Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227714 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
Stop causing unnecessary confusion. You could make your comment without calling anybody or state out. Its okay..

Hiaaaa nekwanu Chino oooo?

Nice one.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
Stop causing unnecessary confusion. You could make your comment without calling anybody or state out. Its okay..

It been changed & your points noted Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
O mehn this is world class road. Choi..

This is what we mean when we say that Anambra has the best road network traversing not only the urban centers but all corners of the state.. cool

Anambra obodo oyibo.. cheesy
This is what you see all around the state, though those across don't know this.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
You are always in pains? Why is that? Did Obi sleep with you and dump you, assuming you are a woman? My friend get a life and take your nonsense elsewhere. You are really taking issues too personal and it can cause a damaging effect to your heart if you do not take time.

How can I be in pain over an issue that doesn't affect me personally. Just setting the record straight. The problem is for the obi supporters who take any obi criticism personal for reasons I may not know. And look who is trying to caution someone. lol

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

I like your challenge, I will dedicate my next week to flood this thread with Peter Obi's so called achievements in 8 years. including roads that lasted less than 5 months and substandard projects. lets see who will finally go and die. I still have the pictures. You don't know who your dealing with.
We should let this slide.

I love Ngige too but since he is no more and our current governor Obiano is working, I have no choice than to support him.

We all should support and pray for a better Anambra irrespective of who is governing.

Obiano is really really really working and whether we like it or not, he is a product of Peter Obi.

I actually learnt something from their governorship debate. I was among those who laughed at Obiano and called him clueless because Ngige was more composed than him during the debate. But fast forward to 8 months in power, he showed us that their is more to governing a state than speaking grammars that will make the audience cheer and clap for you.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:49am On Dec 13, 2014
I am not cautioning you because I do not feed you. I am only pointing out how you are going about this things personally. It can kill. This thread is for showcasing of the overall development and advancement of Anambra as the light of the entire black nations. Learn to divorce this thread from any personality be it Chino, Obi or Obiano. I hope to see you at OBU OFOR. Dalu.

FreeGlobe:

How can I be in pain over an issue that doesn't affect me personally. Just setting the record straight. The problem is for the obi supporters who take any obi criticism personal for reasons I may not know. And look who is trying to caution someone. lol

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
investnow2013:
It been changed & your points noted Thanks!
Muaaah nice one. If na Chino now him go begin .......

I no talk anything ooo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2014
^
I agree with you!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 9:53am On Dec 13, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

At least let them be sweeping it than leaving the sand dunes.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "atall atall..."
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2014
I wouldn't be derailing this thread if not for the likes of myluv1 and the odenigbo guy but I'm not gonna ruin the good thread because of them so I back down. Apologies!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2014
Dalu nwanne mu. Uga be anyi nwelu mmadu.. cool

FreeGlobe:
I wouldn't be derailing this thread if not for the likes of myluv1 and the odenigbo guy but I'm not gonna ruin the good thread because of them so I back down. Apologies!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
My friend stop saying what you do not know, though am not in support of the jab thrown by investnow2913. Anambra has some many dualized roads including this 10 lanes super highway below which is the biggest and best east of the Niger. That aside, the state equally has the best road network connecting all parts of the state.

One thing that is peculiar to Anambra is building every sector and regions of the state simultaneously. Take the ongoing mall construction for instance, If we are building a mall it must be built in all our major cities etc, the same applies to every other infrastructural development in the state. By so doing every part of the state will develop holistically without leaving any part behind. That is development in the real sense of it. I think that is a US model where every states of America is developed to almost equal status. Anambra is good for it because anybody can reside in any part of the state because there are infrastructures in every part.

[s][/s]
.the only state government dualised road is the arthur eze avenue the rest are federal government owned.onitsha nd nnewi have wat it takes to develope itself the rest need handout.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
You are not from Anambra so I do not expect you to know what you do not know. Okay do you know this road? I am coming with more.. cool

rafindo:
.the only state government dualised road is the arthur eze avenue the rest are federal government owned.onitsha nd nnewi have wat it takes to develope itself the rest need handout.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:00am On Dec 13, 2014
rafindo:
STFU if you have nothing to say, are you drunk already?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:
Don't back out, please I beg you
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 13, 2014
FreeGlobe:

you obi sycophants are desperate. lol. so you dig up some very old tweets from obiano probably during the elections to justify the laying foundation nonsense and you have the nerve to call me a fool. Why not give us a recent statement of Obiano acknowledgeding obi. You can deceive only yourselves

you are an id.iot for forcing me to quote you... Are u madt or something... Why must you allow envy, hatred, and jealousy becloud your senses. How can u say is an old tweet during election, when obiano is already the governor and has been titled Governor... Even at that tweet... Smh
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2014
Yeske2:
The guy is not from Anambra he is calling zik's avenue Auther Eze road.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2014
More on security...

