Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227670 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
cjrane:

Bros,
How many billions of naira does it cost to plant flowers and grass? If you spent N3 billion naira to construct a road, would it be a waste to spend N100 thousand naira to plant trees and flowers to beautify your N3 billion naira project? Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Enugu or Jigawa always incorporating landscaping into every project is because those leaders value aesthetics and has nothing to do with affordability. Landscaping is so cheap in Nigeria that i paid just N15,000 naira for some people to come plant flowers and make an outdoor garden in the backyard of a home i just completed, so that i can host my friends there in the evenings. Nigeria is so blessed that if you cut a branch of flower and stick it into the soil, it will grow into another plant after 2-3 rainfalls!

Refusing to plant flowers because you believe that planting flowers cost an enormous amount of money is EXACTLY the mindset i am talking about with our people. When our people build houses in Abuja, they know the value of flowers around their home, but in the SE, the same people will tell you that flowers will attract snakes!!!
I know people who have built one room bungalow in their village and beautified their entire compound with flowers and trees that it feels like being in an exotic resort once you step into their compound, while some that built duplexes, and multi-storey buildings with no landscaping at all with red mud and poodles of water around the entire compound, and their houses feel like an uncompleted prison yard each time you are there. It's just a question of appreciating aesthetics/ one's taste and not how much money one has.

Notice that the road median in the picture below already has grass and palm trees planted. Yet, this road is still under construction in a housing estate in Enugu. Now, how many billions did it cost to have the palm and flowers already planted before the road is even completed? Did it quadruple the cost of constructing that road?
On completion, these plants will make this road and the environment so beautiful. That is the mindset we should have. It doesn't cost anything extra to do things properly. There is no need to wait for the future when there is "adequate funds" in order to simply plant flowers and beautify your state.

Now go and post the same pictures of upper Iweka to tell me that i don't know what I am saying. Accepting constructive criticism is a virtue.
Note: I am not criticizing Anambra, I am only pointing out the shortcomings that should be corrected to make the state better.

Good points,i must say.
It seems it's only anambra that don't value road sweeping,painting and flower planting. accumulation of sand by the road side all over the place.and by the way sef,aint the past governors expecting influx of people in the nearest future by constructing tiny roads in the cities? It's as bad as seeing tiny roads fit. For villages in our state capital Awka. I hate mediocrity,i dey tell u.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
cjrane:

Bros,
How many billions of naira does it cost to plant flowers and grass? If you spent N3 billion naira to construct a road, would it be a waste to spend N100 thousand naira to plant trees and flowers to beautify your N3 billion naira project? Akwa Ibom, Lagos, Enugu or Jigawa always incorporating landscaping into every project is because those leaders value aesthetics and has nothing to do with affordability. Landscaping is so cheap in Nigeria that i paid just N15,000 naira for some people to come plant flowers and make an outdoor garden in the backyard of a home i just completed, so that i can host my friends there in the evenings. Nigeria is so blessed that if you cut a branch of flower and stick it into the soil, it will grow into another plant after 2-3 rainfalls!

I cannot sit here and quantify it in naira. I understand what you meant though, but you know how govt expenditures run. Truth is govt can get cheaper offers than you but then spend way higher because of bottlenecks in the system (if you get what I mean). That been said, such contracts are awarded not just for planting the flowers but for onward maintenance, and note it is not just planting flowers, there are some other touch-ups to be done to the roads to make it look better with the flowers, so it might not be as cheap as you may think. I still think aesthetics isn't top priority because there are many roads to be built. To be honest, there is no single road I can say that needs no further upgrade in terms of aesthetics in Anambra... not even one. But then Anambra has the best road network in the country, which is the basics. When we achieve the basics which is getting our roads done, aesthetics will be licked like soup when faced squarely. -my opinion

Refusing to plant flowers because you believe that planting flowers cost an enormous amount of money is EXACTLY the mindset i am talking about with our people. When our people build houses in Abuja, they know the value of flowers around their home, but in the SE, the same people will tell you that flowers will attract snakes!!!
I know people who have built one room bungalow in their village and beautified their entire compound with flowers and trees that it feels like being in an exotic resort once you step into their compound, while some that built duplexes, and multi-storey buildings with no landscaping at all with red mud and poodles of water around the entire compound, and their houses feel like an uncompleted prison yard each time you are there. It's just a question of appreciating aesthetics/ one's taste and not how much money one has.

Refusing to plant flowers? I never said that. I actually paid more to rent a place because of the garden. My point still remains- Scale of preference especially where Means is limited. The state has many projects running at the moment in tune with Obiano's 4-pillars of development and the vision 2015 MDGs which his predecessor started. Though aesthetics (which includes planting of flowers) is not among the MDGs, it is clearly included in Obiano's blueprint. If his blueprint captures it as a 2017 project, it's all good, that is his workbook. Obi's ANIDS worked; Obiano's 4-pillars (with the enablers) seems to be working.

