Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226817 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 10:48am On Nov 20, 2014
After cleansing Anambra State of criminal elements and anti-social agents that drove prospec­tive investors and most of the state’s illustrious citi­zens away, Governor Willie Obiano has finally turned his magic wand to the most difficult challenge that Ni­geria has to faced in the past 40 years – electricity supply.

To give impetus to his over­all plan to solve the power sup­ply problem in Anambra State, Governor Obiano, Wednes­day, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the building of an Independent Power Plant (IPP) in the state valued at $150 million with an indigenous firm, UD Integrated Petroleum Production Compa­ny of Nigeria Limited (UDIP­PCO). The 80 megawatt gas-to-power plant will on completion, finally animate the constellation of cottage industries, manufac­turing firms and the numerous commercial centres and mar­kets that define the entire land­scape of the state. The electric­ity project also brings the total volume of investments that the administration had attracted in the past four months to about $1.4bn.

Obiano’s foray into the neb­ulous power generation and dis­tribution sector falls in line with his general administrative blue­print, which is anchored, on Agriculture, Industrialization, Trade and Commerce and Oil and Gas. Electricity falls within the category of his blueprint that he refers to as the Enablers. The Enablers are the catalyst to the eventual explosion and exploitation of the Four Pillars of his administration outlined above. In singling out the chal­lenge of power supply, Gover­nor Obiano has divined that the only time that Anambra would truly witness a revolution is when he repeats what he did in securing the state in the power sector. To this extent, the gov­ernor has sealed the first major pact that would actualize his dream of providing stable elec­tricity to the people with UDIP­PCO, with an implementation timeline of 18 months from the date of the project implementa­tion agreement.

The power plant is expected to generate sufficient electricity for the entire state, its industrial clusters in Onitsha, Nnewi, Ozubulu and Awka as well as its many markets, ho­tels, hospitals, schools and resi­dential areas.

To signify their readiness to commence the first basic steps that will culminate in the con­struction of the power plant, UDIPPCO recently sealed a Gas Sales and Purchase Agree­ment (GSPA) with the man­agement of Orient Petroleum which offered it a direct access to develop and utilize over 375 billion standard cubic feet of gas reserves from the Orient Block and produce it at the rate of 50 million standard cubic feet of gas per day. This will give UDIPPCO enough gas to sustain the proposed 80 MW power plant for 20-25 years or more.

From time immemorial, Anambra State has always held a definite promise as the home of industrialization in all of West Africa. The state brims with natural born entre­preneurs, industrialists and in­ventors whose genius has been widely acknowledged across the world.

Nnewi, the first and most prominent Nigerian auto-city had pioneered auto-manufac­turing in the country, starting with the production of auto-spare parts to full manufacture of automobiles. Other manu­facturing activities like electric cables as well as petro-chemical products like lubricants have also been thriving in Nnewi for some time. Unfortunately, they have yet to explode on a scale that will make a real splash in the nation’s economy, princi­pally because of such niggling challenges as the almost non-existent supply of electricity. With the proposed power plant, Governor Obiano will be un­leashing the hitherto restrained kinetic entrepreneurial energy of the people to usher in a new phase of prosperity in Anambra State.

Speaking at the agreement signing ceremony, Governor Obiano pointed out that elec­tricity supply is one of the key areas of interest to his admin­istration. “We are beginning to address the challenge of power supply in Anambra State. This project will employ about 750 people directly and about 15,000 indirectly,” Governor Obiano explained.

He further said: “I keep re-assuring our people in the Dias­pora to bring back those talents and skills that made us great in foreign lands. We have done exactly what other people have done to attract our people. They provided security and power. We have provided security and now we are about to provide power here. Those things that will make our people come home and invest are the same things we are doing here now.”

