Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University (77083 Views)

Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job / 12 Things Successful Nigerians Never Reveal About Themselves / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Philawole(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hmmm
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
CoolHunk: It is important to note that these people do not lack education.
Thank you very much.
Some people think education ends with school

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Donkaz(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
Education is good but not everything
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by HonourablePomk: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
y
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by mecussey(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
These are the ones you know, go to Onitsha, almost all the millionaires their are illitrates. They own half of the properties at Alaba international market. I would say they are successful.

4 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by nolio(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok... noted. I have to drop outta school to be successful. thank you for your priceless advice

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by kabba7(m): 12:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to school on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Most rich and educated Nigerians are actually fraudsters many made money stealing government money .

Education is good but dont guarrantee being rich .

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by chamboy(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
Na only Igbo no dey go skool dey dey succesful
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by donstevico(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
u forgot to mention the millions of dropouts who followed this peoples path and never made it.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Mention(m): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
So what are you suggesting? Do I drop out of school?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
9. Dvdon: graduate of a federal university with good grades, roamed the streets for years without job and later realized that he is on his own (oyo). He has since denounced his degree and now an entrepreneur. He wished he never wasted five years of his life in school, as that remains his greatest regret.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mention: So what are you suggesting? Do I drop out of school?

Yes, ASAP
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by obisage(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
we mistake education for school.
you can be educated without going to school.
school is only one of numerous sources of education.

so, that you went to school doesn't guarantee you are educated.
and that you didn't go to school doesn't mean you are uneducated.

13 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by ify84(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
it is Good.... cert Good but not everything
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by okeyscrib(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Orji Uzo Kalu did not finish University?? How the hell did he become governor?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Alright! Alright people!
It's right about time for us to get this pumpin.
The Iam vs Ted battle is going down tonight!
It's gonna be jabs! Jabs!! And boooom!!!
Who's punches is gonna get the other one writhing in lyrical pain.
Let's come in and feast our eyes on punchlines from the wells of two of the greatest mcs on the block.
It's gon' be super bloody, If you know what I mean grin grin

iamaromolaeran: One of the best freestyle rapper on NL.
Scheme, Lyrical, Freestyle...

teddybiyasi: The best female mc on NL.
Lyrical, Delivery, Flow....

Special guest of honor: Chief Obinoscopy grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1926133/brutal-clash-2-iamaromolaeran-vs

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Mention(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
donstevico: u forgot to mention the millions of dropouts who followed this peoples path and never made it.
Yeah.. The best thing is, Get an education before you pursue your dreams or go into the venture you've always longed for..
Its always good to have a backup just in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
okeyscrib: Orji Uzo Kalu did not finish University?? How the hell did he become governor?

The minimum requirement to get elected in Nigeria is School certificate.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by kunlesehan(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
bigiyaro: Nice one op. The earlier Nigerians discover that attending University or tertiary institutions does not guarantee success or wealth the better our country will become.
What a powerful independence day message this is.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Elvisonjack2(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
. WHERE IS JOHN OKAFOR A.K.A MR IBU?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
obisage: we mistake education for school.
you can be educated without going to school.
school is only one of numerous sources of education.

so, that you went to school doesn't guarantee you are educated.
and that you didn't go to school doesn't mean you are uneducated.

Your point is taken...but even then, there are still a lot of things you learn at school.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Mention(m): 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
didadavid:

Yes, ASAP
Lol.. Thanks so much.. I appreciate grin

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ OP

Are you trying to deter or discourage people from going to university or what?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bossforeva: Seun too. Entrepreneurship is the surest way forward
. . . . . . . . . Seun tell you say him no go University? Seun, come defend ya self o! This is New/News to me!

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by jmoore(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineerw who made the cars
Famfa oil can do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school

Schooling is different from education

You can be educated without going to school

Many software developers are not university graduates.

3 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by shorexng: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
'Successful Nigerians Who Never
Went To A Tertiary Institution' is better

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by IYANGBALI: 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
You see now,my dAd wants to kill himself because I refused to further my education,with my school cert I can join politics and rob Nigeria or even start my own church and become general overseer and founder of all miracles believers church worldwide.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by EagleNest(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Going to university doesn't guarantee success.

Success = Preparation + Opportunity (and/or) Favor
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Elvisonjack2(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The minimum requirement to get elected in Nigeria is School certificate.
I. doubt u!
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by donstevico(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mention:
Yeah.. The best thing is, Get an education before you pursue your dreams or go into the venture you've always longed for..
Its always good to have a backup just in case something goes wrong.
exactly the educated successful entrepreneurs are even more than the un educated ones.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by sorom4: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
This Op may have been expelled 4m the University or may have failed JAMB severally. EDUCATION shapes your thinking and prepares you for life. Bn UNEDUCATED is a cankerworm
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by oathman(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2014
its good to know that i attended the same primary school Rasak Okoya attended...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.