Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Can You Love A Strong Lady? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love A Strong Lady? (5901 Views)

Top Five Characters/behaviors Ladies Show If They Love A Particular Guy / Can You Love A Married Man? / Can A Man Love A Woman And Still Cheat On Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi: ^^^

^^^

I can't help but laugh at your converstaions cheesy
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
Hmmm... Aside the physique aspect, I think I would like such a lady. Since like you stated, she is a non-violent kind and I guess less awkward. I like it when a lady is strong, knows what she wants and can't be pushed around just anyhow.

But to pee while standing? Big turnoff!

You de like the girls wey look like weird MC? but of course dress more feminine that her.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
folameme: i felt indifferent to the comments for real,i jst felt i had to make them see reasons wit me,nope i aint manipulative,buh persuasive will be d best word, owing to hw i actually felt.2:i believe this world is a beautiful place wif different personality form pple making it even more colourful,if only everyone can be tolerant of one another,d world will be a more beautiful place(so to speak)i strongly believe no one can be referred to as(Beautiful)until they start impacting lives positively,pple should learn how to appreciate more instead of critizing,no one is perfect,be tolerant of pple's flaws.everyone one has got that special ability to make a big difference in d world at large,there's a reason everyone on dis planet has different personality trait,search into that ability/talent of urs and make d world beautiful and finally,d world we live in is actually a lot easier than what pple make out of it,if only we all can understand/manage how to deal effectively wif one another. 3:give a guess sugar.ps:i like u already mizmycoli

Lolest.
I like you too Hun.

That openess you displayed piqued my interest.

From your statements, I can deduce you're Primarily ENFP, yet you display traits of an ENFJ
Well, we're almost the same, the diff's the P and J.

I enjoy being around feelers like me.
They understand what it means to be us.

I love Thinkers too.

All ENFJs are skilled manipulators. Ask Obama and Bill Clinton.
If you meet a good ENFJ, your life can never be the same. They'll literally forget their lives because of you.

If you meet a bad one, well lipsrsealed

Thanks for your time Dear, I really look forward to seeing you around.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:

You de like the girls wey look like weird MC? but of course dress more feminine that her.
I have never dated anyone of such, and wouldn't want such. I am am already. What's the use of having two men in a relationship when I ain't gay? cheesy
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest.
I like you too Hun.

That openess you displayed piqued my interest.

From your statements, I can deduce you're Primarily ENFP, yet you display traits of an ENFJ
Well, we're almost the same, the diff's the P and J.

I enjoy being around feelers like me.
They understand what it means to be us.

I love Thinkers too.

All ENFJs are skilled manipulators. Ask Obama and Bill Clinton.
If you meet a good ENFJ, your life can never be the same. They'll literally forget their lives because of you.

If you meet a bad one, well lipsrsealed

Thanks for your time Dear, I really look forward to seeing you around.
awwwwww,thnx hun*kisses*

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by pansophist(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
dmcdad:
I have never dated anyone of such, and wouldn't want such. I am am already. What's the use of having two men in a relationship when I ain't gay? cheesy

No be you talk say you go like such women? why chicken out?
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dmcdad: 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
pansophist:

No be you talk say you go like such women? why chicken out?
I stated it categorically that aside the physique aspect, I would love a woman with strong will, that can not be pushed around and so on. I no talk say I go like man like myself na. cheesy

God no create Adam and Steve. Na Adam and Eve him create.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tokaiki: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2014
I think tmax's last line sums up this discussion. Strong ladies usually do not know how, where and when to be weak or prolly switch off. They get carried away often and this usually results in severe consequences.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by tokaiki: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2014
I think tymax's last line sums up this discussion. Strong ladies usually do not know how, where and when to be weak or prolly switch off. They get carried away often and this usually results in severe consequences.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by dre11(m): 12:24am On Oct 02, 2014
Love know no boundaries
We always choose who we fall in love with
But
We never choose who we grow to love or grow in love with

So falling in love ..... U might not want a strong lady because u feel the the need to dominate the relationship....

But for a strong lady ....u just need to grow in love with them... With that u set ur boundaries, respect, trust and flexibility.....

Strong women makes a better wives.... If only u can study them and allow urself to understand what makes them complex

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Tymax(m): 7:04am On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

Just keep on revealing your true self. I likey grin
Good men are still out there, and they come to NL and be claiming women haters.

