Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45818 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by MrKodak(m): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2014
I 've read very funny comments here. People claiming they bought a tablet & suddenly discovered how useless it was 're just plain silly. Before u buy a product in this jet age, there is something called 'specification'. You check it to be sure it meets 'ur requirements. Moreover, which right thinking being would go trying to replace a phone with a tablet? The people creating these products know people to be different that is why there 're phones with keypads, touch screen phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops & hybrids to choose from. What may be useless to you might be important to another. Slating people for choosing products different from 'urs is just stupid. I know of a certain tablet called 'lenovo yoga', the battery life is insane(18hrs), it has a detachable keyboard & does basic WORD, ACCESS & EXCEL editing. Plus it costs just about 60k on konga. I will choose that tablet anyday over most laptops because I am not a programmer & that tablet meets my needs. I don't however go about telling people with laptops they made a wrong choice because I don't know what they use it for.

10 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Neduzze5(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for add..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

Please dear, which of the cubetalk did you get becausei intend getting one very soon. Thanks as you reply.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Rapaltar(m): 9:57am On Oct 03, 2014
I concur Op....

Most folks go in for it cus of the ''so-called-swaggz'' it commands..
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by twosquare(m): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2014
pro01:

Microsoft Surface tablet (Windows 8 ) is really good, and so is the Lenovo Thinkpad series. Some Dell and Asus tablets also run on Windows 8. .it all depends on your budget. If you can spare about N130-140k, I'll suggest either Microsoft Surface or Lenovo Thinkpad 2, although there are cheaper models that can do the job too.
alright,thanks

*Runs out of thread as I hear the money*
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 03, 2014
so i have an asus 10.1 inch transformer which i bought thinking it will help my productivity. It runs a full windows 8.1 and can run any windows software but it (10.1 inch) devices are so small and cramped up that u cnt achieve much productivity. Needless to say, I only bring it out when I want to consume media which is what tablets and all devices smaller than 13 inches are good for. Tablet =Toy
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by daverebranded(m): 10:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Awwal1st: @OP Na wetin you know say dem they use iPad or Android tablet, than to enter Facebook or Twitter, You sabi Root or Jailbreak, You sabi install custom ROM on it?
.. its not a waste of money so far you know how to use it to full extent not for end user like you...
what is this one saying
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2014
We in a country where err body want 2 fill among
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kinharold(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2014
MrKodak: I 've read very funny comments here. People claiming they bought a tablet & suddenly discovered how useless it was 're just plain silly. Before u buy a product in this jet age, there is something called 'specification'. You check it to be sure it meets 'ur requirements. Moreover, which right thinking being would go trying to replace a phone with a tablet? The people creating these products know people to be different that is why there 're phones with keypads, touch screen phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops & hybrids to choose from. What may be useless to you might be important to another. Slating people for choosing products different from 'urs is just stupid. I know of a certain tablet called 'lenovo yoga', the battery life is insane(18hrs), it has a detachable keyboard & does basic WORD, ACCESS & EXCEL editing. Plus it costs just about 60k on konga. I will choose that tablet anyday over most laptops because I am not a programmer & that tablet meets my needs. I don't however go about telling people with laptops they made a wrong choice because I don't know what they use it for.

Guy, you try. Well done.

Anybody buying anything including a Tablet PC without first knowing the need/use is not normal. Anybody buying a Tablet PC to replace a phone is grossly ignorant. and sorry to say, from the first and second paragraph, one can say that the OP belongs somewhere in the above categories. A Tablet is a different device from a phone or a Laptop.

A smart, 21st century professional of today will need: A smart phone in the pocket; A Tablet PC in the Briefcase and a Laptop on the Table. And each for different purposes. NEVER BUY A TABLET JUST FOR PHONE CALLS (Disgusting)

A few Uses of Tablet:
1. Public Speaking: Seminars, Preaching, Teaching etc. I speak at Youth Leadership Summits and my 9.7" Tablet is my greatest asset. A public speaker/preacher just holds it up and walks about conveniently on stage. U have a great deal of resources right there, that you can easily access even on stage.

2. Convenient Mobility: Conveniently make a video, document or picture presentation to your client just about anywhere, even unexpectedly. As a marketer, contractor or something, you just unexpectedly meets a prospect and you've got to show stuff, your Tablet is it. Prepare your work with your laptop and save on a Tablet to carry about.

3. From age 35 sight dims for most persons, they can't easily see/read very small letters eg Bible verses and other office or research materials. Tablet is it, especially as it is more handy and mobile than Lappy.

4. How about taking good pix, playing games and recording and watching video on the big screen right there out there.

With this few points of mine, I believe I have convinced the panel of Judges, my co-debaters and the audience that having a Tablet PC is different from having a Phone or a Laptop. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Aroniyo200(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Blackbeauty post=/post/26806891:
I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
I believe your tablet is not Galaxy note. I bought Samsung Galaxy note, 2014 edition. My bro, it has useful features that laptop and smartphones do not have. In particular, it aids writing fast, if you are somebody who writes for a living, and you can type fast on a laptop like me.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Sunshinelady(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
daveemuobo post=/post/26807706:
As You hinted, you have no business using a tablet @op.don't speak for others.
if you say such in my class/hospital, you'll be seen as those who bought because others did.
ur case is different. Medical students wuld probably need it to get a clearer view of body anatomy & oda videos for learnin. But d OP is talkin of d average person here. Not cases of special needs, like class tutorials
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by akinlolu264: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
I tink u shudnt speak 4 others,I have an ipad and its serving me well cos I can't be taking my laptop everywhere I go to.
Just saying,everyone has his/her own opinion
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tmanis(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
Sunshinelady: ur case is different. Medical students wuld probably need it to get a clearer view of body anatomy & oda videos for learnin. But d OP is talkin of d average person here. Not cases of special needs, like class tutorials
that's the point. the op did not get it for any particular reason, so it becomes waste of money to her..
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
zenith4biz:

Sorry to disturb you ow. Just to tell you that my Tecno P5 performs all the above functions

present seminars with your p5,you would just look like an unserious youth reading a text message alsothe screen is not big enough for my reading convenience.Anyway use whatever makes you happy cool

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
MrKodak: I 've read very funny comments here. People claiming they bought a tablet & suddenly discovered how useless it was 're just plain silly. Before u buy a product in this jet age, there is something called 'specification'. You check it to be sure it meets 'ur requirements. Moreover, which right thinking being would go trying to replace a phone with a tablet? The people creating these products know people to be different that is why there 're phones with keypads, touch screen phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops & hybrids to choose from. What may be useless to you might be important to another. Slating people for choosing products different from 'urs is just stupid. I know of a certain tablet called 'lenovo yoga', the battery life is insane(18hrs), it has a detachable keyboard & does basic WORD, ACCESS & EXCEL editing. Plus it costs just about 60k on konga. I will choose that tablet anyday over most laptops because I am not a programmer & that tablet meets my needs. I don't however go about telling people with laptops they made a wrong choice because I don't know what they use it for.
preach it bro kiss
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Tolubory(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
Its has so many advantages.
For example if you are a Disk Jockey ,You can download Turn Table Mixer and pluck it into your sound systems and you can mix a lot of good Jam and record it.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Jfrezzy(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
msmon:

Will u like to place ur tablet on sale?
lol am fine ,I need it when I get free internt 4rn govt office .
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by zenith4biz(m): 6:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
quinfayva:
present seminars with your p5,you would just look like an unserious youth reading a text message alsothe screen is not big enough for my reading convenience.Anyway use whatever makes you happy cool

You make sense on that, wanted to try it once but I realized that I would just look like a 19th century presenter

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by viruz007(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
[quote author=vfactor][/quote]

says who? undecided
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by viruz007(m): 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
bossmini84: OP very true I have a ipad and I regret eva buying it. Am still trying to jailbreak it to turn to a phone. The last time I did it failed in the process had to reinstall the software am about to try but fears if it fails I have to go to ios 8 cos u can only unbrick it with itunes. Chai ios its truly a walled garden.

Bros abeg come give me... grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by izriel(m): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
I wont be talking about tabs cause I dont like them. I would be talking about Ipads. There is no way you wanna use an Ipad to make phone calls. Thats not done. You cant tell me that device replaces a phone. Thats just being stupid. If you dont know how to use such devices, thats when you come here and tell us what you just wrote. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by eby001(m): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
it all depends on the purpose it serves. my friends still think it a waste of money for me buying an ipad5 until it was ceased from me on clinical posting.I taught the world has ended cause I can't read on a lower spec; even on my hd laptop nor 5inch phone. they strain my eyes.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by wizzyblast(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
ladyinred:
Sh*t!
*Falls down from the tree*

Lolz grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by wizzyblast(m): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2014

Give this guy a medal!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Kingsley121(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
jamillion: People seize to realize d fact that weda u buy ipad, tablet or iphone dey still use the same android OS its jst d app dat Maks d operation diff.......ie, jst try and compare iphone6 wit 6+, ipad 3 and 4, curve 4 and 4 etc.....wise up...
Apple devices do not run on android OS, they run on iOS
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Demichaels: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

e

eyaaaaaaaa. please I Am a professional waste collector. I can help show you where you can dispose it properly and keep Nigeria clean
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 04, 2014
JoeCutie: Pad? which kinda pad though?

Always ultra angry

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Danabu(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Secondes!
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by spiralwedge(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2014
Blackbeauty:

Sell your cube talk to me @ N15k... and I will believe you.

this is a serious offer, I will come to pick up myself.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by anath(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
May u don't know that student even need tablets than smart phones because tab can b read like textbook when reading soft copies. So is cost effective and is very mobile. In comparison with the laptop how can u read soft copy of laptop comfortably?. Guy they all hav their various purpose ok. So I disagree with ur
OP for real
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by TheAlchemist: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
olojuede01:
Because you dont use a tablet for anything beyond making calls does not mean it is useless. For instance my asus tablet does not include a sim. Only wifi... I use it majorly for reading and mobile work. Besides, its more handy than a laptop but with a bigger screen than most phones. It is also cool for watching movies and surfing the web.

yep i own an asus transformer netbook t100 simply amazing, when i want to feel like an ipad owner i simply undock the screen from the keyboard and it becomes a tablet, when i want to use it a netbook simply dock the screen to the keyboard... anybody wanting value for money should get this netbook.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by blackweaver(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
TheAlchemist:

yep i own an asus transformer netbook t100 simply amazing, when i want to feel like an ipad owner i simply undock the screen from the keyboard and it becomes a tablet, when i want to use it a netbook simply dock the screen to the keyboard... anybody wanting value for money should get this netbook.

how is the battery life like? If you can use it 12 hours continuously then you definitely don't need a tablet, that's the other advantage of tablets over traditional notebooks/netbooks - battery life
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Obascoetubi:

small screen tv vs large screen tv, which one u like?
hmmm...no doubt I'll go for big one

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / WhatsApp Down, People's Reactions Around The Globe(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.