Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1225392 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2015
Our ways must change if were to survive in a highly tribalistic & hostile nation!.We must 'Think & Breath' Home to make a difference!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Darlduchi: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2015
Do you have the statistics of Biafran's who has lost their lives and properties in these areas you are clamouring? When was the last time, Chines investors had their businesses where destroyed sake of thier origin and belief though their businesses are outside of China.

There are many of your type who are so naive, and many are so ignorant of the conspiracy against Us, playing ostrich when facts and events are glaring at us.

How can anyone go wrong in recalling his investment when you have a hostile host who's full time Job is to destroy you and your effort at the slightest provocation or even for no reason at all? Do you value wealth more than life itself? Have we not bee told to Go and create our own Lagos in Biafra Land? Are you aware that our Business are systematically burnt in lagos?

I am not sure of your age, it is understandable if you are a kid, perhaps you are untaught, in any case shut your mouth and let Elders educate you.

Wake-up young Man, for Islam to control you they must first destroy your economy, these signals are real.

Bishop42:

This kind of comment is why I detest many democracies or even few people dictating for millions. Igboland should be run like Chinese democracy by hundreds of brilliant Patriots gathering to brain storm before dishing comments and never allow emotions cloud their judgement otherwise..we will be at the mercy of too many emotional patriots,puppets or moles churning out policies that will never stand the taste of time.

Don't you guys ever wonder what the impact of not investing in North,SW or Middlebelt for the next 100yrs will have in Igboland? This was thesame careless emotional excuse that made America and other Western societies to avoid Africa,now China is investing heavingly all over Africa and they are panicking.

If you guys really have the best interest of Ndiigbo at heart you will naturally balance the whole thing by aswell asking Northerners to stop investing in Portharcourt,Asaba,Enugu,Anambra,Southern Benue and other part of Igboland. Ignoring this part gives us reasons to view this comment with suspicion. I recall when I read about Dokubo and Uwazurike doing a rally in SouthEast I ask someone never to trust these people... I still have the record.. and one of my reason was the desperate tactis he used in forcing home ndiigbo who could have voted for Jonathan this year... while ACF made it a point of duty to see that Northern in refuge camps voted for their own...thw dude "who have the interest of ndiigbo at heart" was busy scream "lata wanu nu no,okwa otuwa ka ojukwu siri kwu,ndi igbo anagi anu ihe". The quickiest way to know if these traitors are loyal or for their selfish interest is to disgise as the enemy and treat them like king, you can break them in a short time.

If I have my way I will lauch a 3billion dollar fund for for innoson,cortix wire, other indigenous companies to spread to to Northern , South West Nigeria and Worldwide. I bet innoson and local compnies is already thinking toward this direction but narrowminded people(both igbo and non igbos) could be frustrating.
The time to encourage or force Igbo companies to spread and conquer other lands is now.
Lest We Forget: NO TRIBE IN NIGERIA INVEST HOME MORE THAN THE IGBOS,I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2015
The call for igbos to bring back all their investment home and to stop investing outside their territory is mischievous,baseless and preposterous. We should as a super race be working to conquer others territory and call the shot not this clannish thinking.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 10:23am On Nov 29, 2015
Bishop42:

... Igboland should be run like Chinese democracy by hundreds of brilliant Patriots gathering to brain storm before dishing comments and never allow emotions cloud their judgement
If I have my way I will lauch a 3billion dollar fund for for innoson,cortix wire, other indigenous companies to spread to to Northern , South West Nigeria and Worldwide. I bet innoson and local compnies is already thinking toward this direction but narrowminded people(both igbo and non igbos) could be frustrating.
The time to encourage or force Igbo companies to spread and conquer other lands is now.
first, china do not practice democracy.

second, china has almost all it's companies based in china

thirdly, you can only expand your companies to other areas if you already have it in your root area, which is not the case of most ndi igbo.

