Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (32866 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by daveP(m): 9:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
Caracta:

He was verrryyyy angry. The fact that we found it hilarious made it worse.

Men sha. Patience is indeed a virtue tongue
grin grin that would make me angry too. Lol you must have laughed so hard he jst kept frowning. Nawa o. What did 'we' do o?

She had better be a good learner be4 i meet her. I dont wanna suffer the nerves in my neck! grin grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?
cheesy
My brother, same thing happened to me o. Coupled with a burnt clutch disc to complete the equation.

3rd party teacher biko. Let him collect the mental trauma. Afterall, he's being paid for it.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by usj(m): 10:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
BjMorgan:
I don't have a girl friend or wife yet, but I happen to teach my mum how to drive, Daddy says he can't teach her, because she will b scared of d shouting he will b shouting on her, I made up my mind say I go teach, we enter motor, student day give instruction to d teacher, 1. If u shout on me, I go slap u, am still ur mother 2. If u vex because I didn't do something right, I go sound u. I come say who b d teacher and who b d learner, bfor I knew it, she want to give me sample of what she was saying, na so I cooperate sharp sharp, try my best, she day drive small not gud though, she don break our fence twice, u fit imagin how d nose of d motor for don b, don't make d mistake of greating her wen she is behind d wheels, if she mistakenly try answering ur greeting, na inside bush she day head to b dat.
Bros. pls don't kill me with this funny story. Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by gazilion: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
Caracta:
My Dad decided to teach my mum after pleading with him for a long time. They went out together with the intention of having an INTENSE training session. In fact, they packed lunch and drinks. Only for my dad to come back after two hours without my mum. We asked him where she was. He paused for few minutes, then said, "She ran out of the car...that woman! She can't learn. She was screaming as she drove...making sounds like she was playing a video game."

Now my mum is a good driver. My brother did a good job afterwards.

I almost woke up my entire family while laughing...this got me laughing so hard....God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Jhayeahsam01(m): 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
dou no skills in pushing well barrow....

if na automatic car na easy things buh manual little bit harder for women.... buh better to train emm with manuals car.....
Obama skool Of driving taught My wife that usa
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by IFELEKE(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
I got someone else to teach my wife and it really paid off.
My friend on the other hand taught his wife for several months without result until we decided to set her up, it was a funny story but it yielded result instantly.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by FKBZ: 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
Very funny thread,though learnt for like a week.but the fear is still very much there,driving in pH can be very hard especially with those useless taxi and bus that enter the road anyhow.
How to conquer the fear is what am working on
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Ninilowo(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
Itz just not possible. I wan scatter our house?

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Pamcrest(f): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2014
grin grin I love these stories.

My ex boo taught me how to drive and he was so so patient but I still managed to bash his car a few times, even though we were using a big football field ooo....I don't know. But d first time I ventured out on my own, it was so embarrassing. I was doing so well till I got to a steep road where there was holdup at d traffic lights. When the light turned green, gosh, I couldn't get d car to move forward again....it kept rolling backwards. Frantically I would stamp on d clutch, engage gear n press accelerator, but d car would jump forward n stop n start rolling backwards. In panic, I kept both feet on d brakes and clutched the steering wheel to my chest while horns kept blaring behind me and passers by laughing their heads off. I was crying n sweating profusely before a guy tapped my window n asked me to pull my hand brake n move over to d passenger seat. He got in n drove d car up d hill to level ground n handed d car back to me. I sat there for several minutes before I summoned courage to drive home. Suffice to say it took me a full year before I drove again....but now I drag road with danfo n taxi drivers oooo.

My humble experience

16 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by NmaGOD44(f): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
Pamcrest:
grin grin I love these stories.

My ex boo taught me how to drive and he was so so patient but I still managed to bash his car a few times, even though we were using a big football field ooo....I don't know. But d first time I ventured out on my own, it was so embarrassing. I was doing so well till I got to a steep road where there was holdup at d traffic lights. When the light turned green, gosh, I couldn't get d car to move forward again....it kept rolling backwards. Frantically I would stamp on d clutch, engage gear n press accelerator, but d car would jump forward n stop n start rolling backwards. In panic, I kept both feet on d brakes and clutched the steering wheel to my chest while horns kept blaring behind me and passers by laughing their heads off. I was crying n sweating profusely before a guy tapped my window n asked me to pull my hand brake n move over to d passenger seat. He got in n drove d car up d hill to level ground n handed d car back to me. I sat there for several minutes before I summoned courage to drive home. Suffice to say it took me a full year before I drove again....but now I drag road with danfo n taxi drivers oooo.

