Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) (74280 Views)

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / "Pastor" Kisses Women's Derrière So They Can Find Husbands (viewer's discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Gloria3389(f): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2014
urhoboman: or take a spiritual bath in the Atlantic ocean.

On a serious note, it is not a must to marry, why cant these single ladies try to be successful and Live a beautiful life?
Our society is to be blame too.
I agree with u
it's not compulsory u marry if and Only if u can keep yourself...but it's also advisable to marry
1. to avoid fornication
2. for companionship
3.....I don't know..
now the question is how many can remain single and not fornicate(sleep around)??
#just my opinion#
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze: Na una sabi.

As for me, the only thing i desire in this life is to have a CHILD. A child to give all my love, to train, and to raise.

And, is only a child that will make me do anything desprate. because, a child is all i desire in this life.

Husband or no Husband, i dont give a damn.

And, am so glad that one can have a child without a husband.

Will your child be proud being somebody, without a father, brothers or sisters, or do you intend to have children from different men without making one a husband, do you have any idea what broken homes does to Children? Life is unpredictable and that child will definitely needs his father someday, not as a father but as a husband to you
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Gloria3389(f): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2014
donpeey22: Nigerian society also look down on eligible single men, why don't such men get so desperate like single ladies would?
cos ladies have limited time

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by cococandy(f): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2014
Eya. Such fallacy.
There are 102 males born for every 100 females.

the rest are speculations as the last census shows that there are approximately as much men as women and in some countires more men than women even.

The problem is the word 'eligibility'
When many women are hoping to marry a rich man they tend to overlook the single not so rich guys out there.

The women who don't see money as the first on the list of desirable traits will attest that there's no shortage of marriageable men

Again

Men generally do the proposing and since many men have commitment phobia... You know the rest.

donpeey22: The male chromosome (xy) has lower chances of survival than the female chromosome (xx), so the chances of a couple having more female babies are higher. More men are victims of war and other crises(e.g, boko haram et al) . Men are more involved in hazardous jobs, so they are more exposed to death by accident than women. Considering the above reasons, the poster that implied that the population of women is higher than that of men , is not far from the truth.

3 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Thanks. smiley

This is what I call objective.
hehe...first time you're agreeing with me, Dj roll out the drums plscheesy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by stjsd(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2014
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews: hehe...first time you're agreeing with me, Dj roll out the drums plscheesy

I used to agree very often with you a long time ago. wink
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Femiautos12: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2014
CUSTOM AUCTION MOTORS!!! We sell all kinds of tokunbo vehicles at a cheaper rate e.g Toyota Camry Pencil Light 2.2=#340,000, Toyota Sienna=#450,000,Nissan Murano=#600,000,
Nissan Pathfinder=#550,000,Toyota
Highlander=#750,000,Toyota Prado=#850,000,Toyota Rav4=#550,000,Camry 2007=#550,000,Toyota Yaris=#410,000,Toyota
Matrix=#300,000, Range Rover=#1.5m, Golf 4=#300,000, Toyota Avalon=#500,000, Toyota
Hiace Hummer Bus=#480,000, Toyota
Corolla=#400,000,toyota venza=# 800,000,Fomatic =#550,000,
Conpresor=#500,000,Golf4=# 250,000,
Golf3=#180,000,Golf2 =#130,000,Honda baby boy=#340,000. Bmw=#280,000,audiA6=#320,000,infinity=#450,000,infinity jeep
=#700,000, Eod=#450,000.
Call the CUSTOM MARKETING MANAGER
ON 08165080126 FOR MORE INFORMATION
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Gloria3389(f): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze: Na una sabi.

As for me, the only thing i desire in this life is to have a CHILD. A child to give all my love, to train, and to raise.

And, is only a child that will make me do anything desprate. because, a child is all i desire in this life.

Husband or no Husband, i dont give a damn.

And, am so glad that one can have a child without a husband.
so Sorry to ask u these...
are u from a broken home?
if NO...then you don't know the gravity of what u are saying.... the child will curse u later in future... no offence pls jes the truth.... from experience

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by ifekemmie(f): 8:32am On Oct 04, 2014
hmmmmm.....

Wat is hmmmm? All wat Op said wil surely boomerang for those dat does it , except going for deliverance if d lady has spiritual husband or else it wil also affect d husband financially. pray n fasting is not bad too in Godly way . For others, D end is shame, serious beating by d man, hatred n @ last divorce!
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: Eya. Such fallacy.
There are 102 males born for every 100 females.

the rest are speculations as the last census shows that there are approximately as much men as women and in some countires more men than women even.

The problem is the word 'eligibility'
When many women are hoping to marry a rich man they tend to overlook the single not so rich guys out there.

The women who don't see money as the first on the list of desirable traits will attest that there's no shortage of marriageable men

Again

Men generally do the proposing and since many men have commitment phobia... You know the rest.

my dear, u don't need to argue the fact that there are limited number of eligible or marriageable single men compared to marriageable single women because many things ought to tell u that without external words.