See my friend no one is saying you should not invest/expand to other regions in the country and beyond, but you have to at least have a very strong presence in igboland. Innoson,curtix, kotec, master energy, slok and many more has a very strong presence in the igboland hence can expand with no complaint. This can't be said about most companies owned by the igbos..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 29, 2015
Stop misleading people with conspiracies, ndiigbos are known for their pertinaciousness and they will keep spreading their tentacles untill it crosses over several seas. Infact we should be spreading over the earth and be teaching people our language. We are a great nation.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2015
investnow2013:
Our ways must change if were to survive in a highly tribalistic & hostile nation!.We must 'Think & Breath' Home to make a difference!
thats the point i have been trying to make. You cannot claim to be conquering other regions without pointing out to one single investment at home.. Is that not foolishness?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2015
Bishop42:

My friend, I don't expect chronic Northerner lovers to appreciete nor understand this comment
you are far more confused than I initially thought..someone that believes in manufacturing and productive outfits owned by Igbos should be located igboland or having igboland as main base is now a chronic northern lover

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:47am On Nov 29, 2015
Darlduchi:
Do you have the statistics of Biafran's who has lost their lives and properties in these areas you are clamouring? When was the last time, Chines investors had their businesses where destroyed sake of thier origin and belief though their businesses are outside of China.

There are many of your type who are so naive, and many are so ignorant of the conspiracy against Us, playing ostrich when facts and events are glaring at us.

How can anyone go wrong in recalling his investment when you have a hostile host who's full time Job is to destroy you and your effort at the slightest provocation or even for no reason at all? Do you value wealth more than life itself? Have we not bee told to Go and create our own Lagos in Biafra Land? Are you aware that our Business are systematically burnt in lagos?

I am not sure of your age, it is understandable if you are a kid, perhaps you are untaught, in any case shut your mouth and let Elders educate you.

Wake-up young Man, for Islam to control you they must first destroy your economy, these signals are real.

Coscharis pay millions of Naira to Lagos State govt simply because he made Lagos his Corporate Headquaters!..... This money would have helped increase Anambra state internally generated revenue!. Ibeto pay more money as tax to Anambra state govt than anyother company simply because his corporate Headquaters is in Nnewi!.Our biggest Hotel franchise is not in Anambra State or Igboland!.Likewise Banks, Industries etc are all Headquatered outside Anambra/Igboland.We must remember that those are well paid jobs created not in Anambra State or Eastern region but outside!..... It is very sad!.We need to do something about this urgently before become too late!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 11:13am On Nov 29, 2015
herringbone:
[s]The call for igbos to bring back all their investment home and to stop investing outside their territory is mischievous,baseless and preposterous. We should as a super race be working to conquer others territory and call the shot not this clannish thinking.[/s]
You need to put you thinking cap on. There is nothing wrong with igbos investing outside igboland but they must atleast make igboland the headquarters of their businesses... Tummy Tummy noodles is selling today in all parts of Nigeria from Nnewi, same with Innoson, Juhel Pharmacy products,etc. The problem is when igbos abandon igboland to go and root their business elsewhere in Nigeria boosting the IGR of those states while facing hostile socio-conomic risks in their host communities.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2015
Many people don't know that this noodles is produced in Nnewi and they ae fairly competing with indomie nationally. The owner would have decided to move his company to lagos like others do with flimsy excuses. My only problem with businesses based in igboland is marketing and media coverage.. They (for reasons best known to them) don't invest in media marketing of their products. They are yet to understand the power of the media. Many don't even have functioning websites.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by christejames(m): 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2015
Scholes007:
great.Did you say there were planning to build a university in anambra?
the Marist brothers have proposed a University at a community in Udi close to Enugu, I don't know how far they have gone with development there.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by christejames(m): 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
AnamCity:

No, I didn't say that. Some people on this thread were saying that they should build a university since they have ran their secondary school excellently well.
yeah... They already have one being developed in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chiefobdk(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bishop42:

This kind of comment is why I detest many democracies or even few people dictating for millions. Igboland should be run like Chinese democracy by hundreds of brilliant Patriots gathering to brain storm before dishing comments and never allow emotions cloud their judgement otherwise..we will be at the mercy of too many emotional patriots,puppets or moles churning out policies that will never stand the taste of time.

Don't you guys ever wonder what the impact of not investing in North,SW or Middlebelt for the next 100yrs will have in Igboland? This was thesame careless emotional excuse that made America and other Western societies to avoid Africa,now China is investing heavingly all over Africa and they are panicking.

