Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1228109 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Right now in Awka, passed through Aroma to get some things at Thrillers and was surprised at the level of work going at the flyover site. Workers are on ground, unfortunately, I didn't come with my camera. It didnt occur to me I'd be passing through the site but I still managed to steal some shots with phone.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
massive work is ongoing at the Enugu/osha expressway, one lane is blocked, the gutters are gigantic. IDC is the contractor.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Earlier passed through the Awka shoprite site. It looked abandoned or so my friend to me. If I happen to come back here, then I'll get better pictures.
Hotels springing up everywhere in Awka. I saw traffic lights around the eke Awka axis. wow! Obiano should please ban okada for Christ's sake.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:
I dey laugh, Anambra south is for PDP. Do you know this guy? cheesy cheesy
it would be a disgrace for this man to become senator no offence

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is what is called real advancement and solid development with depth..

FreeGlobe:
Right now in Awka, passed through Aroma to get some things at Thrillers and was surprised at the level of work going at the flyover site. Workers are on ground, unfortunately, I didn't come with my camera. It didnt occur to me I'd be passing through the site but I still managed to steal some shots with phone.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is the nonsense Peter obi built as secretarial in Anambra. The house is already falling apart. smh

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by castrogee(m): 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Please ndi Anambra ibem, can someone give me an update on the current status of Orient refinery. Is the refinery an abandoned project? Or is it still in the pipeline? What about the claims of oil deposits found in Anambra, are those claims valid or has it been rejected? Pardon my inquisitiveness, I'm not in ground to ascertain things for myself. I'm somewhere far away from home.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
Forward ever...

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:
massive work is ongoing at the Enugu/osha expressway, one lane is blocked, the gutters are gigantic. IDC is the contractor.
if only fg can do their bit on the remaining part of the expressway
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
wow, the gigantic federal Secretariat going on at the executive business district. I always wanted to know the level of this job but was surprised it is almost completed. This is almost at par with the Abuja Secretariat. Ndigbo will be foolish not to vote Jonathan! Wish I was with my ipad on this trip. more side shots coming

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
I saw over 100 cabs parked at ABS and many buses at governors lodge amawbia. could this be a yes to okada ban?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
asha80:
it would be a disgrace for this man to become senator no offence
eselu is a grassroots man like fayose. He will win, I want him to win. Its Senate not governorship.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Serious work is ongoing at Orient refinery, even 48km standard gauge road with bridges to the oil rig is fast ongoing too. There is limited access to the refinery due to security barricades. Orient petroleum is already producing crude oil in the Anambra basin.

castrogee:
Please ndi Anambra ibem, can someone give me an update on the current status of Orient refinery. Is the refinery an abandoned project? Or is it still in the pipeline? What about the claims of oil deposits found in Anambra, are those claims valid or has it been rejected? Pardon my inquisitiveness, I'm not in ground to ascertain things for myself. I'm somewhere far away from home.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 5:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This is the nonsense Peter obi built as secretarial in Anambra. The house is already falling apart. smh

There is a permanent state Secretariat inside Awka built by Peter Obi. That structure is solid. I visited the place three years ago. Chino once shared the pic on this forum.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 5:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nwanne stop this your unnecessary jabs. You actually took this picture from the premises of the ongoing federal secretariat. Below are different sections of the state secretariat. It is massive and one of best east of the niger considering the project budget.

FreeGlobe:

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ozubulu Boys/Ihembosi rural Road awarded today by Obiano!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
More!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
investnow2013:
Ozubulu Boys/Ihembosi rural Road awarded today by Obiano!
don't you think it is better he concentrates on finishing existing road constructions before embarking on new ones considering dwindling revenue

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 5:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Schematics:
Nwanne stop this your unnecessary jabs. You actually took this picture from the premises of the ongoing federal secretariat. Below are different sections of the state secretariat. It is one of best east of the niger considering the project budget.