Meanwhile, giving assuranc­es on the project, the Chairman of UDIPPCO, Nze Lawrence Ekwomadu explained: “Be­tween 12 and 18 months from the date of this MoU being ex­ecuted today, we shall start gen­erating and supplying steady and stable electric power in Anambra State, generated from natural gas produced within the state.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=91742

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:06am On Nov 20, 2014
This is totally cool....I love the move but I always get cold whenever we talk of electrical power. I dont know but maybe its because of failed promises we had in the past. I hope the takes off asap. 18 months it is!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
Target for the year = $1.9bn. After 8months he attracted $1.4bn, remaining $500mil... Can he do it in the next 4months? Time shall tell.

Willie Ekwueme (Talk and do)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Onitsha rocks.. cheesy

The Ukwu master Timaya gave us a flawless performance at the Hero Fiesta 2. The freestyle, the selfie and his dance step were all excellent moves. He performed his tracks from way back as well as the trending ones i.e. Ukwu and Shake your bum bum which made the audience go wild. Awesome moments like this happen only with Hero Lager !!!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
Up Coming Power Plant Projects in Anambra State

Okija CPG By Century power Ltd...................................1500MW (2 Phases)

Global Edison Cooperation IPP......................................1500MW

UDIPPCO Power IPP....................................................80MW

Total: 3080MW

Projected completion on all power plant based on my research, 2018-2019

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2014
Onitsha rocks.. cheesy

Burna boy entertained the audience at the Hero Fiesta 2 with his reggae dance hall style of music. He performed his classic tonight track, Like To Party, Won Da Mo, Yawa Dey, Run my Race and the latest Don Gorgon which made the audience go wild and asking for more. Awesome moments like this happen only with Hero Lager !!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
[size=13pt]Onitsha Mall finally launch a webpage!!![/size]

http://onitshamall.com/contruction_update_onitsha_mall.php

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
Anambra came second in national school sports festival,behind Cross River.Cross River on Saturday won the seventh edition of the National School Sports Festival held in Otukpo, Benue State with 124 gold, 91 silver and 84 bronze to win the games for the fourth consecutively time.
Anambra came second with 82 gold, 102 silver and 119 bronze medals, while Lagos won the third position with 74 gold, 51 silver and 50 bronze medals.
Declaring the festival closed, Sports Minister Tamuno Danagogo described the games as successful.
Danagogo said the National Sports Commission would monitor, groom and support the abundant talents discovered at the festival towards ensuring that they become future international stars.
While observing that the festival was not held with the best facilities, the minister said there were lots of experience from Otukpo which could help the development of sports in the country.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Boy o' boy!!!,
I just realized the IDC design for the Awka flyovers! I have nothing against IDC or local contractors, howerver those that have recognized the serious lack of experience of local contractors in doing big jobs do know exactly what they are concerned about!!!
I had been wondering why there was so much mud along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway at Awka just because of the flyover construction. Then, i was astounded as the flawed design hit me!!!

The design which I'm sure the Governor wanted was to a flyover similar to the Upper Iweka flyover which cross the express, but what IDC had designed was a flyover parallel with the express and just similar to the one at Nkpor on the Onitsha expressway! Simply put, basic rule of thumb is that the busy expressway will always be below or on the ground,while the local road bridge overpass will be on top, over the expressway. IDC, reversed this order and are repeating the flyover their built at Nkpor.

One would easily say, who cares? What's the difference? As an Engineer, when you are building a bridge on a trunk A road, you already know the frequency of dead weight heavy trucks being on the bridge is much more than if the bridge is connecting two local roads. Thus the bridge along an express is much more expensive and should require Federal Government engineers to ascertain the bridge built for a section of their highway is up to the standard. I'm not saying a flyover along an express rather than across is never done, but it is usually part of the plan when an Express needs to pass a city where local roads already exist. But in this case, Anambra must build a more expensive bridge ALONG the expressway instead of simply ACROSS the express because of this design flaw!

