Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

What Was Your Nickname As A Child? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was Your Nickname As A Child? (28174 Views)

My Father Used To Have A Nickname As A Youth / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child / What's Your Favourite Nickname For Your Mom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by ibinaborexy: 3:54am On Oct 03, 2014
;DAt age one they call me daddy
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Tolzeal(m): 3:54am On Oct 03, 2014
They CALL ME "OPOLO" ~ "THE BRAIN".....
Cos i sabi play football wella nobi for book oo.... wink wink grin

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by kikelomah(f): 3:55am On Oct 03, 2014
EGO meaning slimmest...dt name used to get me annoyed...

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by debosola(f): 3:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Mine was "Bosola konkolo"
English translation "tiny bosola"
Mehn! I was soo small ehn!

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by yemstok(m): 4:00am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called "little prof" cos I love reading my books almost everytime. When I return from school, I'd immediately grab my books and start reading/goin through what I was taught for the day. I'd ignore my food till I'm satisfied with studying.
I'm happy it paid off today.

7 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by cole265(m): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2014
They called me small fire. As they said I was very stubborn and get easily irritated.
So many are always so surprised to see that I have grown to become so gentle, caring and friendly unlike my irritable character as a child that gave me the nickname "small fire"

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 03, 2014
I have been called Junior since the day of my naming ceremony (at least that's what mum says). Am 28 and am still referred to as Junior (winks). Respect to all Juniors all over the world...

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by ichommy(m): 4:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Afin, Bonus, Kanu.
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by YoungWiseCash: 4:03am On Oct 03, 2014
ObinnaCocoa (Nwa Cocoa). it all happen wen I was in primary 3 I luv eat ripe cocoa fruits nd also hav a back head shape lik dat of cocoa. if u want 2 mak friend wit me just giv me one or two of it. I found it irritatin den bt it was fun nd help in my popularity thruout my primary nd sec. sessions. although my nikky has change bt my closest childhood friends still call me dat.
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 03, 2014
I was real skinny and frail, so they called me..........take a guess
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by cole265(m): 4:13am On Oct 03, 2014
In my first year in secondary school, I nick named my self "mad man jaguar," I lived to regret this through my secondary school life, because, people prefared to call me "mad man" for short. This use to annoy me a lot.
I later tried to change it to "active dodger" ...for were, people no gree o. na mad man stick till I finish secondary.

12 Likes

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by cole265(m): 4:15am On Oct 03, 2014
Ilekere: I was real skinny and frail, so they called me..........take a guess

Ifun. (intestine)?

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Ediss(m): 4:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Tata. cus am alway with mummy and you must pet me to do almost everything which includes eating
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by MadCow1: 4:17am On Oct 03, 2014
Nama...

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Psalmpy(m): 4:18am On Oct 03, 2014
i was called Oti then
becos i was very fat Nigeria condition has totally reduced my size and weight
my mom still calls me by d name tho.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 03, 2014
Dey nicknamed me escape wen I was in JSS becos I no dey fall 4 trap, I later discovered dat pple dat answered d name re bad guys & later changed 2 FABOLOUS
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by MissyDivah(f): 4:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Gina tongue
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by ONYEBALL: 4:22am On Oct 03, 2014
mine was onwuball
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Nobody: 4:25am On Oct 03, 2014
They call me FLEX
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Ademuyiwa59(m): 4:27am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called Tanwidin or Tanwijin (The small insect that lives and dances in water). I was sobriqueted this because of how small I was compared to my mates then. but tnk God, If u see me now u will hardly biliv me.

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by ONYEBALL: 4:32am On Oct 03, 2014
MissyDivah: Gina tongue
Sweet Jesus,baby on a serious note i will be most grateful if i have ur contact.wink
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by lekjons(m): 4:39am On Oct 03, 2014
"Aburo turkey!",back then, my mum used 2 sell fried turkey,my elder bro. was nicknamed "turkey"..nd me 'aburo turkey(turkey's younger bro.)'

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by iluvpomo(m): 4:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Pomo Master

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by darne(m): 4:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Alhj Dan as a kid cheesy

Biggie
Biggy banty
One90
Big Dan

From sec school till date Dan (darne) wink wink

Name too much abg cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Lekcy001(m): 4:49am On Oct 03, 2014
ARA (THUNDER)
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Smartjeezy(m): 4:49am On Oct 03, 2014
Ademuyiwa59: I was called Tanwidin or Tanwijin (The small insect that lives and dances in water). I was sobriqueted this because of how small I was compared to my mates then. but tnk God, If u see me now u will hardly biliv me.
Thanks to indomie noodles and some fertilizer added to your food by your parents because u don germinate well well now...

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Atmmachine(m): 4:50am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called "The destroyer".
I destroyed everything i came in contact with, i destroyed people's radio, T.v, video machine, bicycles

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 03, 2014
they call me okalamu cos at 5month old i started taking food and pap
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by Atmmachine(m): 4:51am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called "Onu pomo" because my mouth was like pomo

Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by abdulwastecx(m): 4:55am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called pof in secondary school because I answer questions alot in my secondary school
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by ritzflaky(f): 4:56am On Oct 03, 2014
I was called ego tamo bus and cry cry dunno what that means then during my primary sch days my friends call me rat chopper LOL was chewing gumn in the class and my teacher asked me to gum it at the back of my hair by the time I will remove the gum I had afro in the process that was hw I was called rat chopper till I graduated frm primary sch
Re: What Was Your Nickname As A Child? by tiarwale: 5:02am On Oct 03, 2014
eemalex: Eyin in Yoruba.....Meaning Teeth
or suarez grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

I Want To Buy This Washing Machine For My Wife / Zimbabwean Married Woman Elopes To Her Ex, Jilted Husband Fights To Have Her / How To Become Emotionally Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.