Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226953 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Lets ignore the p!mp, she never likes igbo threads,Always looking for opportunity to derail them

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
Igbonazy:

Very unlikely UN will listen to you without putting up a fight back home

I don't think it is in doubt that you must fight for your freedom first and then get UN to table the matter.
"How" you decide to conduct your struggle is the difference we are talking about now. Mandela clearly showed how to resist.
Of course you need to come out and demonstrate. Let the police arrest you and charge you. But you should not conduct your struggle by declaring war, unless you have enough weapons and men. Besides, even if uou had enough weapons, it makes more sense to use your weapons in a guerrilla hit and run style than a conventional warfare of creating war fronts and enabling your more powerful opponent the ability to concentrate his artillery and fire power in one area called the 'war front'. Guerrilla tactics gives the weaker side the advantage of choosing who, where and when to strike.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
Nwanne just listen to yourself...smh
Please modify because this is shameful and Beremx is right.
Igbonazy:

Am from Anambra too, idemili North to be precised. We are the richest and the most educated people in Anambra. We dont need others tiny anambra villages to succeed. We have the highest number of mansions in Anambra. We are the strongest and could easily defeat the rest of Anambra in war
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 6:18am On Aug 01, 2015
^^^^ Don't take him serious. He was just trying to mess with some people's head.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2015
Okeson: Why I Am Establishing Private Varsity In Ghana

Prince Emmanuel Okeson, a Nigerian entrepreneur who sets the pace in the lighting sector in Ghana, is setting up the first ever Nigerian-owned private university in Ghana. He speaks about his life and why he is diversifying into the education sector.

ONE of the shining Nigerian entreprenuers in Ghana, Prince Emmanuel Okeson has always strived to work hard, diligently submitting himself to learning new things every day, while ensuring that he impact society in any way he can. He likes to put smiles on people’s faces, and does his utmost best to keep Nigeria’s flag flying.

He is successful because of his implicit belief in the supremacy of God, the trust in Him and a dogged resolve to relate with his fellow man as he would want others to relate with him.

He has learnt that where one starts in life doesn’t determine where the person will be in future.

“One’s handicap presently must not make his tomorrow gloomy and sullen. Coming from my kind of background in life, I have been humbled by the blessings of the Almighty. This has set me on a duty to impact society in whatever capacity I can. I see the world from a broader perspective, patiently bearing with different personalities I meet every day, striving to understand their challenges and circumstances, while not being judgmental and overbearing,” he philosophied.

In response to the yearnings of majority of Nigerian students and the All Nigerians’ Community Ghana ( of which he is the Chairman of the Board of Trustee), Prince Okeson is setting up the first ever Nigerian-owned private university in Ghana.

“Recent estimates put the figure of Nigerian students studying in various universities across Ghana at well over the 100,000 mark. Most of these students encounter numerous challenges in some of these universities. My diversification into this area is as a direct response to the yearnings of Nigerian students in Ghana and those that would also want to come here to school.

“I decided to set up the university which is currently under construction in the capital city of Ghana, Accra. Upon completion in 2017, the university shall pay special attention to the needs of the Nigerian students. West Coast University College, as it would be known, will provide world class training and education to the teeming youths of our country who would want to come to Ghana in pursuit of tertiary education.”

He said he decided to set up the university to help relieve some of the challenges that Nigerians seeking tertiary education in Ghana are faced with.

“It is estimated that about 45% of the student population of West Coast University College, when fully operational, would be Nigerians. The university would also offer opportunities for other West African nationals to take advantage of the world class standard of the university.”

Okeson added that when it comes fully on stream, the university would be a haven of discipline, educational excellence and a grooming ground for future role models. “We are assembling the best crop of academic and non-academic staff to ensure that our brand positioning strategies are realized and sustainable. It will be a place where parents and guardians would be assured of impartation of not just educational qualities, but also relevant grooming to ensure that their wards come out respectable and outstanding personalities.”

