Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. (14556 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / My Husband Went Back To Nigeria Last Christmas To Wed A New Wife - UK Woman / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
And they can't cheats?

Lol, and polygamous men/women are not responsible adults?

So a man can't get infections outside when he's doing it with his mistress or lover girl and pass it to his one wife? or the wife can't cheats or develop the bacteria herself?

Monogamy is based on the premise that only TWO people are involved in it. If one of the partners cheats, then he is no longer monogamous.

sorry you still haven't make sense out of these.

ofcos it is not 100%.

At least it reduces many men into cheating.

First of all, polygamy begins with cheating.How else do you get a second wife?
Secondly, even if did reduce the number of cheating men, it would possibly increase the number of cheating women. Why can you have a woman in your bed 7 days a week but your wives have to sleep alone when you are with the other one?

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Shirley07: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
And they can't cheats?

So a man can't get infections outside when he's doing it with his mistress or lover girl and pass it to his one wife? or the wife can't cheats or develop the bacteria herself?

ofcos it is not 100%.

Epic fail!
Monogamy has more pros than polygamy whichever way you argue it.

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Shirley07: 6:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Monogamy is based on the premise that only TWO people are involved in it. If one of the partners cheats, then he is no longer monogamous.

Secondly, even if did reduce the number of cheating men, it would possibly increase the number of cheating women. Why can you have a woman in your bed 7 days a week but your wives have to sleep alone when you are with the other one?
This.

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
And they can't cheats?

ofcos it is not 100%.

Please try and calculate before making conclusions. Do you know what being monogamous and polygamous means? How does polygamy reduce cheating men? How? How does a man get a 2nd wife? isnt it by cheating on the 1st wife? If he wants a 3rd wife, isnt it by cheating with another woman? Do you know polygamous men with many wives still have concubines outside? Na wa for you o.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yes it is no longer monogamous.

But the wife in the monogamous marriage with a man that cheats still sees the union as a monogamous setting.

That's deceiving.

Not all begins with cheating, because religion like Judaism, Islam, Mormon etc frowns at adultery.

So in most cases the bringing in another wife is being discussed with the first wife after or before marriage.

Then you should tell that to the women that accept polygamy marriage proposal from the men. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Agrika: 7:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:
There is no big deal in getting a second wife.
I have two and still eyeing the third one.
She knew four years after our wedding (No registry - everything is purely traditional)) that I would get another woman.
She never believed it until she met her at a function wearing the same dress we put on.
You know having SW and SE women under a roof is not easy, but I am in full control.
She moved in a month after and she is there till date.
They are well educated and the third one that I am eyeing now just finished her MSc.

Someone is talking about juju, forget that thing, I get am pass some Babalawos sef. I have cash to throw around to renew and to get new juju.
Only a lazy man will be afraid of a woman just because she is diabolical.

Is your first wife from SW or SE
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Spot on.

Just imagine people struggling to have crumbles of bread when there are many loaves of bread outside. Thats just how a man and many wiives look. How efficient is he in satisfying his many wives? Such men love to brag about when in fact they are terrible. These women would probably be s*e*x starved as hell. So why bother when you can have it outside. Apart from the 1st wife, other wives come in for the financial benefit.

Yup! Marry chief for his money, as wife no 3, then get your groove on with the hot blooded young stud outside.

Diaris Godu o. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Please try and calculate before making conclusions. Do you know what being monogamous and polygamous means? How does polygamy reduce cheating men? How? How does a man get a 2nd wife? isnt it by cheating on the 1st wife? If he wants a 3rd wife, isnt it by cheating with another woman? Do you know polygamous men with many wives still have concubines outside? Na wa for you o.
Polygamous men marry them, monogamous men keep it secret by having mistresses, girl lover.

Many Polygamous men will make it known to their wives about bringing in another woman right from the beginning.

A monogamous man will never discuss these to his wife but keep cheating.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
ileobatojo:

Yup! Marry chief for his money, as wife no 3, then get your groove on with the hot blooded young stud outside.

Diaris Godu o. cheesy

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
Polygamous men marry them, monogamous keep it secret by having mistresses, girl lover.

Many Polygamous men will make it known to their wives about bringing in another woman right from the beginning.

And you think this makes us grateful now or what?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And you think this makes us grateful now or what?
Polygamous marriage involve women and women are the final say to it.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Saraha1(f): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
Passing
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
Polygamous marriage involve women and women are the final say to it.