Obiano Re-strategizes For Improved Security Operations; Names Obi's Deputy, Ex-Delta Police Boss As New Security Chiefs

Names zonal commanders
• Bans use of unregistered arms
• Stops indiscriminate public display of guns
• Warns against torture, extra-judicial killing, illegal detention

From Chuks Collins, Awka
Dec 11,2014

The Anambra State governor, Willie Obiano is poised to consolidate on the gains of the improved security situation that has immensely enhanced the investment portfolio of the State, as it re-strategizes for more breakthroughs with the formation of a new Vigilante Supervisory committee with specific operational guidelines under the watch of the Police command.
The new Vigilante security arrangement in the State which is aimed at giving bite to the police and vigilante operations, and for ease of effective neighborhood policing has led to the division of the operations into three zones under the committee members.

Anambra North Senatorial zone has Ikechukwu Ayo Aduba, a former Commissioner of Police as the new helmsman and Victor Okoye as assistant, Anambra Central district has Chikaodi Anarah as head and Osita Christopher as assistant, while Anambra South zone will operate under the watch of His Excellency, Emeka Sibeudu as leader, with Paul Obi Anasoh, Dr. J.A.T Okolo and Chima Umeoji in the team.

Coming on the heels of the new formation, the State Police Command and the new Vigilante Committee have held a joint meeting and resolved that all units that are not registered with the government or their town’s Central Vigilante Group will be demobilized just as harmonization of Police and Vigilante Joint Patrols will be carried out at the respective Area Command forthwith.

• It was also resolved that indiscriminate display of firearms by operatives at public places and events including burial ceremonies, weddings and launchings should stop henceforth, and no vigilante unit should act independently to avoid the wrath of the law, while all security operations must now be strictly a joint effort with the police.

• The joint meeting further resolved that welfare of operatives will be adequately taken care of, while polarization of vigilante units by individuals for selfish motives will not be tolerated, as unauthorized units will be promptly dissolved and disbanded.

• The meeting also declared the use of operational vehicles outside one’s jurisdiction or area of coverage as illegal and an offence, and in addition that the brandishing of unregistered arms is a capital offence which will be investigated by the police and punished where found culpable.

• The resolutions were endorsed by the Anambra State Commissioner of Police; Mr. Ikechukwu Ayo Aduba for north central, and the Chairman of State Vigilante Supervisory Committee respectively. They noted that the task of making Anambra State crime-free during the yuletide period and beyond is a civic and patriotic duty of all citizens, adding that it should be done with decorum.

In the same vein, Operational Guidelines have been set-out for the operations of vigilante groups in the state with sanctions for erring operators stipulated in a document.

• According to the set out rules, all patrol vehicles belonging to the State government should be parked at the nearest police Division or Area Command when not involved in official duties, as any such vehicle parked at beer parlours or other unbefitting places should be impounded by the police till further notice.

• “Any person wielding a gun while not dressed in appropriate gear or on mufti, will be arrested and taken to the nearest police station for investigation,” while “indiscriminate incident of robbery in the area of coverage of all units would warrant arrest of operatives till full investigation is concluded.”

• It is also an offence for any vigilante unit to visit other states for burials and operations, except when permitted by the Area Commander. Violation of this directive will be arrested and patrol vehicles and arms of the offending units impounded.

• “Any operative not with a registered unit and carrying an unregistered arm would be treated like a criminal till investigation is concluded,” just as “all acts of illegality like extortion, torture of people, extra-judicial killing, operation of cells for unlawful detention of people, political thuggery and collusion in dubious land deals by operatives shall be punishable by arrest, detention and prosecution.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2014
Schematics:
You are not from Anambra so I do not expect you to know what you do not know. Okay do you know this road? I am coming with more.. cool

The dualised roads I know in Awka completed and ongoing excluding the major high-way, zik's avenue-Agu Awka dualised road, Estar Obiakor's dualised road, Alex Ekwueme dualised, back of goverment house I don't know the name of the road, Nibo Awka dualised road near governor's lodge Amaobia Awka I hope got the spelling? And ongoing green wood city road.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
And the harmonization of our security apparatus continues.
I like Obiano's consistency.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Onitsha — Anambra is to be the first state in the South East Nigeria to use a hi-tech mapping technique with 10 centimetre resolution that is capable of aerial capturing of items as little as a big hand phone in the completed Master Plan for Awka Capital City, according to the chairman of the board of Awka Capital Development Authority, Mr. Chika Egwuatu.

Egwuatu leading other board members: Mr. Willie Okafor, secretary; Mr. Don Ifejika and Ezugo G.C, in continuation of his visit to leaders of communities within the Awka capital territory, recalled that Governor Willie Obiano on assumption of office in March 2014 promised to give the state a befitting Capital City, the result of which is the inauguration of the 10-member Board in May this year.

Egwuatu yesterday visited the Council chairman of Njikoka, Emeka Onuorah, and his Awka North counterpart, Sir Cosmas Okonkwo.

He noted that the Awka Capital Territory would in few years time begin to take shapes of good aspects of Dubai, Seoul and Kigali after which it is modeled and lamented that 23 years after creation there is no Master Plan to aid development.

