Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45783 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ITbomb(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
Awwal1st:
Ask Google for it... You will see the meaning and what its use for....
I didn't see anything about it that can enhance my productivity so I thought you might tell me since it was only you that mentioned it as an advantage
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
OP very true I have a ipad and I regret eva buying it. Am still trying to jailbreak it to turn to a phone. The last time I did it failed in the process had to reinstall the software am about to try but fears if it fails I have to go to ios 8 cos u can only unbrick it with itunes. Chai ios its truly a walled garden.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by favouryemmy: 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
@op, Thank God it's just your opinion. I've been using my Samsung GT P3100 7.0 for close to 2 years and I use it several times daily. To me it's not a liability but an asset. The 10.1 would have been cumbersome for me hence, my opting for 7.0.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by tmanis(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't agree o... the people that really know the importance of tabs would do anything to have it... and a tab can't replace a mobile phone.. they have different functions.....

#thou shall not buy anything if you don't need it, coz its gonna be useless to you...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Samiceman: 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
ibrews: lmao...Nice one,dat is d best reply to give him....the dude no sabi English ni
lolz, thanks jare
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ekugbeh(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmm....leme consult ifa
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ekugbeh(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ah wnda ooo.... U beta kip it 2 ur sef na.. Abi u wan tel us say u get table...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Dayoara: 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
I have a 5.0 inch smartphone i do need a wider screen display for e-book and movies.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by donbenie(m): 7:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Same thought here,actually bought one early this year,used it for like 2 months and grew tired of the sight of the thing,ended up gifting it to the wife who turned it into a game console,must say she's having a blast with it though..which is more than i can say of my experience..
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2014
I don't buy because my friends are buying

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Obascoetubi: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
leave ppl to enjoy their tablets joor, they are rich? enough before they bought it. so, if u dont like tablets dont forced rich ppl to behav as poor. RICH IS FROM GOD

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2014
where is my comment
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by micolaj: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
China phone=small problem(mouthpiece dey quik spoil) Nokia=big prblem(batteri no 2 gud) Android=bigger prblem(data bundle no dey last) Iphone6=biggest prblem(e dey Bend) nd if your own no bend na fake RETURN IT NAO...#TEAMNOKIATORCHLIGHT

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by smudge2079(m): 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
smh @OP dont know what he or she is missing...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Obascoetubi: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
flexten: That's the fact,the screen is just the major difference.

small screen tv vs large screen tv, which one u like?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by specco(m): 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

This is just crap. You rushed out to buy an ipad after seeing some of your peeps/colleagues displaying theirs. You didn't have a particular need for it only that you must join the 'Jonesis'. It is infantile of you to have done so! Lesson learned, next time you should not acquire things just to belong or to oppress the have nots. Nevertheless , Ipad is cool if prior to purchasing one, you had a particular need/needs to meet. But in your case you had none and when the buzz dies off you lay it off. I bought my Ipad on purpose, I love Ipad wide screen, it squarely meets my need which an android phone can't. If you are dealing with graphs and histograms then you will get my drift. I even linked up my dstv account to the Ipad. The experience is awesome.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Aida13: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
This is the first time I'm reading this kind of thing. Obviously you don't have the right apps on you iPad and as such, you end up gathering dust with it.

The tablet, whether iPad or others can be very useful on the go, when you don't feel like rushing to your laptop or desktop to perform one task or the other. I for one have uses for my iPad that enhances my everyday living.

If I need to quickly append my signature to a doc/file and send it to the needed party via email, I just use an app on my iPad to sign and send, no more need to go scanning and faxing etc. I have apps for graphics and editing that prepare images for me, to use online on blogs or for fun stuff on photos. I can prepare whole documents of 10-50 pages on my iPad alone, so easy. In fact there are just too many utitlity apps that improve your day to day palaver. I'm not even into games, though I have so many. The only one I play is Candy Crush (mindless fun grin) and maybe Smash Hit. The rest are just there hardly getting face time.

