|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,928,977 members, 3,973,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 17 December 2017 at 01:36 AM
Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (1) (2) (3) (4)
|... by FKO81(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2014|
I'm not creating this thread to exaggerate or brag but to inform those that lack information about my humble state. Anambra state is endowed with great men and women who have excelled in various fields of academics, business,politics etc. Anambra state capital and the seat of Government is Awka. Onitsha and Nnewi are the biggest commercial and industrial cities, respectively. The state's theme is "Light Of The Nation". Boundaries are formed by Delta State to the west, Imo State and Rivers State to the south, Enugu State to the east and Kogi State to the north. The origin of the name is derived from the Anambra River (Omambala) which is a tributary of the famous River Niger.
The indigenous ethnic group in Anambra state are the Igbo (98% of population) and a small population of Igala (2% of the population) who live mainly in the north-western part of the state.
Anambra is the eighth most populated state in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the second most densely populated state in Nigeria after Lagos State. The stretch of more than 45 km between Oba and Amorka contains a cluster of numerous thickly populated villages and small towns giving the area an estimated average density of 1,500–2,000 persons per square kilometer. Anambra is rich in natural gas, crude oil, bauxite, ceramic and has an almost 100 percent arable soil. In the year 2006, foundation laying ceremony for the first Nigerian private refinery Orient Petroleum Refinery (OPR) was made at Aguleri area. The Orient Petroleum Resource Ltd, (OPRL) owners of OPR, was licensed in June 2002, by the Federal Government to construct a private refinery with a 55,000 b/d capacity. Furthermore, Anambra state is a state that has many other resources in terms of agro-based activities like fishery and farming, as well as land cultivated for pasturing and animal husbandry. Currently, Anambra State has the lowest poverty rate in Nigeria. Primary and secondary school enrollment in the state is one of the highest in the country. Consequently, Anambra state has the highest number of JAMB candidates going after the limited number of spaces in Nigeria's tertiary colleges, and since 2011/2012 till date (2014) has made the best results in both WAEC and NECO conducted senior secondary school examinations.
50 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: ... by christejames(m): 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2014|
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Academias from Anambra state:
1. Dr Pius Okigbo first Nigerian PHD in Economics
2. prof Philip emeagwali inventor of super computer
3. Prof Okoye first Nigerian professor of physics
4. Chike Obi first Nigerian professor of mathematicsa, Mathematician famous for his work on non-differential equations won the 1985 ICTP Price
5. prof Kodilnye first Nigerian professor of medicine
6. Professor Kenneth Dike a pre-eminent scholar of African History and was. the first indigenous Vice-Chancellor of the University of Ibadan and founder of the National Archives.
7. Prof James Ezelio first Nigerian professor differential calculus
8. prof Chinua Achebe great novelist
* Cyprian Ekwensi MFR, a writer of international repute
9. Emeka Anyaoku first African commom wealth chairman
10. Prof Ben Enwonwu first Nigerian sculptor of international repute with artwork gracing the United Nations headquarters
11. Professor Samuel Okoye was black Africa's first PhD in RadioAstronomy.
who along with Antony Hewish of the University of Cambridge discovered the radio source of Crab Nebula neutron star.
12.Chief Jerome Udoji a social reformer was the first African to be made a 'D.O' (District Officer) by the Colonial Administration
13. Chimamanda Adichie Novelist
14. Gilbert Kodilinye BA(Oxon) MA(Oxon) LL.M(Lond) Barrist -at-Law
15. Prof Dora Akunyili Pharmacologist
16. Oby Ezekwezili former world bank Charlady in Africa
17. Olisa Agbakoba first NBA president
* Lieutenant-General Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor, appointed in 2008 by UN
Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon as Military Advisor on UN Peacekeeping. Operations.
