Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45749 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by aholiab(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
functionality not Vanity should determine ones decisions. Just that alot Nigerians aint thinking.

C001A50C4 join this channel on bbm for thoughts shared on life and its vanities
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
my own probs is dis window 8 laptop i just got... it sucks my MB like a vampire.. 260mb finished before i finished preparing indomie cry....

5 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
If am ever going to buy a tab its going to be for gaming purpose.. Big screen + the battery
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by franklampard082(m): 4:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
The main issue with people is buying different devices that use the same platform.
Of course you android tab will give the same thing as your android phone. That's why I use and android phone (samsung galaxy s5), a blackberry Q10 and the apple iPad. I've never seen it as a waste cuz they serve me in different ways and what I can't get from one, the other can give me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ITbomb(m): 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
My 5' phone got a bit too small for browsing so I got me a 8' tablet for bigger display and it saved me from the inconvenience of plugging in a modem anytime I need a bigger screen to browse or read through my research work and the battery last longer while the fone is just for chats and some in-transit browsing

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Slickest(m): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

Well you are right to an extent, but @d same time you can't draw conclusionz
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by navistar(m): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hold on! When will Nigerian stop scrutinising their fellow country man on the choices he or she makes with his/her money? You can purchase a tablet to nt just to compensate for the shortcomings of a smart phone and a pc but for a variety of other reasons
1. Bigger screen estate which facilitate easier reading and better gaming experience amongst others *the bigger,the better*

2. It's fashionable! Yes!! It's a fashion accessory *sue me* the bigger the better.

3. It has features that smart phones and PC lack.. *google amazon tablet*

4. In the absence of a PC it helps to fill the gap

5. It's used by a certain niche of people *except the China ones*

6. Personal desire to own a bigger phone!! A phablet and tablet fulfils this.

7. It makes misguided people create hate topics on nairaland outta spite with nuances of ignorance.

On a closing note, if you so despise tablets! As ur less than intelligent topic and accompanying post claim. You can chose not to buy, ranting on a public forum just shows how unexposed, envious and impoverished you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Panshow(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just sold my tablet about 2 weeks ago. It's just completely useless. I mostly use my phone for stuff. It's been dusting for more than 2months.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by practicalclass: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
A phone serves a different purpose and a table or pad another. Though quite similar but also different.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
franklampard082: The main issue with people is buying different devices that use the same platform.
Of course you android tab will give the same thing as your android phone. That's why I use and android phone (samsung galaxy s5), a blackberry Q10 and the apple iPad. I've never seen it as a waste cuz they serve me in different ways and what I can't get from one, the other can give me
and how do u use all three?obviously there's a device u use more than the rest.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by aboyaji(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"
hahaha. This opinion of yours could make a gray hair turn white
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by cyzor(f): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
This has always been my opinion on the issue but my friends fail to see reasons. Glad someone is on ma side.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Skeelzz(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
grin same thing I was telling sm1 jst two daiz back,i see no need for dat when u already have a smart phone....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by timilehing(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
You need a personal vehicle to use a tablet otherwise, you'll not enjoy moving it around
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by shamsuRana(m): 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
i had never liked anything that is dependant on laptops and or desktops.If these devices were made with a least a USB port it would have made some sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Mcslize: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
OP I don't agree with your assertion. Ipad and Tablet PC have alot of importance. Unless you do not know what to do with it rather than play games and watch videos that is only when you can say Ipad and Tablets are not different from smart phones.

For those who know the value of Ipad and Tablet , they will tell you it means alot to them especially students. You need not buy all the textbooks when your ipad or Tablet can store all the soft copies of those Books for you and can read them anywhere you are; in the Bus, in your house , in the Canteen. It will make reading easy for you cuz at every moment you can turn on your Tablet and glance through a page.

For business persons, it serves alot of importance. You can save lots of your business files in your Ipad or Tablet and check your mails every time not to miss out any important mail sent to you as it is so portable to be carried about. I prefer the 7inches Ipad or Tablet if you are the type that do not like over size Tab.

In all and all OP your claim may not hold true for everyone if only you know the importance of Ipad or Tablet PC. It is not for fancy. They are meant to ease your work.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Jfrezzy(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lol the tablet is a waste of money,I got one and I never used it 4 two hours in nigeria,data plan is xpensive here,but android tablet is a waste of money,my advice if u need one get apple and nothing else.
But still on still all this device are not useful in this part of the world,we got shale lock network providers.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by dammytosh: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yes ooo

It is a waste of money if any of the following conditions apply :

1. You don't have money
2. It was not bought by your boy friend.
3. It is not a gift.

Nigerian ladies are very prudent with their money but they don't care if it is a guy's money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by xtervaganza(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
mrlaw93: A tablet is like a tv in your pocket.
tablet in pocket?

