Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola (31454 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by sapientia(m): 8:53am On Oct 02, 2014
I like Fashola ooo but he bleeped up on this one.. Are the people he mentioned not Nigerians?.. Could Lagos have been able to curb the spread without any single help from the FG?.. Nyways... Politicians trying to twist facts since 0ct 1st 1960

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by segend(m): 8:54am On Oct 02, 2014
"Encouraged by his administration’s successful containment of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD), President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed confidence about the imminent defeat of the Islamist terror group, Boko Haram.
His declaration comes at a time an optimistic Nigerian military is riding on the crest of the recent confirmation of the death of Mohammed Bashir, who was believed to have been posturing as Abubakar Shekau, to liberate more towns in the North-eastern states of Borno and Adamawa, which the terrorists control.
President Jonathan, who was speaking during the South-south Peoples Democratic Party rally in the Edo State capital Benin City, said just as he government was able to effectively address the Ebola Crisis, the insurgency in the Northeast would be defeated".

Jonathan made this statement during his last visit to the south-south, I believe that is the statement fashola is responding to.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Michky: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2014
najoke:
^
The PDP e-diots will not see this o but they can run their mouth that Fashola is using Ebola to score cheap point
They see only what they choose to see. I warned people against voting jona in 2011. They didnt listen. They are heading for the same mistake again. I so pity their lifes.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by UjSizzle(f): 8:55am On Oct 02, 2014
jaybee3:
UJuuuuuu...choi
Which kain eye you dey use watch oga fash? tongue tongue tongue tongue
He tugs the strings of my heart embarassed
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by maestroferddi: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2014
taharqa: Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??
Thank you for electing to speak with candour.

The greatest challenge bedevilling Nigeria is tribalism. Nothing makes sense provided it is not done by people from our respective camps.

A thought for Fashola who is infamously developing a penchant for noisemaking and rabble-rousing.

Someone needs to remind Mr Fashola that he is not the President of the country. There should be a better way of hankering for cheap popularity than making gratuitous statements.

Who did not see the Federal Government as led by the energetic Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu go into overdrive in a bid to contain the Ebola disease outbreak? Or did we not see the role played by a vindictive opposition in instigating the NMA/resident doctors in continuing a dangerous strike amidst a national health emergency?

Fashola should know better...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by tete7000(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2014
While I understand where Gov. Fashola is coming from and while I agree with some of his assertions. One thing we all must note is that anywhere within the international community where ebola is being mentioned, reference will not be made to Lagos defeating ébola but rather it will be Nigeria defeating ebola. Lagos is part of a big nation called Nigeria and all the names mentioned by the governor are Nigerians first before being anything else. Some of them are schooled in Federal institutions, some are federal employees. While kudos and big hug must be given to Lagos State for prompt action, we all must not forget that it was NIGERIA as a whole with the help of God that won the war against ebola and stop politicking this issue. A house divided against itself cannot stand or conquer ebola. God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 8:58am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

What you are trying to say is you don't know how to read and comprehend simple English words.

