Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,776 members, 7,959,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University (77877 Views)

Rejoinder To When A University Degree No Longer Guarantees A Job / 12 Things Successful Nigerians Never Reveal About Themselves / How To Start A University Lecturing Career? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Crocz(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie: chai...

Igbobi College be raising Patrons since the says of John the Baptist grin

Tell me more grin

Happy Independence day...but we are still depending on "crude oil"
cry

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by icekidgodfrey(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
And the aim of this post again is to...?

See, things like this mislead our youths, now everybody thinks they can be musicians. Not everybody would make it through the fast track! The number of touts is increasing, I fear for the next generation
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by BestNaija(m): 12:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Impressive
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Pennywise(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
What about Chris Uba? I am not sure he even went to Primary school. Yet, he is a billionaire and more successful than some of those mentioned. Why was he not listed?

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by lymelyte(m): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please who is watching channels tv ? Miss ibokun awosika is telling the truth about Nigeria..
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Pennywise(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
lymelyte: Please who is watching channels tv ? Miss ibokun awosika is telling the truth about Nigeria..

What is she saying that has not been said by Pennywis e on NL?

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Crocz:

Tell me more grin

Happy Independence day...but we are still depending on "crude oil"
cry

No o
My elder bro schooled there. I don't think they had girls section...it was a boys school.
I schooled @ Holy Saviour's College -Isolo

Happy Independence...lol @ depending on crude oil
@least we have something to depend on
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by roufy235(m): 12:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
without intelligent people they wouldn't have made it.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by gebest: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
those dat made it without education are few, but those that made it with education are too numerous to mention. SO EDUCATION IS STILL THE KEY.

2 Likes

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
bolukaz: 8 succesful people alone? Why not take a short trip around your hood and observe scores of uneducated people living 'just' around the poverty line, these people just happened to get a 1-in-a-million chance of making it big in an education-driven society
Don't mind them fools Okrika sellers and Ghana pam-sanders importers will soon spam this thread with :

''education is over-rated''
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Okeikpu(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
85% of b-millionaires in Igbo land didn't attend university ,due to some circumstances.... Including me cry Op wt abt Innocent Chukwuma...(IVM) Femi Otedola n others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by henryobinna(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bossforeva: Seun too. Entrepreneurship is the surest way forward
you mean, Seun no go school? shocked
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by NwaAnambra(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pennywise: What about Chris Uba? I am not sure he even went to Primary school. Yet, he is a billionaire and more successful than some of those mentioned. Why was he not listed?
Arthur Eze, G.U.O, Bishop Okonkwo, Sir Emeka Offor, Chikason, Seaman, Fenabros limited and so on
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Crocz(m): 1:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

No o
My elder bro schooled there. I don't think they had girls section...it was a boys school.
I schooled @ Holy Saviour's College -Isolo

Happy Independence...lol @ depending on crude oil
@least we have something to depend on

grin
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by slap1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
The surest way to succeed is to identify your talent and work out your àss to make it float.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Karleb(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineerw who made the cars
Famfa oil can do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school

Seconded! angry
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by funkytaiwo(f): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
Slonge2: my grandpa, pa Longe of ikorodu, lagos state. He was one of the foremost building technicians in lagos, although he had no formal education. He ensured that his children got the best education money could buy in Nigeria and to whatever level they desired. At his death, he left behind a succesful bunch of chidren. we miss you grandpa RIP

Wats d point?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Tmex(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
There's this thing about nice suit ,it will always look good whether u go school or not whereas its not hard to come across professors with tattered coat
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
What the heck is Mercy Johnson doing on that list ? of all successful Nigerians who don't have tertiary education mercy johnson is on the list , seriously.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by TheRealAdonye(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
LMAOO, Y'all slay me..
rattlesnake:
Mercy Johnson cant have Big breasts without Dr 90210 tongue tongue
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by natureblack(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
The same old story everyday
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Mobsync(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bossforeva: Seun too. Entrepreneurship is the surest way forward

Seun went to OAU
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by AspDrone(m): 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
searay: Op you dey jealous abi? What do you mean by being succesful?
Having Money is not what I call being successful
'What I call'
Well that's non of our business.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Iceathome(m): 1:13pm On Oct 01, 2014
With primary school certificate you are qualified to vie for cancellorship while SSCe and GCE qualifies you for LG Chairman, state/fed house,senate, governor and president.

Orji Uzor is a product of Eziama high sch. Aba.

okeyscrib: Orji Uzo Kalu did not finish University?? How the hell did he become governor?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by j4sure(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
Cert is just to expose you. the may thing is Skill in life. the solution you can provide to people problem.. DON JAZy can feed a lot of PHD holder or Professor.
Get the Skill and get the Money. thats all.
get our video training and make cool money legal online and offline.
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Dcmg(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
searay: Op you dey jealous abi? What do you mean by being succesful?
Having Money is not what I call being successful
Ok,having one paper called Phd is what is succesful?
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by AspDrone(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
sexzskil: It is either this op has no hope of going to a university or failed badly while there.
Who are you to fom for us?
Oya post your certificate let's see how 'greatly' you've passed. I dare you
What's wrong in the Op encouraging those who have failed academically or who have no funds to further in the uni?
He didn't condemn those in the uni either....the lesson is try other legal means too to find sucess.
Yab musicians or footballers or not but they are living their destinies to the fullest.
University students too proud and foolish to accept facts since AD 906
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
rattlesnake: But somebody else who went to university on their behalf was behind their success...... undecided

Don jazzy cant make music without some software developer
Coscharis cant sell cars without the engineerw who made the cars
Famfa oil can do business without the oil engineers
Mercy Johnson cant have Big braests without Dr 90210 tongue tongue

etc etc etc

I will rather go to school

What you ended up saying is that no man is an island.

Moreover, 3 out of the world's top ten famous software engineers have no degree.

John Carmark pioneered Adaptive Tile Refresh (used in Command Keen)

Ulf Michael Widenius wrote the MySQL Server and Maria DB fork

Jamie Zawinski contributed significantly to Mozilla and XEmacs.

They were engineers with no degree.

1 Like

Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Dcmg(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
ARES: for every rich uneducated there are a million poor uneducated..... ur logic doesnt hold
for every poor educated then the society is Failed
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by lymelyte(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pennywise:

What is she saying that has not been said by Pennywis e on NL?
grin
Re: Successful Nigerians Who Never Went To A University by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Mobsync:

Seun went to OAU
yea into electronics engineering, dropped afterwards

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? / CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.