He said that the university, from its formation philosophy, seeks to bring smiles to the faces of the students as well as parents and guardians. “Even though the quality of education would be comparable to the best in the world, it would interest you to know that the cost would be highly competitive. In addition, we have plans to offer scholarships to deserving students, of which will be guided by standard and stipulated procedure.”

Okeson disclosed that it’s been quite an exciting experience. “The fact that I pioneered the lighting industry in Ghana is quite exhilarating as well as arduous as a foreigner. I would say that once you want to do business in a foreign land, you must be ready to abide by the laws that are in force in that country.”

Despite some incidents of discrimination, which may not be peculiar to only Nigerians in Ghana, he admitted that he has been well received by his Ghanaian hosts. “City Lights is a household name in Ghana and that attests to the level of acceptance that I enjoy in Ghana,” Okeson enthused.

Born on the July 1, 1965 in Ukpor, Nnewi Local Council of Anambra State, Nigeria, Okeson attended Umuohama Community School, Ukpor and thereafter went to Government College in Surulere, Lagos.His parents, the late Chief John and late Mrs. Philomena Obi gave him a humble family background.

“My father was a mason and farmer. My mother was a petty trader. I was brought up under a strong Roman Catholic tradition which had a significant influence on my life. It is instructive to state that my religious philosophy was instilled in me through my early Christian upbringing.”

In 1984, Okeson set up his first company in Nigeria called Emmatex Industrial Agency, venturing into the importation and distribution of electrical and industrial components and spare parts.

In 1985, Okeson expanded his business activities and began exporting locally made products such as electric cables, electric bulbs, fixtures, beverages, toiletries, hair and beauty products to neighboring African countries including Ghana.

With a vision to become one of the most successful African entrepreneurs and establishing a strategic presence across the continent, Okeson relocated to Ghana in 1986 to do business. After a stint with some Ghanaian companies, he established his own company named City Lights Limited in 1989. City Lights was the first lighting company in Ghana and still the market leader up till today. Under his prudent and entrepreneurial acumen, City Lights Limited has grown to become a dominant player in lighting business in Africa.

Indeed, Okeson started his business by merely trading in commodities. Today, he has diversified his business interests into other important sectors of the Ghanaian economy such as agriculture, civil construction, real estate, water engineering, micro finance and hospitality and has employed over 300 Ghanaians.

He recalled that Ghana’s economic recovery programmes in the late 80s led to massive reconstruction and structural development in the housing sector.

“This development saw new roads being constructed, new industries springing up, and the infrastructure of the emerging economy received phenomenal boost which also saw a rise in real estate sector. These construction activities created the need for a standardized and specialized lighting niche, which was not in existence at that time. Besides, the upper and emerging middle class who wanted to maintain a certain status opened up the demand for uncommon lighting designs and options which again were obviously not available in Ghana at that time.”

He set up City Lights Limited to fill these important needs by providing products, installation services, maintenance and consultancy services to both the government and private segments of the Ghanaian society. “I therefore was the first person to venture into specialized lighting in Ghana.”

Okeson disclosed that plans are at an advanced stage to establish the City Lights Brand in Nigeria. “In no distant future, we will unveil ultra-modern showrooms in Abuja and Lagos. The City Lights Brand would seek to bring innovation, efficiency, quality and breathtaking ecstatic advancements to Nigerian lighting consumers. With the ongoing power sector privatization policy of the government, it’s obvious that tariffs will still be rising.”

He said that City Lights is committed, as a matter of duty, to providing quality services and savings through education, consultancy, provision of energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly, innovative and novelty products delivery to the Nigerian market. “Apart from the lighting business, I have plans to venture into real estate, construction and borehole drilling in selected parts of Nigeria. In addition, I have plans to establish a palm produce factory in my home town of Ukpor, in Anambra State.”

He urged the government to reduce the cost of doing business by fighting institutionalized corruption. “Create and maintain even playing field for all businesses to compete. Provide and sustain basic infrastructure such as power and energy, roads, water etc. Tackle insecurity and provide platforms to recognize patriotic, hardworking and successful entrepreneurs who make immense contributions to our economic growth.”