My humble experience
wooow.......dis is cool....u really got me laughing ....u were actually lucky to have someone save u dat day......pray it doesn't happen to mua shaaaaa
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
Prettybecca:

you are mean o! Lol. Some guys get bad mouth sha, easy o.
Btw, i haven't tried those cars, I'll try them next time i go there, looks fun.
Lolz....sometimes you can't help the bad mouthing grin
Don't think you can learn how to drive with those toys oh else ama tease ya tongue
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by lakefist(m): 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
bebe2:

And to think my hubby is the most pleasant man I know he will never shout at me no matter wat, but dat driving brought out the other side of him.

Come see curse,

U blind?

U wan hit person?

If u just hit dat car I go leave u here.

Sweeet heart use ur brain nahhh.

I jeje gather my £20 per hour go give driving instructor make see finish no go too much grin

You will not kill someone with this ur story grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by dmighty: 12:06am On Oct 08, 2014
VENUSS:
So funny! Rib cracking. Started learning to drive before I got married. But fear won't allow me. Hubby refused to teach me. He isn't a patient teacher and Gosh! I hate driving but driving now after going to two different driving schools one year apart. When I drive hubby and he complains, I simply take to correction or ignore him.

I just wish this thread can be turned to a home video. I had never laughed like this in my entire life (can't just remember). This is the most hilarious thread on Nairaland or anywhere I have ever read........

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2014
yungboss:
Yes, I have but she isn't confident to drive alone. She only does drive the auto, the other car is a manual transmission, that's a matter for another year.

Manual transmissions are a lot of work compared to autos but they're so much fun...especially if it's a nice car. That sounds like a contradiction, but it's true.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 08, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Manual transmissions are a lot of work compared to autos but they're so much fun...especially if it's a nice car. That sounds like a contradiction, but it's true.

So the driving school is going to teach her how to drive an automatic and then when we come home for summer then I'll have her learn manual in Nigeria from another school there. It's hard to find a school here that teaches with a manual.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 08, 2014
dmighty:

I just wish this thread can be turned to a home video. I had never laughed like this in my entire life (can't just remember). This is the most hilarious thread on Nairaland or anywhere I have ever read........

So I actually have our session on video (I always have GoPro cameras running in the car).

I can guarantee you that I won't survive the night if I post that video shocked

Besides I would be embarrassed myself. I mean I was basically getting mad at her for basically nothing grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by FADEO: 12:53am On Oct 08, 2014
greedie1:
He didn't teach me per se.... After nearly a month of irregular driving lessons, I decided to take him on a ride. Oh my, see shouting: wat have u been learning since, slow down does not mean stop, use ur mirrors, how can u be so smart and yet unable to drive a simple car... Etc. I jejely stopped the car and told him i would take a bike home. Few shouts later, he abandoned me and the car there.... I drove myself home

And then he sent me to another driving school

And then there was the brother.

" it's a car, its not a beast "
"hold the steering, it won't bite you"
No curse wey he no cause me dat day. We made it through the day but i didn't speak to him for sometime
These are the same set of questions I asked my wife including how do you manage to cook good food and hold your soup spoon?
Its not a funny experience. I just sent her to driving school straight cos I no fit dey shout and funny enough I have taught people's wives that commend me as a good teacher and condemn their husband.
Till I told her, I will buy u golf so I can have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2014
FADEO:

These are the same set of questions I asked my wife including how do you manage to cook good food and hold your soup spoon?
Its not a funny experience. I just sent her to driving school straight cos I no fit dey shout and funny enough I have taught people's wives that commend me as a good teacher and condemn their husband.
Till I told her, I will buy u golf so I can have peace of mind.

At one point I said this: "Woman, you created and carried a human being inside you for 9 months and yet you can't come to an ordinary slow stop without giving me whiplash?" grin
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2014
CityNG:

So the driving school is going to teach her how to drive an automatic and then when we come home for summer then I'll have her learn manual in Nigeria from another school there. It's hard to find a school here that teaches with a manual.