According to him, good aspects of the Dubai, Smart City of Seoul and UN-Habitat Pilot Model City of Kigali, were the three models selected by ACDA out of ten models examined, asserting that those models were achieved because their leaders were visionary and had political will to follow up the conceptual project.

Presently, he said the state boasts of a Governor in Obiano who according to him, has a vision and political will to give the State a befitting State Capital of international repute in line with his inaugural speech.

Dwelling more on Dubai, Egwuatu noted that Obiano had a fancy for the Dubai Model City after the heart of most Nigerian tourists and businessmen, stressing that "a street in Dubai had only three high-rise buildings in 1990, but by 2013, some 23 years after, the same street is dotted by scores of magnificent high-rise buildings.

Egwuatu who is a Fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) pointed out that ACDA has taken control of the pathetic situation, by developing a 204-page Development Control Manual which he said is like the Bible of Development.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Energito: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
FKO81:

The dualised roads I know in Awka completed and ongoing excluding the major high-way, zik's avenue-Agu Awka dualised road, Estar Obiakor's dualised road, Alex Ekwueme dualised, back of goverment house I don't know the name of the road, umu-okpu Awka dualised road near governor's lodge Amaobia Awka I hope got the spelling? And ongoing green wood city road.
umu okpu awka dont have dualised road but was expand,governors lodge amaobia is not a complete dualised road.zik avenue and agu awka is the same road.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ilovenigeria(f): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
Myluv1:

Don't back out, please I beg you
Stop jooor
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
back to my state again cheesy cheesy cheesy
omanbala kwenu tongue
oman bala?
bala from oman lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by vanbonattel: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2014
Yeske2:

see as ya mouth dey smell hmmmmmm
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
Do not respond to that envious one that quoted you above. You are very correct with all you have said there. Again the ongoing Greenwood city will be the Silicon Valley of Nigeria when completed.

Anambra obodo oyibo.. cheesy

FKO81:

The dualised roads I know in Awka completed and ongoing excluding the major high-way, zik's avenue-Agu Awka dualised road, Estar Obiakor's dualised road, Alex Ekwueme dualised, back of goverment house I don't know the name of the road, umu-okpu Awka dualised road near governor's lodge Amaobia Awka I hope got the spelling? And ongoing green wood city road.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2014
This is gonna be bomb. Chika Egwuatu was actually the one that led the team that designed Abuja from inception. Already massive infrastructural development has hit the ground with flyovers/tunnels that will move us away from Nigeria's level of development so we can conveniently compete with Dubai, Seoul and Kigali. This is cool mehn.. cool

OdenigboAroli:

He noted that the Awka Capital Territory would in few years time begin to take shapes of good aspects of Dubai, Seoul and Kigali after which it is modeled.

According to him, good aspects of the Dubai, Smart City of Seoul and UN-Habitat Pilot Model City of Kigali, were the three models selected by ACDA out of ten models examined, asserting that those models were achieved because their leaders were visionary and had political will to follow up the conceptual project.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
FKO81:

Umuokpu don't have dualize road.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
Whether or not, it does not matter. What is important is that he saw dualized road there in the hood he visited. Probably because he does not know Awka too well, maybe he mistook the neighborhood for another. Let us move to the next discussion.

tabletman1:
Umuokpu don't have dualize road.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
There is a Judas among us,he thinks he is clever but I think he is stupid. There are people here criticizing every thing in Anambra while they go to other state's thread to praise them,yet they claim to be from Anambra. And I am not talking about the guy that claims he is from Uga. This particular person has planted himself here and continue to run down every ongoing work in Anambra. He once said Obiano is slow and Obi is a failure! Goats in sheep clothing ; They are not from Anambra but I cant fathom why they remain here crying more than the bereaved. Every single picture he has posted here speaks volume of his intention. IGBOSON was like that until overpowered him and chased him out for good. Anybody who doesn't acknowledge the progress Anambra has made nor proffers solution but continue to run our state down with their guile will soon be exposed! If you have nothing good to contribute here I advice you to keep to the stands.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nwanne, there is no time for this, afterwards we are not the same people with them. Let us be focused. Dalu..

OdenigboAroli:
There is a Judas among us,he thinks he is clever but I think he is stupid. There are people here criticizing every thing in Anambra while they go to other state's thread to praise them,yet they claim to be from Anambra. And I am not talking about the guy that claims he is from Uga. This particular person has planted himself here and continue to run down every ongoing work in Anambra. He once said Obiano is slow and Obi is a failure! Goats in sheep clothing ; They are not from Anambra but I cant fathom why they remain here crying more than the bereaved. Every single picture he has posted here speaks volume of his intention. IGBOSON was like that until overpowered him and chased him out for good. Anybody who doesn't acknowledge the progress Anambra has made nor proffers solution but continue to run our state down with their guile will soon be exposed! If you have nothing good to contribute here I advice you to keep to the stands.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
Update: Awka flyovers/tunnels..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.