18 Charles Soludo Economist and fromer CBN Governor
19. Chinwe Chukwuogo-Roy MBE, a London-based visual artist. The first black artist to paint a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II when commissioned to paint the official Golden Jubilee portrai
20. Francis Akpuaka - a renowned professor of plastic surgery
* Ernest Ndukwe former NCC boss
* Laz Ekwueme
45 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Politicians from Anambra
22. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe first Nigeria president
23. Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme frontline Politician, Architect and the first executive Vice-President of Nigeria
* Nwafor Orizu the first Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
24. Dim Emeka Ojukwu - the leader of the secessionist Biafra Republic
25. Edwin Umezuoke former Chairman ANPP
26. Dr Chuba Okadigbo Oyi of Oyi former Senate president
27.Chukwuemeka Ezife former Governor of Anambra state
28 Chief Victor Umeh Apga nationa chairman
29. Chuka Umunna, a British Labor Party Member of Parliament for Streatham constituency
30. Chinyelu Onwurah, a British Labor Party politician, who was elected at the 2010 general election as the Member of Parliament for Newcastle-upon-Tyne Central, becoming the first female British MP of African origin
* Barrister Olisa Metuh PDP national publiclty secretary.
31 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: ... by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2014|
christejames: Why did u waste ur MB to create this worthless thread? Nna, quit boasting, everyone already know the potential of that state especially the indigenous members. No one makes himself king and rule for so long!
Wtf are you on about?
If you don't like the thread,BOUNCE!
|Re: ... by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Guy,show us pictures.
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2014|
* Sir louis Odiumegwu Ojukwu first Nigerian millionaire and also first Nigerian stock exchange persident
31.Sir Emeka Offor CEO Chrom Energy, Enugu disco etc.
32. Dr ABC Orjiakor CEO Seplat Plc, Neimith pharmaceuticals etc.
33. Engr Ernest Azudialu CEO Nestoil, Century power generation, Smile Network etc.
* Arthur Eze CEO Altlas Oranto petrolum
*. Ex Gov Peter Obi Fidelity bank, Next etc.
* Andy Uba politician, Oil merchant
34 Cos Maduka CEO Coscharies motors, Abro motor products, Coched farm etc.
35. Emma Bishop Okonknwo CEO Ekulo group
36. Clement Ibeto CEO Ibeto group, Cement, Oil Merchant, Motor products, Real Estate, Farm and Hotels.
37.Ifeanyi Uba Capital Oil etc
38. Chief (Dr.) Alexander Chika Okafor CEO Chicason group, AZ oil.
39 Innocent Chukwuma Innoson Motors etc.
40. Nicolas Ukachukwu CEO SNECOU Group of Companies Limited
41. SIR. Daniel Chukwudoze Dozzy Oil
42 Sir. Nath Okechukwu Chairman Inter-bau Construction Ltd
43 HRH. Igwe Alfred Achebe Obi of Onitsha Chairman Daimon bank and unilever Plc.
44. Sir Emeka Okwuosa Chairaman Oil serve group, Ekcel Farms Ltd
45. Nnetochukwu Azubuike Oil merchant, Genesis hotel and Genesis deluxe cinemas
46 Odumodu CEO May&Baker
47 Chief Poly Emenike Nero Pharmaceutical
48. Mrs. Stella Okoli Emzor
* Nkechi Obi. Tchno oil
* Ben Anakwe NIPCO oil,
* Stella Odua Former aviation minister, CEO SPG
* Dame Felicia Okoli CEO Armak group of companies
* Uju Ifejika CEO Britannia-U
* William Uzoma Anumudu Chairman Global motors Holding
* Enukeme Linus Azubuike Chairman Tonimas Group
* Obiajulu Uzodike Cutix wire plc
* Chigioke Anumoka Chairman Cotech and Tummy tummy. noodles
49. Mike Ajegbo Minaj Tv, Cement and real estate
*. DA Nwandu Construction, real estate
50. Young shall grow
51. Chisco group
52, Ekenedilichukwu trans
53. GUO Okeke
54. CN Okoli
55 Izuchukwu trans
56. PN. Omerua
57. FG. Onyewe
34 Likes 8 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2014|
54.Blessed Cyprian Michael Iwene Tansi (born in Aguleri, Anambra State, in September 1903 – died in Leicester, England, January 24, 1964) was an Igbo from Aguleri in Anambra East. He was ordained a Roman Catholic priest of the Archdiocese of Onitsha, Nigeria on December 19, 1937. He worked in the parishes of Nnewi, Dunukofia, Akpu/Ajalli and Aguleri and was later a Cistercian monk at Mount Saint Bernard Monastery in England. Pope John Paul II beatified him on March 22, 1998, saying "Blessed Cyprian Michael Tansi is a prime example of the fruits of holiness which have grown and matured in the Church in Nigeria since the Gospel was first preached in this land.
