Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) (74238 Views)

Ten Things Nigerian Neighbors Share Together / See What A Lady Posted About Husbands & Wife Battery: Women Do You Agree? / "Pastor" Kisses Women's Derrière So They Can Find Husbands (viewer's discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
@0p: most times,it's not about wanting a man desperately,it's about wanting that which that man can provide which they do not possess on their own eg money,self respect,children,companionship etc. If a lady has most or all of these as a single woman,the less desperate she becomes. That's why most well to do young women who unfortunately become widows don't see the need to remarry.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by holatin(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Let's set something straight, please.

What I think some ladies try to say is the following:
What do I need a BAD man for?
It's better to remain single.

Most people want a healthy, loving relationship BUT not everybody can have such.
It's a pity but not a reason to enter a marriage that resembles hell on earth.
what you think ma not what they say. d last time I checked d dictionary it means two different thing sweerie
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
holatin:

what you think ma not what they say. d last time I checked d dictionary it means two different thing sweerie

This is what I said.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend:
My opinion though is that a lady is under pressure from within (herself) and without to settle down. For guys, people will be outspoken about it, and the guy still moves around town, clubbing with the boys on friday nights. For ladies, the pressure is unspoken. There is this uneasiness around the house towards a single lady of 35 plus. That one is even a bigger pressure. There is something about bearing a man's surname: the respect, the honour of a married woman, the protection, and all that. When a lady turns 35, she is already a prayer project by a concerned mother. Though I dont think life should be that way. Society and parents should free these ladies. My aunt is a production manager at NNPC regional depot at Benin city. She married at forty. And she is happy today.
Beautiful!! It pays to be patient.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
DailyNews:
Op, foreign women do more than this. A foreign female friend just recently enrolled in a costly work out class just to lose weight in order to make her boyfriend propose to her- she confided in me.

Ask Australian, Malaysian, American, German, Swedish, etc women being scammed by Nigerian internet romance scammers why they lavish so much money on these unscrupulous Nigerian guys promising them marriage. CNN recently revealed in an exclusive news research that Nigerian internet scammers have defrauded foreign women over 50million US dollars in the name of romance and marriage. Foreign women spend millions on guys just to lure the guy into marrying them- some house small tramp boys, homeless guys, etc all in the name of finding a spouse, so its not just a Nigerian women thing but global issues- blame nature not our women.

So stop making it seem like it is Nigerian ladies alone that do these things to find a husband because your so-called white women mentors do worst just to get married; if u doubt me, make a thorough research.

In all, it is not a crime for a lady to try something new or shed some ugly weight, or spice up her dull life or let go of bad habits and character just to attract a potential spouse, by the way, we guys too do ours just to be attractive to women.

Or why do u think many Nigerian guys are out there doing all sorts of illegal businesses just to acquire money In case you don't know, most are hustling to become a financial powerhouse just so they could stand a greater chance of attracting the best and most beautiful women in town!

Most guys buy or change cars just to attract women too...some guys or men move into highbrow arears just to attract more refined ladies..some engage in intensive gyming just to acquire 6 abi 8 packscheesy, others read playboy magazine and the grey sheds just to learn how to blow the minds of women!

The only ones ladies should avoid are- using jazz (juju), using pregnancy to entrap a man, and maybe blackmail.

My opinionsmiley
Very true!

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by valdes00(m): 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
No 1 is exactly what my Gf does..... Til 2day, I only met 2 of her fwends.... She only tell me about dem n abt me to dem.... She said a friend of hers snatched her bf b4 so she's takin precations nw... Oga ooo
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Chinom(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Toks2008:

Something funny is goin on o.

My post was surppose to be for chinom but na joenice dey answer.

That's because you are Cross eyed grin You dey quote Joenice, but replying to me. You no wear your glasses ?.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by oluwadanie1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Vamoos from here small pikin

*Crying*
Runs out of thread
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
stinggy:
They can't get me undecided undecided
see you!!