If you guys really have the best interest of Ndiigbo at heart you will naturally balance the whole thing by aswell asking Northerners to stop investing in Portharcourt,Asaba,Enugu,Anambra,Southern Benue and other part of Igboland. Ignoring this part gives us reasons to view this comment with suspicion. I recall when I read about Dokubo and Uwazurike doing a rally in SouthEast I ask someone never to trust these people... I still have the record.. and one of my reason was the desperate tactis he used in forcing home ndiigbo who could have voted for Jonathan this year... while ACF made it a point of duty to see that Northern in refuge camps voted for their own...thw dude "who have the interest of ndiigbo at heart" was busy scream "lata wanu nu no,okwa otuwa ka ojukwu siri kwu,ndi igbo anagi anu ihe". The quickiest way to know if these traitors are loyal or for their selfish interest is to disgise as the enemy and treat them like king, you can break them in a short time.

Lest We Forget: NO TRIBE IN NIGERIA INVEST HOME MORE THAN THE IGBOS,I STAND TO BE CORRECTED

you made a good point. but u need to dig deeper. u got brain. use it

but seriously dude. you speak from both sides of Ur mouth

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
chiefobdk:

you made a good point. but u need to dig deeper. u got brain. use it

but seriously dude. you speak from both sides of Ur mouth

That Bishop42 guy truly has a way to mislead folks on issues. That dude is a very dangerously dishonest fellow. he can convince you water is wine, if you don't have your guards on.I remember when he did his skyscrapers crusade for Igboland, and conveniently based all his argument on mindset while he tactfully ignored all the realities of funding, technical know how etc.

asha80:
you type like someone that speaks from both sides of the mouth

I really don't trust that Bishop42 guy.

Just wondering aloud on what he claimed, he said northerners were investing in Asaba,Enugu, Anambra, Port harcourt etc, can he name those northern investments? This is a guy that tells whatever fantastic lie he likes without a shred of truth nor reality. Again he conveniently ignored that Igbo businesses and properties have been constant target of almajiri riots in the north. Yet Igbos own countless businesses, massive sprawling estates in the north and west. I will be glad if he can point to one decent duplex or even bungalow owned by a northerner or yoruba anywhere in Igboland.

He will not confront such hard facts, but he will come around to post some crappy, unrelated logic how Chinese invested or America or how America invested in Japan. The question is, has American or Chinese investment been looted and burned in Nigeria or elsewhere as Igbo properties in the north?......, and the Americans or Chinese stubbornly go back to the same places to rebuild them just for the same arson to be repeated over and over? The answer is NO, because they are wise. Foolish isn't Igbo.
For the avoidance of doubt, nobody says Igbo should not invest outside Igboland such as in Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal or Ghana. We are only telling our people to learn from history and chiefly avoid northern nigeria and to an extent, western Nigeria.

I have seen our people in the north argue against igbo interest because they think they are northerners, simply because they were born there.if you check closely, that guy probably lives in Sokoto or katsina as one of those Igbos that speak hausa and would have gleefully sold out their kith & kin, but for their misfortune that the north bluntly refused to accept them. Even though they were born and bred there.

I typically view their opinions with massive spoons of salt.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by thinkhome: 2:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bishop42:
First time am seeing people not using our Palm wine and wooden cups in traditional marriage. Some elite though. This is how beautiful cultures start to go extinct,mostly started by elites.
You just took the word out of my mouth. If you ask them, they'll say it's modernization. I've attended a so called elites traditional marriage where the couple had to cut a cake. Then I began to ask myself: what does cake have to do with our tradition? A rapuzia omenaana e mebezia omeneenu in the name of modernization.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by knowledgeable: 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2015
Bishop42:

I thank you very much for this powerful, insightful, balance, critical way of reason. I myself is guilty of that mentality of every Igbo business man/woman must bring their investment back home because, hausa/yorubas are not reciprocating. Although, there are clear advantages in terms of competing for market share against other aggressive competitors brought about by globalization and the power of ict, but caution should also be the watch words during a period of future political uncertainties.

Secondly, there must be clear message from those regions that Igbo businesses and investments are no more welcome, at which, we the conscious ones can encourage our business men to pull out. Mr. Chukwuma of Innoson Motors has a strategy of west Africa sub regional diversification.

Globalization, and ict have empowered the Igbos way, way beyond the reach of our enemies, as we are in about 80 countries and doing ok, and if you think otherwise, check... 'radiobiafra' or 'western Union remittances'.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Obiobi8(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:
At the Golden Jubilee Of Episcopal Ordination Of Cardinal Arinze. Congrats to the Cardinal. Meanwhile, what is Gowon always doing in Anambra State?

I don't know wetin that man dey think..
He should be in jail for crimes against humanity..

