Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227366 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
collins6381:

Where is she from if not anambra??

She's originally from Enugu state.

The daughter of frontline politician, C.C Onoh.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
So disappointed with the statement you corrected, its a pity that some people still think like cave men in this dispensation, just wondering what Enugu has to do with her performance if she is deemed fit
Igbonazy:

*Orji Theodore* NOT Abians,sacked non-abia igbo workers. Blame that on fascism. Fascism must never be tolerated in igboland. Chinese democracy would be the best form of government in igboland.
Thanks anyway for correcting that clueless statement.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
tit:
this obiano looks like a third world dictator

^^^Care to explain?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 4:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
Obiano is a modern day Hitman tongue

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
Video renders of one of the Awka flyovers. The making of Nigeria's Dubai..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=232340796936478

Video: courtesy of IDC construction company, the construction company handling the flyovers.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by collins6381(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Kagame:

She's originally from Enugu state.

The daughter of frontline politician, C.C Onoh.
kk
thanks for the info
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2015
on my way to NIMC office at enugwu-agidi this morning for my national ID registration, I decided to stop by & took a tour of the ongoing construction of the 3 flyovers at amaobia junction, kwata junction & aroma junction in awka. I must say that I'm impressed with IDC. the quality & speed of the work is likely to be measured with those big names we hear in the construction business. I don't want to mention name. I took few shots, I'm gonna feed you with pix soon.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
this is amawbia flyover, the last time I passed here, I didn't see those beams

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetenemy: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
when will dey start using steel to build solid structure?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
still amawbia...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
let's go to kwata...no beams yet but they are getting there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
more on kwata...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nice pics. . . Anambra is marching forward

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetenemy: 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
Too many beautiful buildings in Anambra. I like the building in the pic directly above and overlooking the road.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
now...the big one...aroma flyover seems to be receiving more attention, it seems to be far ahead of others even though It's the longest among the 3

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
the speed of the work is out of this world... still aroma!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetenemy: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Obiano has his work cut out. Too much work but God be his strength. God bless Obiano! God bless Anambra!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Get2go: 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
Arroma Junction

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
still amawbia...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
it may interest you to know that work has commenced on the other side of the expressway. from aroma down to unizik junction have been scraped.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2015
the dust was so much...I couldn't capture this shot clearly... sorry for the poor pix

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
Obiakpo and his giant strides..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
enochnochi:
the dust was so much...I couldn't capture this shot clearly... sorry for the poor pix

Bro,
Thank you very much for the updates. It gladens my heart that our able Governor Obiano did not abandon these great projects due to shortage of funds from the center.

Thank you again and God bless you for the wonderful updates.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Igbonazy:

Fortunatly sir,igbos are not misogynists. You guys are in the minority and MUST always respect the wish of the Majority.
If Bianca has an excellent leadership quality and she's chosen to succeed obiano,WHY NOT!

Believe me guy,I like Bianca and see her like an Anambra woman but let's be honest governorship is off her reach. And for correction purposes I actually support adventurous women. So,I don't know where you pulled that grammar,MISOGYNIST from.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:55pm On Mar 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Bianca ojukwu is certainly not happy with former governor Peter obi

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109543

FreeGlobe:
More from the source:
March 17 will be one year since governor, Willie Obiano, started to pilot the affairs of Anambra State. How will you assess his administration so far?

Well, there is no doubt that Governor Obiano hit the ground running as soon as he took over the reins of government in Anambra State. He has kept the faith with the pledge he made at the inception of his administration that he would continue and consolidate the state’s developmental plans initiated by his predecessor, Mr. Peter Obi. He also retained the Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS), an ambitious project, which involved the simultaneous development of all sectors of the state; the foundation of which was laid by Peter Obi. In fact, Governor Obiano never fails, at any available opportunity, to give credit to his predecessor for establishing a solid foundation for him to build on.

Mr. Peter Obi, recorded high marks in terms of delivery of democracy dividends during his tenure. So, from what you have seen so far on Obiano administration, do you see him surpassing what Obi achieved at the expiration of his own tenure in office?

I don’t believe that this should be reduced to a popularity contest or conjecture of who will outdo the other. This is a legacy issue. Peter Obi acquitted himself creditably and was instrumental in the reformation of Anambra State. Obiano has made it crystal clear that he is building on the foundations Obi laid under an APGA administration. [b]I am happy that you yourself have stated that Peter Obi recorded high marks, in terms of his achievements as a governor of Anambra State. His accomplishments are numerous and he initiated a comprehensive and sustained development of the state in all sectors, most significantly, in the area of education, where his courageous move to return schools to their original owners being the missions yielded positive results, better management of the schools and better examination results for students of the state. His frugality is legendary and he was judicious in his management and use of funds, which made him popular with International Donor Agencies. His administration constructed over 800kilometre of new roads and opened up rural areas within the state. He achieved so much without resorting to borrowing and saddling the state with debt and though he is no longer with us and despite his poor judgment and deficient calculations, which informed his defection from APGA, we have refused to let him bury that legacy like a child in an unmarked grave. We expected no less from him. He is a product of our party ideology, and that is why we continue to highlight and celebrate his accomplishments.[/b]
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109543

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 12:11am On Mar 19, 2015
enochnochi:
it may interest you to know that work has commenced on the other side of the expressway. from aroma down to unizik junction have been scraped.

What i love the most about these pictures are the bold, ambitious world class projects. Exactly the standard of bridge construction you'd expect in places such as Abuja or Uyo. A clear departure from the type of shoddy low cost construction projects you'd expect to see in Anambra of old. These are the type of massive and challenging projects that qualify as "Legacy projects". IDC is also quietly making a mark as an emerging true construction giant. These projects will forever speak of their construction prowess.

May God bless Governor Obiano for his determination to change the face of Anambra forever and build world class projects.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 12:35am On Mar 19, 2015
The roads and area around the flyovers have to be redone as well! It would look odd to have a gleaming new flyover surrounded by old dusty unmarked brownish roads with open gutters! Like Julius Berger did in Uyo, any open spaces should be carpeted over with well trimmed grass lawns....and ornamental trees planted for improved ambience! No half measures!!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Full clips of Obiano's address on his 1 year anniversary celebration here > https://www.nairaland.com/2201398/1st-anniversary-celebration-governor-willie#31719242

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 19, 2015
cjrane:

Bro,
Thank you very much for the updates. It gladens my heart that our able Governor Obiano did not abandon these great projects due to shortage of funds from the center.

Thank you again and God bless you for the wonderful updates.
you are welcome my brother. actually, the pleasure is mine
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:
The roads and area around the flyovers have to be redone as well! It would look odd to have a gleaming new flyover surrounded by old dusty unmarked brownish roads with open gutters! Like Julius Berger did in Uyo, any open spaces should be carpeted over with well trimmed grass lawns....and ornamental trees planted for improved ambience! No half measures!!
It's part of the new city master plan my brother, obiano has a very high taste, he doesn't go for "very good" when "excellence" could be possible

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 19, 2015
I had to proceed to NIMC office for my national ID registration. the process is very fast

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 19, 2015
in the waiting room...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.