He got married in 1989 to Mrs. Agnes Okeson whom he met in Western region of Ghana during a business trip. The marriage is blessed with four children. “My eldest daughter is a medical student in a European university while second born is going to study business administration in a Chinese university.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Education! Education!! Education!!!..... We can use education to change the land scape of Omanbala/ Alaigbo!. Our economy can be no '1' in Nigeria if we invest in community University/ education!. Ndibe anyi ekenemu unuoooo!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 9:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Investnow how does that news concern us, somebody having his investments and projects outside Igboland how does it affect an average Igboman.

Please delete that thrash let's discuss something that will benefit Anambra State

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:22am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:
Investnow how does that news concern us, somebody having his investments and projects outside Igboland how does it affect an average Igboman.

Please delete that thrash let's discuss something that will benefit Anambra State
You can see my follow up on investing on education in Alaigbo!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2015
The Skill And Ability Of Nnewi People Are In Our Blood – Igwe Orizu

GBUBEMI GOD’S COVENANT SNR visited the home of foundries recently and reports a skill inherent in the ancestry of Nnewi indigenes.

As one enters Nnewi from Nnobi town you will not need any introduction to know this is the home of metal fabricators and skilled technical craftsmen; from welders, aluminium technicians, refrigeration repair shops, bolts and nuts, oil and grease shops, etc. Four out of every six shops is selling or repairing one technical item or the other.

From the market women, the vulcanizers, okada riders, the apprentices and all, Nnewi is a place where women compete favourably well with male riding okada. Apart from the Ultra-Modern Market called the Japan of Africa for a good reason, womenand young ladies delight in flaunting their motorbikes as their personal two-wheels Mercedes Benz with no apology to anyone. Just as the rich women drive to school to pick up their children home, so mothers ride to the same school and can take as many as four children home on their bike.

The Monarch and Paramount Ruler of Nnewi land is HRH Dr. Kenneth Nnaji Onyemaeke Orizu III, JP, CON. He is the 16th Monarch in his father’s genealogyand has been on the throne for over 50 years.

A devout, Born Again Christian and skilled business administrator himself, the royal father has motivated and aided the establishment of industries and educational institutions in his kingdom.

In this exclusive interview granted Daily Times at his ancient palace in Nnewi, Igwe Orizu, holding his wits high against age at 90, took our correspondent back to the good old days before he ascended the throne at the age of 26. A photograph in the palace showed the chiefs and people of Nnewi presenting him to Dr. M.I. Okpara as their new Monarch before he sat on his father’s throne.

“I worked with white people as a young man in the late 1950s and later became General Manager of the Eastern Nigeria Outlook which was owned by the government of the Eastern Nigeria that time. In that capacity I was area manager for the I had the responsibility in that capacity to open the Port Harcourt office of the newspaper, then Onitsha branch followed by Asaba before the final one in the whole of Midwest based in Benin City.”

The Monarch recalled his salary started from £8 flata month, and then grew steadily to 12 pounds, 15 and rose to 30 pounds before he left office. ‘I was a fairly rich man with that kind of salary at that time’ he said with a chuckle.

The young Kenneth was called to the throne following ascension of his father, Igwe Orizu II in 1961. It was not the tradition for young princes to refuse the call to the throne because according to the Monarch, it is ancestral and only in the genealogy of the Orizu family house.

“We don’t struggle for the throne in Nnewi kingdom; it comes to the young princes naturally whenever the reigning father journeys home.”

A proof of the new reformist monarchs of our times, Igwe Orizu is a sound, Born Again Christian who preaches the gospel of Christ and the necessity for salvation and repentance to his subjects.

It has been suggested that the town got its name from an animal which name begins and ends with the last three letters of Nnewi, and as a result indigenes of the kingdom do not eat the creature called ewi, but the Monarch waved our correspondent to order, adjusted himself on his seat and set the record straight.

