Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Can You Love A Strong Lady? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love A Strong Lady? (5889 Views)

Top Five Characters/behaviors Ladies Show If They Love A Particular Guy / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Crocz(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

These are synonyms of "Feisty"
Make your pick. grin

Synonyms for Feisty include the following:
fiery, spirited, active, bold, lively, sparkling,
vigorous, energetic, animated, have-a-go, courageous,
ardent, game, plucky, high-spirited, sprightly,
vivacious, spunky, mettlesome.

And yet none matches my "VIBRANT" grin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Crocz:

And yet none matches my "VIBRANT" grin

You might wanna check up a combo of the words, active + bold + lively wink
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Crocz(m): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

You might wanna check up a combo of the words, active + bold + lively wink

Hahaha...nice try

Now, I have a match grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
Crocz:

Hahaha...nice try

Now, I have a match grin

Meaning she's got feisty traits wink
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pennywise: I met one this afternoon. I think am loving her.

You cant jump to conclusion like that..

You need to study her for sometime before you conclude she is that kind of woman....
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Crocz(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Meaning she's got feisty traits wink

No way!...you just merge 3 words close to the meaning of a single word o...doesn't work that way, only in maths cheesy
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Oh, Okay.
I get your point.
And I agree too.

But, in this context, remember I made exceptions.
Could you please help by differentiating a strong woman from a feisty one?
Thanks in anticipation smiley
I see that you have modified your post
MizMyColi:

These are synonyms of "Feisty"
Make your pick. grin

Synonyms for Feisty include the following:
fiery, spirited, active, bold, lively, sparkling,
vigorous, energetic, animated, have-a-go, courageous,
ardent, game, plucky, high-spirited, sprightly,
vivacious, spunky, mettlesome.
A strong woman possess these qualities you listed but a feisty woman possess the qualities you listed and this
Feisty::
High-strung,quarrelsome,hot-blooded,thin-skinned,truculent, sensitive, difficult, aggressive, fiery, ornery, argumentative, hostile, temperamental, agonistic, antagonistic, huffy, touchy e.t.c
I see you are trying to support the positive aspects of being feisty but the negative aspects cannot be ignored either.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
temigracie:

You cant jump to conclusion like that..

You need to study her for sometime before you conclude she is that kind of woman....

Nah! Ever heard of love at first sight.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 7:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
MisterLongman: I see that you have modified your post
A strong woman possess these qualities you listed but a feisty woman possess the qualities you listed and this

I see you are trying to support the positive aspects of being feisty but the negative aspects cannot be ignored either.

Oh, in that case, a better word to use would be Strong.

Thanks.

I should edit the OP already.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Nah! Ever heard of love at first sight.

...lol...I've heard about it alot......still doubting if it actually happens...

We are talking about being 'feisty' here....

How can you know or suddenly conclude a woman is 'feisty' by seeing her the first time??...

I think discovering a woman's behaviour is similar to a treasure hunt....You ll continue to search and search before concluding.....
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
I open a thread since noon, intelligent one at that and it is yet get responses...woman opened a thread now, it swarming like a bee-hive.

Una well done ooh brothers.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Oh, in that case, a better word to use would be Strong.

Thanks.

I should edit the OP already.
Lol....... Maybeee maybe not wink
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Tymax(m): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
Modified:
In that case, every man should want a strong woman for a wife. There are men who desire evident submission in their wives. A strong woman may fall short in that regard. There is the tendency for her to be dogged and thus dogmatic in ALL things; but she should realize that "strong" may be apparently unyielding and brittle but "strong" can also be tensile and resilient.

Many guys would say they that want a woman who challenges them, who is not laid back and unresponsive. A lofty line of thought. However, there is the risk of the lady second-guessing her man on a really bad day.

I think a strong woman is desirable. cool I believe she is strongest when she learns how/when to be weak. wink

Cc MizMyColi
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
I will date anything date-able so long it moves, talk, write and look like Mizmycoli

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Original Post and thought process, heavily modified.

Please read through and let's know your take?

CC:
Tymax, MisterLongman, Crocz,

Pennywise angry (No sir, I am Strong, not Feisty)

Tobiboss,

Temigracie kiss apparently you got more insight on this one. Thanks for standing in the gap.

Pansophist

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Pdizzle(m): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm aries, a feisty one, i can't be with a chick who's not.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pdizzle: I'm aries, a feisty one, i can't be with a chick who's not.

Errrmm Sir.
Like me, you might have confused strong for feisty cool
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi: [font=Georgia]Original Post and thought process, heavily modified.

Please read through and let's know your take?

Did u see my post earlier on this thread?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Crocz(m): 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
I have no qualms with my "wife" being independent, I kinda like it self cos I love industrious women...but that doesn't mean she'll neglect her primary assignment in marriage o...which is hmmmm..you know wink

Like someone said, the primary assignment of a man is to give woman bele...so let both parties understand the basics grin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist: I have dated a perfect description of a fiesty lady before, but relationship like that do not last. Sometimes it feel like I am dating a man because she lack some feminine feature.
lol* someone once told me i act masculine hmmmmmmm,it takes a strong man to handle a woman like that,they are always smart,courageous,stand up to their own right,hate been relegated to the back,hate showing their feelings often(buh wen they do,they can be sooo loving and cute)can be aggressive and impulsive at times wen they feel they are not been treated fairly(irrespective of who it is),they are nice to a fault and expect every one to,they throw tantrums wen they are disturbed,they are prone to having mood swing and been melancholy at times(they wanna let down d strong woman in dem too,buh they hate appearing weak)and d list goes on and on and on

