Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (32810 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Ipheyemmy01(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2014
This is Seriously serious
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by dein77(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2014
lonelydora:
Taught mine for few days, each day ending with SHOUTS and QUARRELS, before sending her to a driving school.

Always complaining that our Accord is oversize for her, that her father told her that VW beetle is the only car good for learning, Wtf? Should I buy one because u r learning?

She's doing well now but somehow scared of driving Aba Road(in Ph) alone.

Aba road is my wife's driving nightmare. Unfortunately it's one road a learner will learn very fast, cos it's rough and full of selfish drivers.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by dein77(m): 9:45am On Oct 07, 2014
I didn't send my wife to the driving; I trained her, but not without seasons of minor quarrels.
I took her to an open field where she had ample space for easy manoeuvres.
I trained her for months.
Till date I feel.uneasy whenever she's on the steering.
It wasn't easy training somewhere you are emotionally attached to.
It requires patience, tolerance and empathy.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by bebe2(f): 9:47am On Oct 07, 2014
Ohhhhh lord, grin grin

So glad its over.

D man nearly commit murder cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by elvis07: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2014
Its not an easy task incase anyone is planning on teaching his wife, at a point my wife had to abandone d car for me @ d middle of d road nd even said she was never gonna enter d car again but we still managed to pull through nd today she is a gud driver

10 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kmoneyman: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2014
I dread the day I will have to do that, cos back in d days as a gf I tried teaching her and she bashed the car into a pole and left me with a huge debt of buying a new bumper.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by austinbrown: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2014
I will marry a driver

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kmoneyman: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:
Ohhhhh lord, grin grin

So glad its over.

D man nearly commit murder cheesy
hahahaha grin I tot I was an impatient man
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by coolheed: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2014
yurme:
Lol we wey never get wife nko.................. grin

Go and get a wife, so that you can contribute on similar topics in the future.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 2scorehigh(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Hmm...buh wait o lemme jus ask o, seriously, why is it harder for women to learn driving? embarassed
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Oskilala: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2014
The vibrating legs, crossed hands on steering, keeping a straight face after been told something the third tym.....aaaah! Gosh i cant deal angry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by secretcode01: 9:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Lol... Lemme say my girlfriend sha. It's frustrating b'cos she's just too scared and couldn't control the wheel... In my mind I was like what's wrong with this dumb girl sef. B'cos if to say she's my younger sister now I could shout on her but in her case I couldn't shout I was just telling her soft words of encouragement and it's f*cking killing me inside.. Lol!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 07, 2014
soonest:
My hubby taught me how to drive. It was drama all the way. At a time I stumped out of the car and told him I wasn't interested again. Funny enough I had better confidence when he wasn't in the car. It's all in the past as I'm a seasoned driver now grin

Personally I think that in our situation my Wife is more stressed out because it was me doing the instructing. I think she would do better with an independent party.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by bebe2(f): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2014
kmoneyman:
hahahaha grin I tot I was an impatient man

And to think my hubby is the most pleasant man I know he will never shout at me no matter wat, but dat driving brought out the other side of him.

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

If u just hit dat car I go leave u here.

Sweeet heart use ur brain nahhh.

I jeje gather my £20 per hour go give driving instructor make see finish no go too much grin

79 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by vajose1: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2014
Its enjoyable and stressfree if she's trainable/teachable.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by etenyong(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2014
We left home happily to a school field to teach her how to drive on one saturday afternoon. But unfortunately after abt 45 mins i could not endure anymore. It's was so annoying dat she refuse to enter d car home instead took okada. However, dats is a story 2day cos she later went to diving school to learn. Its always funs each time we remember d experience. I must say here that its only 2% of couples can achieve that sucess.
Better let ur spouse go to professionals to give her d necessary training

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kmoneyman: 10:03am On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:

And to think my hubby is the most pleasant man I know he will never shout at me no matter wat, but dat driving brought out the other side if him.

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

I jeje gather my £20 per hour go give driving instructor make see finish no go too much grin

Dats the thing about teaching a spouse how to drive.I pray I have the patience dis time around since I will be doing it with automatic gear,then maybe manual after a year grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by boombay(m): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2014
I only taught her how to move a yatch when we went for our honeymoon in Dubai... she doesn't want to drive...
she be ajebutter... she has a phd holder as a driver

not my fault tho'undecided
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by prettiest1(f): 10:03am On Oct 07, 2014
So eager to learn but not married yet. My mr. Right, what are you still waiting for na?

4 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 234GT(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2014
In the early 90s, my dad taught my mum driving with the good old volkswagen beetle, and they would always end each session with quarrels.

Methinks learning to drive an auto should not be a problem sha!

Ladies don't wanna learn driving, but they enjoy being driven around lol!

6 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by jackymfon: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2014
My husband is one of the kindest and soft spoken people I know but teaching me how to drive brought out the animal in him, he shouted screamed and almost banged the steering wheel. Oh boy thank God it finally came to an end and I even drive him now.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 50calibre(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
I tried that nonsense once, it didn't work out well.

Out of my stup*idity, I tried teaching an ex girlfriend to drive, and she almost destroyed my clutch. At a point, it started emitting a a really nasty smell, that's when I said OK!! That's it.. Thank you, go enrol in a driving school, pay them to damage their cars.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kmoneyman: 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
2scorehigh:
Hmm...buh wait o lemme jus ask o, seriously, why is it harder for women to learn driving? embarassed
I really don't know undecided I think parents should make it part of learning process for their kids to learn how to drive when they come of age.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by ddippset(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
lwkmd. so funny. i had a young cousin of mine teach my wife for just 1 week. she was so confident in herself and we got onto the road. she go wan go bash my new ride i go tell her brake, brake, brake, she will reply, i know, i know. she go fire and match brake suddenly so tay all of us go wan hit head for windscreen, i go tell her small small now, she go say i know, i know, lol. wetin you know? every session ended with beef and quarrels. i had to call my cousin back to continue the coaching.

37 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by dein77(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:

And to think my hubby is the most pleasant man I know he will never shout at me no matter wat, but dat driving brought out the other side if him.

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

Laffing on the road while reading this. Hahahahhahah

6 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by jackymfon: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

this cracked me up... smiley

This

4 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by MallamYahaya(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?

Five years ago I attempted to teach my wife how to drive. We ended up quarreling after or during every session. Please get a friend to help out or send her to a driving school.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by optimusprime2(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
ol boy... teaching a spouse how to drive is not beans
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by skilfulsagei(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
I taught my wife how to drive. I was a wonderful experience. Op, please be patient with her. The memories of.time spentt together would last for long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Pictures That Show That Rolls Royce Denotes Luxury And Royalty / Top 5 Cars Spotted In Nigeria For Car Lovers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.