“Nnewi is a person, a full blown human being who had four children named Otolo, Uruagwu, Umudim and Nnewichi; and like the 12 sons of Jacob that became the 12 tribes of Israel, the four children of Nnewi became the four regions or communities that make up Nnewi kingdom.

“Though it is true that there is an animal called ewi which our people don’t eat because of its name which has some closeness to the name of our people but let it be known that Nnewi from whose bowels the people of this town came from is a person.’

History has shown that indigenes of this land have undisputable affinity with steel and transportation as the town has turned our Nigeria’s massive land transporters over the ages. The Monarch nodded with satisfaction and counted on his fingers, transporters of the early days like L.P. Ojukwu Transport, the father of Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegu from Umudim lineage; Ekesson Transport from Uruagwu; Ekene DiliChukwu from Otolo; D.D. Onyemelukwe from Nnewichi the last quarter. There also is J.C. Ulasi, Mbanefo Motors; Chisco Motors,andone of the newest transport companies, Orizu Motors, among others.

Among the roll call, EkeneDiliChukwu is a relation of the Igwe, while the Chairman of Orizu Motors, as the name implies is a cousin of the Monarch.

When asked what is the spirit behind Nnewi’s big boys dominating the transport business in the country the question stirred something in the old man’s ego;he pointed that Nnewi is not only the home of mighty transporters alone, but that his kingdom is a land of technical giants, skilled craftsmen, manufacturers, importers and exporters and he praised their ancestry for this.

“The skill and ability of Nnewi people is hereditary; it is in our blood; there’s not one child in Nnewi that lacks ideas of what he or she wants to do and become; in fact they are gifted in this regard from the womb. Move around the town and you confirm that no hand is idle, male or female.’ The royal father praised sons and daughters of Nnewi kingdom who have worked so hard to bring so much good to the land in particular and to the country in general. ‘Our sons are on the forefront of putting Nigeria on global economic chat,” he said.

Since his reign the Monarch, one of the most revered in Igbo land has not been sitting idle; his track record of achievement is as good and worthy as those of the sons and daughters he has acknowledged and commended. Igwe Orizu has a reputation of going outside to bring in what will benefit his people and ensures it works.

“The problem people have is that they don’t want to work anymore; they just want quick money and that is why they have problems.

“What used to sustain the nation before the colonial days have been abandoned, and you know that when you forsake the land, the land will also forsake you. We had agriculture, cocoa, coal, steel and other things, but where are they now? When you refrain from sowing into the land, how then can the land give her fruits to you?”

Being skilled technical men and traders of all ventures, the Monarch regretted the shortage of raw materials to aid his people’s traditional work.

“The people of Nnewi do foundries from the days of our ancestors. If Ajaokuta Steel Mill is operating well, our people here will here will have steel to do a whole lot of work and achieve great heights. But Ajaokuta is not working, there is no light to power anything and this makes everything to fail.

“Since Ajaokuta Steel Mills and Aladja Steel Mills have not been producing any steel; there is no profit in running an industry and importing raw materials to run the industry in Nigeria; that is not progress. Progress is when you run your industry and you get the raw materials here. M.I. Okpara supported agriculture in his time. Until they return to the land, I don’t see how anything will change.”

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Feraz(m): 9:50am On Aug 01, 2015
And those two mad men - Chino and Abagoro have come with their issues. I'm still waiting for the day you both will see eye to eye. . .

Nice thread here. Please, as I cannot go through the whole thread, can someone be kind enough to list the ongoing projects in Anambra state?

Nwa Amichi signing up. . . smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2015
investnow2013:
You can see my follow up on investing on education in Alaigbo!.

But you are aware that private universities do not develop a community

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:34am On Aug 01, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

But you are aware that private universities do not develop a community
They do!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2015
There is a new University under construction by the Anglican community in Ozubulu called Pentecost University! Which when operational, will definitely provide jobs to between 100 to 500 persons directly or indirectly from Ozubulu & other communities arround!.There are a lot of people gainful employed now in the construction of the university!.Transport businesses will be created when the uni starts!.There will be more demand for local goods & services etc!.Govt revenue will be enhanced!.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AzontoGhost(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
investnow2013:

Okeson: Why I Am Establishing Private Varsity In Ghana

Prince Emmanuel Okeson, a Nigerian entrepreneur who sets the pace in the lighting sector in Ghana, is setting up the first ever Nigerian-owned private university in Ghana. He speaks about his life and why he is diversifying into the education sector.

