Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227278 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
investnow2013:
yes! It is the multi-billion Ozubulu-Atani Road,but now they have finished Ozubulu section of it with 3 Bridges!.
the road does not look finished in the pic though.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2014
Amaobia Awka.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
asha80:
the road does not look finished in the pic though.
yes!,but now Ozubulu section is complete!. I will try to get you the current picture as soon as possible!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
cjrane:

Abeg where is Freeglobe my social critic? I na afukwa ihe n'eme na Anambra? grin
Tabletman, i know you can reach him to come and comment here. We need his unique views on issues. grin

Let him remain wherever he is. He's stuck with his mentor, Chris Ngige nursing licking their wounds. Someone that was condemning both Obi and Obiano.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
Anambra-State is also rich in culture!. Marriage celemony in Adazi-Nnukwu, Anaocha lga.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
Schematics:
Osumenyi na small London.. cheesy
Schematics...fear Osumenyi people. Some of the richest Igbo men in Anambra are from Osumenyi. Real estate is their domain and hold the key to Abuja development! Nice pictures!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
God endowed Anambra-State with a lot of Beautiful Women!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2014
investnow2013:
Anambra is gradually improving, but more are expected from the govt!
keyword: gradually! And people like myluv1 will want us to believe obi did anything in his 8 years inglorious tenure. I saw a picture of the clueless obi taking a team of media to buy banana. lol.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2014
investnow2013:
333 Onitsha.
Thick forest of yesteryears, wow. Ndi Anambra na uno enu... shocked

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
Now that a Great Igbo Nationalist have finally emerge, Let us join Hands together to make Ala-Igbo the envy of Nation!. Obiano Chukwu ga agozi gi mgbe nile!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
Myluv1:

Thick forest of yesteryears, wow. Ndi Anambra na uno enu... shocked
udo dili ndi Omanbala nile!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2014
Osumenyi people are too much. Another good culture of Osumenyi people is that their big men have tarred all their internal roads.. cheesy

This particular guy below built his house and tarred a 4km road to his house, thereby benefiting all the homes along that stretch of road. The same way with other rich dudes..

Innovator90:

Schematics...fear Osumenyi people. Some of the richest Igbo men in Anambra are from Osumenyi. Real estate is their domain and hold the key to Abuja development! Nice pictures!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
As for Obiano, I wont lie, I'm impressed with the news coming from the state, especially the Awka development plan but I don't trust these news and their sources considering the propaganda of the previous administration, however I will be traveling to Anambra this December to see things for myself and I'll be posting pictures here; good or bad.

Udo!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2014
Schematics:
Some private investors in world class health facilities in Anambra. This particular one is at Ihiala.

Nice!!!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2014
kewes:
Odekpe
I just love Anambra high-rise buildings. I don't know of any state that has many high-rise residential buildings concentrated in a place like Anambra. They can look beautiful especially Onitsha which leads in the country in concentration of high-rise residential buildings. If Obiano will begin to implement modern roads and markings, street lights and closed drainage system; cover all those open-type medieval drainage, it will actually help to widen most of our narrow roads as seen mostly in Nnewi pics posted above. The government should just do their part with modern public infrastructure and leave development to individuals...they have the money and know what to do!

First pic...Odekpe
Second and third pics...Onitsha

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2014
@ Innovator90, O bu Nna gi muru gi!. Anambra People have the money!. What we need is a LEADER!. Obiano looks like one!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2014
FreeGlobe:

keyword: gradually! And people like myluv1 will want us to believe obi did anything in his 8 years inglorious tenure. I saw a picture of the clueless obi taking a team of media to buy banana. lol.

I'm sure you are not healed yet, don't worry another election is coming. Obi did 8 years of which you and your die-hard enemies of progress would not let him concentrate for good four years and counting. In your deluded mind, Obiano did every work he is taking accolades for in just 8 months and not Peter Obi that set the pace. Keep looking for what he did in 8 years till your bitterness buries you.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
Schematics:
Osumenyi people are too much. Another good culture of Osumenyi people is that their big men have tarred all their internal roads.. cheesy

This particular guy below built his house and tarred a 3km road to his house, thereby benefiting all the homes along that stretch of road. The same way with other rich dudes..

Have you been to Awka-Etiti? Mehn, the town make sense die. I envied the day I visited years back.. Who knows how the community looks like presently. Will take another trip when I'm in town.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
FreeGlobe:
As for Obiano, I wont lie, I'm impressed with the news coming from the state, especially the Awka development plan but I don't trust these news and their sources considering the propaganda of the previous administration, however I will be traveling to Anambra this December to see things for myself and I'll be posting pictures here; good or bad.

Udo!