It has become a tradition for women never to marry guys they senior- I know u won't even date one talkless of marry.

Can u date a guy u gave say 5years? I am sure nope! But guys can date or marry a lady they gave even 10yrs or more- blame nature n society not men.

Men engage in violent acts that leads to sudden death than women- Boko Haram, ISIS, Al Shabab, drug peddling, robbery, cultism, crime fight, war, etc, etc.

Men engage in more deadly human endeavors which make many men of marriageable age to die before their time and thereby reducing the number of marriageable men.

In Nigeria for instance, so much pressure and forces are against the male child causing him early death or exposing him to premature death than his female siblings.

So many other reasons my dear...don't doubt it- we have more number of single ladies ripe and ready for marriage than marriageable single guys, and with the way things are going- crime and terrorism on the increase, the number of marrriageable men will drop not just in Nigeria but in the world as a whole; that's y we all need to pray for a global peace and unity.

3 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I used to agree very often with you a long time ago. wink

oh! Maybe the good old times are here againgrin dancing dorobucci without Tiwa's voice ocheesy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews: my dear, u don't need to argue the fact that there are limited number of eligible or marriageable single men compared to marriageable single women because many things ought to tell u that without external words.

It has become a tradition for women never to marry guys they senior- I know u won't even date one talkless of marry.

Can u date a guy u gave say 5years? I am sure nope! But guys can date or marry a lady they gave even 10yrs or more- blame nature n society not men.

Men engage in violent acts that leads to sudden death than women- Boko Haram, ISIS, Al Shabab, drug peddling, robbery, cultism, crime fight, war, etc, etc.

Men engage in more deadly human endeavors which make many men of marriageable age to die before their time and thereby reducing the number of marriageable men.

In Nigeria for instance, so much pressure and forces are against the male child causing him early death or exposing him to premature death than his female siblings.

So many other reasons my dear...don't doubt it- we have more number of single ladies ripe and ready for marriage than marriageable single guys, and with the way things are going- crime and terrorism on the increase, the number of marrriageable men will drop not just in Nigeria but in the world as a whole; that's y we all need to pray for a global peace and unity.

Age structure in Nigeria: male-female ratio 2014

0-14 years: 43.2% (male 39,151,304/female 37,353,737)
15-24 years: 19.3% (male 17,486,117/female 16,732,533) --> more males
25-54 years: 30.5% (male 27,697,644/female 26,285,816) --> more males
55-64 years: 3.9% (male 3,393,631/female 3,571,301)
65 years and over: 3.1% (male 2,621,845/female 2,861,826) (2014 est.)

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html

I have highlighted those age groups, in which individuals are most likely to get married.

It's time for polyandry, I guess. cheesy tongue

3 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 04, 2014
hoyinkansola: haba.. nigerians nd their perception sha

Oh yea? Tell me about it.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: Cosigned. Stamped and fingerprinted by me!

If a man isn't crazy about me,I can't be with him.
Worked for me all the time. All the time.

All the time?, like how many times?
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews: oh! Maybe the good old times are here againgrin dancing dorobucci without Tiwa's voice ocheesy

That would be nice. smiley smiley smiley

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by cococandy(f): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2014
See question grin
Toks2008:

All the time?, like how many times?
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Age structure in Nigeria: male-female ratio 2014

0-14 years: 43.2% (male 39,151,304/female 37,353,737)
15-24 years: 19.3% (male 17,486,117/female 16,732,533) --> more males
25-54 years: 30.5% (male 27,697,644/female 26,285,816) --> more males
55-64 years: 3.9% (male 3,393,631/female 3,571,301)
65 years and over: 3.1% (male 2,621,845/female 2,861,826) (2014 est.)

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html

I have highlighted those age groups, in which individuals are most likely to get married.

It's time for polyandry, I guess. cheesy tongue
those figures are so fake and incorrect dearcheesy imagine how many men of marriageable age that have been killed in the fight against Boko Haram- bothe the Boko boys, our gallant soldiers and the youth victims. I am sure that figure wasn't captured in that index.

Nigeria has no correct census. In fact, no one except God knows the actual population of Nigeria because I witnessed the last census and it was bullshit done just for political reasons- to gain more political wards, to get more government revenue allocations, etc so people were just fixing figures as they like.

So carefree, forget those figures as far as Nigeria is concerned, that's the truth, so no polyandry for youcheesy

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2014
Gloria3389:
I agree with u
it's not compulsory u marry if and Only if u can keep yourself...but it's also advisable to marry
1. to avoid fornication
2. for companionship
3.....I don't know..
now the question is how many can remain single and not fornicate(sleep around)??
#just my opinion#
A man or lady that has respect for his/her body shouldn't be sleeping around. Though am not encouraging the singles to live beautiful and forget getting married.
But for those that feel they are left out of the marriage thingy.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

That would be nice. smiley smiley smiley

that's not u na, or have u changed your sexcheesycheesy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews: that's not u na, or have u changed your sexcheesycheesy

No, it's you dancing. tongue
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by cococandy(f): 8:53am On Oct 04, 2014
Ike okwu adighi m today smiley

I haven't said all those things you listed don't happen.
I'm just saying that despite them,the population of men is not lower than that of women.
There's no shortage of men.
As evidenced by accessible records.