A phone can never replace a tablet and vice versa. If the tab isn't useful to you, maybe you can sow it into someone's life, someone who canhave best use of it to its full potential smh
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Youngsage: 7:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: well,I bought mine to have the feel of it. and so far,its just an oversized smartphone..to effectively use it,u need a back up phone.there are times am cooking and I just want to place my phone in my pockets to listen to music...I can't because I ditched my phone for a tab..even phones set..I just discovered we a re all victims of smart producers..for instance,u use an android running on jellybean,once a device that runs on KitKat comes in u start craving it when the basic needs of every smartphone user is just gaming,reading,picture taking,surfing the net and playing music.in the end,I just wasted my hard earned money.. well,I will get a regular phone maybe a lumia and keep the tab home to be used for reading novels(which I do perfectly on my laptop). Again,I have to recover my money by using it some way!
I disagree with you... The mistake you made is that you failed to realise that tablets were never meant to replace mobile phones in the first place! They are meant for different purposes. That's why it seems like a waste of money to you. You shouldn't have generalized also, because those who got one because of the need know it really can be an indispensable gagdet.
E.g, reading books on a tablet is much more different and enjoyable than doing so on a 5" smartphone. Well, what suites one may not suit the other tho...
@ bolded good decision. You can also choose to sell it, or give it out... since from the look of things you won't have need of it outside of your home..

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by donbenie(m): 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
tmanis: I don't agree o... the people that really know the importance of tabs would do anything to have it... and a tab can't replace a mobile phone.. they have different functions.....

#thou shall not buy anything if you don't need it, coz its gonna be useless to you...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ifeanyi83(m): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
The Samsung tablet has been a fantastic gadget for me. I can sketch my ideas on the go as it saved me the stress of going about with a sketch pad all the time. It's simply amazing...my opinion....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by rukatech: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Buy a Phablet --- You get the features of both the phone and a tablet in a single device.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
@Op, have you by chance heard of the Microsoft Surface pro 3? google it and witness the next paradigm in mobile computing
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmm this thread is speaking to me. Recently I have been trying to convince myself on the inherent value in spending 100k on a samsung note 10.1 for school. I got infected with the idea after I saw a video of the note 10.1 being used to take notes with the s-pen and I tried it out in one of those samsung stores (seemed like the pen digitizer lagged alot though), I can just imagine how this tablet can be useful in class but I already have a high end smart phone and my laptop is an ultrabook with touch screen, the Ijebu in me and the big school expenses ahead will not let me spend any more money on yet another Gadget sad

Overall I do feel like a tablet will finally be useful to me sha, I just wish someone can be kind enough to gift it to me sad grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Emperorking20(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
kekakuz: ][/font][size=60pt]why you dey vex x2
is it your money x2[/size]
Typical Nigerian Low life... Smh undecided
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by zappyj(m): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"

Truth be told, I barely use my tablet too..when I dump it on my bed, my peeps keep asking why I bought it in the 1st place
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Niftyrules(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
msmon: K

Modified:

@OP, have u seen heard this before "Too many people buy things they don’t need with money they don’t have to impress people they don’t know." Perhaps, that's sums up your condition.

Off Topic:
Do anybody know why a topic disappear on a board? I posted a topic titled '15 Pets With Guinness World Record' on Pets board this morning around 7am but it disappear few minutes later, I made effort to mail the moderator but I didn't get any response. What could have happen?.

Do you say you made effort to mail the Moderator? Ahaah Nairaland no get moderator. I once mailed him too early this year but the guy no reply. I wonder Wetin hinder just dey do there.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Emperorking20(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lol! Imagine carrying your Samsung galaxy tab or iPad in Ekosodin, UNIBEN grin the real owners go collect am grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Atmmachine(m): 8:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
Some nairalanders needs to travel out of Nigeria.

