Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola (31600 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Obama Okays Buhari’s Agenda For Defeating Boko Haram / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 4:05am On Oct 02, 2014

The First Consultants Hospital, Obalende during Governor Babatunde Fashola’s visit to the facility which has been certified ready for operation in the aftermath of the decontaminations done after the treatment of the index Ebola Virus Disease patient, the Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, on Friday, September 19, 2014. INSET: Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN (middle) interacting with the Chief Executive Officer/ Chief Medical Director, First Consultants Hospital Obalende, Dr Benjamin Ohiaeri (right) while the Commissioner for Health, Dr Jide Idris (left) watches.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 4:09am On Oct 02, 2014

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, SAN (5th right), Commissioner for Health, Dr Jide Idris (left), his Special Duties counterpart, Dr Wale Ahmed (right), Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Lanre Babalola (middle behind), Special Adviser on Public Health, Dr (Mrs) Yewande Adeshina (4th right) and the survivors of Ebola Virus Diseases – Dr Emenuo Kelechi (2nd left), Dr Ibeawuchi Morris (3rd left), Dr Fadipe Akinniyi (4th left), Mr. Dennis Akagha (3rd right) and Dr Adaora Igonoh (2nd right) during a visit to the Governor at the Lagos House, Ikeja, on Thursday, September 18, 2014.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 4:17am On Oct 02, 2014
WHO Lauds Fashola On Ebola Fight

Global acknowledgement of the sterling leadership shown by the Lagos State Government and Governor Babatunde Fashola, SAN in the containment of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the country came from no less a body than the World Health Organisation (WHO) on Thursday.
Speaking during a courtesy call on the Governor at the State House, Ikeja, the WHO Country Director, Dr Rui Vana Gaz said he and his team had come to transmit the compliment and high recognition of the top hierarchy of the WHO to the State Government for the excellent leadership the Governor provided in containing the Ebola Virus Disease.

He stated that the world body was happy with the way the State established the Isolation Ward with the necessary support and that the WHO also offered its support by deploying its staffs to support the Isolation Centre and supplying Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) and resource mobilization.
While re-echoing the view of Governor Fashola at some of the meetings held on the EVD about some missed opportunities which aided the importation of the disease, Dr Gaz said Nigeria must avoid any form of complacency to ensure that there is no other case.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/12/who-lauds-fashola-on-ebola-fight/

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2014
arresa:

Political parties shouldn't be taking credit and campaigning with ebola at the expense of the brave men and women that sacrificed their lives by paying the ultimate price.. That was thoughtless, mindless, crude, irresponsible and crass..

Political parties didn't take credit and campaign with Ebola at the expense of anyone. If you know any party who did, please tell us.

arresa: It is women like Stella Ameyo Adedevoh to whom such a claim rightly belongs. - Fashola.

She didn't conquer Ebola, Ebola conquered her. Kudos to her though...RIP.

arresa: Dear Lagosians, these were the people who saw and defeated Ebola. Let no person tell you otherwise.
These men and women, who showed courage, who risked their lives are our true champions and heroes.
They showed the spirit of service, the spirit of Lagos and the spirit of our “good old days”.
Nobody should take this credit away from them. - Fashola

He should be ashamed of himself for making these comments. Nobody is taking any credit from anybody. The credit, ultimately, goes to Nigeria and not Lagos state because she didn't act alone.

stress: What are these precautionary steps? Speeches and news conference. Abeg list them including the one that let ebola into Nigeria in the first place and the ebola vaccine they lied about...

I don't need to list them to you because you know them already, and followed them. If not you would have been dead by now. grin

arresa: Do you people read news or follow current affairs? What financial and material was provided. The Lagos state government and legislature released funds to fight ebola while your FG lied about releasing funds which they didn't do till victory was declared in Lagos and when the governor welcomed the survivors.