...more like you can't read between the lines. Read Fashola's speech on the issue of Ebola again and again then you just might understand what I mean. But I guess you won't because you sure do not have the ability. Peace, bro!
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by JuanDeDios: 8:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Obynobyl: Although I support pdp and this current president, I will gladly vote for Fashola if APC gives him the ticket, but if its the same crop of recycled leaders presonified in Atiku and co, I'll rather remain with GEJ.
I have to agree with the bolded. APC fIelds some yesterday general or some uninspiring born to rule fellow, I close my eyes, vote GEJ and brace myself for the mindless the should continue.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by jaybee3(m): 9:00am On Oct 02, 2014
UjSizzle:
He tugs the strings of my heart embarassed
choi mogbe....
ujuuuuuuuuuu
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by kenex4ever(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
taharqa: Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??
u r right bro.
Fashola is just trying hard to be heard. Though he is right to credit the success to d pipu above but leaving out the federal ministry of health is an act of ingratitude. FG has never discredited Lagos state in d success of ebola, what GEJ always say is "if we can join hands 2geda and fight bokoharam the way we did with ebola then BH would be history in no time." The above statement is generalized, so I don't know why fashola wants to claim as if FG did nothing in d fight against ebola.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Michky: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2014
tete7000: While I understand where Gov. Fashola is coming from and while I agree with some of his assertions. One thing we all must note is that anywhere within the international community where ebola is being mentioned, reference will not be made to Lagos defeating ébola but rather it will be Nigeria defeating ebola. Lagos is part of a big nation called Nigeria and all the names mentioned by the governor are Nigerians first before being anything else. Some of them are schooled in Federal institutions, some are federal employees. While kudos and big hug must be given to Lagos State for prompt action, we all must not forget that it was NIGERIA as a whole with the help of God that won the war against ebola and stop politicking this issue. A house divided against itself cannot stand or conquer ebola. God bless Nigeria!
what is dis one saying? CANT YOU SEE THAT JONATAN IS USING EBOLA TO SCORE CHEAP POINTS FOR 2015? Fashola is not even stoping jona from taking credit as Nigeria's president. ALL FASHOLA IS SAYING IS: GIVE CREDIT TO WHOM IT IS DUE.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by anonimi: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
Michky: is this what they told you or you've gone round for yourself? You have forgotten to put into account[b] the over-population in lagos[/b]. Believe it or not, all these things are in abundance in lagos. Just ask your pdp governors to perform so all their citizens will stay put. Instead of over crowding lagos for us.

The "over-population" is the basis for Lagos state's huge allocation from Abuja and its big IGR, not so

What is in abundance ALL over Lagos state among those I listed

[img]http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwiki/76/LGA_Lagos.png[/img]
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by bobonkiti101(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
I believe fashola made a great point but his views/reasoning is somewhat erroneous in this regard.
1.Ebola broke out in two states of the federation.
2.The outbreak was effectively contained by the collective efforts of the affected states and federal government whom are part of an entity called Nigeria.
3.GEJ as the president represents nigerians home and abroad.
4.GEJ in his speech declared that WE conquered ebola with the collective effort of nigerians. and gave credit to the lagos government even while stressing that it was an apc state to show oneness and unity in the country in times of crisis.
Then what is the point of fashola's rage. Frankly, if fashola was arguing that enough wasn't done to credit or reward those that actually did their JOB that they get paid for by treating ebola patients..my emotions will definitely appeal to his views,and i will understand. But from his speech, its obvious that he is just trying to score cheap political point in this critical election period. GEJ is the president of nigeria and not president for lagos state that is why GEJ takes the blame for kidnap,boko haram, corruption , bad road, poor. Electricity , bad hospitals .etc that happens in every state of the country.
In conclusion, fashola should hold his peace...nothing stops him from going an extra mile by awarding these brave people state awards or something instead of stirring political conflicts and divides amongst the poor masses who don't even know that they are being used as pawns.#my opinion

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by UjSizzle(f): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2014
jaybee3:
choi mogbe....
ujuuuuuuuuuu
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Not like you do na shocked
He has the human strings, you have the emotional strings (and that's a lot) kiss tongue
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2014
UjSizzle:
Not like you do na shocked
He has the human strings, you have the emotional strings (and that's a lot) kiss tongue
Smh.....
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by 0rlando0woh: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2014
Akainzo:

So in essence, you agree that your folks sold their souls for a plate of Tuwo when they chose and voted Yaradua over the Ikemba himself. No problem, I understand where you are coming from and thus your reasoning.
Ikemba contested and came third, he exercised his right in full. Can Fashola contest?
That is my point.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2014
Michky: please kindly show me, anywhere in that article where fashola took credit for himself or apc.