Freeglobe Nwannaa, good to hear from you!!!
Bros, i won't trust your pickshures o! As long as Tunde Ngige isn't the governor, i don't trust you to be objective. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You will find an obscure street with trash on it and snap it 15 times from different angles to give the impression that Anambra is full of trash. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
We sabi your tricks. Just as you almost fooled us that the Orizu roundabout, Nnewi was full of potholes, when it had been tarred grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Blatant asi ndi APC di fantastic! You guys will seriously say it is night time when it is a bright morning grin grin grin grin grin grin

BTW, did you become a hemaphrodite? How did you add (f) to your profile? Bia di anyi, stop dat kain joke o! grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by redsquare(m): 1:38am On Nov 30, 2014
cjrane:

I had observed a few months ago while driving on Onitsha-Owerri road that the area behind Rojenny Tourist village Oba, have been developing so fast!

I hope the state government will pay attention ion to this most important area to make sure it develops orderly as a midway extension of Onitsha and Nnewi.

It is extremely important that this midway zone develops with all modern amenities as an alternative site for businesses and industries looking to establish near Onitsha or Nnewi.

Truly, Oba is one of the fastest developing part of Anambra state presently. With the new international market that will kick off soon, and the state government plans to relocate a major market to the Oba site in a bid to decongest Onitsha. The areas around Rojenny have been bought up, streets charted, housing Estates with high-rise buildings springing up simultaneously in hundreds, the area will be one of the choicest areas in less than two years from now. Trust our people and houses. The state govt should ensure that the area is developed orderly and the master plan adhered to. Ife eji abu anambra erika. Umuigbo daalu nu na mbo unu na agba maka na odiro ofele. Governor Obiano Akpokuedike na Aguleri, Osebuluwa gozie yi na olu oma nine Ina alu ifu na Anambra na aga niru.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:45am On Nov 30, 2014
redsquare:

Truly, Oba is one of the fastest developing part of Anambra state presently. With the new international market that will kick off soon, and the state government plans to relocate a major market to the Oba site in a bid to decongest Onitsha. The areas around Rojenny have been bought up, streets charted, housing Estates with high-rise buildings springing up simultaneously in hundreds, the area will be one of the choicest areas in less than two years from now. Trust our people and houses. The state govt should ensure that the area is developed orderly and the master plan adhered to. Ife eji abu anambra erika. Umuigbo daalu nu na mbo unu na agba maka na odiro ofele. Governor Obiano Akpokuedike na Aguleri, Osebuluwa gozie yi na olu oma nine Ina alu ifu na Anambra na aga niru.

Ide nnaa,kedu ebe imanyee isi ?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by kewes: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2014
Odekpe

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by redsquare(m): 4:31am On Nov 30, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Ide nnaa,Kedu ebe imanyee isi ?

Odenigbo nwannem, onu na ekwulu Anambra na Nairaland, odogwu nwoke na Umuoji Igwulube Okodu, nwa Idemili ji eme ngala, nwannem anokwa mia oo. Kee ka eke si anya anwu?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 4:36am On Nov 30, 2014
Myluv1:
Agreed, many toes will be stepped on to get the development plan right, but it is a necessary evil. No one is guaranteeing it will go down smoothly, I doubt if it has ever been peacefully done anywhere. El Rufai pulled things down to get Abuja to its present status. Rivers state governor did same as well. So, I don't see why an error should not be rectified to get the city in good shape. Problems have always been with people not possessing necessary legal documents of their lands and properties so as to get compensated. Also not forgetting money-miss-roads that put up illegal structures, they will find it hard to be compensated and then resort to fighting dirty... but that shouldn't faze the govt. as long as it's determined.

I have no qualms in dualizing all the roads in old Awka and demolishing any structure within the right of way and dully paying compensation for the structures demolished.The question is at what cost? Where will the money come from?

Remember Awka, Nnewi and so on were people's hometown. People built in their ancestral land long before East central state talk more of Anambra state came into existence. So saying you will demolish structures without government approval and not paying enough compensation for the structure and the land is like going near a tanker full of fuel with a burning wood and saying you didn't know the flame will be so big.

El- rufai pulled down structures which were illegally erected outside the Abuja masterplan and he didn't have to pay any compensation because they were illegal and built after Abuja had become a federal capital. The analogy is different here. A better analogy will be the trouble that Governor Ibikunle Amosun went through to dualise a 3 KM road. People took him to court claiming their houses was worth N50 million even without cost of land, while N5 million was paid as compensation. About 200 houses were affected in that exercise and even at a conservative cost of N5 million naira for each demolished house and the land, it was easily a bill of N1 billion naira spent on compensation alone before talking about the actual construction cost for the road project.

The cost of paying adequate compensation for such a massive undertaking as rebuilding the old Awka will be beyond what a state like Anambra can afford.Instead of investing N1-3 billion per street project on compensation in old Awka, it can be used to build a 1,000 housing units Wuse II Abuja type housing estates in the new Awka city. Even Amaechi dualizing trans-Amadi and Old Aba road was a huge struggle in spite of all the wealth of Rivers state.In this case, he had no choice because there was no where else to build Port Harcourt, in Awka land behind UNIZIK and behind the state secretariat on the opposite side of the express is begging to be developed.