I do not think you follow trends in the country at all. All you do is dwell on hearsay. Because if you do you wouldn't utter all these. Why did they release funds? They shouldn't have but wait for FG. Bunch of mofos! Last I checked, the outbreak started in their domain so they had no option whatsoever but to release funds which FG supported with more funds.

arresa: Lagos state money fought Ebola, your FG change showed up after the fact when it was all over... It was medicine after death..

If your Lagos state money fought Ebola and the money from FG which you called 'change' showed up after all was over. Why did your Lagos collect the 200million FG change? I'm sure he will steal that money.

arresa: Like Fashola said, credit goes to the men and women on the ground fighting ebola including the ones that sacrificed their lives...

Nobody is disputing the fact that credit goes to those people on ground and who lost their lives. They are Nigerians, so credit goes to Nigeria ultimately. If you can't or don't have the brain to understand my simple argument then it's a pity...I can't help you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by figment232(m): 4:40am On Oct 02, 2014
lakpalakpa: It will be very unfair and a great loss to Nigerians if Fashola doesn't rule as President. He shows in very clear terms how well he understands the basics of good governance.

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool
Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 4:41am On Oct 02, 2014
figment232: Rubbish

Omo Y1bo, what is rubbish about that?

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by brainpower(m): 4:43am On Oct 02, 2014
I have always said we don't have an opposition in this country, what we have are political haters. I expected this kind of statement sooner from one of them. He is sectionalizing this country, ebola control was the collective effort of both state and FG. Outsiders don't see us as south, west, east or north, they see us as nigeria, they see us as one. And this is why every accolade must go to the FG. We are just playing politics with bitterness in this country, before you know it this ebola will be twisted by the opposition controlled media and Fashola has started it. He knows how much he will lose from internal revenue if he didn't work hard to stop the ebola, if not he would have been ordered by his Godfather not to do anything about the ebola afterall, it was a national epidemic and we know how unpatriotic they are. Starting from forcefully returning non-indegenes to sectionalizing this country by these statements, I think I can safely say that he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and this isn't the kind of people we want in the centre. And I really like this man but see what politics can do.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 4:47am On Oct 02, 2014
brainpower: I have always said we don't have an opposition in this country, what we have are political haters. I expected this kind of statement sooner from one of them. He is sectionalizing this country, ebola control was the collective effort of both state and FG. Outsiders don't see us as south, west, east or north, they see us as nigeria, they see us as one. And this is why every accolade must go to the FG. We are just playing politics with bitterness in this country, before you know it this ebola will be twisted by the opposition controlled media and Fashola has started it. He knows how much he will lose from internal revenue if he didn't work hard to stop the ebola, if not he would have been ordered by his Godfather not to do anything about the ebola afterall, it was a national epidemic and we know how unpatriotic they are. Starting from forcefully returning non-indegenes to sectionalizing this country by these statements, I think I can safely say that he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and this isn't the kind of people we want in the centre. And I really like this man but see what politics can do.

Foolish Y1bo PDP mouthpiece. You tried to be neutral but you failed. Read the poo you penned again. Stup1d Y1bo go and die if you have problem with Fashola. You son of an animal. Just go and die omo Y1bo.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 5:02am On Oct 02, 2014
eye4eye: I can see the Y1bos running wild here insulting Fashola. Koni dafun baba nlaku yin eyin omo Y1bo.

How can these animals called Y1bos be blaming Fashola with the support he gave to the health management team in Lagos? Where was Jonathan when Ebola was brought to lagos? The only thing we heard from GEJ was saying "Patrick Sawyer was a mad man". The only thing GEJ contributed to solving the case of Ebola was to insult Patric Sawyer.

The Y1bos seem love it when Jonathan claim responsibility for anything great done by others but absolves himself when things go wrong.

Ko baje fun eyin omo Igbos yio!

I hate Y1bos with passion.

Then you will die with a 'passionate' heart attack

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by fx45(m): 5:04am On Oct 02, 2014
eye4eye: I can see the Y1bos running wild here insulting Fashola. Koni dafun baba nlaku yin eyin omo Y1bo.

