Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:06 AM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45654 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

167 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by 2cato: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
Team china phone for life.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
Very true!! D 1 I gt on Monday is already actn up...av used 3 so far and d truth is there is nothing special..its jxt like a normal android smart device...d screen is d only difference

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by naughtylagosguy(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think tablets and smart phones serves almos the same purpose except for making phone calls. If you are not an upwardly mobile professional who doesn't want to carry his/her laptop about, I don't see the reason why you need a tablet but sadly in Nigeria it is seen as a status symbol. You see a young guy with a Blackberry, an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy. Whatever rocks one's boat though.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Samiceman: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
The feeling is mutual dear...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by QMark: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

naughtylagosguy:
I think tablets and smart phones serves almos the same purpose except for making phone calls. If you are not an upwardly mobile professional who doesn't want to carry his/her laptop about, I don't see the reason why you need a tablet but sadly in Nigeria it is seen as a status symbol. You see a young guy with a Blackberry, an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy. Whatever rocks one's boat though.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"

32 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by oathman(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
u speak my mind mehn
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ericgold(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kingzjay(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Issorite!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by MrKnowitall: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
2cato: Team china phone for life.

In another word: team broke azz nigga for life.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by GoodBoi1(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Good to get stuffs when you need it

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
That's the fact,the screen is just the major difference.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kekakuz(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
][/font][size=60pt]why you dey vex x2
is it your money x2[/size]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by korel9: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Who cares? angry

In another vein, OP go and watch the movie "Return of Shekau". undecided

In another another vein, why was the thread on the purported return of Shekau removed from front page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1929951/shekau-appears-alive-newly-released
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
Come again pls undecided
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by omicron(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Same feeling here! A smartphone and a laptop is all that one needs

17 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by msmon(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
K

Modified:

@OP, have u seen heard this before "Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t know." Perhaps, that's sums up your condition.

Off Topic:
Do anybody know why a topic disappear on a board? I posted a topic titled '15 Pets With Guinness World Record' on Pets board this morning around 7am but it disappear few minutes later, I made effort to mail the moderator but I didn't get any response. What could have happen?.

4 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Bugatie(m): 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Front page, Like seriously

@Op abeg who do this magic for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by daveemuobo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
As You hinted, you have no business using a tablet @op.don't speak for others.
if you say such in my class/hospital, you'll be seen as those who bought because others did.

9 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Penboy: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please, don't let my dad see this. I need a tab for school work.

21 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Harry4cas(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
I WILL COMMENT WHEN I EAT MY LUNCH.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by oathman(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
msmon: K
korel9: K
flexten: Chai
Samiceman: Tysa

see your life ..... Nairaland Oshi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by dosht(f): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Space bookers cool embarassedr embarassed tongue
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Opinion: This topic shouldn't be on front page cos it worth it
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Cliqloaded(m): 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
Team china phone for life. www.cliqloaded.com

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by roufy235(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Frenchkiss564: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wish you had posted this about three weeks ago, i just ordered a 10.1 inch tab

7 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by singletee(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by harrysterol(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
If u Buy a Tablet when u have a smart phone and a laptop is what I term misplaced priorities

19 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by mrlaw93(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
A tablet is like a tv in your pocket.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Space Booked.. I ll. Reply when I read. Your bullshit cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Subscribe To The Etisalat Blackberry Daily Plans / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.