The pictures below show how the local road flyover should go above & across the expressway which should be below where it is feasible and not the other way round that IDC designed it!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
The flyovers in Awka are of complex design..designed to suit the already link roads and not just to flyover the city. Just take a look at this one at Amawbia junction. The design was such that it can fit in on the road network and ease traffic.

Below is how the entire place will look like when completed..

OreMI22:
Boy o' boy!!!,
I just realized the IDC design for the Awka flyovers! I have nothing against IDC or local contractors, howerver those that have recognized the serious lack of experience of local contractors in doing big jobs do know exactly what they are concerned about!!!
I had been wondering why there was so much mud along the Enugu-Onitsha expressway at Awka just because of the flyover construction. Then, i was astounded as the flawed design hit me!!!

The design which I'm sure the Governor wanted was to a flyover similar to the Upper Iweka flyover which cross the express, but what IDC had designed was a flyover parallel with the express and just similar to the one at Nkpor on the Onitsha expressway! Simply put, basic rule of thumb is that the busy expressway will always be below or on the ground,while the local road bridge overpass will be on top, over the expressway. IDC, reversed this order and are repeating the flyover their built at Nkpor.

One would easily say, who cares? What's the difference? As an Engineer, when you are building a bridge on a trunk A road, you already know the frequency of dead weight heavy trucks being on the bridge is much more than if the bridge is connecting two local roads. Thus the bridge along an express is much more expensive and should require Federal Government engineers to ascertain the bridge built for a section of their highway is up to the standard. So Anambra must build a more expensive bridge ALONG the expressway instead of simply ACROSS the express because of this design!

The pictures below show how the local road flyover should go across over the expressway and not the other way round that IDC designed it!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Schematics:
The flyovers in Awka are of complex design..designed to suit the already link roads and not just to flyover the city. Just take a look at this one at Amawbia junction. The design was such that it can fit in on the road network and ease traffic.

Below is how the entire place will look like when completed..

Bro,
I was not expecting you to do nothing other than defend, defend, defend! Sometimes accepting and learning from one's mistakes is actually a way of growing wiser and not repeating the same mistakes over.Anyhow,

The first picture is of upper Iweka flyover is the proper way to design a flyover so that one road can conveniently move across the other without obstruction.

The second picture is the same flawed design IDC is using for Awka flyovers which is built "ALONG" not across the express.

Unlike the Upper Iweka flyover where you can easily move from Awada to Ochanja simply going over the flyover and never needing to drive on the Enugu-Onitsha express to make a U-turn. At Nkpor, you will notice that you cannot drive across the expressway with that their design. You have to get on the Enugu expressway and then do a U-turn to get on the other side!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
OreMI22:

Bro,
I was not expecting you to do nothing other than defend, defend, defend! Sometimes accepting and learning from one's mistakes is actually a way of growing wiser and not repeating the same mistakes over.Anyhow,

The first picture is of upper Iweka flyover is the proper way to design a flyover so that one road can conveniently move across the other without obstruction.

The second picture is the same flawed design IDC is using for Awka flyovers which is built "ALONG" not across the express.

Unlike the Upper Iweka flyover where you can easily move from Awada to Ochanja simply going over the flyover and never needing to drive on the Enugu-Onitsha express to make a U-turn. At Nkpor, you will notice that you cannot drive across the expressway with that their design. You have to get on the Enugu expressway and then do a U-turn to get on the other side!
Nice one. Chino can never mellow and learn.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
You do not get it, it is not about defending anything because I am sure you are not wiser or more engineer than the people that designed it.

It is not about just building a flyover but to build a flyover that will match the already road networks if not the aim of the flyover will be defeated.

I showed you the picture to point out to you why that flyover had to go that way..because it has to accommodate the link roads/streets already in place.

Look at the two designs of the flyovers once more you will realize that it is a more complex design far from what you have at Nkpor.

OreMI22:

Bro,

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Energito: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
OreMI22:

Bro,

well think the flyover will be like the one at Enugu,the flyover the leads the Enugu int'l Airport.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Schematics:
You do not get it, it is not about defending anything because I am sure you not wiser or more engineer than the people that designed it.