How can these animals called Y1bos be blaming Fashola with the support he gave to the health management team in Lagos?

The Y1bos seem love it when Jonathan claim responsibility for anything great done by others but absolves himself when things go wrong.

Ko baje fun eyin omo Igbos yio!

I hate Y1bos with passion.
Do U see these 'Y1bos' in Ur dreams every night? Its obvious they're tormenting U... Anyways I have a piece of advice for U.... Go And Die!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by davo3286: 5:08am On Oct 02, 2014
What Fashola is trying to tell us, indirectly, in a one sentenced summary is 'the credit should go to me and not anyone else'. Period!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by brainpower(m): 5:09am On Oct 02, 2014
eye4eye:

Foolish Y1bo PDP mouthpiece. You tried to be neutral but you failed. Read the poo you penned again. Stup1d Y1bo go and die if you have problem with Fashola. You son of an animal. Just go and die omo Y1bo.

Thanks. I feel your pain. Hope you are happy now?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 5:10am On Oct 02, 2014
brainpower: I have always said we don't have an opposition in this country, what we have are political haters. I expected this kind of statement sooner from one of them. He is sectionalizing this country, ebola control was the collective effort of both state and FG. Outsiders don't see us as south, west, east or north, they see us as nigeria, they see us as one. And this is why every accolade must go to the FG. We are just playing politics with bitterness in this country, before you know it this ebola will be twisted by the opposition controlled media and Fashola has started it. He knows how much he will lose from internal revenue if he didn't work hard to stop the ebola, if not he would have been ordered by his Godfather not to do anything about the ebola afterall, it was a national epidemic and we know how unpatriotic they are. Starting from forcefully returning non-indegenes to sectionalizing this country by these statements, I think I can safely say that he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and this isn't the kind of people we want in the centre. And I really like this man but see what politics can do.

This is the dumbest and the most unintelligent and ignorant rubbish ever.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arresa: 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
davo3286: What Fashola is trying to tell us, indirectly, in a one sentenced summary is 'the credit should go to me and not anyone else'. Period!

What you are trying to say is you don't know how to read and comprehend simple English words.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 5:12am On Oct 02, 2014
davo3286:

To hell with Y1bos! I hate your guts for a reason. We shelter you in our land, yet you hairy chest, Igbo ungrateful foools still have the gut to insult your host. To hell with y'all. No peace for any Y1bos until we kick you out of our land.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 5:14am On Oct 02, 2014
brainpower:

Thanks. I feel your pain. Hope you are happy now?

Shut your trap, you stinking hairychest, ungrateful piece of sh!t. Be prepared for what is coming. We are chasing you out of our land soon back to your landlocked erosion ravaged, red clay land.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2014
davo3286:

The same way heart attack has been killing your ancestors; including Ojuku who died like a poisoned dog.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by bongila(f): 5:15am On Oct 02, 2014
Politics of hatred Oga Fash! It won't kill you for once to acknowledge the part the FG played during the outbreak. Even making statements like this,shows you in a bad light.
It was a collective effort afterall,stop being bitter.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by brainpower(m): 5:21am On Oct 02, 2014
eye4eye:

Shut your trap, you stinking hairychest, ungrateful piece of sh!t. Be prepared for what is coming. We are chasing you out of our land soon back to your landlocked erosion ravaged, red clay land.

Ignorance. My state is the biggest state that feeds this nation. Thanks again for showing how small your mind is.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Very petty state governor with his petty attack dogs.

The Americans only few days ago recorded the first case of ebola diagnosed on American soil. The debate in that country is not about who should take credit and for what but it is centred on what they COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY FOR A BETTER OUTCOME. It is about why the healthcare system didn't suspect ebola and isolate the index case on the first day of presentation rather than on the second day.

Africans have a long way to go.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 5:22am On Oct 02, 2014
brainpower:

Ignorance. My state is the biggest state that feeds this nation. Thanks again for showing how small your mind is.