ONE of the shining Nigerian entreprenuers in Ghana, Prince Emmanuel Okeson has always strived to work hard, diligently submitting himself to learning new things every day, while ensuring that he impact society in any way he can. He likes to put smiles on people’s faces, and does his utmost best to keep Nigeria’s flag flying.

He is successful because of his implicit belief in the supremacy of God, the trust in Him and a dogged resolve to relate with his fellow man as he would want others to relate with him.

He has learnt that where one starts in life doesn’t determine where the person will be in future.

“One’s handicap presently must not make his tomorrow gloomy and sullen. Coming from my kind of background in life, I have been humbled by the blessings of the Almighty. This has set me on a duty to impact society in whatever capacity I can. I see the world from a broader perspective, patiently bearing with different personalities I meet every day, striving to understand their challenges and circumstances, while not being judgmental and overbearing,” he philosophied.

In response to the yearnings of majority of Nigerian students and the All Nigerians’ Community Ghana ( of which he is the Chairman of the Board of Trustee), Prince Okeson is setting up the first ever Nigerian-owned private university in Ghana.

“Recent estimates put the figure of Nigerian students studying in various universities across Ghana at well over the 100,000 mark. Most of these students encounter numerous challenges in some of these universities. My diversification into this area is as a direct response to the yearnings of Nigerian students in Ghana and those that would also want to come here to school.

“I decided to set up the university which is currently under construction in the capital city of Ghana, Accra. Upon completion in 2017, the university shall pay special attention to the needs of the Nigerian students. West Coast University College, as it would be known, will provide world class training and education to the teeming youths of our country who would want to come to Ghana in pursuit of tertiary education.”

He said he decided to set up the university to help relieve some of the challenges that Nigerians seeking tertiary education in Ghana are faced with.

“It is estimated that about 45% of the student population of West Coast University College, when fully operational, would be Nigerians. The university would also offer opportunities for other West African nationals to take advantage of the world class standard of the university.”

Okeson added that when it comes fully on stream, the university would be a haven of discipline, educational excellence and a grooming ground for future role models. “We are assembling the best crop of academic and non-academic staff to ensure that our brand positioning strategies are realized and sustainable. It will be a place where parents and guardians would be assured of impartation of not just educational qualities, but also relevant grooming to ensure that their wards come out respectable and outstanding personalities.”

He said that the university, from its formation philosophy, seeks to bring smiles to the faces of the students as well as parents and guardians. “Even though the quality of education would be comparable to the best in the world, it would interest you to know that the cost would be highly competitive. In addition, we have plans to offer scholarships to deserving students, of which will be guided by standard and stipulated procedure.”

Okeson disclosed that it’s been quite an exciting experience. “The fact that I pioneered the lighting industry in Ghana is quite exhilarating as well as arduous as a foreigner. I would say that once you want to do business in a foreign land, you must be ready to abide by the laws that are in force in that country.”

Despite some incidents of discrimination, which may not be peculiar to only Nigerians in Ghana, he admitted that he has been well received by his Ghanaian hosts. “City Lights is a household name in Ghana and that attests to the level of acceptance that I enjoy in Ghana,” Okeson enthused.

Born on the July 1, 1965 in Ukpor, Nnewi Local Council of Anambra State, Nigeria, Okeson attended Umuohama Community School, Ukpor and thereafter went to Government College in Surulere, Lagos.His parents, the late Chief John and late Mrs. Philomena Obi gave him a humble family background.

“My father was a mason and farmer. My mother was a petty trader. I was brought up under a strong Roman Catholic tradition which had a significant influence on my life. It is instructive to state that my religious philosophy was instilled in me through my early Christian upbringing.”