Well, the two examples on this thread show something else.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
Polygamous men marry them, monogamous keep it secret by having mistresses, girl lover.

There is no difference between a Polygamous man and a 'monogamous' man who keeps concubines. Both sets of men attend to multiple women. Even if a 'monogamous' man hides his adulterous acts from his wife, he is still having dealings with multiple women and would always be financially responsible for the needs of his concubines. We are looking at the actions of both sets of men. they are the same. Ask an adulterous man why he is seeing other women apart from his wife, he will say he is 'Polygamous in nature'. BOTH SETS OF MEN ARE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF POLYGAMY. so such 'monogamous' men are only deceiving themselves. They are only practising polygamy in a modern way.

It seems you dnt know the meaning of adultery. Let me help you. Adultery means having dealings that you know you are supposed to have with your mate, whether emotional or physical, with a member of the opposite sex you are not married to. Even jesus said once you keep looking at a woman to have a passion for her, it is adultery in the heart. So Polygamy starts once you cheat on your 1st wife with another woman and you keep mistresses outside in order to have more wives. Once you are not faithful to your spouse, you are an adulterer. Polygamy is full blown adultery. Adultery does not reduce adultery. That does not make any sense.

It is not certain that most polygamous men let their 1st wives know. As you can see from a comment from a polygamous man in this thread, his wife never knew from the begining he was going to take another wife, not until after 4 years. he married another wife to get a child since they were childless. So its possible some 1st wives were never aware from the begining. If they were, perhaps they would never have agreed to marry in the 1st place.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

There is no difference between a Polygamous man and a 'monogamous' man who keeps concubines. Both sets of men attend to multiple women. Even if a 'monogamous' man hides his adulterous acts from his wife, he is still having dealings with multiple women and would always be financially responsible for the needs of his concubines. We are looking at the actions of both sets of men. they are the same. Ask an adulterous man why he is seeing other women apart from his wife, he will say he is 'Polygamous in nature'. BOTH SETS OF MEN ARE UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF POLYGAMY. so such 'monogamous' men are only deceiving themselves. They are only practising polygamy in a modern way.

It seems you dnt know the meaning of adultery. Let me help you. Adultery means having dealings that you know you are supposed to have with your mate, whether emotional or physical, with a member of the opposite sex you are not married to. Even jesus said once you keep looking at a woman to have a passion for her, it is adultery in the heart. So Polygamy starts once you cheat on your 1st wife with another woman and you keep mistresses outside in order to have more wives. Once you are not faithful to your spouse, you are an adulterer. Polygamy is full blown adultery. Adultery does not reduce adultery. That does not make any sense.

It is not certain that most polygamous men let their 1st wives know. As you can see from a comment from a polygamous man in this thread, his wife never knew from the begining he was going to take another wife, not until after 4 years. he married another wife to get a child since they were childless. So its possible some 1st wives were never aware from the begining. If they were, perhaps they would never have agreed to marry in the 1st place.

Sophy, dear, I have to disagree with you for once. wink
There is a difference between a polygamous and a supposedly "monogamous" man. The latter does not throw it at his wife's face. wink

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
It's part of the love they are sharing aftetall there is loff in sharing and to crown it all I can bet they are all using the same toilet where the infection can be strengthened well well, that is if they don't steal each other's pants grin gringrin
carefreewannabe:

Wrong.

Women can have v*aginal infections without having s*ex (e.g. fungal infections).
If one of the wives has it, all will get it.

Yuck! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:
It's part of the love they are sharing aftetall there is loff in sharing and to crown it all I can bet they are all using the same toilet where the infection can be strengthened well well, that is if they don't steal each other's pants grin gringrin

grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:

grin grin

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

There is a difference between a polygamous and a supposedly "monogamous" man. The latter does not throw it at his wife's face. wink

A man who defends his cheating towards you is rubbing it in your face. a man who believes he has to cheat simply because he feels he is polygamous in nature is rubbing it in ooo. Dnt you hear married women narrate their tales of hubbies insulting them even when they have been caught, demanding them to even apologise to them after been caught. My dear, an unrepentant cheat is already rubbing it in. There is no difference.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

A man who defends his cheating towards you is rubbing it in your face. a man who believes he has to cheat simply because he feels he is polygamous in nature is rubbing it in ooo. Dnt you hear married women narrate their tales of hubbies insulting them even when they have been caught, demanding them to even apologise to them after been caught. My dear, an unrepentant cheat is already rubbing it in. There is no difference.

