Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:14 AM

Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! (39704 Views)

Fayose, APC Lawmakers Hold Closed-door Meeting In Akure / Buhari: Why My Meetings With Jonathan Last Less Than 15 Minutes / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by kahal29: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
Senate President David Mark and former governor of Lagos State and a National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, Senator Bola Tinubu, on Friday held separate closed-door meetings with the former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

The meetings were held at the former president’s Hilltop residence in Abeokuta.

Both Mark and Tinubu said the issues discussed bordered on politics and the state of the nation.

Tinubu came ahead of Mark.

Emerging from the venue of the meeting, Tinubu said he discussed with Obasanjo “some of his former boys” who would vie for various elective positions in the 2015 general elections, especially the Presidency.

He said, “We are here to pay homage to our former president and have a number of discussions with him because he has a lot of influence in the political sphere.

“As a good merger, we need to talk. Because the merger will serve various branches. It is a very big tree. So, we need to talk, to find out his thinking about Nigeria and the future.

“We need to seek his observation as some of his former boys are running for presidency in our party. What can he say about them?”

When pressed further, Tinubu refused to expatiate on the crucial meeting which lasted about two hours.

But he later said there was nothing worth celebrating about 54th independence anniversary, since thecountry remained “an invalid baby in the incubator.”

Mark, who arrived at the Hilltop residence at 2pm, left around 3.45pm.

He also described Obasanjo as the father of the nation with a wealth of experience.

The Senate President told journalists after the meeting that he had come with his team, which included the Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan; Peoples Democratic Party Women Leader, Mrs Josephine Anenih; and Senator Polycarp Nwite, among others to discuss with Obasanjo and raise some basic issues that affect both the PDP and the nation at large.

He said, “They are discussions that would move this nation forward, because his passion for this nation is unquantifiable. So we have really had a good discussion with him.”

www.punchng.com/news/mark-tinubu-hold-closed-door-meetings-with-obasanjo/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by mayorall(m): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Araba ni baba, eni aba laba ni baba

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Ooh yes We need Baba's wealth of experience

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by quinnboy: 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
so what are we saying ?

3 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by aljharem(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Obj better sticks with PDP unless he wants to go back to his vomit.

Anyway APC is full of disgruntled, pained politicians so I wouldn't be surprise if baba goes to apc

Baba ti O ma wo ara e si le, omo a rin fin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by oshyno(m): 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tinubu going to collect his money sharply b4 GEJ changes his mind.

Ribadu- the man that saw tomorrow.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by DonaldGenes(m): 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
It is like the meeting is about how to stop
Atiku According to what Tinunu said codedly " that some persons that transition from different parties and wants to contest for the post of President" -

Though I still find it quite amiable that Obj still hold some or even all the aces when it comes to Naija Politics.... "Old soldier never dye" so goes the saying.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tinubu to Obasanjo in 2011

"What integrity has Obasanjoin terms of his lagacies for Nigeria to speak on elections? Apart from his aborted third term ambition, he brought about and left a legacy of electoral corruption in the country.  What is Obasanjo talking about? He should go away and retire in shame politically. He should leave the political landscape of this country alone. He brought a whole salad of corruption manipulations and failure"

Fast forward 2014, Obasanjo has become the pillar of democracy in Nigeria. Gospel according to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and somebody on nairaland told me I should respect him. SMH

224 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by stevolinkon40: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
I no get mb..the page no gree load finish. Summary in two lines pls

2 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by aljharem(m): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
ovadoze: Tinubu to Obasanjo in 2011

"What integrity has Obasanjoin terms of his lagacies for Nigeria to speak on elections? Apart from his aborted third term ambition, he brought about and left a legacy of electoral corruption in the country.  What is Obasanjo talking about? He should go away and retire in shame politically. He should leave the political landscape of this country alone. He brought a whole salad of corruption manipulations and failure"

Fast forward 2014, Obasanjo has become the pillar of democracy in Nigeria. Gospel according to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and somebody on nairaland told me I should respect him. SMH

Hahahaha that is why I said obj might go back to his vomit

31 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by EdCure: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Time and circumstance change people. OBJ not excluded.

