Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. (14534 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / My Husband Went Back To Nigeria Last Christmas To Wed A New Wife - UK Woman / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
greatgod2012:

True. Many of the wives actually pay them back in their own coin.

Hmm, that's another angle.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by greatgod2012(f): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
@chiefinalowo,
you even attested to the fact that you have money, juju, jazz, amunimuye, that tells a lot about your person and your marriage, if your story here is anything close to truth.

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
greatgod2012:

don't mind those unfaithful men, that is part of the thing they say to rope the innocent and faithful women, whereas, they knows within them that their wandering about is what led them choiceless of becoming polygamous. Well, personally, sha, any polygamous man was never faithful, it's cheating gone from bad to worse to worst to agidi.

grin grin grin

You notice that he was only concerned about himself and not the 1st wife. Polygamy is all about satisfying man only. Ask him the reason why he married 2 wives and wants to add another one, his answer will not pass to satisfy himself. the polygamy isnt even enough to satisfy him. Many polygamous men with many wives still have concubines outside and yet they come here to shout that they doing women a favour and polygamy will help to cure adultery when in the actual fact polygamy is full blown adultery. I laff.

5 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
ileobatojo:

Excellent!

Apart from those that have been brought up religiously to accept it, I see 2nd, 3rd, 4th wives etc as people without scruples. They probably have no qualms about getting it on the side from other men. Lawd knows the number of STD's recycled in these homes where man and women are all screwing around.

Spot on.

Just imagine people struggling to have crumbles of bread when there are many loaves of bread outside. Thats just how a man and many wiives look. How efficient is he in satisfying his many wives? Such men love to brag about when in fact they are terrible. These women would probably be s*e*x starved as hell. So why bother when you can have it outside. Apart from the 1st wife, other wives come in for the financial benefit.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So you were more concerned about preparing yourself but not with how your 1st wife felt or if she would approve at all. Lemme guess, she had no choice to put up with it because there is a child/children in the union, she was totally dependent on you financially and she never wanted a divorce. Therefore, you backstabbed/betrayed her. You knew she would never accept polygamy so you waited until after 4 years to let her know so that she would have no choice but to accept. Thats blackmail. Marriage based on blackmail. And i am sure you are seriously fantasizing about a peaceful home devoid of divisions, hatred and voodoo with the foundation youu have now set for your marriage.

No child between us.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
greatgod2012:
@chiefinalowo,
you even attested to the fact that you have money, juju, jazz, amunimuye, that tells a lot about your person and your marriage, if your story here is anything close to truth.

I am a traditionalist with a chieftaincy title.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

No child between us.

Oh i see. So it was because there was no child, you married the 2nd one right? Tell me, why are you thinking of marrying a 3rd one?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Oh i see. So it was because there was no child, you married the 2nd one right? Tell me, why are you thinking of marrying a 3rd one?
Yes.

The second wife is not giving the first peace and i think i need a third wife who will also raise another children.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Yes.

The second wife is not giving the first peace and i think i need a third wife who will also raise another children.

So you are hoping the 3rd wife will give your 1st and 2nd wife peace? And then you all will live happily ever after? Oh dear.

Your choice. SMH.

5 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So you are hoping the 3rd wife will give your 1st and 2nd wife peace? And then you all will live happily ever after? Oh dear.

Your choice. SMH.
You did not get it.
The second is using her children as a weapon to torment the first.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Your choice. SMH.
You did not get it.
The second is using her children as a weapon to torment the first. There are more to it but lets leave it here.
I just want some women to know that heaven will not fall should their husbands deviate.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

You did not get it.
The second is using her children as a weapon to torment the first.

But of course, she would torment the 1st wife. were you not prepared for that? Dnt you watch nollywood movies? Thats nollywood in your house right there. Seems you allowed them to stay under the same roof. Thats bound to happen. so as the man of the house, what do you plan to do to get rid of the torment your 1st wife goes through? A third wife will not solve it. Its just like adding pepper to an open wound.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Shirley07: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

You did not get it.
The second is using her children as a weapon to torment the first. There are more to it but lets leave it here.
I just want some women to know that heaven will not fall should their husbands deviate.
Heaven will not fall too should your wives deviate.
How are you even sure the kids are yours?

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Heaven will not fall too should your wives deviate.
How are you even sure the kids are yours?

I can't believe that an educated person can be asking this question.
Do you think a man like me will accept any kid without DNA?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

But of course, she would torment the 1st wife. were you not prepared for that? Dnt you watch nollywood movies? Thats nollywood in your house right there. Seems you allowed them to stay under the same roof. Thats bound to happen. so as the man of the house, what do you plan to do to get rid of the torment your 1st wife goes through? A third wife will not solve it. Its just like adding pepper to an open wound.

Lots of answers to your question but I have taken care of everything.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

So why do you men take it that the whole earth has fallen when wives deviate?