Notice that the road median in the picture below already has grass and palm trees planted. Yet, this road is still under construction in a housing estate in Enugu. Now, how many billions did it cost to have the palm and flowers already planted before the road is even completed? Did it quadruple the cost of constructing that road?
On completion, these plants will make this road and the environment so beautiful. That is the mindset we should have. It doesn't cost anything extra to do things properly. There is no need to wait for the future when there is "adequate funds" in order to simply plant flowers and beautify your state.

One thing the former governor Peter Obi did well and I admired him for is, creating avenues for sustenance for everything he started even while he's left office; be it salaries of new recruits, paying contractors, support of businesses, citizens welfare, etc. In that vein I see Obiano towing same line, starting a project when you are ready and have a laid down and pocket friendly plan of sustaining it. I am not saying that of Enugu will be abandoned, what I know is, it would have been cheaper to maintain those flowers when the the road has been completed. Our income is not right yet, else there won't be all these 'everyday' MoU signing even for a small project. Just like Obi, Obiano is business savvy and is on the right track.

Now go and post the same pictures of upper Iweka to tell me that i don't know what I am saying. Accepting constructive criticism is a virtue.
Note: [b]I am not criticizing Anambra, I am only pointing out the shortcomings that should be corrected to make the state better.
[/b]

Sure that is criticism smiley but a well meant one. I would not do different if I were in your shoes though. It's all for the love of one's state and it's needed to speed things up anyway. But believe me, you will appreciate better and soft-pedal only if you get to know what efforts are put these days into making our new Anambra to soar.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
levelszik:

Good points,i must say.
It seems it's only anambra that don't value road sweeping,painting and flower planting. accumulation of sand by the road side all over the place.and by the way sef,aint the past governors expecting influx of people in the nearest future by constructing tiny roads in the cities? It's as bad as seeing tiny roads fit. For villages in our state capital Awka. I hate mediocrity,i dey tell u.
My brother abeg make you help me tell them. I hate mediocrity projects am seeing around anambra but when you voice out, peter obi's loyalist will attack you.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
Onitsha traders cup end today with Ogbo ogwu market lifting the silver cup.
It was sponsored by Mtn.

Some pix from godwin achebe mini stadia.
The sponsors doing riffle draw and some marketing.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Stadium ready for match.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Going for line up..

Line up...

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
Kick Off...

Some spectators like mua...

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Energito: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
When will a state like Anambra learn to use a contractors to construst roads?now see the gutter IDC CONSTRUCTION COMPANY BUILD AT AWKA EXPRESS WAY JUST 2MONTHS AGO IS GRADALLY SPOILING BEFORE THE TARING OF THE ROAD.I TOOK THIS PICTURE ON MONDAY DURING MY VISIT AT AWKA,i was very disappointed.since the gutter is like this just after 2months that means the road will not last longer.please say no to local contrators on our high ways.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
tabletman1:
My brother abeg make you help me tell them. I hate mediocrity projects am seeing around anambra but when you voice out, peter obi's loyalist will attack you.

Thanks for the pics. bro.

Empty senseless attacks should not discourage you at all from speaking out.Let them hang if they don't like your points. Many times, i even disagree with you, but i still respect your opinion if it isn't blindly born out of empty partisan associations.Neither PDP nor APC has the remotest intention to develop Igboland or Anambra in particular. So i feel sorry for those blindly defending them. Even though PDP is a more national party than the islamic APC

I generally like Peter Obi and have been severally labelled an Obi's agent in NL. I will say unequivocally again that Mr. Peter Obi was the BEST Anambra had ever had, but, there are obvious lapse that Obi had. So, I praise Obi where he got it right and criticize where he didn't live up to standard of other governors in Nigeria. Each time, i get criticized by people perpetually viewing themselves as his foes or friends. It doesn't bother me what they say because I know they have empty reasons behind their rants. My primary concern is that Anambra may be great again.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
Energito:
When will a state like Anambra learn to use a contractors to construst roads?now see the gutter IDC CONSTRUCTION COMPANY BUILD AT AWKA EXPRESS WAY JUST 2MONTHS AGO IS GRADALLY SPOILING BEFORE THE TARING OF THE ROAD.I TOOK THIS PICTURE ON MONDAY DURING MY VISIT AT AWKA,i was very disappointed.since the gutter is like this just after 2months that means the road will not last longer.please say no to local contrators on our high ways.

This is just a shame. Their cement to sand ratio is probably below the standard recommended.
I hope the flyovers won't collapse in a similar fashion out of shoddy practices to cut corners.Of course after they have collected a whopping N5 billion naira of Anambra peoples' money for the shoddy job.