There is a bush town which became a state capital the same day as Awka in 1991. The wise planners of that state simply went to the land opposite the old town and started developing an Abuja -like modern city! Today, it is one of the amazing new cities in Nigeria because they were wise to invest all their money into construction of high quality projects than to be bugged down paying compensation for medieval structures in the old city.Only the transformation of Uyo is comparable to this city's transformation from what it used to be.
I will not mention the name of the city because our people in our self-styled ignorance believe we are wiser than everyone else.The video is just for you to see the physical developments (Roads,Housing estates, public buildings) not for the cultural or political things.I will want you to judge how far this city has come and see if there is anything we can learn from what they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obzoxo7xaeA&list=PLxHO6fvKZLbQ1G2eALrW0pA5KPc1ym3BN&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UNzyAHU4Y

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2014
FreeGlobe:

Udo!
WHAT PART OF ANAMBRA ARE YOU FROM?.....I HATE PEOPLE PRAISING THE GOVERNMENT FOR EVERY ACCIEVEMENT OR IMPROVEMENT IN ANAMBRA,IF NOT FOR OUR SPIRIT OF ENTREPRENUERSHIP AND SELF-RELIANCE,THE PICTURES OF HOUSES,HOTELS(INDIVIDUAL ESTABLISHMENTS) AND INDUSTRIES YOU GUYS ARE POSTING,WHAT'S THE GOVT INPUT IN ESTABLISHING THEM?WE SHOULD STOP GIVING CREDIT OR PRAISES TO THEM,IS THEIR OBLIGATION
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2014
Kingsley1000:
WHAT PART OF ANAMBRA ARE YOU FROM?.....I HATE PEOPLE PRAISING THE GOVERNMENT FOR EVERY ACCIEVEMENT OR IMPROVEMENT IN ANAMBRA,IF NOT FOR OUR SPIRIT OF ENTREPRENUERSHIP AND SELF-RELIANCE,THE PICTURES OF HOUSES,HOTELS(INDIVIDUAL ESTABLISHMENTS) AND INDUSTRIES YOU GUYS ARE POSTING,WHAT'S THE GOVT INPUT IN ESTABLISHING THEM?WE SHOULD STOP GIVING CREDIT OR PRAISES TO THEM,IS THEIR OBLIGATION
Thank you.
You get sense. I wonder if the government is the owner of those four storey buildings.

Anyway, nice pictures before someone will tag me an enemy of Anambra.

I just hate seeing those sand dunes in almost all our roads. The government should really do something about it.

I think they also need to look into all the roads that lead to Main market Onitsha. They are very very very bad....Sokoto road, Bida road(ebe akpuru onye army), Venn road, Niger street, Haruna street etc......especially that of sokoto road.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2014
This thread is all about the overall development in Anambra..from government to individuals to corporate organizations etc. We are celebrating any good thing from Anambra on this thread. Very soon I will post even my own mansion at Ngozika Estate Awka. No biggy.. cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2014
For those of them crying on where we are getting the money that is being used in building Awka into Dubai of Nigeria should not bother nor cry any further. Obiano is a technocrat, a former banker executive and a former auditor in Chevron. He knows his way round issues as this. That was why he charged the team not to be deterred in bringing the best, that they should not bother about the finances.

Already our IGR is making a major input in our budget. So a lot of money is being pulled from there for the infrastructural development. And it will continue to grow.

Anambra's development as a whole is on over-drive and nobody can stop it. We are happy to have a technocrat who thinks out of the box as our leader.

GOD Bless Omambala.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2014
I was pinned for more than 45mins ystday by masquarades at Ihiala, i couldnt escape from my hiding place bc they block the major roads, the pained me so much, dont know whether i was the target indirectly shaa.
Its like this Xmas could be the hottest in Anambra, not just individuals are preparing but the State Govt is even taking it to another level, they are repairing streetlights, planting christmas trees everywhere, decorating major spots in the state, walahi this Xmas will be hotter than fyer.

Why should mmanwu block my right of way, who should i sue now, if they disturb me too much i will go and join them for convenience, what do you think?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by osymerga(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2014
State Secretariat
St Mary Catholic Church, Nri
Culture showcase
EZE Nri and Uwazurike

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 8:27am On Nov 30, 2014
What you captured was the back, here is the front view..

osymerga:
State Secretariat

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2014
WHY IS LAND IN ANAMBRA SO EXHORBITANT,WE BOUGHT LAND AT MGBAKWU(600K PER PLOT).....THAT PLACE LAST 8YRS WAS AROUND (300K PER PLOT)WHAT'S THE REASON FOR THE RAPID HIKE OF PRICE OF LAND,IT KEEPS AUGMENTING,DESPITE THE LARGE VAST OF LAND IN THOSE PLACES,THIS'S THE REASON WHY PEOPLE FINDS IT VERY DIFFICULT TO DEVELOPE THEIR LAND AFTER PAYING HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY(INCLUDING,EWU ANI,YOUTH ESTORTION)ACQUIRING THAT LAND

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.