Yh most ppl drive autos out here, so that's probably a good idea. I learned automatic from a run-of-the-mill driving school, and then my brother taught me the manual.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by opsynea2j(m): 1:32am On Oct 08, 2014
Mehhn , that was why I broke up with Mary in 2011 the moment she asked me to teach her how to drive. Cherished my BMW headlamps/fog lights more than her unknown and unpredictable mumu driving .....even Dammy on my street bought me ice cream thrice but still jonzing till now .... Presently , my mumu gf is so short , a spiri coco ... Wud so love to teach her how to drive soon. BUT how do I shut a mumu down when she starts speaking in tougues when she's to step on the brakes ?

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 08, 2014
cheesy grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by colossus2: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2014
jenoncam:
cheesy grin
Lol...actually ladies don't know we move our legs from one pedal to another while driving.
They say driving is easy like a toy, but swap seat with them and they are like WTF cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by drhappy(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2014
It was fun driving Mrs.Happy everywhere and anytime until the kids started coming in with the attendant extra hassles(school runs,shopping,her mobility with the kids whenever I travel outside town).The ultimate goal was to buy her a car then but getting her to master my old Mazda 626 manual tranny was an exercise in futility. The day I 'konked' her head out of frustration was when I realised that maybe I wasn't cut out to train her,so I decided to pay my mechanic to do the job. By the end of the second week,my mechanic advised me to go get her an automatic car and I gladly complied.Then the story changed. Within 4days she was driving herself around the hospital we lived in back then and even took us to church the following Sunday.I then bought another automatic and sold off the Mazda.
I personally love manual rides due to their advantages but what's the point buying a car that cannot be of use to your spouse?Am now stuck with automatics not because I want to, but simply because I want domestic peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2014
colossus2:

Lolz....sometimes you can't help the bad mouthing grin
Don't think you can learn how to drive with those toys oh else ama tease ya tongue
yea i know, just havnt tried them b4. twas pretty stupid of her to think that.
I get bad mouth too. Guess you'd have been the one sulking @ the end.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Mubby4luv(m): 7:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmm. This topic no be for here o, Am currently teaching my mum how to drive. I willinly volunteered to do it because she was determined (show off things now). After about 2 outing in the football pitch, got to realise I ve made a very big mistake choii you can imagine the kinda frustration am going through. The worst part is she's my mum so i can't raise my voice or react angrily so i just keep biting my fingers and boiling inside. After series of trials she felt she was now good to go so she said lets hit the road.. for her mind she think sey na beans so i decided not to argue or question.. just to enter road na problem it takes her about 5min, naso she go dey accelerate small small as if she dey fear the padal Buh when it comes to break choii" you go think say na bomb blast.. hmm the stroy goes on and on different chapters. Sha atleast am making her happi and she keeps blessing me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 9icetoo(m): 8:53am On Oct 08, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?
grin grin grin grin grin ROFLMAO. Never knew you were this funny. Have read a lot of funny posts as well here. My word. This is better than anything they have in the jokes section.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 9icetoo(m): 8:56am On Oct 08, 2014
andre82:
After almost burning the ignition by forgetting to leave the key @ each turn, almost burning brake pads and tires by forgetting to let down d handbrake, denting the back side fender for having an argument of the right of way with the house gates, she eventually made it to the freeway, all in 3 weeks. Not without a shouting match for denting the fender, and some sulky tension soaked episodes. I wonder what ladies want with speed. Had to severally counsel her on the need to maintain an average speed. Now, she's good but not yet a pro...
hahahahaha. You must be a comedian
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
colossus2:

Lol...actually ladies don't know we move our legs from one pedal to another while driving.
They say driving is easy like a toy, but swap seat with them and they are like WTF cheesy
wink smiley lolz
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by RuffRhyder(m): 1:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Mehn!!! Laugh don almost kill me O!!! grin grin grin grin

To be sincere, This thread deserve an award.

I Can't remember the last time water came out of my eyes while laughing, so funny.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kizzle4eva(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
LWKMH....
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by wiringdpt(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
baaliyah:
It took my wife few minutes to deface my Golf. Her hands suddenly became stiff, using one foot on all the three pedals as if the other foot is for fancy. I later thought this good woman was not destined to drive a car.
The best place to learn driving is driving school.
Why waste your time, energy, fuel and your car could be dented because of 10k.
Let professionals teach them and have rest of mind.
At a point, I got angry and asked how she made that grade at the Uni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Honda End Of Discussion Vs Camry Big For Nothing ; Which Is Better / Abuja And Environs, Remotely Follow Your Car Repairs Online. / Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.