Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (474) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227870 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Abatete is set for Xmas party

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ezeagu(m): 9:10am On Nov 27, 2015
Mopolchi:
Guy u dey sure na dis Anambra state I dey be this?

That's Nellys Newtown Hotel in Oba.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Abs Temporal House!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2015
Obiano flags off Anambra-Abia State link road

Awka—ANAMBRA State government has flagged off the rehabilitation of 35-year-old Nawfija-Ufuma-Ogbanka-Abia State border road to ease transportation in the area.

The ceremony took place at Ogbunka in Orumba South local government area.

The road has been in a deplorable condition for about 35 years and usually impassable during the rainy season.

Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development, Mr. Frank Offor, who performed the ceremony on behalf of Governor Willie Obiano, explained that when completed, the road would shorten the journey from Anambra to Abia and Enugu states and also improve the economic status of communities in the area.

He urged the people of the area to support the state government in its efforts to improve the living standard of Anambra people, assuring that Governor Obiano was determined to make the state a reference point in terms of infrastructure development.

According to him, the governor was fulfilling his campaign promises to the people despite the economic crisis facing the country, assuring that all parts of the state would benefit from the state government’s programmes.

The representative of the contractor handling the project, Mr. Freddy Dekleyn assured that the project would be delivered within the time given by government.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/obiano-flags-off-anambra-abia-state-link-road/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2015
Ndi anambra the quoter system is depriving Anambra a lot of things!! We should talk and debate on this issue... cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by iketalu(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2015
mehn..........proudly anambra boy,my people keeps representing jare,God bless anambra and federal republic of Nigeria amen,nice thread bro,I don't base in anambra but am delighted to know more about this sweet state.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 11:31am On Nov 27, 2015
WAEC: Anambra Born Miss Onyinye Oguejiofor And Lagos Born Master Oluwatobi Raji Smash Record

Anambra born Miss Onyinye Oguejiofor, has come out second best in the May/June 2014 WASSCE examination written by over 1.7 million candidates in the whole of Nigeria.

The eighteen-year-old former student of Marist Comprehensive College,
Nteje, Anambra State, was rewarded alongside two other students in the 53rd annual general meeting of Nigeria National Committee (NNC) of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) held in Akure, Ondo state.

Aside Nder, who obtained 9 A1s in the school exam to emerge the best candidate, 18-year-old, Miss Onyinye Oguejiofor, formerly of Marist Comprehensive College, Nteje, Anambra State, came second with 9 A1s while 17-year-old Master Oluwatobi Raji, formerly of St Francis Catholic Secondary School, Idimu, Lagos, recorded 9A1s in the WASSCE.

Speaking at the award ceremony, Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko, said: “We have always welcomed with passion any educational programme that the state is privileged to host. Our passion is always borne out of the convictions that, no nation can ever rise above the quality of her education. This is because education is the vital organ and the very pivot around which all national life resolves.’’
Mimiko, who was represented by the Deputy Governor, Alhaji Abdul-Azeez Oluboyo, commended WAEC for its efforts in conducting standard examinations and producing credible results over the years.
The chairman of WAEC NNC, Mrs. Anne Okonkwo, said the awards were aimed at encouraging youths to strive for excellence in their academic pursuits.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/national/36-south-east/2387-18-year-old-anambra-born-records-9-a1s-in-wassce

https://www.nairaland.com/2766215/waec-anambra-born-onyinye-lagos

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 11:47am On Nov 27, 2015
Mopolchi:
Guy u dey sure na dis Anambra state I dey be this?

That's Nelly New Town at Oba, it's not quite far from the Rojenny Sports facilities. Below is another view of it as posted here by frankie.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
Upates from Awka flyovers. Serious work ongoing.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
AnamCity:
Upates from Awka flyovers. Serious work ongoing.
Oboy why you first me post this picture? angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
The changing landscape and skyline of Awka
27 NOVEMBER 2015

Awka the capital city of Anambra state is gradually undergoing a rebirth, thanks to the vision of Governor Willie Obiano who has been the governor for only 18 months.
I took this picture earlier today at the popular Aroma junction and felt very proud. Who would have thought that 'big idea' projects like this flyover bridge at Aroma junction Awka would ever be built in Anambra state? Or the 2 other ones being built at Kwata and Amawbia junctions.
The changing landscape and skyline of Awka is a further testimony to what Ndi Anambra have been saying for long;

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 12:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
FKO81:

Oboy why you first me post this picture? angry angry

It's still for the love of our great state. wink

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
AnamCity:

It's still for the love of our great state. wink
grin ;Don't worry I will cover my in special way.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
FKO81:

grin ;DDon't worry I will cover my own in special way.