You see that Emboldened and enlarged, those are my thoughts exactly, only, the right English has been eluding me undecided

Thanks joor.

Hehehe grin

3 Likes

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 10:19am On Oct 02, 2014
dre11: Love know no boundaries
We always choose who we fall in love with
But
We never choose who we grow to love or grow in love with

So falling in love ..... U might not want a strong lady because u feel the the need to dominate the relationship....

But for a strong lady ....u just need to grow in love with them... With that u set ur boundaries, respect, trust and flexibility.....

Strong women makes a better wives.... If only u can study them and allow urself to understand what makes them complex
exactly,try to understand them and never act bossy or domineering becos they hate been relegated to back as if they've got nofin to offer,they can ne very independent to a fault. Far from wah y'all think,most strong/feisty women aint like weird mc oooooo,they are actually very attractive and cute
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2014
folameme: exactly,try to understand them and never act bossy or domineering becos they hate been relegated to back as if they've got nofin to offer,they can ne very independent to a fault. Far from wah y'all think,most strong/feisty women aint like weird mc oooooo,they are actually very attractive and cute

Don't I just like her already cheesy

Bae, It's official, I'm following you.

Btw, you might wanna consider strong and strike out feisty wink
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by folameme(f): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

Don't I just like her already cheesy

Bae, It's official, I'm following you.

Btw, you might wanna consider strong and strike out feisty wink
thnx sugar,yea that's true lol
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

Okay.

Check out these links:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html - ChlorMel

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html - Chlorphleg

**Warning**
Very Long but interesting read.

You might wanna let me know exactly which you are.
Mine's ENFJ btw

I'm actually thrilled at the possibility of meeting an exact personality typ, hence my inquisition.

grin many people don't know their Myers Brigg typology tongue
Mine is INFP. What does it translates to temperament wise?? All indications from LaHaye's book point to my being a MelSanPhleg. But I'm never depressed and very seldom am I critical and self deprecating so I don't get why Melancholy is my dominant temperament...
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
And to finally comment...
I can't marry any woman that's not strong. By strong here, I mean having a mind of her own, being assertive when the needs arises, having self initiative, drive and personal ambition. I don't want to end up with a yes-yes slave, I want a companion who is comfortable with herself and her personality and unapologetically expresses it without cowering to feed my false masculine ego. Docile and overly submissive won't work for me, it'll drain the life out of me.

But I definitely don't mean quarrelsome ooooo.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2014
Xcapist:

grin many people don't know their Myers Brigg typology tongue
Mine is INFP. What does it translates to temperament wise?? All indications from LaHaye's book point to my being a MelSanPhleg. But I'm never depressed and very seldom am I critical and self deprecating so I don't get why Melancholy is my dominant temperament...

You and Goofy's personality type isn't covered in LaHaye's temperament types.
You're more supine and phlegmatic.

Check out this link.
Hope it works.

http://personalitycafe.com/general-psychology/125108-mbti-jcf-4-temperaments.html

You should check these out too, when you can.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram_of_Personality

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

http://www.enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Spidermon: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2014
The only type of strong I know na woman wey dey carry weight.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by ihedinobi2: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Nope. Just be hot and know the secret of eternal youth and you have my love forever. Wetin I wan use ya strength do? I'm strong enough for two of us. grin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Nope. Just be hot and know the secret of eternal youth and you have my love forever. Wetin I wan use ya strength do? I'm strong enough for two of us. grin

Lolest,
Not that kind of strong/strength joor. cheesy
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
Spidermon:
The only type of strong I know na woman wey dey carry weight.

LoL
Humor me
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by ihedinobi2: 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest,
Not that kind of strong/strength joor. cheesy
cheesy

See ehn, there was a man that said to my hearing once, "i ma na even though I nugo nwaanyi, I ka needikwara onye gi na ya ga na-ako akuko". That was to justify his adultery. The guy was made o. The money was there. Beautiful wife. Probably kids too. But o ka neediri somebody to koo akuko with.

I keep saying that women are helpers. If I can't share my work with my wife, if I can't pick her brains over stuff back at the office and I can't share my business moves with her; if I can't share my leisure and love of adventure with her, my pet dreams and projects and stuff like that with her, she's not much use to me. I need to be able to trust her with everything I care about and I need to be able to share it all.

