Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! (45781 Views)

Netflix Is A Waste Of Money? / Demerits Of Buying An Injoo Phone? / 8 Things To Check Out When Buying An Original Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by AdeniyiA(m): 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
truth be told, by purchasing some sophisticated phones,many are actually trying to belong or showing off...undecided
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kekakuz(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Emperorking20:
Typical Nigerian Low life... Smh undecided
yes master
typical high life.
high on bullshhit
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by 19naia(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
Atmmachine: Some nairalanders needs to travel out of Nigeria.

My Ipad has a sim card & i make calls with it.
You bought the Ipad with only wifi connectivity.
If you want a tablet that makes call, go & buy Ipad wifi + 3g

Wifi can make calls also with special apps and even through face book messenger free phone feature.. I use it all the time to call international with friends on face book..

But yes with 3G is more convenient because the wifi calls only possible in a wifi connection zone... I guess 3G is very wide coverage on the go... I dont spend time on the phone, like only 1 call a week or even less... So no problem and i keep a cheap basic phone when i need to receive or make calls....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by zenith4biz(m): 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
quinfayva: so not true, for a student it serves as an electronic library for all your textbooks you dont have to carry all your textbooks around.For those presenting seminars you save money and energy printing different materials for seminar praacticals,you just present with your pad.Bonus points your snap lecture notes from projectors (for those of us in ajebutter schools) ,you can also travel with it conveniently when travelling for short duration, ditching your heavy and space occupying laptop.The key point is don't buy gadgets because of hype but because you have need of it.plus playing games eg fruit ninja and temple run is sooooooo awesome on your pad lol just had to add that.

Sorry to disturb you ow. Just to tell you that my Tecno P5 performs all the above functions
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Atmmachine: Some nairalanders needs to travel out of Nigeria.

My Ipad has a sim card & i make calls with it.
You bought the Ipad with only wifi connectivity.
If you want a tablet that makes call, go & buy Ipad wifi + 3g

Trying to jailbreak mine abi how do u do it without jailbreaking
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by navistar(m): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
SeverusSnape: Oga sir, I like your post but you ruined it by insulting the OP. Why na?

embarassed was in a foul mood and I took it out on her, I apologise... misguided anger.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Kessleek(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamillion: People seize to realize d fact that weda u buy ipad, tablet or iphone dey still use the same android OS its jst d app dat Maks d operation diff.......ie, jst try and compare iphone6 wit 6+, ipad 3 and 4, curve 4 and 4 etc.....wise up...
firstly idevices do not run android os.
Secondly there are big differences between those devices you mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kekakuz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Masky2000:

Guy, be serious for once and make a meaningful contribution. And if you do not have any, you can at least read up some and learn-it will save you some good cash for a later day smiley
stop mentioning me in your "nonesensetical"post
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Atmmachine(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
bossmini84:

Trying to jailbreak mine abi how do u do it without jailbreaking

You bought yours from America ??
All you need to do is factory unlock it.
Go to Youtube & watch how to factory unlock Ipads.

I bought Locked Iphone 6 for 33 thousand naira while the unlocked is sold for almost 100 thousand naira, all i did was to factoy unlock my iphone 6, Now i use it in any country i will travel to
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Make I buy am first... Then I'd know if its a waste or not.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Sunbellar: 8:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
Reasons why my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 is preferred to my laptop are thus:
1. The battery of Samsung galaxy note lasts longer than laptop
2. The screen interface and resolution of Samsung galaxy is much better
3. Samsung galaxy browses faster than laptops
4. You don't need to buy a modem to use Samsung galaxy, just insert sim card
5. You can comfortably carry your note/tablet and enjoy internet services without recourse to any particular modem.
6. You don't need to punch buttons or become a typist to use your tablets, a screen touch does the job.
7. You can confidently write and make notes with Samsung galaxy 10. 1
8. You can use your Samsung galaxy note in the church to read Bible verses and jot down points.
9. You can still attach written notes to your email or print direct from the printer
10. You can snap sharp pictures to keep memories with your note/ tablet
11. You can still make calls with your Samsung galaxy note
12. I can check my office mail and other emails anywhere anytime
13. As you can see, my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 is my best friend

2 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by holdit: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:
True. My Ipad is as useless as the penis of a catholic priest.