I don get you already.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
swagloverss:

13)Becoming a worker in church!
Rumour has it that men go to church to marry, the same rumour also reveals that Greeters Ushers and Lead Soloists have the best exposure. Praise the Lord!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by raphy(m): 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
all this makes alot of sense.guys una don hear abi,i thank God that i hv never patroniz brothel and will never ever.am an orphan so i go easy with life
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Chinom:

That's because you are Cross eyed grin You dey quote Joenice, but replying to me. You no wear your glasses ?.
undecided
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze:
Na una sabi.

As for me, the only thing i desire in this life is to have a CHILD. A child to give all my love, to train, and to raise.

And, is only a child that will make me do anything desprate. because, a child is all i desire in this life.

Husband or no Husband, i dont give a damn.

And, am so glad that one can have a child without a husband.

Modified:
All those mentioning me, pls, its a free world. And, i have every right to make my choice.

You all should free me. Life is not about husband abeg.

@misogynist2014, i will slap the hell out of that your mouth. Its very clear you lack respect.
That my choice is diff from yours, does that mean you should call me a fool? Respect yourself.

Then (3) and (10) would suit you very well.

You have no problems. Marry a guy and let him go out and play after he has given you your child.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
Eligibility is subject to interpretation.
When women look at the real things that matter and not ONLY use money as measure of eligibility,they'll know that there are more than enough men to go round.

Goodnight smiley

In Nigeria, like what other measures do you want to use for eligibility?

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by fuckshit: 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze:
Na una sabi.

All those mentioning me, pls, its a free world. And, i have every right to make my choice.

FÜCK!! FÜCK!! FÜCKING good one, FÜCKING love this statement. you've gotten it, it's a FÜCKING free world & one has the FÜCKING right to make his or her FÜCKING choice grin grin
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
ifekemmie:
hmm, true talk but not all ladies does dat. Am exceptional, i do my things in Godly way.

So you mean you do (4), (13) and (15)? cheesy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Toks2008:
This is my candid advice for the young eoman out there who still probably have time talking about ladies of 25yrs or below.

I keep telling ladies and when i write things like this it seems im stupid or i too know.

Marrying a man is not about your feelings towards him but his feelings towards you and its not about six packs,tall height,cute looks or even the cheese in his pocket.

A lady needs a man that will truly cherish her and every other thing is secondary and if you think i am blabbing,go do your research and you will realize that no matter how you think you love a guy,if he treats you like serious shit,that love you have for him will fly through the window.

It really matters to like the man in your life i know but trust me,if that man treats you well and i mean like a real queen,i give you a short while and you will wake up one day to realize how deeply you have fallen for him too even if he is a short fat ugly guy..Please think deep before falling for that sweet tongue guy.

As a lady,you an an endangered specie in this cruel world of man and your love for a man is so insignificant if he does not love you and your strong desire for a guy who does not truly desire you is the greatest mistake you will ever make.

The most unfortunate twist to this is that most ladies know a ,man who truly loves and cherishes them but they are always like "Tunde loves me i know but i don't love him" and she ends up with a man that will treat her like plague so i keep wondering that if ladies will only go for a guy who truly cherishes them, we will have many ladies settling down fast and will also have a very very low rate of divorce.

Be with a man who have strong feelings for you and not the one you have strong feelings for.

I can't stress this enough.

So you are basically telling girls not to love a guy but they should just love the way the guy loves them? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by stinggy(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze:
see you!!

I don get you already.
Get fire cheesy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
missbronze:
Na una sabi.

As for me, the only thing i desire in this life is to have a CHILD. A child to give all my love, to train, and to raise.

And, is only a child that will make me do anything desprate. because, a child is all i desire in this life.

Husband or no Husband, i dont give a damn.

And, am so glad that one can have a child without a husband.

Modified:

You all should free me. Life is not about husband abeg.

@misogynist2014, i will slap the hell out of that your mouth. Its very clear you lack respect.
That my choice is diff from yours, does that mean you should call me a fool? Respect yourself.
It's your life dear. Take charge and own it. Love your spirit.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

So you are basically telling girls not to love a guy but they should just love the way the guy loves them? undecided

I expected it. grin

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by abuchisimon(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
I just look at it from a reverend's angle"our gals are clamouring for marriage when our men die away in prisons,accidents,drug abuse and what have u.2-economy is bad,no nigga wants to get married dz year and wants to be ejected from his flat the next year.3-our ladies wish and proclaim they need a gentle and loving rich guy and forgetting all destinies don't have the same outlines.my brethren its time we check up ourselves and not blame any f##kn stuff about any f##kn situation
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by raphy(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I expected it. grin
u make correct sense jare

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 11:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sagamite:

As far as i know,no guy will understand ehat i wrote except ladies and this is why i specifically directed it to the ladies.

