Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Can You Love A Strong Lady? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love A Strong Lady? (5898 Views)

Top Five Characters/behaviors Ladies Show If They Love A Particular Guy / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: lol* someone once told me i act masculine hmmmmmmm,it takes a strong man to handle a woman like that,they are always smart,courageous,stand up to their own right,hate been relegated to the back,hate showing their feelings often(buh wen they do,they can be sooo loving and cute)can be aggressive and impulsive at times wen they feel they are not been treated fairly(irrespective of who it is),they are nice to a fault and expect every one to,they throw tantrums wen they are disturbed,they are prone to having mood swing and been melancholy at times(they wanna let down d strong woman in dem too,buh they hate appearing weak)and d list goes on and on and on*sighs*can a guy really handle all dis?d last one chickened out lol*
What kind of strong man are you talking about........ I believe it only takes a physically built strong man like hulk hogan that will be able to beat sh*t out of her..... Being feisty is not about playing the emotional blackmail card but getting physical with your man
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
goofyone:

Yes, I can love a strong lady. I can love the kind of lady you described above.
Some ladies take it over board though, and are quick to bare their fangs at the drop of a hat. Those ones I avoid, and I avoid very much. The strong, cool-headed lady who doesn't allow people boss her around to their own advantage? I like such lady smiley

LoL

And for some strange reason, I'm grinning from ear to ear.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL

And for some strange reason, I'm grinning from ear to ear.
I know why wink.

And stop! Don't even try guessing what's in my mind.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
tobiboss: "Act masculine" "chickened out?" Do you fight or beat up your boyfriends?
Then at your question, No at the bolded
lol*u got it all mixed up sugar,not beating oooo,fight kee?I'm too posh for that sweetie i can never do it,buh i love standing up for wah i believe in,@my boyfriends?omg hell no hw many of dem?stop it ok?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi: @Folameme, what d'ya think?
Are you strong or feisty?

Ever heard of the four temperaments?
I'm a mix of Choleric-phlegmatic.

Which is yours?
I love that Combo
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:

You de carry weight?
nope,i mean literary,as in not wearing ma emotions on d sleeve like most ladies do
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
goofyone:
I know why wink.

And stop! Don't even try guessing what's in my mind.

cheesy

You know I enjoy doing that.

Did you see my mention in Diaries section?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
MisterLongman: I love that Combo

LoL, thanks.

I love it too smiley

Wanna share yours?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

cheesy

You know I enjoy doing that.

Did you see my mention in Diaries section?
Yeah I did. I didn't even know such a place existed in the diary section to talk. Kinda nice. I replied already.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: lol*u got it all mixed up sugar,not beating oooo,fight kee?I'm too posh for that sweetie i can never do it,buh i love standing up for wah i believe in,@my boyfriends?omg hell no hw many of dem?stop it ok?
gringrin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Tymax: Modified:
In that case, every man should want a strong woman for a wife. There are men who desire evident submission in their wives. A strong woman may fall short in that regard. There is the tendency for her to be dogged and thus dogmatic in ALL things; but she should realize that "strong" may be apparently unyielding and brittle but "strong" can also be tensile and resilient.

Many guys would say they that want a woman who challenges them, who is not laid back and unresponsive. A lofty line of thought. However, there is the risk of the lady second-guessing her man on a really bad day.

[size=14pt]I think a strong woman is desirable. cool I believe she is strongest when she learns how/when to be weak. wink[/size]

Cc Miz MyColi

Just keep on revealing your true self. I likey grin
Good men are still out there, and they come to NL and be claiming women haters.

You see that Emboldened and enlarged, those are my thoughts exactly, only, the right English has been eluding me undecided

Thanks joor.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MisterLongman(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL, thanks.

I love it too smiley

Wanna share yours?
I'm still undecided. Not yet sure of the one that best describes me
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tobiboss(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: lol*u got it all mixed up sugar,not beating oooo,fight kee?I'm too posh for that sweetie i can never do it,buh i love standing up for wah i believe in,@my boyfriends?omg hell no hw many of dem?stop it ok?
was just teasing yacheesy, it's all good cheesy
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
LogoDWhiz: The word 'feisty' is considered too strong. Exudes negativity.
Its generally viewed in a 'not-took-good' way.

I'd have preferred ladies who are strong and dependent. But who doesn't have to be feisty.
I believe that if a lady is strong and dependent, she can stand up for her beliefs and defend herself and do most things 'feisty' ladies do.

When a lady is termed to be feisty, i don't think people will be convenient staying with her, cos when her feisty side comes up. There's no regard for who the culprit is.

I see your point clearly now sir.
Thank You.

I modified the OP already.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi: @Folameme, what d'ya think?
Are you strong or feisty?

Ever heard of the four temperaments?
I'm a mix of Choleric-phlegmatic.

Which is yours?
I'm a mixture of choleric,phlegmatic and melancholic
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist: I have dated a perfect description of a fiesty lady before, but relationship like that do not last. Sometimes it feel like I am dating a man because she lack some feminine feature.
Like...? Just curious...
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

I see your point clearly now sir.
Thank You.