One of the biggest things that made Chime's projects stand out proudly is that he uses competent foreign contractors. Anambra projects often cost more, yet the quality work of the Arab contractors cannot be compared to what the local contractors sucking Anambra treasury dry only to deliver less than perfect standard at the end of the day.

I have said it and will continue to say it, Godswill Akpabio said one truth that i have come to recognize. "Unless those in position of power are angry about the poor state of affairs and their anger push them with the determination to change things, they will not change anything. Even when they have all the money in the world." Comparing Chime's achievements with his very tiny budget but using a reputable foreign contractor to what has been achieved in Anambra and the quality therein, you will simply scratch your head and say...
okay, that's the quality our people want.What else can one say?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 6:44am On Nov 09, 2014
Stop listening to that bitter liar above you called (enegito). That drain he showed was done initially to channel flood away. The main drain which is underground is still under construction.

IDC on the other hand is a very good contractor. See the bridges and roads they have constructed so far in Anambra. I am don't know the Chime project that is of higher quality than this. I still do not score Chime high on infrastructure because he has merely resurfaced an existing routes and nothing more and it is centered only at the urban center and not state-wide like in the case of Anambra which has the most asphalted roads in the SE.

Below are some of the IDC completed and ongoing projects

1st pix- Nkpor flyover

2nd pix- Agulu lake bridge

cjrane:

This is just a shame. Their cement to sand ratio is probably below the standard recommended.
I hope the flyovers won't collapse in a similar fashion out of shoddy practices to cut corners.Of course after they have collected a whopping N5 billion naira of Anambra peoples' money for the shoddy job.

One of the biggest things that made Chime's projects stand out proudly is that he uses competent foreign contractors. Anambra projects often cost more, yet the quality work of the Arab contractors cannot be compared to what the local contractors sucking Anambra treasury dry only to deliver less than perfect standard at the end of the day.

I have said it and will continue to say it, Godswill Akpabio said one truth that i have come to recognize. "Unless those in position of power are angry about the poor state of affairs and their anger push them with the determination to change things, they will not change anything. Even when they have all the money in the world." Comparing Chime's achievements with his very tiny budget but using a reputable foreign contractor to what has been achieved in Anambra and the quality therein, you will simply scratch your head and say...
okay, that's the quality our people want.What else can one say?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 09, 2014
IDC is a very inferior contractors, govt should chase inside inner city roads, they are one of the worst i have ever seen.

Continous patronage of that useless coy is making me losing hope in Anambra and am now hating those in the affairs of the state.
What dafwuq is IDC and what the hell do they need and can offer, the coy could be possibly own by one bigman and a friend to the government.

What has happened to CCC, INTERBAU, CCECC, ARAB OR STRABAG?

WHY IDC IN MY BELOVED STATE, WHY IDC, PITA OBI'S ONLY LEGACY THAT IS AWFUL AND SHOULD BE ABOLISHED IS IDC

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 7:16am On Nov 09, 2014
IDC is not the only contractor in Anambra. Anambra works with CCC, INTERBAU, CCECC, RCC etc.

BuddahMonk:
IDC is a very inferior contractors, govt should chase inside inner city roads, they are one of the worst i have ever seen.

Continous patronage of that useless coy is making me losing hope in Anambra and am now hating those in the affairs of the state.
What dafwuq is IDC and what the hell do they need and can offer, the coy could be possibly own by one bigman and a friend to the government.

WHY IDC IN MY BELOVED STATE, WHY IDC, PITA OBI'S ONLY LEGACY THAT IS AWFUL AND SHOULD BE ABOLISHED IS IDC
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 7:20am On Nov 09, 2014
This is the one constructed by Inter Bau not more a year ago.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2014
Now this is the flyover bridge constructed by IDC at Onitsha.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 8:24am On Nov 09, 2014
VAQAXY:
Now this is the flyover bridge constructed by IDC at Onitsha.

See every1 here is complaining about IDC, I also dislike the works they do and wish better construction coys will be given those jobs in Anambra State.