If I'm strong enough for everything I'm faced with, I simply won't bother with marriage. The only reason I would would be sex and for sex all I need is a hottie who stays hot for the rest of my life or hers whichever ends first. In fact, from such a woman I will not take any "intrusion" into any affairs of mine outside the bed. I might not even let her cook for me. Why the hell should I? If I can't do my own cooking and I've made the kind of money I like, I'll buy a cook.

Strength in a woman is very important to me. What I don't need is someone who thinks she's still got something to prove and challenges me at every drop of the pin.

1 Like

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
ihedinobi2:

cheesy

See ehn, there was a man that said to my hearing once, "i ma na even though I nugo nwaanyi, I ka needikwara onye gi na ya ga na-ako akuko". That was to justify his adultery. The guy was made o. The money was there. Beautiful wife. Probably kids too. But o ka neediri somebody to koo akuko with.

I keep saying that women are helpers. If I can't share my work with my wife, if I can't pick her brains over stuff back at the office and I can't share my business moves with her; if I can't share my leisure and love of adventure with her, my pet dreams and projects and stuff like that with her, she's not much use to me. I need to be able to trust her with everything I care about and I need to be able to share it all.

If I'm strong enough for everything I'm faced with, I simply won't bother with marriage. The only reason I would would be sex and for sex all I need is a hottie who stays hot for the rest of my life or hers whichever ends first. In fact, from such a woman I will not take any "intrusion" into any affairs of mine outside the bed. I might not even let her cook for me. Why the hell should I? If I can't do my own cooking and I've made the kind of money I like, I'll buy a cook.

Strength in a woman is very important to me. What I don't need is someone who thinks she's still got something to prove and challenges me at every drop of the pin.

And that about sums it up.
Your writing's full of positive energy.

I take it you're in a really good mood?
grin grin
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by ihedinobi2: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

And that about sums it up.
Your writing's full of positive energy.

I take it you're in a really good mood?
grin grin

Lol. Now that you mention it... grin

Actually, it was one of those gray days today. I'm just NL'ing it away.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by Spidermon: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
Humor me

Some women now will like to believe they are the definition of strong while most of them are just being narcissist. Some are crazy (I like crazy but not when it is almost reaching mental derangement.
So I class strength the same way in men and women. Any babe wey feel say she strong, no be by mouth. make she do 100 push ups
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by alphamars(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2014
@MizMyColi It actually depends on your POV (Point of View)
This is my dictionary view of Feisty : (of a person, typically one who is relatively small) lively, determined, and courageous.
And this too: touchy and aggressive.
We men wants our women to be lively, determined, and courageous but not aggressive.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2014
alphamars:
@MizMyColi It actually depends on your POV (Point of View)
This is my dictionary view of Feisty : (of a person, typically one who is relatively small) lively, determined, and courageous.
And this too: touchy and aggressive.
We men wants our women to be lively, determined, and courageous but not aggressive.

Yeah, right.
No one likes an aggressive lady actually. angry

That's why we substituted strong for feisty.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by TWEETFELLA: 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
They are only good as side chics. Daz all. And they can be very entertaining. Most runs gals are like that.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
TWEETFELLA:
They are only good as side chics. Daz all. And they can be very entertaining. Most runs gals are like that.

Hmmm
Na wa o.
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by onegig(m): 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
@op.
Nothing wrong in having a mind of your own but it becomes an issue and irritate most guys when you carry it on your head and not learn when to take a break and stop challenging every single decsion and actions all in the name of trying to assert yourself as a strong woman or a lady with a mind of her own. Nothing beats a strong woman with wisdom. Balance is key here and same even applies to the male folks

3 Likes

Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by MizMyColi(f): 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
The key is humility and mutual respect.
Being Calm, Collected, yet Strong, not feeble.
onegig:
@op.
Nothing wrong in having a mind of your own but it becomes an issue and irritate most guys when you carry it on your head and not learn when to take a break and stop challenging every single decsion and actions all in the name of trying to assert yourself as a strong woman or a lady with a mind of her own. Nothing beats a strong woman with wisdom. Balance is key here and same even applies to the male folks
Re: Can You Love A Strong Lady? by onegig(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
MizMyColi:
The key is humility and mutual respect.
Being Calm, Collected, yet Strong, not feeble.
Yeah very true. Firm but humble.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience with a lovepeddler (+photos) / What’s The Perfect Age Gap For An Ideal Relationship? / Lady Set To Wed In Few Hrs, Caught Pant Down With Ex Boyfriend At The Same Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.