See guy,there is always a tilt in the scale of affection between a man and woman.

It is rarely balanced and one must love more than the other and its better for the lady if the guy has a stronger desire.

This is my point.

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Sagamite(m): 12:01am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

As far as i know,no guy will understand ehat i wrote except ladies and this is why i specifically directed it to the ladies.

See guy,there is always a tilt in the scale of affection between a man and woman.

It is rarely balanced and one must love more than the other and its better for the lady if the guy has a stronger desire.

This is my point.

I am not blaming your point.

I just pity the men that fall for it or accept it.

If a woman is not crazy about me, she has no chance getting a biscuit, talkless of marriage.

4 Likes

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Toks2008(m): 12:11am On Oct 05, 2014
Sagamite:

I am not blaming your point.

I just pity the men that fall for it or accept it.

If a woman is not crazy about me, she has no chance getting a biscuit, talkless of marriage.

Its all twisted my guy. My point is that a lady should give a man the chance if he is strongly on to her. You are a man so u may not understand.

Obviously no man is expected to force it but if you truly love n desire that chic then she will desire u strngly. This is simple enough.

What i am saying is that ladies should love a man who truly wants them,is this hard to comprehend? Habba

1 Like

Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Solozzo(m): 6:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

Its all twisted my guy. My point is that a lady should give a man the chance if he is strongly on to her. You are a man so u may not understand.

Obviously no man is expected to force it but if you truly love n desire that chic then she will desire u strngly. This is simple enough.

What i am saying is that ladies should love a man who truly wants them,is this hard to comprehend? Habba

Good point! Yes the excessive choosy and rejecting attitude of many girls contribute a lot to their difficulties finding a mate in the future. They should also be age cautious. B/w 18 and 25 is best time to marry as pregnancies after age 35 are high risk pregnancies.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 05, 2014
There are many women in their late 30's and 40's who give birth- Many! . You people should stop spreading miserable lies. So many of you are just sadists that's why you'll prefer that a woman does all the things the op has mentioned than for her to explore other options and be happy. Sadist much!
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 05, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
I am a guy, is it a must that i have to marry and start bringing forth little ones... Well dia are orphanages around jare, na adoption sure pass....
Marriage no dey my dictionary at all, n i knw i av a female counterpart out there too.
Be careful what you wish for.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by warrior01: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

This is my point.
I read that your post and I must confess you are very right. From experience, the marriages last and always full of love and respect. Kudos guy
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Etetejake(m): 8:13am On Oct 05, 2014
donpeey22:
Nigerian society also look down on eligible single men, why don't such men get so desperate like single ladies would?

do u live under the rock or ar u a female trying to be a male?
single men are not desperate even when there are pressure to because they know they can get a wife any day the decides to marry. even at 99.
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by iamdotune(m): 8:47am On Oct 05, 2014
cococandy:
Eya. Such fallacy.
There are 102 males born for every 100 females.

the rest are speculations as the last census shows that there are approximately as much men as women and in some countires more men than women even.

The problem is the word 'eligibility'
When many women are hoping to marry a rich man they tend to overlook the single not so rich guys out there.

The women who don't see money as the first on the list of desirable traits will attest that there's no shortage of marriageable men

Again

Men generally do the proposing and since many men have commitment phobia... You know the rest.

you sure!! And before you see one girl for my area eh angry why them they hide for house na if them plenty like this undecided
Re: The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2014
Etetejake:

single men are not desperate even when there are pressure to because they know they can get a wife any day the decides to marry. even at 99.
Then single ladies should put the blame for their desperation on nature which made them to stop reproducing earlier than men, and not on the Nigerian society.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Stereotype About Only Sons / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.