It is not about just building a flyover but to build a flyover that will match the already road networks if not the aim of the flyover will be defeated.

I showed you the picture to point out to you why that flyover had to go that way..because it has to accommodate the link roads/streets already in place.

Look at the two designs of the flyovers once more you will realize that is more complex design far from what you have at Nkpor.

Typical!

Bros, I know i am not a better engineer than IDC folks. That isn't the case here if you can be a little objective in your reasoning. I am also not looking for a job at IDC. I also have not said their work will be structurally inferior.

All i have said is that the Awka flyover design is flawed.

Please compare that Awka flyover DESIGN to Upper iweka flyover and see for yourself. Even if you don't want to look at the design, ask yourself why no matter the direction you need to connect at the Onitsha upper Iweka flyover, you will easily do so, while the IDC design has no such capability. You cannot drive across the Enugu expressway at Nkpor but can do so at upper Iweka.
If someone coming from Enugu and wants to go to Ihiala at the upper Iweka flyover, they simply take one of the ramps to connect. The Awka flyover has no ramps!

It will be a waste of time to show you aerial design of properly designed flyovers in Enugu, PH, Kano,Kaduna,Abuja, Bauchi, Katsina, Sokoto etc. You are simply interested in hearing false praises that Anambra has the best blah blah blah,
even when we are trying to make sure we get the proper value for our money and getting basic world standard design for all our projects.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
You are not making any point my friend. I have made it clear to you as to why that flyover was designed like that. Every flyover must not be like the one at Upper Iweka.

You need to consider the structure or road network before embarking on your design. Like as I said you are not wiser or a better engineer than the people that designed it assuming you are one. If you have any problem with the flyover go to the ministry of works to complain and stop coming here to expose your ignorance.

The flyover is not flawed what is flawed is your sense of reasoning and I will always be here to counter it. Study the flyover well and you will see that it serves the same purpose you can get at Upper Iweka but via different designs..those network of roads beneath the flyover are there for a reason, it serves as the ramps in a different form/design because you can actually use them to navigation your way through. cool

OreMI22:

Typical!

Bros, I know i am not a better engineer than IDC folks. That isn't the case here if you can be a little objective in your reasoning. I am also not looking for a job at IDC. I also have not said their work will be structurally inferior.

All i have said is that the Awka flyover design is flawed.

Please compare that Awka flyover DESIGN to Upper iweka flyover and see for yourself. Even if you don't want to look at the design, ask yourself why no matter the direction you need to connect at the Onitsha upper Iweka flyover, you will easily do so, while the IDC design has no such design.
If someone coming from Enugu and wants to go to Ihiala at the upper Iweka flyover, they simply take one of the ramps to connect. The Awka flyover has no ramps!

It will be a waste of time to show you aerial design of properly designed flyovers in Enugu, PH, Kano,Kaduna,Abuja, etc. You are simply interested in hearing that Anambra has the best blah blah blah,
even when we are trying to make sure we get the proper value for our money and getting basic world standard design for our projects.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
OreMI22 from the picture of awka flyover posted by chino, it will be somehow different from the one at nkpor.

The one at nkpor is just for beautification cos its not actually necessary.

I believe in what chino is trying to pass, the construction company can't just design anyhow flyover, they designed the one that will suit the road and also change the landscape of that road as you can see from the design.

If they want flyover that will ease traffic, they can easily build the type they built at obosi.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Schematics:
You are not making any point my friend. I have made it clear to you as to why that flyover was designed like that. Every flyover must not be like the one at Upper Iweka.

You need to consider the structure or road network before embarking on your design. Like as I said you are not wiser or a better engineer than the people that designed it assuming you are one. If you have any problem with the flyover go to the ministry of works to complain and stop coming here to expose your ignorance.