My Ipad has a sim card & i make calls with it.
You bought the Ipad with only wifi connectivity.
If you want a tablet that makes call, go & buy Ipad wifi + 3g
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Lordaweezy: 8:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
FRONT PAGE please

Viewing this topic: yoddy(m), Modelling, amodaade, hayordele1, Metete60, DonJuan1(m), Bacelona(m), enemercy1(f), jeezym00re, Walecole74, TheBossXL, bgwin2016(m), ibnyakub, Sylvaxxl1(m), Wilfem(m), Farouksenior, twin7(m), waleakanfe(m), lilcutie8916(m), seyijobi(m), ceejay80s(m), baoku, semitunde, realtem(m), xeleb(m), ddeston(m), Canelle(f), Prinxx(m), baaliyah(m), aris2014(m), Dottune(m), grandstar(m), cashweather, Sirmee(m), ghostofsparta(m), princearthur(m), merbenko, cacmatters, yemitexcel(m), matzoro(m), eninaija(f), jaybim, lilsmart, pair36(m), timowale, sexywifey, umar745(m), Healthybiz(m), JonCina, saintisaac1(m), ruthobaz(f), lanotipo(m), Atesunate15(m), sexyedjutto(m), Revolution12(m), kikilove(f), killabeauti, Dreal1247, Tmex, yungchop, gidola(m), ukchy, Ejiekwu1(m), lafuria1(m), evesdon4u, Buchika(m), bossmini84(m), Segunj8(m), purplekayc(m), OkaiCorne(m), Niftyrules, Mirahcul, Atmmachine(m), Deheezy(m), Sunbellar, ILIDEFI(m), iamyet, todayguest(m), yungEX(m), weezii(m), jhydebaba(m), Perotti, jazinogold(m), Babalakin(m) and 67 guest(s)
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by 19naia(m): 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yes tablet is a waste if you have a modern advanced smart phone... All the smart phones are keeping up with tablets these days.. Even now the Iphone has as much memory available as the Ipad tablet... Before, only the tablet had up to 128gb memory but now the iphone has that available...

The only reason a tablet will be worth it is if you want the large screen but dont need a laptop... I have a tablet for the large screen and also because it was cheaper than the laptop... If i had the money to buy the lap top at the time, I would have bought the laptop and then a smart phone to go... Now i have only a cheap phone less than $50 and an expensive iPad tablet.... Eventually i will get the laptop and keep the tablet to sync with the laptop and as a remote control in some applications...

There are certain apps that can sync the phone, tablet and laptop in remote control function like in certain music production studio software.. Its a matter of expensive conveinience if one has the money...

Smart phones have what you need these days and so you just get a big smart phone if need and let all else go to a laptop which has more powerful processors and memory for more advanced apps than any phone or tablet.. If you have money to burn, get all three..
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Bode2: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: U actually picked the wrong person..if u had a little sense in that empty skull of yours...u would realize its my opinion.I didn't force u to open it and neither did I say u shouldnt buy a tablet..But again,what do I expect from low thinking,semi illiterate and unemployed sorry excuse for a human being?its a pity u cant read and comprehend simple English..please when u find an adult education school,forward your expenses to me.because u are really pathetic!
that's too harsh. You can still rebuke someone perceived to be your adversary without using those acidic and bitter words cos we are all emotional being and beside, there is nothing mature in what you've just posted even a JSS 1 girl can come up with those words of insult. Please stop being childish cos you should have learnt that not everyone will pitch the same tent with you when it comes to opinion and argument. You seem to be brilliant but please watch your attitude cos you might find yourself in a place where you have to deal with different clients or customers.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
In my opinion tablets are useless at their current state I bought an I pad cos I wanted a mobile computer wen am in the field cos am a construction project manger. Now the engr sends me drawing. How do I print without a laptop. U go to a bizness center and u ask do u have a wireless printer they say no. Maybe u are sent an autocad 2015 file and the biz center still uses autocaD 2009. Had to go back to my netbook. If I have money. Surface pro it is. My ipad is just for play. And I would prefer a badss powerful and portable lappy and phone to a tablet any day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.