It is a known fact that IDC gets 70% of all the construction works in Anambra State. Even the three flyovers @ Awka that was recently awarded was also given to them. My major problem with IDC is their poor finishing. Take a look at the pix of Inter-Bau and compare it with that of IDC,you will see a big difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2014
The only difference I can see while Inter Bau's is marked whereas IDC's is yet to be marked.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 9:17am On Nov 09, 2014
IDC = Idiotic dummy company grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 09, 2014
Nwanne stop all these grandstanding abeg, your not doing anybody even yourself and your kids any good if you keep on praising and hyping failure.
Why cant you admit for once that things aint working the way we xpected it to instead of living in denial and optimism while things go to the dogs?

oneeast:
The only difference I can see while Inter Bau's is marked whereas IDC's is yet to be marked.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:55am On Nov 09, 2014
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 9:59am On Nov 09, 2014
BuddahMonk:
Nwanne stop all these grandstanding abeg, your not doing anybody even yourself and your kids any good if you keep on praising and hyping failure.
Why cant you admit for once that things aint working the way we xpected it to instead of living in denial and optimism while things go to the dogs?

he is paid
his check is hitting the banks as you complain
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON1: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2014
BuddahMonk:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2014
3dankey:

See every1 here is complaining about IDC, I also dislike the works they do and wish better construction coys will be given those jobs in Anambra State.

It is a known fact that IDC gets 70% of all the construction works in Anambra State. Even the three flyovers @ Awka that was recently awarded was also given to them. My major problem with IDC is their poor finishing. Take a look at the pix of Inter-Bau and compare it with that of IDC,you will see a big difference.
There is so much difference. Inter-Bau is also an indigenous company belonging to Chief Nath Okechukwu , whereas the projects they handle are such that next time it will attract more projects for them IDC continued to enjoy patronage despite their poor quality jobs and exorbitant quotations
I suspect the owner(s )of IDC is not far from the former governor

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 10:48am On Nov 09, 2014
Cuche:

There is so much difference. Inter-Bau is also an indigenous company belonging to Chief Nath Okechukwu , whereas the projects they handle are such that next time it will attract more projects for them IDC continued to enjoy patronage despite their poor quality jobs and exorbitant quotations
I suspect the owner(s )of IDC is not far from the former governor
quamplitily quarect grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
Sweet Jesus,
let this IDC not be another front by politicians. Anambra has suffered too much from that type of corruption for this to happen again.

All the state capitals created in 1991 with Awka are already way ahead!
Asaba and Dutse in 1991 were forgotten rural towns,while Awka already had a major university campus and was a thriving city. Today, all these other places have blossomed and transformed into beautiful great cities, while Awka has remained largely the same since.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
BuddahMonk:

That's one thing I hate about that nigga.he defends when he's suppose to be criticizing,damning the consequences of his actions even on his generation unborn.if he has access to the govt of anambra state as suspected by people,isn't he suppose to use it for good and not this incessant ass licking all over the place.he keeps becoming more and more unpopular.anambra must be great biko kwu.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lets not act like we are blind and ignore the quality work s posted here. IDC and Interbau is doing great and we will keep them. Buddahmonk and Chima Adeoye know your friends and enemies.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
We will keep working with our indigenous companies,while encouraging them to do better work and grow stronger. I dont see anything different with the bridge up there and what Julius Berger is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
Onitsha Mall Retailers Forum:

On September 25 2014, African Capital Alliance (ACA) hosted the first Onitsha Mall Retailers Forum at the Protea Hotel Select, Ikeja, Lagos. Guests included executives from all the major retailers operating in West Africa as well as financiers, industry specialists and members of the press. ACA used the forum as an opportunity to update guests on the ongoing mall construction project and the vast economic potential in Onitsha and its immediate environs. Inline tenants will take possession of their space by the first quarter of 2015 and will commence trading in the second quarter.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
Vaqaxy has said the drained was used to channel water while the main drainage is built. And people are still crying....nonsense!
Crying more than the bereaved...lo

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
levelszik:

That's one thing I hate about that nigga.he defends when he's suppose to be criticizing,damning the consequences of his actions even on his generation unborn.if he has access to the govt of anambra state as suspected by people,isn't he suppose to use it for good and not this incessant ass licking all over the place.he keeps becoming more and more unpopular.anambra must be great biko kwu.

Nobody has promoted Anambra image on Nairaland more than that nigga....So,if you are truly an Anambrarian you should show him some respect and love.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bros aint nothing like enemy here, lets just be pragmatic and reasonable in our approach to issues.

Who dafouq is my enemy, let he or she declare theirselves, i got no enemy, Anambra is not competing with anybody so anybody that thinks he is fighting with Anambra is living in phool's paradise.

Its bc of the way some of us handle issues that make everything about us escalates, few minutes ago one ediot called okoro00 opened a thread asking question roped in sinister motive about sanitation in Anambra, all of a suden peeps from nowhere invaded the thread and started cursing and abusing themselves, war started and battleline drawn, others started uploading some unwarranted pictures and the nonsense thread started swelling bc Anambra and Obiano is mentioned.
Why cant just reply in simple words and let go?

No disturbing me now, am playing RICANstrunction by ChinoXL

OdenigboAroli:
Lets not act like we are blind and ignore the quality work s posted here. IDC and Interbau is doing great and we will keep them. Buddahmonk and Chima Adeoye know your friends and enemies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.