The flyover is not flawed what is flawed is your sense of reasoning and I will always be here to counter it. Study the flyover well and you will see that it serves the same purpose you can get at Upper Iweka but via different designs..those network of roads beneath the flyover are there for a reason, it serves as the ramps in a different form/design because you can actually use them to navigation your way through. cool

Bia Chino,
You are a bloody Ediot!
I don't have time for an empty nonentity like you that cannot make your point without insulting people.But, If you dare to go dia with me? Then so be it!

The flyover design should have been designed to cross the existing expressway not digging up the federal road to build the flyover along it. Of course, that is my opinion if i were the designer.Ergonomics require that a design should be functionally useful and cost effective to easily incorporate all the exigencies and all probable uses. Having said that, I must warn you not to respond with another useless post or we will have fun in this thread.
Tabletman1 disagreed with me without being uncivilized like you. We don't all have to see things exactly the same way and definitely should encourage a wide range of ideas. If there is anything Anambra needs so much, it is "ideas" on how to transform itself using its areas of advantage.
If it gets a rise out of you, Otu nne gi dia!! cool
Oya, start it...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Go through my posts you cannot find anywhere that I insulted you.

Just like others disagreed with you I also disagreed with you accompanied with points not just disagreeing with you. It is very clear from your assertions that you know next to nothing about flyover design and how it suites each environment.

Our flyovers are going as planned..

So take your 'ideas' elsewhere because we neither need you nor your 'ideas'. lol

It is not by force. Dalu..lol

OreMI22:

Bia Chino,
You are a bloody Ediot!
I don't have time for an empty nonentity like you that cannot make your point without insulting people.But, If you dare to go dia with me? Then so be it!

The flyover design should have been designed to cross the existing expressway not digging up the federal road to build the flyover along it. Of course, that is my opinion if i were the designer.Ergonomics require that a design should be functionally useful and cost effective to easily incorporate all the exigencies and all probable uses. Having said that, I must warn you not to respond with another useless post or we will have fun in this thread.
Tabletman1 disagreed with me without being uncivilized like you. We don't all have to see things exactly the same way and definitely should encourage a wide range of ideas. If there is anything Anambra needs so much, it is "ideas" on how to transform itself using its areas of advantage.
Oya, start it...

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 1:41am On Nov 23, 2014
OreMI22:

Bia Chino,
The flyover design should have been designed to cross the existing expressway not digging up the federal road to build the flyover along it. Of course, that is my opinion if i were the designer.Ergonomics require that a design should be functionally useful and cost effective to easily incorporate all the exigencies and all probable uses.

Bia Mazi OreMI22.. First of all, Nkpor expressway flyover was constructed by CCC, not IDC. Mind you, same CCC did the flyover along Onitsha-Owerri road at Obosi. Upper Iweka flyover was designed as such because it does not directly link any street or inner city road. So, there is no flaw in the design of the Awka flyovers. Leave the professionals to do what they know how to do best.

If the design goes your way, how do you gain access to the buildings close to the expressway since the flyover will be on a higher plane? Your suggestion can only be possible if the streets are a bit farther from the expressway just like both the one at Upper Iweka and that of Osha-Owerri Road. See the difference now?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:52am On Nov 23, 2014
Schematics:
Go through my posts you cannot find anywhere that I insulted you.

Just like others disagreed with you I also disagreed with you accompanied with points not just disagreeing with you. It is very clear from your assertions that you know next to nothing about flyover design and how it suites each environment.

Our flyovers are going as planned..

So take your 'ideas' elsewhere because we neither need you nor your 'ideas'. lol

It is not by force. Dalu..lol

It is clear that you respect Anambra thread. I thought you would only want to insult people just to make a point. I could have exposed you by posting all your fake facebook and linkedin profile here.

Yes, i do not know anything about flyovers but i always strive for the highest quality and best design.If the Awka flyovers will cost Anambra a whopping N 5 billion naira, the onus is on every good citizen to make sure they are of the highest quality and best design.
Someone mentioned the Enugu airport road flyover at Emene, that is another good design that takes into consideration those coming and going to Abakaliki and builds a ramps to adequately route traffic smoothly.