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"

This got me laughing.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Mobsync(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
nairalife2013: k. Thx

You are welcome.
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nsonaso(m): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

[b]

Well miss.... I guess you don't know how to utilize it potentials

Tablet is the pure mobile version of PC (especially Android powered Tablet

As a Student: (though smart phones can still do this things but with Tablet Big screen it's an advantage)
1. You can use it to read books more conveniently than the way you do with your Laptop or Desktop PC
2. Tablet Book readers tends to support more Ebook format and features compare to PC book readers e.g Moon+ Reader can read your ebooks of any format while you do the listening.
Polaris Office can also read your word document while you do the listening (though I've not tried this on my PC but it's really handy on a Tab)
3. Tablet are more easier to carry around, maybe to surf the net, read books play music or watch videos than PC
5. Good Tablet Battery last longer than conventional laptops or Smartphone... Laptops last 4 to 6hrs (except MacBook and some ultra books which cost a fortune)
6. You can easily connect to the Internet with a Tablet than in PC
7. AND MANY MORE

And as a working class........ You have more
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by olempe(m): 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
MrKnowitall:

In another word: team broke azz nigga for life.
Wicked grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Zammydagreat(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Its useless, didn't use mine for like 8months...I had to sell it...use the money to buy a ps vita lol... Ion even regret it at all cheesy
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bode2: that's too harsh. You can still rebuke someone perceived to be your adversary without using those acidic and bitter words cos we are all emotional being and beside, there is nothing mature in what you've just posted even a JSS 1 girl can come up with those words of insult. Please stop being childish cos you should have learnt that not everyone will pitch the same tent with you when it comes to opinion and argument. You seem to be brilliant but please watch your attitude cos you might find yourself in a place where you have to deal with different clients or customers.
. well,I actually didn't mean to say all that..its just that it pisses me off to find people coming to a public forum and calling a poster names. I just gave him a taste of his own medicine.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nsonaso(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sunbellar: Reasons why my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 is preferred to my laptop are thus:
5. You can comfortably carry your note/tablet and enjoy internet services without recourse to any particular modem.
6. You don't need to punch buttons or become a typist to use your tablets, a screen touch does the job.
8. You can use your Samsung galaxy note in the church to read Bible verses and jot down points.
9. You can still attach written notes to your email or print direct from the printer
Well said bro.... Some people just buy gadgets to show off why some buy the same gadget to make better use of it.... Anyway am waiting patiently for Note 10.1 2015 edition
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nsonaso(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
zenith4biz:

Sorry to disturb you ow. Just to tell you that my Tecno P5 performs all the above functions

Bro but size matters..... You can't compare reading books on a 4 inch screen with 7.0 inches let alone 9.7 and 10.1 inches
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Bigsteveg(m): 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

It's 2 years old. I haven't powered it up to 10 times. My laptop serves my table needs, while my phone serves my mobile needs.

Lol @ joystick of a catholic preist, make Father Paul catch u grin
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by manutdadex(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mcslize: OP I don't agree with your assertion. Ipad and Tablet PC have alot of importance. Unless you do not know what to do with it rather than play games and watch videos that is only when you can say Ipad and Tablets are not different from smart phones.

For those who know the value of Ipad and Tablet , they will tell you it means alot to them especially students. You need not buy all the textbooks when your ipad or Tablet can store all the soft copies of those Books for you and can read them anywhere you are; in the Bus, in your house , in the Canteen. It will make reading easy for you cuz at every moment you can turn on your Tablet and glance through a page.

For business persons, it serves alot of importance. You can save lots of your business files in your Ipad or Tablet and check your mails every time not to miss out any important mail sent to you as it is so portable to be carried about. I prefer the 7inches Ipad or Tablet if you are the type that do not like over size Tab.