2 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by sirjohnson(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Obj, master of naija politics

6 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by DonaldGenes(m): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
stevolinkon40: I no get mb..the page no gree load finish. Summary in two lines pls
E mean say, the kind winch wet made this Jeep climb on top this wall miqht be zapping Yøur MB grin

7 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by ofala(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
That is the beauty of democracy... Despite OBJ & Asiwaju's differences while they were in government, they still can rub minds today...
Good one...

3 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by RockMaxi: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Is Obasanjo seeking for elective position--No.
Is Tinubu seeking for elective position--No
Is Mark defecting from PDP to APC--No
One thing that could warrant this Meeting, possibly trade by concession...grin grin
This three musketeers have done the needful allocation of elective offices.
I pity those that wants to die because of PDP or APC. grin grin grin
Above all I pity APC presidential candidates, a repeat of 2011 in the making. grin grin

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by anonimi: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
ovadoze: Tinubu to Obasanjo in 2011

We are being told to respect the Asiwaju of Area Boys because they think we are all clueless like they are shocked

31 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by jacabi(m): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
But den talk say dis man no relivant again.

3 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Jonathan is going

4 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by aljharem(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
ofala: That is the beauty of democracy... Despite OBJ & Asiwaju's differences while they were in government, they still can rub minds today...
Good one...

Rubbing minds on how to unseat Jonathan rather than moving this country forward

Smh this is no democracy but thiefocracy

18 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Greatchance: 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
jacabi: But den talk say dis man no relivant again.
u dey mind them. Even Jonathan no fit say that.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by philantoxx(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
so tinubu has sold his shares in APC...smh

5 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by johnmartus(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
hmmm this meeting worrisome
Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by johnmartus(m): 8:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
philantoxx: D.mark is like a snake.GEJ should b wary of him.
if indeed mark is a sneak like you claimed Jonathan would haven't stain in aso rock to this date

11 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by codedguy1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't know how healthy obasanjo and Buhari's relationship is, but I know obasanjo will not want Atiku to be president. I also don't think Tinubu will trust Atiku. Buhari will be irritated with Atiku now.

The convention where APC's presidential candidate will emerge will be quite interesting.

GEJ just dey laff. Obasanjo will rather have Jonathan there than Atiku who seem to be more audible in the APC presidential race than Buhari.

Mark is there to tell Obasanjo to support the lesser evil which is Jonathan.

Tinubu go just collect money and sell the APC presidential slot regardless of who becomes their presidential candidate.

All these are my personal permutations anyways.

85 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Lilimax(f): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
2015 loading seriously... undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
OBJ, I hail o! More powerful than the clueless one. GEJ, fidgety in some corner of a dusty aso rock room. But this politicians are unpredictable.

5 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by olayincar(m): 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
Just reading comment
Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by Johnnyessence(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
since 2012 obj doesn't support good luck Cos' he doesn't av respect to baba obj d corruption level in Gej govt.is so worst than yaradua government. I hope they talk to fayose d thuggery breeder in ekiti,I hope they support kwakwanso leadership in d center.

6 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by ntyce(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Obj holds the aces when it comes to leadership, even GEJ acknowledged.
The Mark delegation was sent by Ebele to appease baba.

Ebora Owu
Balogun of Owu Kingdom
Olori Oye of Egbaland
Matthew Okikiola Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo.

8 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by stevolinkon40: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
DonaldGenes:
E mean say, the kind winch wet made this Jeep climb on top this wall miqht be zapping Yøur MB grin
u don chop 1mb again cos of dis pix

2 Likes

Re: Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! by DonaldGenes(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
stevolinkon40: u don chop 1mb again cos of dis pix

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kalabari Kingdom Celebrates Bola Tinubu's Victory In Grand Style (Video) / Armed Robbers In Aso Rock, Gambari & Maikano’s Residences Invaded, Money Stolen / Why Tinubu’s Portrait Was Missing At Abia’s Banquet Hall – Alex Otti’s Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.