Part of the problem why Awka has remained the least developed of all the state capitals created in 1991 and indeed in the SE is doing everything with shoddy designs and half baked contractors. It is almost as though mediocrity is an acceptable state policy. Even the Zik's avenue which has remained the ONLY dualized road since Awka became a state capital territory more than 23 years ago, was done so shabbily that it is so narrow with street lights that look like they were cannibalized from the old streetlights on a very old street.

Today, look at Dutse, Lokoja, Asaba, Umuahia, Birnin Kebbi or Damaturu in comparison to Awka. In 1991, except for Umuahia, Awka was considered more of a developed city than all those village towns. Compare them today to Awka and see.They all look like real state capital cities except Awka.Some of them even have well constructed stadia. Which many here will find insulting if you compared their stadia to the one built in Anambra.

Anambra is definitely a state of giants, but its leadership have been largely mediocre. We spend about what other states spend on infrastructure, but the quality of what we get is often mediocre and worse inferior. For example the Enugu Shoprite mall cost N5.2 billion naira and it is 2 storey and 22,000 sq. meters with parking lot for 1000 cars, while the Onitsha shoprite mall is just 12,000 sq. meters, a bungalow mall and with parking for just 500 cars, yet it cost N4.9 billion! I can also assure you that when they finish, you still won't know where the money was spent.
Therefore, we must change the way we act and begin to demand that barest minimum standards must be upheld for projects in Anambra projects too.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ba7man(m): 2:02am On Nov 23, 2014
OreMI22:

Bia Chino,
You are a bloody Ediot!

Oya, start it...
Relax man. cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 23, 2014
The spine of the argument between you two; Schematics and OreMI22 isn't a difference of objective but simply "application". Both of you are correct. OreMI22 is basing his point in "principle/theory" what is suitable and conventionally acceptable in today's mainstream design while Schematics is basing his point on "practicality" what is practical based on existing road network. You two share the same objective with us...we need these flyovers! As a professional engineer, though without access to the design facts, my comment is limited in that regard. However I'm pretty confident that the engineers at IDC know what they are doing; they thoroughly examined all possible scenarios for this overpass during the design process and finally settled on the current design. They have their reasons/constraints for doing that. To OreMI22, I get where you are coming from an engineering design standpoint but we both know this is a TECHNICAL MATTER, if you feel the need to question the integrity of their design or make a suggestion...Call IDC and speak with their engineers!

Now let's relax and enjoy these slides...Our Beautiful sister Amb. Bianca Ojukwu inaugurates Anambra Association in Malaga. Also enjoy the song by Chief Dr. Oliver De Coque; as usual with our unique Anambra tradition of eulogizing our illustrious, gifted and blessed business men.

Anambra state still holds the title as the state with the richest individuals in Nigeria and ranked lowest in poverty. No state has been able to clinch these titles simultaneously for decades...THE TRUE LIGHT OF THE NATION!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frSH-fdkOwU

http://www.vozafric.com/xclusive-bianca-ojukwu-inaugurates-anambra-state-association-malaga/

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 6:50am On Nov 23, 2014
You are talking both rubbish and nonsense at the same time mr man. Awka flyovers are on point because you know next to nothing I mean nothing about what flyover is about. As for comparison, Awka is not competing with any local Nigerian state or city..we have set out target high to aim Dubai. Apart from Zik avenue there are other dual carriageways like the Ekwueme square road, old govt house road, uzo Awka road etc and so many other dual carriageways springing up in and around Greenwood city including the ones that are being expanded. Today Awka is the fastest developing city in the SE with its landscape a complete construction site with roads infrastructures, flyovers, mall, 5 star hospitality facilities, 3 arms zone, modern housing estates to complement the existing ones are all going on. Awka is the emerging Dubai of Nigeria. At the end of the day Awka will rank only after Abuja and maybe Uyo. Go figure.. cool

On the issue of malls..what we have in Onitsha is what is called strip mall and that is the way most modern malls are being built around the world today. Because it avails easy accessibility. Enugu mall will look like an ordinary supermarket when Onitsha mall and Raddison Blu is completed in Onitsha next year..that is a statement of fact. See the mall below and compare it with that thing you have in enugu.