In all and all OP your claim may not hold true for everyone if only you know the importance of Ipad or Tablet PC. It is not for fancy. They are meant to ease your work.

and u can do all dis on any mobile phone even a java phone..(nt for u d quoted dude)y own a tablet, an ipad and anoda smart phone,its either u are stupid and u re trying to use d gadgets cover up on ur stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Sunbellar: Reasons why my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 is preferred to my laptop are thus:

Hmm sounds tempting sir, but it seems my 5" smart phone can do all these effortlessly as well, but with the added convenience of being able to slide it in my trouser or shirt pocket when I'm done with it. . . There's gotta be a more striking selling point to justify that 100k+ investment nau

3 Likes

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by lawrenceunaa: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerians hating on what they don't own since 1914 undecided
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: please can u enlighten me on how a bigger screen version of a smartphone is so amazing?because it doesn't do anything extraordinary that a phone or laptop can't do?

Blackbeauty....... The tablet is actually more sophisticated than the laptop and smartphone

It's more than a 100% faster ,smarter........
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2014
I thought i was the only one who thinks a tablet is a waste of money, you can carry it around like a smartphone and it doesn't have the same function with a laptop
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by killzone(m): 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
Seriously I don't knw what op is sayin hw ill u not need a tablet.then if we don't need y do samsung,apple nd other smartphone makers manufacture it.and u ar tellin me most of our smartphone can do what tablets do Op u must be joking have u heard of tegra 2 nd 3 processor have u seen it used in ani phone no its onli for tablet. There are other features go nd do ur research vewi well and still I don't knw the magic tha this tin reach front page.In other news windows 10 is out
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by ceo003: 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
Blackbeauty: I was actually thinking that when I get one I would be happy for it..I got the cubetalk tablet..truth be told..I miss having a mobile phone..The truth hit me hard after I got a tablet that I actually don't need one..Well,asides using it to read ,its virtually useless.

Firstly, its not sth I can carry about with ease.Asides the large screen size, it offers the same functions as a phone.Just my opinion tho..I think anyone is far better off with a normal 5 inch phone.In the end,u have to buy a smaller phone to use as a second device asides the tab which amounts to another waste of money.in the end..the tablet just sits there gathering dust once the initial buyer's high wears off.

My point is to ignore the hype and don’t buy one just “because everyone else is.” (This goes for any purchase.) Instead, make sure that it will really serve a function for you that your smartphone and laptop don’t. Otherwise, as magical as it may be, it’s just an expensive toy. To sum this whole thing up, I think tablets are a waste.

They fit right in between a full computer and a phone, and I do not see why we need another expensive piece of technology to bridge that gap. For some people, who do not need all the features that a laptop offers, I suppose it makes sense to buy a tablet. However, if you cannot live without your laptop, and you own a smartphone, I just do not see the reason to waste money buying an iPad or some other tablet.

How do you feel about the tablet revolution? can u honestly say you are fully utilizing your tablet? Do you think they are a waste of money?

u must be high . beta stop smoking whateva ur smoking.
angry
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Ninilowo(m): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ghen ghen.....
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by Chigorkizz(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
korel9: Who cares? angry

In another vein, OP go and watch the movie "Return of Shekau". undecided

In another another vein, why was the thread on the purported return of Shekau removed from front page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1929951/shekau-appears-alive-newly-released
Are you celebrating Shekau?
Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by yomanovic: 9:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=QMark]

I think you need to check the meaning of "upwardly mobile professional"[/quote

You don't have to be absurd just to make your opinion known. Your comment about catholic priest's joystick blasphemous. Try chose the right words in your communication.

1 Like

Re: Why Buying An Andriod Tablet Or An Ipad Is Just A Waste Of Money! by sway112: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2014
QMark:

Abeg wetin concern catholic priest And d uselessness of your gadget. Most you be vulgar to express your point... That's disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Use Glo Bis On Android Without Changing Imei / German Student Invents Phone Casing With Pops Out Legs / 6 Reasons Not To Use Your Phone In Bed At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.