All women need to do is reassess what counts as eligibility to them. Simple.
DailyNews: my dear, u don't need to argue the fact that there are limited number of eligible or marriageable single men compared to marriageable single women because many things ought to tell u that without external words.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews: those figures are so fake and incorrect dearcheesy imagine how many men of marriageable age that have been killed in the fight against Boko Haram- bothe the Boko boys, our gallant soldiers and the youth victims. I am sure that figure wasn't captured in that index.

Nigeria has no correct census. In fact, no one except God knows the actual population of Nigeria because I witnessed the last census and it was bullshit done just for political reasons- to gain more political wards, to get more government revenue allocations, etc so people were just fixing figures as they like.

So carefree, forget those figures as far as Nigeria is concerned, that's the truth, so no polyandry for youcheesy

These are the numbers we have for now and I trust them more than your IMPRESSION. wink

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Kyase(m): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2014
oluwadanie1: *just passing by*
I don't have any business with this yet.
Am still 17

And u will remain 17... Alleluia
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by willorie(f): 8:57am On Oct 04, 2014
13)Becoming a worker in church! Rumour has it that men go to church to marry, the same
rumour also reveals that Greeters Ushers and Lead Soloists
have the best exposure. Praise the Lord!

JEEZ! cheesy cheesy
sheer delusional ladies would try those trashes
but earnestly, I cn't stop laughing
as for 5 & 6
dn't tink such work again
but it might on those weak ones (weak souls)

like Op mentioned
Be warned/Aware Guys!
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by cococandy(f): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2014
You would agree if it says women are higher in number. No be so?
What reason would the workers have for inflating male population figures?

The pressure on wives to give birth to sons so as to continue the heritage (whatever that means) and to avoid being replaced by a malechild-bearing second wife is enough to tell you that the rate of male child occurences in nigeria Is probably higher than the 102males per 100females that is the world standard.

DailyNews: those figures are so fake and incorrect dearcheesy imagine how many men of marriageable age that have been killed in the fight against Boko Haram- bothe the Boko boys, our gallant soldiers and the youth victims. I am sure that figure wasn't captured in that index.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend: My opinion though is that a lady is under pressure from within (herself) and without to settle down. For guys, people will be outspoken about it, and the guy still moves around town, clubbing with the boys on friday nights. For ladies, the pressure is unspoken. There is this uneasiness around the house towards a single lady of 35 plus. That one is even a bigger pressure. There is something about bearing a man's surname: the respect, the honour of a married woman, the protection, and all that. When a lady turns 35, she is already a prayer project by a concerned mother. Though I dont think life should be that way. Society and parents should free these ladies. My aunt is a production manager at NNPC regional depot at Benin city. She married at forty. And she is happy
today.
My own opinion is that single ladies should stop putting pressure on themselves and others about marriage, only to turn around and blame the society. Marriage is not a do or die affair as everybody must not marry. You must not have everything in life. So, if you can't find the kind of man you spent your youthful age searching for, don't start getting unnecessarily desperate when you clock 35. Be contented with your job, business or any other achievement you have been able to accomplish at that age. The truth is that most single ladies (apologies to the few who are single for no fault of theirs) are responsible for their singlehood because they made wrong choices and set so many unrealistic expectations for their desired men while still young. So, by the time they realize their mistakes at older ages, desperation sets in
and the whole blame game begins. My point is if people set their priorities right, they have higher
chances of achieving them and being happy, but
if the priorities are wrong, they will always fail and blame others for their failures.

3 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, it's you dancing. tongue
lol, I see
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by pansophist(m): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2014
If you think it's only Nigerian women that does it, then you're deceiving yourself.

Women from all walks of life does it, but in a different version.

there was even a documentary of Chinese women "renting" a man to take home and show to their parent as boyfriend/suitors, to ease the tension that will be mount on them if they are single. Link below

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2502492/Chinese-website-offers-men-hour-women-ashamed-single-status.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 04, 2014
pansophist:
If you think it's only Nigerian women that does it, then you're deceiving yourself.
Women from all walks of life does it, there was even a documentary of Chinese women "renting" a man to take home and show to their parent as boyfriend/suitors, to ease the tension that will be mount on them if they are single.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Chigorkizz(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2014
correct.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
You would agree if it says women are higher in number. No be so?
What reason would the workers have for inflating male population figures?

The pressure on wives to give birth to sons so as to continue the heritage (whatever that means) and to avoid being replaced by a malechild-bearing second wife is enough to tell you that the rate of male child occurences in nigeria Is probably higher than the 102males per 100females that is the world standard.

Okaysmiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.