Werey!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by eye4eye: 5:23am On Oct 02, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Very petty state governor with his petty attack dogs.

The Americans only few days ago recorded the first case of ebola diagnosed on American soil. The debate in that country is not about who should take credit and for what but it is centred on what they COULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY FOR A BETTER OUTCOME. It is about why the healthcare system didn't suspect ebola and isolate the index case on the first day of presentation rather than on the second day.

Africans have a long way to go.

Petty in what sense? go back to your erosion ravaged land and leave us alone in Lagos.

We love Fashola here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by 0rlando0woh: 5:32am On Oct 02, 2014
lakpalakpa: It will be very unfair and a great loss to Nigerians if Fashola doesn't rule as President. He shows in very clear terms how well he understands the basics of good governance.

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool
It is also quite unfortunate that he sold his birth right to the Fulanis for a plate of Túwò Shinkafa

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Kingspin(m): 5:36am On Oct 02, 2014
When did Mr president and PDP say na them treated and ended ebola. Am hearing this not from the horses mouth. All mr president always said Collectively we, nigerians fought ebola. And d same way we can build nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by arewafederation: 5:42am On Oct 02, 2014

Oga, I don't blame you for this dumb post... I find those that liked this post much more irritating.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Nobody: 5:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Lol.... The governor has a point.

But let's stop deceiving outsiders with the expression "spirit of Lagos". If there is anything like such spirit, it should be worse than anything you've ever seen on Emmanuel TV.

Nigeria has curtailed the spread of Ebola! Thanks be to God. Of course, it would surely be in one state since there's no state called "Nigeria".

Just saying. Hope you guys had quality times yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by otokx(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2014
Fashola has set the records straight by naming most of if not all the health workers that were involved in the ebola experience in Lagos which has always been the centre of excellence.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Governor Fashola,weldone!!My best governor ever liveth!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by Energito: 5:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Greensaint: Don't give credit to fg for Ebola containment? Yes but blame the fg for missing chibok girls.
When it is failure blame the fg but when it is success deny them. Childish state governors.
well said bros.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by ElekeNtioba: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014
Politicizing every issue!...sumtyms i wish dis country went back to d days of d military regimes. Den tins were much simpler.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by GLOBALX: 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014
taharqa: Fashola shld keep his fucckin mouth SHUT. WTH!!! I kinda like Fash but I just find frivilous peeps disgusting! If d ebola outbreak had become an epidermic, wud Fash not hv been amongst d loudmouths callin Jona's name and askin for his head. Wait! Weren't dis same Fash and Co already blamin him for 'allowin' Sawyer tru d 'national' airport wen they thought it might get outa hand.... Who provided the facilities and personnels at d National Disease Control Centre, d very body in charge of coordinating the onslaught against ebola? Who provided d framework for d tracing of suspected 'contact' persons? Who servd as d link bw critical international bodies like d CDC, World bank and Doctorswithoutborders? Who provided continuous and effective screening at our Airports, Seaports and border crossings? Who provided d protective gears, drugs and oda equipments to most states centres across d country? Who coordinated Info dissemination during d period, a very critical part of disease control anywhere? Who fucckin gave both Lagos and Rivers state #200m each to fight d disease? Who in their read senses wud even questn d central role of a national Govt in any sort of disease control sef??
Oga,ur ranting nor change d fact say Ebola should not be included in Pdp campaign...no be PDP fight Ebola so abeg parkwell.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, PDP Can’t Claim Credit For Defeating Ebola — Governor Fashola by englishmart(m): 5:48am On Oct 02, 2014

Eko ONI baje oooo!!!!

cool
everybody will rule Nigeria Including peter rufai. Sorry, I mean MR IBU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Amaechi At Ojo Maduekwe's Burial With PDP Members (Photos) / Ganduje: The Mistake We Used To Nail Kwankwaso, Gov Yusuf / Biafra: Withdraw Troops From South-East Now - US Group Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.