In 1984, Okeson set up his first company in Nigeria called Emmatex Industrial Agency, venturing into the importation and distribution of electrical and industrial components and spare parts.

In 1985, Okeson expanded his business activities and began exporting locally made products such as electric cables, electric bulbs, fixtures, beverages, toiletries, hair and beauty products to neighboring African countries including Ghana.

With a vision to become one of the most successful African entrepreneurs and establishing a strategic presence across the continent, Okeson relocated to Ghana in 1986 to do business. After a stint with some Ghanaian companies, he established his own company named City Lights Limited in 1989. City Lights was the first lighting company in Ghana and still the market leader up till today. Under his prudent and entrepreneurial acumen, City Lights Limited has grown to become a dominant player in lighting business in Africa.

Indeed, Okeson started his business by merely trading in commodities. Today, he has diversified his business interests into other important sectors of the Ghanaian economy such as agriculture, civil construction, real estate, water engineering, micro finance and hospitality and has employed over 300 Ghanaians.

He recalled that Ghana’s economic recovery programmes in the late 80s led to massive reconstruction and structural development in the housing sector.

“This development saw new roads being constructed, new industries springing up, and the infrastructure of the emerging economy received phenomenal boost which also saw a rise in real estate sector. These construction activities created the need for a standardized and specialized lighting niche, which was not in existence at that time. Besides, the upper and emerging middle class who wanted to maintain a certain status opened up the demand for uncommon lighting designs and options which again were obviously not available in Ghana at that time.”

He set up City Lights Limited to fill these important needs by providing products, installation services, maintenance and consultancy services to both the government and private segments of the Ghanaian society. “I therefore was the first person to venture into specialized lighting in Ghana.”

Okeson disclosed that plans are at an advanced stage to establish the City Lights Brand in Nigeria. “In no distant future, we will unveil ultra-modern showrooms in Abuja and Lagos. The City Lights Brand would seek to bring innovation, efficiency, quality and breathtaking ecstatic advancements to Nigerian lighting consumers. With the ongoing power sector privatization policy of the government, it’s obvious that tariffs will still be rising.”

He said that City Lights is committed, as a matter of duty, to providing quality services and savings through education, consultancy, provision of energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly, innovative and novelty products delivery to the Nigerian market. “Apart from the lighting business, I have plans to venture into real estate, construction and borehole drilling in selected parts of Nigeria. In addition, I have plans to establish a palm produce factory in my home town of Ukpor, in Anambra State.”

He urged the government to reduce the cost of doing business by fighting institutionalized corruption. “Create and maintain even playing field for all businesses to compete. Provide and sustain basic infrastructure such as power and energy, roads, water etc. Tackle insecurity and provide platforms to recognize patriotic, hardworking and successful entrepreneurs who make immense contributions to our economic growth.”

He got married in 1989 to Mrs. Agnes Okeson whom he met in Western region of Ghana during a business trip. The marriage is blessed with four children. “My eldest daughter is a medical student in a European university while second born is going to study business administration in a Chinese university.

Just picked my jaw from the ground!

No land in Nigeria to site varsity for Nigerians

I like CITY LIGHTS though.their tv advert is veru 9ce! cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
The road leading to Green wood Estate..

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
^^^I don't thing so, had earlier posted the ongoing 6 lanes road leading to the Greenwood city. Though this might be one of the ongoing by-passes.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
AnamCity:
^^^I don't thing so, had earlier posted the ongoing 6 lanes road leading to the Greenwood city. Though this might be one of the ongoing by-passes.
I will post that one next.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
this is the road that connects to the newly proposed judiciary, governors lodge etc.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 11:08pm On Aug 01, 2015
investnow2013:
Education! Education!! Education!!!..... We can use education to change the land scape of Omanbala/ Alaigbo!. Our economy can be no '1' in Nigeria if we invest in community University/ education!. Ndibe anyi ekenemu unuoooo!!!!!
I am a proponent of more Universities for Anambra State. The benefit cannot be overemphasized
Such Universities should have a particular program they will be known for e.g. Engineering( Automobiles, Aviation, Petroleum), Agriculture
etc
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 11:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Cuche:

I am a proponent of more Universities for Anambra State. The benefit cannot be overemphasized
Such Universities should have a particular program they will be known for e.g. Engineering( Automobiles, Aviation, Petroleum), Agriculture
etc
I think what the SE ( anambra) needs is a well funded , state of the art technical school that will churn out technicians necessary for industrial revolution and unlock the potentials of ingenious ibo men . This is the surest way to kick start and sustain industrialization.
Most university graduate are either unemployable , or adapted for white-collar jobs .industries are sustained by technicians.if in doubt go to any serious industry in 9ja and study the composition of there work force.
The unfortunate truth is that in the midst of 170 million Nigerians we lack skilled man power, hence in most industries and site of road construction u always see a white Caucasian or asian overseeing the Nigerian employees even graduates
If the shoe makers in aba can receive such formal training imagine the quality of shoes they would make by now they would have gone global
Am not an advocate of more universities in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2015
IFEANYIUBA UNITED RETURNS TO NNEWI FOR THE SECOND STANZA OF THE NPFL

Following Thursday's press release by the League Management Company LMC announcing the temporary lifting of suspension of six venues from hosting Nigeria Premier League games, FC Ifeanyi Ubah players and fans have expressed their joy towards the announcement.

SupporttheNPFL.com visited the FC Ifeanyi Ubah camp on Saturday to get the thoughts of the players on playing at home again.

Midfielder Michael Ohale said that he was ecstatic about playing again in front of the home fans.

"Its been so had playing away from  home, even though we were still in Anambra State, it was never the same, am very ecstatic about playing at home again and reuniting with our passionate home crowd"

In the same light veteran defender Chibuzor Okonkwo has praised the club's management for fighting hard to make sure the club returns to its home ground.

"We as players are very happy that we are going to start playing our home matches again at nnewi. We want to thank the management of the club for to everything possible in making sure that we return back to our home ground. This will help us in our quest for a continental ticket."

One of the fans who was at the training ground to watch the team train was happy about the timing of the decision.

"The timing is perfect, just before the resumption of the second stanza. This will permit all people of Nnewi and neighboring towns to come out in their numbers to support the team and hopefully their home record will improve."

Another fan disclosed his joy towards the LMC announcement but questioned why the team was moved in the first place.

"Am happy our boys are back to their based but I wonder why thy were moved in the first place, we have pitches in worse conditions than this one, and I think the ban was severe in the first place."

FC Ifeanyi Ubah are at home this Sunday to Abia Warriors of Umuahia at the Gabros Stadium in Nnewi with the Anambra team lying 8th on the NPFL table after the 1st stanza

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
uduokirika1:
IFEANYIUBA UNITED RETURNS TO NNEWI FOR THE SECOND STANZA OF THE NPFL

Following Thursday's press release by the League Management Company LMC announcing the temporary lifting of suspension of six venues from hosting Nigeria Premier League games, FC Ifeanyi Ubah players and fans have expressed their joy towards the announcement.

SupporttheNPFL.com visited the FC Ifeanyi Ubah camp on Saturday to get the thoughts of the players on playing at home again.

Midfielder Michael Ohale said that he was ecstatic about playing again in front of the home fans.

"Its been so had playing away from  home, even though we were still in Anambra State, it was never the same, am very ecstatic about playing at home again and reuniting with our passionate home crowd"

In the same light veteran defender Chibuzor Okonkwo has praised the club's management for fighting hard to make sure the club returns to its home ground.

"We as players are very happy that we are going to start playing our home matches again at nnewi. We want to thank the management of the club for to everything possible in making sure that we return back to our home ground. This will help us in our quest for a continental ticket."

One of the fans who was at the training ground to watch the team train was happy about the timing of the decision.

"The timing is perfect, just before the resumption of the second stanza. This will permit all people of Nnewi and neighboring towns to come out in their numbers to support the team and hopefully their home record will improve."