I modified the OP already.

Okay.

Uwc ma.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: I'm a mixture of choleric,phlegmatic and melancholic

Okay.

Check out these links:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html - ChlorMel

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html - Chlorphleg

**Warning**
Very Long but interesting read.

You might wanna let me know exactly which you are.
Mine's ENFJ btw

I'm actually thrilled at the possibility of meeting an exact personality typ, hence my inquisition.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 9:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
MisterLongman: I'm still undecided. Not yet sure of the one that best describes me

May I ask further?
Or leave things as they are, in this regard?

I know you're a Phleg, for starters. smiley
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay.

Check out these links:

**Warning**

Mine's ENFJ btw

I'm actually thrilled at the possibility of meeting an exact personality typ, hence my inquisition.
Nice link. Its been long since I read something as regards personality types. I would say they took a different approach here than what I am used to.

I hope you do know that personality type is different from temperament. Do you?

www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP.html

That is just me.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay.

Check out these links:

**Warning**

Mine's ENFJ btw

I'm also ENFJ(buh d maintaining of an intimate r/ship got ma eye brows up)nahhhhh,r/ship is cool buh not likened to that ok?also wif a lil bit of ENFP.(I dnt like/enjoy been d center of attention)
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Like...? Just curious...

Pee while standing
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:

Pee while standing
Awww... That's gross. Kinda like an eyesore to me.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Awww... That's gross. Kinda like an eyesore to me.
Lol, you never see anything sha smiley
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: I'm also ENFJ(buh d maintaining of an intimate r/ship got ma eye brows up)nahhhhh,r/ship is cool buh not likened to that ok?also wif a lil bit of ENFP.(I dnt like/enjoy been d center of attention)

Lolest.

Okay, let me ask you this.

Please answer in all honesty, it's a decider.

Given your first post on the thread, and some not too good comments that ensued, how d'ya honestly feel?

What do you think of the world we live in?

Are you beyond 21?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:
Lol, you never see anything sha smiley
Ehn! You mean say more dey? Abeg ooooooo.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Ehn! You mean say more dey? Abeg ooooooo.
Na story you de find abi? grin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:
Na story you de find abi? grin
I for like the story sha... I like to imagine what people experience so I can use it to formulate my thoughts or what I think about such.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
^^^

^^^

I can't help but laugh at your converstaions cheesy
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
I for like the story sha... I like to imagine what people experience so I can use it to formulate my thoughts or what I think about such.

Ok make I talk about am sha.

You know a woman should be compassionate and restful, with a soothing attitude towards you, others and life generally. In as much as I like her quality of a strong lady, it just doesnt goes well. She is kinda bossy and is willing to fight if necessary, not violent per se, but that kind of attitude you put up that makes people just scared of you. She was a physical education student, and it didnt help much as it has affect her feminine physique, she has an interest in capoeira and is a professional in that. you might confuse her for a man if you look at her back from afar or at night.

The girl I dated was a european though, so it might be different from naija kinda girls.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest.

Okay, let me ask you this.

Please answer in all honesty, it's a decider.

Given your first post on the thread, and some not too good comments that ensued, how d'ya honestly feel?

What do you think of the world we live in?

Are you beyond 21?
i felt indifferent to the comments for real,i jst felt i had to make them see reasons wit me,nope i aint manipulative,buh persuasive will be d best word, owing to hw i actually felt.2:i believe this world is a beautiful place wif different personality form pple making it even more colourful,if only everyone can be tolerant of one another,d world will be a more beautiful place(so to speak)i strongly believe no one can be referred to as(Beautiful)until they start impacting lives positively,pple should learn how to appreciate more instead of critizing,no one is perfect,be tolerant of pple's flaws.everyone one has got that special ability to make a big difference in d world at large,there's a reason everyone on dis planet has different personality trait,search into that ability/talent of urs and make d world beautiful and finally,d world we live in is actually a lot easier than what pple make out of it,if only we all can understand/manage how to deal effectively wif one another. 3:give a guess sugar.ps:i like u already mizmycoli
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:

Ok make I talk about am sha.

You know a woman should be compassionate and restful, with a soothing attitude towards you, others and life generally. In as much as I like her quality of a strong lady, it just doesnt goes well. She is kinda bossy and is willing to fight if necessary, not violent per se, but that kind of attitude you put up that makes people just scared of you. She was a physical education student, and it didnt help much as it has affect her feminine physique, she has an interest in capoeira and is a professional in that. you might confuse her for a man if you look at her back from afar or at night.

The girl I dated was a european though, so it might be different from naija kinda girls.
Hmmm... Aside the physique aspect, I think I would like such a lady. Since like you stated, she is a non-violent kind and I guess less awkward. I like it when a lady is strong, knows what she wants and can't be pushed around just anyhow.

But to pee while standing? Big turnoff!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is The Best Time To Have Sex? / Does She Like Me Already? I'm Perplexed / My Experience with a lovepeddler (+photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.