Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. (14571 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / My Husband Went Back To Nigeria Last Christmas To Wed A New Wife - UK Woman / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
Sorry not all polygamy ends with infections.

How do you know this? are you in every polygamous home to know this?
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Dearie, take the words of people seriously. He is from a polygamous home and is also planning to be a polygamous man.

Well, as long as his wives know it right from the beginning and agree to it (but NOT bases on being desperate to have a man who takes care of them), I can live with it.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
My plan is to marry one wife, God will.

Just that the way people paint polygamy entirely bad and make monogamy as the only best form of marriage and even focus on men alone is what I'm concern of.

No, it's not entirely bad and monogamy is not entirely good. I agree with you on this. wink
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
SAMBARRY:
kanwulia almost says the same thing yet they keep calling her crazy or clownish not knowing she's saying the truth. Jeez I missed that woman. Ig she was here I would have been laughing so hard now grin

grin grin grin grin

People will always react when the truth is said.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

How do you know this? are you in every polygamous home to know this?
don't forget I'm from a "happy polygamous home".
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, it's not entirely bad and monogamy is not entirely good. I agree with you on this. wink
First time. weew.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Farouksenior:
Bin followin d arguement. Tintingz na fighter ooo. E no wan gree. Choi. Ladies kill m cheesy grin
We never even start. grin

1 woman = 99 problems +/-
2 women = 99 X 99 problemz +/-(recipe 4 dying yong) grin
Some men knows how to handle women. smiley

That's one of the reason polygamy still exist till date.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
don't forget I'm from a "happy polygamous home".

So why concentrate on just your home? thats not enough to jump into conclusions. children never ever get to know if stds are shared between parents. E concern them? who will tell them? Married women and men mostly visit hospitals to get treated once they find out. we get to know this from nurses/doctors who work in the hospitals. In some cases, some women do not know they have been infected until they see their hubbies take 'strange' drugs and then get themselves tested. some outrightly experience symptoms. For a survey to conclude that 80% of married men do not use protection shows there is a lot of sharing of stds on the 'Marriage Bed' how much more a polygamous marriage.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So why concentrate on just your home? thats not enough to jump into conclusions. children never ever get to know if stds are shared between parents. E concern them? who will tell them? Married women and men mostly visit hospitals to get treated once they find out. we get to know this from nurses/doctors who work in the hospitals. In some cases, some women do not know they have been infected until they see their hubbies take 'strange' drugs and then get themselves tested. some outrightly experience symptoms. For a survey to conclude that 80% of married men do not use protection shows there is a lot of sharing of stds on the 'Marriage Bed' how much more a polygamous marriage.
You getting it wrong here.

I didn't say poly men can't infect STDs.

Someone talked about the danger in polygamy(reference to fela infection) about being the good example of polygamy.

and i reply that not all polygamy ends with infections and to me he(fela) is not a good example of polygamy.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Sophyrocks:

grin grin grin grin

People will always react when the truth is said.
before nko grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2014
tintingz:
I'm not a big fan of fela.

All I know is that he's trying to look African.
is unclothedness and lewdness part of African culture? tongue grin

I thought the men are always advocating for women to cover up to make them look wifely even if the under has finally spoilt tongue grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 10:24am On Oct 05, 2014
SAMBARRY:
is unclothedness and lewdness part of African culture? tongue grin

I thought the men are always advocating for women to cover up to make them look wifely even if the under has finally spoilt tongue grin
African started with unclothedness and fela added his lewdness to it.

he's an artiste nao .
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2014
tintingz:
African started with unclothedness and fela added his lewdness to it.

he's an artiste nao .
so why do you people get angry when you see half naked ladies on the streets since Africa started out with unclothedness
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2014
SAMBARRY:
so why do you people get angry when you see half naked ladies on the streets since Africa started out with unclothedness
Things have change, our African mothers started dressing modesty at some point.

We now have enough clothing materials to make our clothes.

And in Nigeria where most people are religious.

...but in some part of Africa we can still find women exposing their br'east in festivals, when a king or prince want to pick a wife.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2014
D.Post
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Family Members Celebrate As Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 20 Years / My Uncle's Wife Younger Sister Is Acting Funny With Me! / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.