We are building 3 malls in Anambra while Enugu you are using as a case-study has only one. Merge all the malls in Anambra today it will be the biggest mall in West Africa if not Africa.

Which is fake facebook profile? Please post it for all to see..clown. Junkie, try any rubbish on this thread and I will invite the insurgents to scatter, destroy and feast on enugu thread here and now. Its a promise that will be fulfilled in your very eyes.. cool

[s]
OreMI22:

It is clear that you respect Anambra thread. I thought you would only want to insult people just to make a point. I could have exposed you by posting all your fake facebook and linkedin profile here.

Yes, i do not know anything about flyovers but i always strive for the highest quality and best design.If the Awka flyovers will cost Anambra a whopping N 5 billion naira, the onus is on every good citizen to make sure they are of the highest quality and best design.
Someone mentioned the Enugu airport road flyover at Emene, that is another good design that takes into consideration those coming and going to Abakaliki and builds a ramps to adequately route traffic smoothly.

Part of the problem why Awka has remained the least developed of all the state capitals created in 1991 and indeed in the SE is doing everything with shoddy designs and half baked contractors. It is almost as though mediocrity is an acceptable state policy. Even the Zik's avenue which has remained the ONLY dualized road since Awka became a state capital territory more than 23 years ago, was done so shabbily that it is so narrow with street lights that look like they were cannibalized from the old streetlights on a very old street.

Today, look at Dutse, Lokoja, Asaba, Umuahia, Birnin Kebbi or Damaturu in comparison to Awka. In 1991, except for Umuahia, Awka was considered more of a developed city than all those village towns. Compare them today to Awka and see.They all look like real state capital cities except Awka.Some of them even have well constructed stadia. Which many here will find insulting if you compared their stadia to the one built in Anambra.

Anambra is definitely a state of giants, but its leadership have been largely mediocre. We spend about what other states spend on infrastructure, but the quality of what we get is often mediocre and worse inferior. For example the Enugu Shoprite mall cost N5.2 billion naira and it is 2 storey and 22,000 sq. meters with parking lot for 1000 cars, while the Onitsha shoprite mall is just 12,000 sq. meters, a bungalow mall and with parking for just 500 cars, yet it cost N4.9 billion! I can also assure you that when they finish, you still won't know where the money was spent.
Therefore, we must change the way we act and begin to demand that barest minimum standards must be upheld for projects in Anambra projects too.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by 3dankey(m): 7:50am On Nov 23, 2014
@ Schematics and OreMI22

Both of you are the reason why this thread have gotten to this extent and should not fight over this for the sake of the thread. OreMI22 view is objective from an Engineers point of view, while Schematics is also saying the same thing from a different perspective.

I like your posts (Schematics & OreMI22) but I wish it should be devoid of Insults.

One thing I like about obaino, is his desire for higher quality and taste in any project that he is embarking upon. The previous coy handling both the international market and the onitsha mall projects have being replaced and I think it is because of quality and standard that is attached to the project.