Please, kindly show me, anywhere, in GEJ speech where he took credit for himself or PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by onowu007(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2014
Gov Fash you Shey vex.,Go and huge Ebola patient .Jona as you win Ebola next is APC military wing (BH)

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by UjSizzle(f): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Mynd44:
Smh.....
Shift jare angry
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by anonimi: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2014
najoke:

^
Read the statement below from mr president.......

..........so who is trying to score cheap point now

Any chance of sharing the source of the statement?
Thanks.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 02, 2014
Typical of APC. FG has to be blamed for insurgency and all the bad things happening, but they should not take credit for the good things. I hear you. No wonder they have not said anything about the military's upper hand in the fight against insurgency.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Joniboi(m): 9:12am On Oct 02, 2014
lakpalakpa: It will be very unfair and a great loss to Nigerians if Fashola doesn't rule as President. He shows in very clear terms how well he understands the basics of good governance.

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool
You said it all...but will we ever have the best this country has to offer? Only time will tell. I weep for my fatherland! cry
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Mynd44: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2014
UjSizzle:
Shift jare angry
Okay
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by duni04(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: sentiment aside that compound belongs to the FG
it doesnt. Its a Lagos state owned and run institution
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by maestroferddi: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

Very refreshing unlike the corrupt and incompetent people giving themselves honors and awards in Abuja for looting and incompetence.

At your age you ought to know when a politician is playing on your intellect by telling you what you want to hear.

Cuban doctors are currently in Liberia and Sierra Leone battling Ebola. They did not first create media sensationalism before hitting the ground running.
The are speaking from the theatre of war.

I have zero tolerance for noisemakers...

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by tete7000(m): 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Michky: what is dis one saying? CANT YOU SEE THAT JONATAN IS USING EBOLA TO SCORE CHEAP POINTS FOR 2015? Fashola is not even stoping jona from taking credit as Nigeria's president. ALL FASHOLA IS SAYING IS: GIVE CREDIT TO WHOM IT IS DUE.

And if you read well through my post, you ll understand that it was addressed to Jonathan, to Fashola and to you too. Credit should be given to whoever worked or died working, politics should be pushed aside, all must realised that the battle is yet won- ebola-ridden countries still sorround us and prayer and praises should be offered to God who has helped us so far. Many of us grew up in homes with so much division that we see things only from the angle of you win and I lose. I will prefer that victory recorded so far be seen as victory for all. Are we really better than Liberia and the rest? No, it is just God that has helped us. We should thank God that that stupid Liberian walked into First Consultants and not any of our inefficient governmnet hospitals else we will probably be saying something else now.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2014
eye4eye:

To hell with Y1bos! I hate your guts for a reason. We shelter you in our land, yet you hairy chest, Igbo ungrateful foools still have the gut to insult your host. To hell with y'all. No peace for any Y1bos until we kick you out of our land.

Lol...I pity you because you will soon commit suicide. You hate their guts but you have not a single gut. Shame on you! Yes, they have hair chest which, of course, you Yoruba sisters find sexy jumping from bed to bed with them. grin Olodo rabata!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Segunj8(m): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2014
Fight all you want, as for me I just thank God Ebola entered Lagos 1st. If it had bng through any northern state or from the east.. U might not b alive to comment here.
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by supereagle(m): 9:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Booked
Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Alleybuy(m): 9:29am On Oct 02, 2014
Akainzo:

In that case, may you receive in your life what PDP has given Abia State since 1999.

Who is dis imbe;cile?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Bluetooth2:

The issue here is " do those involved directly deserve a credit " yes or no since you admitted that the FG was only involved indrectly ?

That would be a f00lish question to ask because nobody is disputing the fact that they deserve credit. Weda na 'involved directly' or 'involved indirectly' so far 'involved' dey inside.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Japan For 7th Tokyo International Conference / Pastor Ize-Iyamu Swept His Polling Unit / Obasanjo, Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar Meet In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.