I'm not talking about the floor, I'm talking about the quality of the building. Yes, I took the photo the fed Secretariat premises. by the way have you seen the Secretariat chime is building in Enugu before talking your east of the niger

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Government should do something about the indiscriminate pasting of campaign posters in Awka and Onitsha. This is unsightly. Even the flyover under construction is not spared. It has been flooded with posters. Some areas should be earmarked for campaign posters.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
The governor is a technocrat, a banker and a chartered accountant that has worked as an auditor to Chevron Texaco International for more than 2 decades so he knows how best to channel and maximize resources.

asha80:
don't you think it is better he concentrates on finishing existing road constructions before embarking on new ones considering dwindling revenue

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
ACM10:

There is a permanent state Secretariat inside Awka built by Peter Obi. That structure structure is solid. I visited the place three years ago. Chino once shared the pic on this forum.
is it different from the building I posted? So this one is temporary? I've not seen it then if so.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
Let us not go there. Considering the budgets for the two secretariats, Anambra secretariat is still very much outstanding in the east..

FreeGlobe:

I'm not talking about the floor, I'm talking about the quality of the building. Yes, I took the photo the fed Secretariat premises. by the way have you seen the Secretariat chime is building in Enugu before talking your east of the niger

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
asha80:
Some of these roads are very important & have been in the drawing board & even during Mr Peter Obi's tenure!.These roads are all covered in the budget!. Obiano will be awarding another contract for Some roads in Awada & Ugwuagba layout Obosi like Nwaziki,Nepa,John Bosco/ Electrical Market Roads!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
Also passed through Kwata and Amawbia flyovers, work is slow in those places especially kwata.When these projects are completed, Awka will be it.
Btw one would think Victor umeh is contesting for governorship with his publicity everywhere. He must be a joker to think he'll defeat Ngige.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 9inches(m): 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
asha80:
Trying to teach a banker how to spend, huh? Some people sef lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by castrogee(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2015
oneeast:
Serious work is ongoing at Orient refinery, even 48km standard gauge road with bridges to the oil rig is fast ongoing too. There is limited access to the refinery due to security barricades. Orient petroleum is already producing crude oil in the Anambra basin.

Honestly, I feel very elated whenever I hear this kind of news coming from Anambra state. Come to think of it, all over Nigeria, I don't think there's any state that has produced more individual accomplishment than Anambra state. Believe me, I see no reason why Lagos should be ahead of Anambra in GDP generation. In fact, I believe Anambra state has got all it takes to be thier own country. Honestly, I thank God I'm an anambrarian. The feelings I get being an anambrarian almost assures me that I'm created for an impact.

That said, I beleive time has come when Ibos should start looking inwards and start to develop their land. Remeember! Charity they say, begins at home. We have developed Nigeria for far too long, and yet very painfully - Nigeria has not recognized the immense contribution of the Ibos, it's now time to be a little selfish. I could remember when I was doing my NYSC in Osun state, over 80% of the plazas in Osogbo were being owned and managed by the Ibos, honestly I'm not making this up. We need to make Anambra work. I will be glad to see a situation where Ibo graduates no longer go to Abuja or Lagos to look for jobs, But just to turn right, and go straight down to either Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, Aba, Umuahi, Owerri or Enugu and get a well paid job.

Please, keep updating this tread with the positive advancement of my lovely state. And may we all support the governor to succeed.

May God bless Anambra FOREVER!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 6:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Also passed through Kwata and Amawbia flyovers, work is slow in those places especially kwata.When these projects are completed, Awka will be it.
Btw one would think Victor umeh is contesting for governorship with his publicity everywhere. He must be a joker to think he'll defeat Ngige.
gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
gringringringrin
grin grin
inno kedu ije? Nna that mans campaign budget is alarming. His double sized posters are all over the state, everywhere, every space, not to talk of billboards. Dude is really ready for Ngige grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chino were is greenwood and proposed three arms zone located? Is it at the executive business district since the courts are here?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
FreeGlobe:

grin grin
inno kedu ije? Nna that mans campaign budget is alarming. His double sized posters are all over the state, everywhere, every space, not to talk of billboards. Dude is really ready for Ngige grin
If only elections were won on billboards.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Greenwood is like another city altogether..I mean it is very massive. Below is the ongoing six lanes standard gauge access way with walkway that leads into the hood, it is quite opposite the Awka shoprite mall. The construction of the Three Arm Zone has since taken inside the Greenwood city. You need to drive down this road far inside before you can sight the massive construction ongoing at the Three Arms Zone, though you will not be allow to get near for security reasons. Greenwood will rated amongst Banana Island and Centenary city Abuja when completed.

FreeGlobe:
Chino were is greenwood and proposed three arms zone located? Is it at the executive business district since the courts are here?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.