Lastly, no one should be criticized for saying his or her mind. We are all here to make our state better by our contributions.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 8:28am On Nov 23, 2014
oneeast:
You are talking both rubbish and nonsense at the same time mr man. Awka flyovers are on point because you know next to nothing I mean nothing about what flyover is about. As for comparison, Awka is not competing with any local Nigerian state or city..we have set out target high to aim Dubai. Today entire Awka landscape is a complete construction site with roads infrastructures, flyovers, mall, 5 star hospitality facilities, 3 arms zone, modern housing estates to complement the existing ones are all going on. Awka is the emerging Dubai of Nigeria. At the end of the day Awka will rank only after Abuja and maybe Uyo. Go figure.. cool

On the issue of malls..what we have in Onitsha is what is called strip mall and that is the way most modern malls are being built around the world today. Because it avails easy accessibility. Enugu mall will look like an ordinary supermarket when Onitsha mall and Raddison Blu is completed in Onitsha next year..that is a statement of fact. See the mall below and compare it with that thing you have in enugu.

We are building 3 malls in Anambra while Enugu you are using as a case-study has only one. Merge all the malls in Anambra today it will be the biggest mall in West Africa if not Africa.

Which is fake facebook profile? Please post it for all to see..clown. Junkie, try any rubbish on this thread and I will invite the insurgents to scatter, destroy and feast on enugu thread here and now. Its a promise that will be fulfilled in your very eyes.. cool

[s][/s]
SMH. This is the real chino, always bragging. You don't want to compare Anambra with any state yet you are here boasting how Awka will pass other states and be the new dubai. We are judging by the things we see and already completed projects. You too de hype sha....

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2014
I have gotten mouthwatering pics of Iyiowa Odekpe but am using mobile apps now, uploading them pics will actually happen now untill i switch to desktop.

Anambra state is on fire seriously, the economy of the state must be top 5 in th country presently if you see the number of investment that is happening in the Harbour Ind Layout now.

I will upload pics but not now

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
I have gotten mouthwatering pics of Iyiowa Odekpe but am using mobile apps now, uploading them pics will actually happen now untill i switch to desktop.

Anambra state is on fire seriously, the economy of the state must be top 5 in th country presently if you see the number of investment that is happening in the Harbour Ind Layout now.

I will upload pics but not now

Seconded...Anambra is on serious facelift fire. Gov. Obiano is a workhorse!!!

For once in my life, I'm very optimistic about the future of Anambra. Obiano style of broad development of Anambra state of all sectors is something that I admire. He addresses every concerns in the minds of Anambrans: revamping of major towns... Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi; security; roads; agriculture; education; commerce and business opportunity; tourism; and many more. Especially security which many have expressed great success! If he stays focused in all these key areas, Anambra is a state to watch out for in 4 yrs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2014
Innovator90:

Seconded...Anambra is on serious facelift fire. Gov. Obiano is a workhorse!!!

For once in my life, I'm very optimistic about the future of Anambra. Obiano style of broad development of Anambra state of all sectors is something that I admire. He addresses every concerns in the minds of Anambrans: revamping of major towns... Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi; security; roads; agriculture; education; commerce and business opportunity; tourism; and many more. Especially security which many have expressed great success! If he stays focused in all these key areas, Anambra is a state to watch out for in 4 yrs

We all agree. I have seen with my eyes too but that doesn't mean we should relax or over hype the way Chino is doing. Let's work together as a team and consider other peoples opinions and suggestions.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 9:25am On Nov 23, 2014
OreMI22:

This your post goes a long way to prove what I am trying to pass but people always attack me cos that's not what they want to hear.
Onitsha is fast expanding via population and urbanization yet our government is not doing any thing about that. People are building houses without restriction while some will even build their own house on a pathway.
Peter obi spent 8yrs spreading sub standard projects around anambra. What happen to good and quality projects?
They are about to build another bridge across Omanbala river while the first one is barely use by residents, they prefer to cross to Mmiata Anam with boat. Why won't they use the money for that bridge to develop or construct new roads at places like odume obosi which has most of the high rise residential building yet no road? What about area like nkwelle and some parts of Nsugbe?
Another thing is the IDC company use to do half baked construction. It is almost a year now and they are yet to finish installing the new rails at the upper iweka flyover.

Though Obiano is trying via urban development but more needs to be done.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:57am On Nov 23, 2014
This my nigga above is always on point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.