55.Cardinal Francis Arinze, once considered a potential Pope.
* Bishop Okonkwo
56. Osita Osedebe
56. Oliver dicoco
57. Moroco Nwamaduka
58. Ozoemena Nwazugbe
59. Chinyere Udoma
60. Gozie Okeke
61. Peter and Paul Okoye (Psquare)
62. Chinedu Okoli (Flavour N'abania)
63. Azubuike Chibuzo Nelson (Phyno)
64. Kingsley Chinweike Okonkwo (Kcee) Limbobo master
66. Oziomachukwu Favour Mojekwu (Osy bosco)
67. Amobi Okoye - Youngest American football player to play for the NFL (2004), currently plays for the Houston Texans
68 John Mikel Obi
68. Chika Okpala, aka Chief Zebrudaya
70. Chidi Nmokeme
72. Oge Okoye
73. Amachi Nmanago
* Rita Edochie
* Yul Edochie
* Ngozi Ezeonu
* Steve Onu "Yaw WAZOBIA FM"
26 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: ... by 3dankey(m): 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Wow nice, I am very happy with this. Please keep it up and let the mods take note of haters, Please we do not want haters here. OdenigboAroli, please next time just ignore his post and let the Op continue with his good posts. If you continue to engage such people this thread will not last.
We also need pictures and please label them. Thank you and may God bless u.
9 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Our democratic elected governors are doing their best to change the land scape of our state since the advent of Nigeria democracy.
With an annual population growth rate of 2.21 percent per annum, Anambra State has over 60% of its people living in urban areas making it one of the most urbanized places in Nigeria. The major urban centres of Anambra state are Onitsha including Okpoko, Nnewi, and Awka. Awka and Onitsha developed as pre-colonial urban centres with Awka as the craft industrial centre of the Nri hegemony; and Onitsha the city state on the Niger and a river port and commercial centre.
Onitsha is a fast-growing commercial city, and has developed to become a huge conurbation extending to Idemili, Oyi and Anambra East LGAs with one of the largest markets in West Africa. Nnewi (the Taiwan of Nigeria) is a rapidly developing industrial and commercial centre; and Awka, by becoming the state capital is, as it were, regaining its precolonial administrative eminence.