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Lots of answers to your question but I have taken care of everything.

How did you take care of everything?
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Shirley07: 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

I can't believe that an educated person can be asking this question.
Do you think a man like me will accept any kid without DNA?

A man that practise juju and stuff?
The fact you're so pained shows you haven't gone for any DNA test.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
Shirley07:

A man that practise juju and stuff?
The fact you're so pained shows you haven't gone for any DNA test.

lol
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sophyrocks:

How did you take care of everything?

I will answer you later, please. I need to attend to something.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Lol. . This topic brought my mind back to when I was serving, an hausa corper that wouldn't let me rest. He told me then he would give me the honour of being his first wife grin grin angry... women don suffer especially in northern Nigeria (No hard feelings)...

It's well
Women are the final say on polygamy.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:
There is no big deal in getting a second wife.
I have two and still eyeing the third one.
She knew four years after our wedding (No registry - everything is purely traditional)) that I would get another woman.
She never believed it until she met her at a function wearing the same dress we put on.
You know having SW and SE women under a roof is not easy, but I am in full control.
She moved in a month after and she is there till date.
They are well educated and the third one that I am eyeing now just finished her MSc.

Someone is talking about juju, forget that thing, I get am pass some Babalawos sef. I have cash to throw around to renew and to get new juju.
Only a lazy man will be afraid of a woman just because she is diabolical.

grin grin grin
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
beeevan:
Reaction depends on what point in life this happens. If gun is usually handy, 98% percent of men that will try this dies that day grin.
Na by force? just park out and move on. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

I will answer you later, please. I need to attend to something.
Thanks for your time.

O.k
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Not true.

Women in polygamous settings are more likely to contract STDs.

http://www.modernghana.com/news/252599/1/polygamy-is-major-cause-of-sexually-transmitted-di.html

http://www.eldis.org/id21ext/h6kh4g1.html
It only happens when they are adulterous. smiley
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
It only happens when they are adulterous. smiley

Wrong.

Women can have v*aginal infections without having s*ex (e.g. fungal infections).
If one of the wives has it, all will get it.

Yuck! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by EfemenaXY: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
sobmos:
I spoke to my mum,about the past,when my dad got a second wife,and she told me the feeling/feelings she had,when her husband(my dad),got another wife. To cut,the story short,she said she came back home from the market,only for another woman to open the door for her,when she demanded to know who she was,she calmly replied her that she's the new wife,my dad immediately came to the defense of the new wife(my step-mum),saying yes,it's true,that she's the new wife. My mum said,she felt like,a train just hit her. She had to continue the relationship,because of us(the children). The question to men is this,how do you tell your wife,that you want/gotten a new wife?. Women,what will be your reaction,if your husband tells you,he has gotten a new wife to be your junior wife?

This story is too simplistic to be taken seriously.

That aside, I don't get the all the ruckus about people who thrive on polygamy as a way of life / religion, suddenly asking those who thrive on monogamy what they think.

As long as the adults who decided to embark on their union / marriage knew fully well that polygamy was an option, then I honestly don't see what the problem it.

All these "what if"..."what will you do if"....questions sef.

smh!
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Wrong.

Women can have v*aginal infections without having s*ex (e.g. fungal infections).
If one of the wives has it, all will get it.

Yuck! lipsrsealed
and these can't happen in a monogamous home? undecided

adultery is still the high risk here.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
and these can't happen in a monogamous home? undecided

adultery is still the high risk here.

No, I can't get a va*ginal infection from another woman via my husband unless he cheats.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I can't get a va*ginal infection from another woman via my husband unless he cheats.
So what am I saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2014
tintingz:
So what am I saying? undecided

First of all, monogamy actually means that two people remain faithful.
Secondly, even if they don't, they (provided they are responsible adults) use condoms when sleeping with someone outside, which cannot be said of a polygamous husband who first sticks his d*ick in wife A to then stick it into wife B with all bacteria included.
Thirdly, polygamy does not prevent anyone from cheating.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by tintingz(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, monogamy actually means that two people remain faithful.
And they can't cheats?

Secondly, even if they don't, they (provided they are responsible adults) use condoms when sleeping with someone outside, which cannot be said of a polygamous husband who first sticks his d*ick in wife A to then stick it into wife B with all bacteria included.
Lol, and polygamous men/women are not responsible adults?

So a man can't get infections outside when he's doing it with his mistress or lover girl and pass it to his one wife? or the wife can't cheats or develop the bacteria herself?

sorry you still haven't make sense out of these.

Thirdly, polygamy does not prevent anyone from cheating.
ofcos it is not 100%.

At least it reduces many men into cheating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Funny Facts Of Life / Linda Hope Panelists Identify Sexual Assault, Deprivation, Others As Threats Fac / 6 Signs Your Child Is A Tech Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.