2 Likes

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tobiboss(m): 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:
Now Guys know women as dependent biatches shocked who always like it cheap.
So why does it trouble some guys that a woman rarely asks them for stuffs or do the sex exchange

Is this^^ your question or "can you love a strong lady"?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Pdizzle(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Errrmm Sir.
Like me, you might have confused strong for feisty cool

Educate me madame.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tobiboss(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: lol* someone once told me i act masculine hmmmmmmm,it takes a strong man to handle a woman like that,they are always smart,courageous,stand up to their own right,hate been relegated to the back, hate showing their feelings often (buh wen they do,they can be sooo loving and cute) can be aggressive and impulsive at times wen they feel they are not been treated fairly(irrespective of who it is), they are nice to a fault and expect every one to,they throw tantrums wen they are disturbed,they are prone to having mood swing and been melancholy at times(they wanna let down d strong woman in dem too,buh they hate appearing weak)and d list goes on and on and on*sighs*can a guy really handle all dis?d last one chickened out lol*
"Act masculine" "chickened out?" Do you fight or beat up your boyfriends?
Then at your question, No at the bolded
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
Crocz: I have no qualms with my "wife" being independent, I kinda like it self cos I love industrious women...but that doesn't mean she'll neglect her primary assignment in marriage o...which is hmmmm..you know wink

Like someone said, the primary assignment of a man is to give woman bele...so let both parties understand the basics grin
Very correct...... Both parties should know and accept their roles in marriage....
But in a situation where both parties wants to play the same role, the marriage will turn into a free-for-all and personality clash becomes inevitable

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tobiboss(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
softsparkyy: My own dictionary...

Feisty
1) Tenacious, energetic, spunky.

2)Belligerent; prepared to stand and fight especially in spite of relatively small stature or some other disadvantage.

3)Easily offended and ready to bicker.

Hmmmmm... I am not and I don't want to be one, I only enjoy having them as friends because they always buy my case grin
hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: lol* someone once told me i act masculine hmmmmmmm,it takes a strong man to handle a woman like that,they are always smart,courageous,stand up to their own right,hate been relegated to the back,hate showing their feelings often(buh wen they do,they can be sooo loving and cute)can be aggressive and impulsive at times wen they feel they are not been treated fairly(irrespective of who it is),they are nice to a fault and expect every one to,they throw tantrums wen they are disturbed,they are prone to having mood swing and been melancholy at times(they wanna let down d strong woman in dem too,buh they hate appearing weak)and d list goes on and on and on*sighs*can a guy really handle all dis?d last one chickened out lol*

You de carry weight?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
Fiesty women tend to act masculine/feminist and this are traits that turns people off. They tend to overdo it and are always trying to show or proof their significance. Fiesty women that I have met personally tends to have emotional issues, and became fiesty as a defense to their insecurity (not all though).

Women are known for their calm, soft and gentle look/attitude, which lacks in most fiesty women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2014

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@pwidzzle, Please re-read the OP.
Lolest.

cheesy

I've been laughing at most of these comments.

@LogoDwhiz, I did earlier, why d'ya ask?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi: LogoDwhiz, I did earlier, why d'ya ask?

Nothing really. Just wanna know if u saw it or not.

Didnt make any comment on it.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hi all smiley
Good Evening.

So this topic sounds interesting to me, because, while I may not come across to a lot of people that way, chiefly because, I'm a balanced extrovert - introvert. I admit that I can be quite feisty strong, especially when it comes to defending people and standing up for what I know to be right.

Putting myself in perspective here, when a situation calls for it, I can become very sharp and critical.
After having made my point, I will return to my natural, warm self.

Now Feisty Strong in this case DOES NOT include, proud, arrogant, men hating women/feminists.

This Feisty topic actually piqued my interest and I'd love to know varying opinions on feisty women in this context.

Synonyms for Feisty Strong include the following:
fiery, spirited, active, bold, lively, sparkling, vigorous, energetic, animated, have-a-go, courageous, ardent, game, plucky, high-spirited, sprightly, vivacious, spunky, mettlesome.

Some quotes for feisty strong women:

There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity ~ Washington Irving.

Strong Women only intimidate weak men. shocked undecided

*modified again*

So, I got this new perspective from MisterLongman and it's quite revealing:

And I strongly support ^^^
If that is also what it means to be Feisty, then, No LADY SHOULD ASPIRE TO BE FEISTY.

Be Strong, If you can.
Not Feisty wink

*modified*

Okay, from the comments posted, it's clear most people didn't bother didn't reading thru' the OP.

Personally, and indeed, everyone kynda has this abhorence to the word "Feisty"

But having looked up it's meaning, I'm beginning to think it might not be a bad thing afterall, when applied modestly......I guess it's another way of saying.

"I am my own woman" or "That lady is Strong, Intelligent and Independent"

Now Guys know women as dependent biatches shocked who always like it cheap.
So why does it trouble some guys that a woman rarely asks them for stuffs or do the sex exchange

Well, I'll keep reading comments and making contributions where necessary.

Happy Independence grin

Yes, I can love a strong lady. I can love the kind of lady you described above.
Some ladies take it over board though, and are quick to bare their fangs at the drop of a hat. Those ones I avoid, and I avoid very much. The strong, cool-headed lady who doesn't allow people boss her around to their own advantage? I like such lady smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
@Folameme, what d'ya think?
Are you strong or feisty?

Ever heard of the four temperaments?
I'm a mix of Choleric-phlegmatic.

Which is yours?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Bad Girl Traits Every Guy Wants In His Girl. / expired thread / I'm Taken! I'm Just Too Cute For Nairaland Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.