Do u even know what we are discussing here?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by olumzz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?
Oga Ade, u lack information...A tablet isn't a substitute for a phone, they serve different functions. So my dear, a tablet isn't a waste of money.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
navistar: Hold on! When will Nigerian stop scrutinising their fellow country man on the choices he or she makes with his/her money? You can purchase a tablet to nt just to compensate for the shortcomings of a smart phone and a pc but for a variety of other reasons
1. Bigger screen estate which facilitate easier reading and better gaming experience amongst others *the bigger,the better*

2. It's fashionable! Yes!! It's a fashion accessory *sue me* the bigger the better.

3. It has features that smart phones and PC lack.. *google amazon tablet*

4. In the absence of a PC it helps to fill the gap

5. It's used by a certain niche of people *except the China ones*

6. Personal desire to own a bigger phone!! A phablet and tablet fulfils this.

7. It makes misguided people create hate topics on nairaland outta spite with nuances of ignorance.

On a closing note, if you so despise tablets! As ur less than intelligent topic and accompanying post claim. You can chose not to buy, ranting on a public forum just shows how unexposed, envious and impoverished you are.
U actually picked the wrong person..if u had a little sense in that empty skull of yours...u would realize its my opinion.I didn't force u to open it and neither did I say u shouldnt buy a tablet..But again,what do I expect from low thinking,semi illiterate and unemployed sorry excuse for a human being?its a pity u cant read and comprehend simple English..please when u find an adult education school,forward your expenses to me.because u are really pathetic!

14 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by adamushaibu(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think it all has to do with ur kind of business

Like me I do a lot of picture presentation on construction site & that's the only time I use it.
& when I'm downloading my drawing from my email
Attachments to show on site or to clients

It's very important to me in that regard considering
D screen size,

but pls we should not insult each other because we have point to make, NL thx

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
If you must buy a tablet, buy one that runs on Windows OS. These Android tablets are pretty much entertainment devices that serve no useful purpose besides viewing pictures/videos, gaming, and surfing the Internet.

On the other hand, with a Windows tablet, you can enjoy (almost) the full functionality of a laptop and actually get work done. At least that's my experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Lexusgs430: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
A smartphone, phablet or tablet, all serve personal functions to its users.
Some things are better done a smaller screen sizes, while some are better on larger screens.
I own a phablet and tablet, they both serve me accordingly!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by darlingnuel(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
An MD preparing for business meetings and a local 'marketer' can never use a particular smartphone for the same purpose. Different uses for different folks, depending on ur responsibility and exposure! Some ppl do mind-blowing things with a regular android smartphone while the ones using sophisticated smart devices can't do sh*t with it aside chatting, calls, browsing! I do not agree with the poster's opinion, thus. You may Google the possible uses of smart Tabs to get enlightened

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Kingsimmer(m): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
seriously my techno h5 can perform all wat iPad can..moreover y sud I buy a bag for a mobile phone (iPad)
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by HARTZIV: 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
for a student tablets are very usefull i think because many university upload their scripts as pdf files on their homepage furthermore they can be used to watch movies while lying in bed grin

but personally i would prefere a windows tablet with the possibility to add a keyboard because they can be used as a tablet but also can be used as laptop
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ojobekehinde: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
bad belle,wetyn concern you with what I do with my money
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Rick9(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2014
Laptop PC is there Blackberry Torch is there weti I dey find Galaxy Tab or IPad for #Greediness
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Awwal1st(m): 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
@OP Na wetin you know say dem they use iPad or Android tablet, than to enter Facebook or Twitter, You sabi Root or Jailbreak, You sabi install custom ROM on it?
.. its not a waste of money so far you know how to use it to full extent not for end user like you...
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by texazzpete(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
When will these broke people realize that everyone should only speak for themselves?

Is a tablet useless for your needs? Good. No sense in insisting that it's a waste of money for everyone else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by naughtylagosguy(m): 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
My meaning of it fits into that sentence. Can you please tell me the meaning? We learn everyday and no knowledge is wasted.

QMark:
I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.