Another fan disclosed his joy towards the LMC announcement but questioned why the team was moved in the first place.

"Am happy our boys are back to their based but I wonder why thy were moved in the first place, we have pitches in worse conditions than this one, and I think the ban was severe in the first place."

FC Ifeanyi Ubah are at home this Sunday to Abia Warriors of Umuahia at the Gabros Stadium in Nnewi with the Anambra team lying 8th on the NPFL table after the 1st stanza

For some reason they look like Haiti national team

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
Unu ibe daalu unu!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
Cjrane2:

For some reason they look like Haiti national team
not sure how they look alike
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
Biko anybody that is around should help save this impending disaster in Anambra State.

I was in Onitsha on Friday along Niger Street, there is a pre colonial one storey building by the right if your going to Main Market.

This building was one storey building but when I was passing there I saw they have converted it to two storey building with pillars on the four coners of the old building.

This building is as old as Fegge, it houses Nursery and Primary Schools, its after Ugo Garments on your way to Main Market.

This is a looming disaster, we are not spoiling someone's business but we are preventing a looming calamity,

Umunnem this building collapse am seeing it in my dream, am not around Anambra State now and don't know when I will be back because I have a lot of things to do.

Whoever that is passionate about Anambra lives should help send this massage to appropriate authorities for the school to be moved from there and demolish the building.

Its on Niger Street, there a Fruit Tree infront of it, within that Zik's Avenue by Niger Street Juction ( either before or after Zik's Avenue).

Bikonu Umunnem, Chino biko send this to Ifedinmesi.

Along Niger Street, the build is first plot on the mainroad, Keke NAPEP do stop people there because of the Fruit tree that give shade there.

God Bless Ndi Anambra, God bless Ndigbo.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
Anybody with any update on the 3 bridges and malls under construction?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
levelszik:
Anybody with any update on the 3 bridges and malls under construction?
Tomorrow, good nite!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 11:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
FKO81:

Tomorrow

I trust you Frankie!
You never fail to deliver.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 12:07am On Aug 03, 2015
IfeanyiUba united struggle to salvage. A point as the visiting Abia warriors held her to a 1:1 draw at the. Beverly stadium today @Nnewi

Coach John 'Ogbunmadu' is truly on a mission to relegate this team!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B2mario(m): 7:55am On Aug 03, 2015
chizobamgbume:

Deep down inside you, you know you lied to make yourself feel good.

As long as it makes you feel better bye.

You that claimed that you are saying the truth, you've not gone round the two states. Igboland look too sweet when it comes to the setting of the rural communities nice buildings which Anambra, Imo, and Abia take the lead.

But i prefer Imo to Anambra not just because of Owerri but in general evaluation of the 2states. The pride of Anambra strictly lies on just the southern district of it, while in Imo it's distributed round the whole state.

Owerri and Enugu are the pride of Ndigbo even the Hausas are discussing the beauty of the 2cities.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinology: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2015
Pig common get out of here and go to that your piggery dead state. Who cares what and where you prefer afterwards 1/3rd of Imolites are resident today in Anambra, Onitsha precisely whereas there is no Anambran resident anywhere in Imo State.

Does the above not show you where people choose and like most to migrate?

Owerri is a mess and does not deserve to be mentioned here because I have the pictures and ready to share it anywhere I am called. Top SE cities that are frontline are Onitsha and Enugu, these are most preferred by the Igbos and outsiders alike.

I will soon be on the Abia thread to see what you pig have done with it.

[s]
B2mario:

You that claimed that you are saying the truth, you've not gone round the two states. Igboland look too sweet when it comes to the setting of the rural communities nice buildings which Anambra, Imo, and Abia take the lead.

But i prefer Imo to Anambra not just because of Owerri but in general evaluation of the 2states. The pride of Anambra strictly lies on just the southern district of it, while in Imo it's distributed round the whole state.

Owerri and Enugu are the pride of Ndigbo even the Hausas are discussing the beauty of the 2cities.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.