Naija is a funny place..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
Obiano to World Bank: declare emergency on erosion

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
We need to do what Nnewi did after the war in Anambra State.We must begin somewhere like this event centre in Nnewi began sometime ago!. (Pix)Hotel & Event Centre Nnewi Anambra State

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2015
christejames:
yeah... They already have one being developed in Enugu.

I have not heard anything like that though.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
And Now This......

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2015
Now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
Obiobi8:

I don't know wetin that man dey think..
He should be in jail for crimes against humanity..

Naija is a funny place..
Nwa ya nwoke goro Ogo n' Aro-Ndikelionwu in Orumba North Local Govt of Anambra State. Mana nwa ya nwoke ahu gburu ada anyi na mba amerika. Ana m anu na ha hapugo k'oputa na nga o no ke mgbe.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2015
GLO Laffta n Fest happenning in Awka. Mother of all FEST

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
@Bishop42, if America, UK, China had invested their all in our lands with the resultant effect of turning our place to world class cities while theirs look like third world countries, I am sure you would have been the first person to refer to them as fools with factory fitted stupidity! (thanks to MrEverest).
Secondly, please remind me of the northern and South western investments in Igbo land again? Yeah! I bet you'll be cracking your head now to name just one investment by any of these two groups in Igbo land. Ndị banyi si, na a na-esi n'ụlọ, mara mma wee pụọ na ama. Ọzọ dị ka ibe ya, a bụrụ na, e jighị a kpata a tufuo aba ọgaranya.
Conquer enemy territory by all means, but make sure all your businesses have their foundation in your home. As a matter of fact, the best of your innovations should be cited in your home land. You ought to invest in enemy territory, in a way that if conditions become unfavourable, you can easily pack up and leave with as minimal a loss as possible. Don't be smart by half!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2015
I GO DIE on stage

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by knowledgeable: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
investnow2013:

Highly tribalistic & hostile indeed. "Have any one notice how these tribalistic yorobbers are driving their 'Yoruba Common Wealth & Politics' forum to overtake the Anambra Light Of The Nation Forum"?, at which all hell will break loose on this nairaland as they claim superior to the great Igbos.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2015
GANDOKI digging it

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2015
I don't know this DUDE

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
Cjrane2:

That Bishop42 guy truly has a way to mislead folks on issues. That dude is a very dangerously dishonest fellow. he can convince you water is wine, if you don't have your guards on.I remember when he did his skyscrapers crusade for Igboland, and conveniently based all his argument on mindset while he tactfully ignored all the realities of funding, technical know how etc.

I really don't trust that Bishop42 guy.

Just wondering aloud on what he claimed, he said northerners were investing in Asaba,Enugu, Anambra, Port harcourt etc, can he name those northern investments? This is a guy that tells whatever fantastic lie he likes without a shred of truth nor reality. Again he conveniently ignored that Igbo businesses and properties have been constant target of almajiri riots in the north. Yet Igbos own countless businesses, massive sprawling estates in the north and west. I will be glad if he can point to one decent duplex or even bungalow owned by a northerner or yoruba anywhere in Igboland.

He will not confront such hard facts, but he will come around to post some crappy, unrelated logic how Chinese invested or America or how America invested in Japan. The question is, has American or Chinese investment been looted and burned in Nigeria or elsewhere as Igbo properties in the north?......, and the Americans or Chinese stubbornly go back to the same places to rebuild them just for the same arson to be repeated over and over? The answer is NO, because they are wise. Foolish isn't Igbo.
For the avoidance of doubt, nobody says Igbo should not invest outside Igboland such as in Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal or Ghana. We are only telling our people to learn from history and chiefly avoid northern nigeria and to an extent, western Nigeria.

I have seen our people in the north argue against igbo interest because they think they are northerners, simply because they were born there.if you check closely, that guy probably lives in Sokoto or katsina as one of those Igbos that speak hausa and would have gleefully sold out their kith & kin, but for their misfortune that the north bluntly refused to accept them. Even though they were born and bred there.

I typically view their opinions with massive spoons of salt.

My problem is really how his previous posts is at variance with his post I quoted...he also has a habit of posting high conspiracy theories against Igbo and some other inane stuffs too but fails to see how those his posts is at parallel with this his post

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2015
investnow2013:
And Now This......

Great shots!

Wow, where is this hotel in Nnewi?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2015
Spizzy giving us one of his latest song "Caro" @glo laffta n fest

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.