilty even when he's caught red handed; we simply don't like taking responsibity for the consequences of our actions. We lack sense fairness. That's why jobseekers are asked to pay money to get non existent job by govt officials. We lack sense of meritocracy which is a vehicle to make sure a society is lead by its best hands. Those that cheat in exam and forge result take opportunities away from those that have really worked for it and are more capable. To cite such ignominy as cheating to pass exam as a positive thing is very tragic.

I think you don't seem to understand the impact of cheating in exam,... maybe you have not had the opportunity to observe how things are done in other countries.
1 MILLION LIKES
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2014
Plenty but i'll just say this one..
was some weeks back, when someone accused me falsely and said some bad sh1t about me that was way extreme, I cried bitterly and ran to her room. Despite the fact that we had our mbbs exams coming up the next day, she left her books and comforted me. I could feel she was feeling the same pain I was feeling. She made sure she took me to class and monitored my reading and till I was okay, she kept tabs on me..

1 Like

Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by olempe(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2014
Mintayo:
Its not the cheating, its standing up for him when the buble busted.
Re: Best Thing A Friend Has Ever Done For You. by toofine765: 11:46am On Oct 01, 2014
I collapsed in the office recently, my dear angel friend rushed me to the hospital. Made sure I was attended to imnediately, kept coming to see me, preparing special meals for me and my mil who is diabetic. She was also checking on my kids who were at home to the neglect of her job. Can never thank her enough. I do own her so much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ifa Council Suspends Isese Festival In Ilorin / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) / African Time: Who Invented This Phrase?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.