I trust you for always getting a comprehensive photo-report. You are a great son of Omambala.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
investnow2013:
The changing landscape and skyline of Awka
27 NOVEMBER 2015

Awka the capital city of Anambra state is gradually undergoing a rebirth, thanks to the vision of Governor Willie Obiano who has been the governor for only 18 months.
I took this picture earlier today at the popular Aroma junction and felt very proud. Who would have thought that 'big idea' projects like this flyover bridge at Aroma junction Awka would ever be built in Anambra state? Or the 2 other ones being built at Kwata and Amawbia junctions.
The changing landscape and skyline of Awka is a further testimony to what Ndi Anambra have been saying for long;
The bold is very important and it is why I support Obiano. Dude has great ideas. The flyover is looking like a masterpiece.. All these people talking nonsense about obiano should just go and die.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
But wait oh, who will commission this flyover? Buhari?

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Pchinak: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
But wait oh, who will commission this flyover? Buhari?

hahahahaha...You are just something else. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
Although, it makes every sense to do it and i hope they will do it.

i just had to post my hope that at the completion of the flyover, they cover those medians with concrete and put street light.

I say this because we often leave things half done. Peter Obi never installed street lights on Park avenue after it was dualized. Someone raised that issue then, but because it seemed so common-sensical that they will put street lights having made provision for it in the median.
In the end, they left it like that. Robbing that road of the chance to be outstanding if it had been completed properly with street lights.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nice one, hope to drive on this fly over by Christmas.

What are those two protruding forms for? Will there be a barrier to stop heavy trucks from climbing the flyover?

Cant wait to see the finishing of these landmark changing flyovers
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 2:47pm On Nov 27, 2015
Obiano is the man we shall campaign for in 2017.. cool

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
funkiebully:
Nice one, hope to drive on this fly over by Christmas.

What are those two protruding forms for? Will there be a barrier to stop heavy trucks from climbing the flyover?

Cant wait to see the finishing of these landmark changing flyovers
It looks like all will be almost same design!(pix1) Aroma Flyover..... (Pix2 & 3)Kwata Flyover!.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 3:30pm On Nov 27, 2015
investnow2013:
It looks like all will be almost same design!(pix1) Aroma Flyover..... (Pix2 & 3)Kwata Flyover!.

This makes sense. First time I'm impressed with IDC construction company, their nkpor flyover was a mess. Too local.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 3:32pm On Nov 27, 2015
To access Anambra state 2015 budget,click on the link below to see how your government intends to spend your money.

http://www.yourbudgit.com/data/

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
A delegation of UK investors who propose to partner with Anambra State in different areas of the Agricultural sector visits Anambra State for UK-Anambra Agric-Tech Trade and Investment meeting organised by ANSIPPA in conjunction with the Ministry of Agriculture.

Presentations during the meeting highlights a value chain of business to business relationship in the Agricultural sector between UK and Anambra State, mechanized agricultural processing design and innovative agricultural technology that will improve food production and processing in Anambra State.

After the presentations, the delegation made some farm visitation and a courtesy visit to His Excellency, the Governor of Anambra State, who welcomed the UK investors and assured them of an enabling environment for partnership.

Invest Nigeria... Think Anambra

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2015
The UK investors lodged at the 5-star Awka Best Western hotel where they interacted with the general public.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
Interactive session with the investors

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
ezeagu:

That's Nellys Newtown Hotel in Oba.
Wow! Interesting to note.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
We are talking of Modern Anambra State,but we cannot forget our history. Do you know the oldest storey building in your town?..... How old was it?...... Here I saw in Adazi-Nnukwu Anaocha Lga of Anambra State a storey building which is over 150 years old!. It is called 'Nnoli House'. I am using this opportunity to call on Anambra state govt to help preserve this House!. (Pix)150 years old Nnoli House Adazi-Nnukwu!.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
investnow2013:
We are talking of Modern Anambra State,but we cannot forget our history. Do you know the oldest storey building in your town?..... How old was it?...... Here I saw in Adazi-Nnukwu Anaocha Lga of Anambra State a storey building which is over 150 years old!. It is called 'Nnoli House'. I am using this opportunity to call on Anambra state govt to help preserve this House!. (Pix)150 years old Nnoli House Adazi-Nnukwu!.

This house and when it must have been completed got me reflecting very deeply.
The Igbo success has always brought us envy, both in the past and now.

Imagine the feeling in the heart of the colonial administrators then. Seeing blacks living in such houses while they had nothing like that as their private home in England. That is why they must have hated the Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2015
OreMI22:

This house and when it must have been completed got me reflecting very deeply.
The Igbo success has always brought us envy, both in the past and now.

Imagine the feeling in the heart of the colonial administrators then. Seeing blacks living in such houses while they had nothing like that as their private home in England. That is why they must have hated the Igbo
I was told that the owner of that house had 25 wives & was very rich!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
funkiebully:

This makes sense. First time I'm impressed with IDC construction company, their nkpor flyover was a mess. Too local.
Did IDC build any flyover at Nkpor? I think you are mistaking CCC for IDC.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2015
AnamCity:
The UK investors lodged at the 5-star Awka Best Western hotel where they interacted with the general public.
Bro which part of Awka is this 5 star hotel situated?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.