Other main towns of Anambra state are: Abagana, Aguleri, Awka-Etiti, Awgbu, Lilu, Azigbo, Igbariam, Enugwu Aguleri, Omor, Aguluzigbo, Umumbo, Nkwelle-Ezunaka, Abatete, Achina, Agulu, Amorka, Aguluezechukwu, Ogidi, Obosi, Ihiala, Amichi, Uga, Uli, Ubuluisiuzor, Abagana, Alor, Nsugbe, Atani, Nkpor, Eziowelle, Ezinifite, Oba, Ichi, Ojoto, Oraifite, Ozubulu, Umuawulu, Umunze, Umuoji, Umunachi, Umudioka, Unubi, Umunya, Umuleri, Awkuzu, Utuh, Ogbunike, Nteje, Ekwulobia, Igbo-Ukwu, Ichida, Ora-Eri, Ihembosi, Akwaukwu, Uke, Ukpo, Ifitedunu, Okija, Mbosi, Ajalli, Oko, Oraukwu, Osumenyi, Nnobi, Nnokwa, Ideani, Adazi-Nnukwu, Adazi-Enu, Umuanaga, Adazi Ani, Nanka, Nimo, Nneni, Mmiata Anam, Awkuzu, Ebenebe, Enugwu Ukwu, Enugwu-Agidi, Umueze Anam, Nawfia, Amawbia,Ikenga,<Ikenga> Agukwu, Nando, Nanka, Nnokwa, Amansea, Amanuke, Achalla, Mgbakwu, Ugbenu, Umunya, Ugbenne, Umuchu, Umuomaku, Isuaniocha, Azia, Utuh, Akwaeze, Omogho, Akpu, Amesi, Ebenator, Nibo, Mbaukwu, Nise, Achala, Ukpor, Akpo, Okpeze, Amaetiti, Iseke, Anaku, Isuofia, Oba-Ofemili, Okpeze, Nawfija, Isulo, Ufuma, Aguluzoigbo, Ogbunka, Orsumoghu, Ezinihite, Ezira, Obeledu, Ndiukwuenu, Nawgu, Awa, Nkpologwu, Amaokpala, Owellezukala, Ndi-okpaleke, Ndikelionwu, Abba, Ekwulumili, Anaku, Igbakwu, Umuerum, Umumbo, Ifite-Ogwari, Omasi, Umueje.
Pictures of Onitsha Eastern Economic hub
15 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Governance is a continues process former Governor Mr. Peter Obi Performed well and has handed the baton to Gov. Willie Obiano and he is doing wonders in Anambra.
More from Onitsha
16 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:37pm On Oct 02, 2014|
12 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by 3dankey(m): 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Nice Op, please the 2nd and last pictures, are they part of SABMiller boundary. The place look very beautiful. Please those people that are saying that PETER OBI did not try his best are just wicked and don't understand what the man have done (Note: I hv nt benefited from him, but need to air my view).
When I was serving in Delta state(Abah-Unor close 2 Ogwashi-uku) early last year, some one that was working in Zenit Bank (cos they do transaction with them) told me that the first 500 staff that will work in SABMILLER will be anambra citizens (that was what they were told, cos he wanted to help his own brother).
Please Op, continue with ur good works and don't allow detractors to disturb you (the way chino did).
24 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2014|
More from Onitsha
9 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2014|
More from Onitsha
8 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by olodoowoh: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Anambrarians brag a lot and it's gonna make we other igbo people start bashing them on nairaland. Very arrogant set of people.
4 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Gov. Willie Obiano is trying his best on every single day to beautify Onitsha and others towns, 3rd and 4th pictures Awka the capital city
14 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2014|
[quote author=olodoowoh]Anambrarians brag a lot and it's gonna make we other igbo people start bashing them on nairaland. Very arrogant set of people.
Sorry Bro if I have offended you, One Love!
|Re: ... by olodoowoh: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2014|
FKO81: .that how chino and lots of anambrarians also feel like they are lords over we other igbo entities, most times I don't tackle you guys just to let peace reign. I don't even know what's outstanding about the anambra sef.
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2014|
More from Onisha
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2014|
More from Onitsha
|Re: ... by Chiwude(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Another Chino thread.
|Re: ... by Francis5: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2014|
This is idiocy at the highest. These dirty pictures you are proud of displaying here?
|Re: ... by olodoowoh: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Chiwude: Another Chino thread.op isn't chino, check very well.
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2014|
More from Osha
11 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2014|
|Re: ... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 02, 2014|
[size=28pt]If i see brownroof here make i suspend for air[/size]
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2014|
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Onitsha hotel and Convention center under construction.
12 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by cjrane: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2014|
Good Job Op!
More ofe-akwu to your elbow!
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2014|
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ... by FKO81(m): 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014|
FKO81: Onitsha Mall
9 Likes 1 Share
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123