At least they try to hide it. I am not saying it's right my dear. I just see a difference.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:

Ewwwwwwwww. Toilet infections gush. Enough sharing galore.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

At least they try to hide it. I am not saying it's right my dear. I just see a difference.

Trying to hide it is not the issue and not the most important factor here. what is most important is their attitude after they have been caught and what happens afterwards. It is the aftermath that determines if they are similar or not. ADULTERY IS ADULTERY JARE.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Trying to hide it is not the issue and not the most important factor here. what is most important is their attitude after they have been caught and what happens afterwards. It is the aftermath that determines if they are similar or not. ADULTERY IS ADULTERY JARE.

I am with you. wink
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks, carefree and Shirley seriously i don't know ehy y'all are blaming these men for polygamy. It's the women that carry 70% of the blame. Ok look at it this way

a man comes to meet you and you know very well he's married. In fact some will tell the women to come and be hid second wife with the excuse of his wife's inability to give birth after 10years of marriage or the wife hasn't been able to give him a male son and so he will dangle lexus jeep in your front that if you give him a child the jeep will be yours. In fact you don't have to work again. Just be doing the shopping and I will be paying the bills and then a lazy alapa masise woman will hear that and immediately will agree. In her mind she thinks he will stop there

unfortunately their stoopeedity didn't tell them that a man that marries 2nd wife will also marry 3rd 4th etc in his quest to find what is not lost as in the case of chief inalowo.if he finds problem in the 2nd he will marry 3rd if he also finds problem with the 3rd he will marry 4th till all of them destroys his life gradually and collectively grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
The point is if all the women can say no I can't marry a married man face ya wife, all this all men are polygamous bs will end but it's the women giving them justification to cheat, after all it's with another woman he's cheating with and she knows he's married but doesn't care

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Sophyrocks, carefree and Shirley seriously i don't know ehy y'all are blaming these men for polygamy. It's the women that carry 70% of the blame. Ok look at it this way

a man comes to meet you and you know very well he's married. In fact some will tell the women to come and be hid second wife with the excuse of his wife's inability to give birth after 10years of marriage or the wife hasn't been able to give him a male son and so he will dangle lexus jeep in your front that if you give him a child the jeep will be yours. In fact you don't have to work again. Just be doing the shopping and I will be paying the bills and then a lazy alapa masise woman will hear that and immediately will agree. In her mind she thinks he will stop there

unfortunately their stoopeedity didn't tell them that a man that marries 2nd wife will also marry 3rd 4th etc in his quest to find what is not lost as in the case of chief inalowo.if he finds problem in the 2nd he will marry 3rd if he also finds problem with the 3rd he will marry 4th till all of them destroys his life gradually and collectively grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahaha

The bolded cracked me up. you are right jare. If the women aint complaining, why should I? Let them ride on jare. The women are really stupid anyways. Bunch of women in the house fighting over a man who is just like crumbs of bread. Haahahahahahahaaha.

This just reminds me of a man i know with 3 wives. what amazes me about their family is that their children hardly feed well. All the time the kids after school would crowd a friend of mine when she is cooking. and the man of the house is always at home so i wonder what he does to cater for the family. The family be like 'every man for himself'. grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:
The point is if all the women can say no I can't marry a married man face ya wife, all this all men are polygamous bs will end but it's the women giving them justification to cheat, after all it's with another woman he's cheating with and she knows he's married but doesn't care

It's not going to happen as long as women depend on men. wink
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Yes, mono men are not different from poly men just that one marry multiple wives to avoid the word "adultery".

Many people believe what happen in poly marriages does not happen in mono marriages because a man is faithful to his one wife, sorry a lot happen in mono marriages as well poly.

Since polygamy involve marriage, where's the adultery there?

Like have said religion like Islam, Judaism, Mormon etc frowns at adultery, so in most cases the first wife will know about the bringing in another wife right from the beginning.

I didn't say all men discuss about the idea of polygamy marriage to their wives.

All I know is that most men from some particular religion background make it known to their wives.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:

Absolutely right.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Men are polygamous in nature just that some men prefer to stick to one wife for some reasons, beliefs. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
Men are polygamous in nature just that some men prefer to stick to one wife for some reasons, beliefs.

Women are also polygamous by nature. Just that most don'T show it. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? / Family Members Celebrate As Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years / My Uncle's Wife Younger Sister Is Acting Funny With Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.