Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,531 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (33277 Views)

Who Taught You How To Drive? / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Rescue Dogs Taught How To Drive A Car In New Zealand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by adanduka: 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
Many guys on this thread are 'feeling like' experts who learnt how to drive in a day.
If you had to watch a video of your learning experience, I'm sure you'll realise that Rome wasn't built in a day.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by skilfulsagei(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
I taught my wife how to drive. It was a wonderful experience. Op, please be patient with her. The memories of.time spentt together would last for long.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
I actually taught myself but due to my license processing I had to go to a driving school...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2014
MallamYahaya:

Five years ago I attempted to teach my wife how to drive. We ended up quarreling after or during every session. Please get a friend to help out or send her to a driving school.

Oh she's starting with a professional driving school on Friday.
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:19am On Oct 07, 2014
Nope, i havn't. What will happen if i had done dat bcoz dat is a good question.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by ddippset(m): 10:20am On Oct 07, 2014
adanduka:
Many guys on this thread are 'feeling like' experts who learnt how to drive in a day.
If you had to watch a video of your learning experience, I'm sure you'll realise that Rome wasn't built in a day.
common mayne, all the posts are really funny. this is fun. where did you leave your sense of humour today? lol.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by M4gunners: 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?
As a Teacher in a driving school or don't you know is dangerous?
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 1one: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2014
prettiest1:
So eager to learn but not married yet. My mr. Right, what are you still waiting for na?

Lol

But you know you don't necessarily have to wait for Mr.Right to come teach you

You could just go to a driving school and learn by yourself.. If Mr.Right meets you as an already experienced driver, wouldn't that be a "turn on"? grin

7 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Emmy4Naija: 10:25am On Oct 07, 2014
All those that taught their spouse how to drive without going to Driving School contributes to senseless, armature driving and accidents on our roads. Most ladies that learnt driving from their spouse and other family members don't know road signs and basic traffic rules. These to some extent contributes to traffic grid lock on our roads.

Please encourage people to go to FRSC approved Driving School before you can start teaching them with your car.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Agrika: 10:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Up till now I can't drive, the first time I tried it, I don't know what I pressed the car started moving at a great speed, I just took my hands off the wheel (person wey dey drive ooo) and was shouting "sweetheart control ds ur car" hehehehe...we later crashed into a tree...and that was the last time I touched his car...lol...been secretly taking driving lessons...I want to suprise him when he comes back.

21 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2014
Hubby didn't teach me,his cousin did.Once hubby was in the car while I was driving,you need to see the way he screamed at me,I nearly hit the gate.Most Men are really impatient teaching thier partners how to drive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by cococandy(f): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2014

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 1one: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2014
I'm not married yet..but when I do get married, nothing would make me and my wife sit in the same car, with me as her driving instructor.... There's no point going through such AVOIDABLE stress, tension, quarrels, disses and the likes of such.

Even if going to a driving school suddenly becomes 500k per 3weeks...I don't mind saving the money for that purpose.

There are so many other more important things to be tensed and stressed about,teaching my wife how to drive shouldn't be one of them.

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by adanduka: 10:33am On Oct 07, 2014
ddippset:
common mayne, all the posts are really funny. this is fun. where did you leave your sense of humour today? lol.

I agree with you. Lots of funny posts. However, most guys need to register for courses in anger management.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Octaves(m): 10:41am On Oct 07, 2014
My mom learnt how to drive before I was born. She doesn't drive often but when she does drive, i dey fear. She can't relax even when you are driving her, always complaining. Watch out for that! A keke is comimg out of that street! Take it easy! Hope you are seeing those children by the road! Ah ah! Complaint too much

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 07, 2014
M4gunners:
As a Teacher in a driving school or don't you know is dangerous?

What is dangerous?

Where I live, you take an exam first and after successfully passing the exam you are given a learners permit.

Then you are ready to take on the road driving lessons. It's pretty much standard process.

I've taught many people how to drive before (relatives, friends, etc), the only difference here is that this is the first time that I am teaching a Spouse.

This thread is not about danger (life is a series of avoiding and surviving dangerous scenarios) this is about the emotional/relationship difficulties that occur when one is teaching a Spouse how to drive.

It is not meant to be a demeaning write up, my Wife as well as others Spouses on here are very smart individual and wouldn't place themselves in a dangerous situation. There's just something that happens to couples when they try to teach each other driving.

10 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by nnacent(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2014
AmenJoan:
Hubby taught me to drive and I learned in about a week because I was determined to learn fast. He was very patient and madep an excellent teacher. The driving practice was even a bonding experience for us. He offered to teach me to swim some months later and I gladly obliged thinking it'll be the same experience, that will be a story for another day. But suffice it to say I wouldn't be attending that class again. grin
We need to hear from the other party. This is always the case
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2014
It took my brother 3weeks to learn how to drive, 3years gone and am still learning.

Hopefully When I get married hubby will be there to drive me around for now taxi's will do.
Na waoh

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by 234GT(m): 10:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Naetochukwu:
It took my brother 3weeks to learn how to drive, 3years gone and am still learning.

Hopefully When I get married hubby will be there to drive me around for now taxi's will do.
Na waoh

But its easy to pose with that cool ride!
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Maser: 10:50am On Oct 07, 2014
After days of teaching and quarreling and repeated warnings, what I dreaded happened, she bashed a stationery camry which rolled downhill and crashed into a gutter. My car then moved further crashing into a pole. The camry was badly damaged while the front of my own car was finished. Having seen all I warned against, she suddenly fell silent as though dumb. The next couple of days brought on the expenses of panel beating, mechanic work and full body spraying all of which replaced the innocence of my once glittering brand new car with Nigerian local mechanic handwork. The car was never the same again! She's now driving well though

3 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by BjMorgan(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2014
I don't have a girl friend or wife yet, but I happen to teach my mum how to drive, Daddy says he can't teach her, because she will b scared of d shouting he will b shouting on her, I made up my mind say I go teach, we enter motor, student day give instruction to d teacher, 1. If u shout on me, I go slap u, am still ur mother 2. If u vex because I didn't do something right, I go sound u. I come say who b d teacher and who b d learner, bfor I knew it, she want to give me sample of what she was saying, na so I cooperate sharp sharp, try my best, she day drive small not gud though, she don break our fence twice, u fit imagin how d nose of d motor for don b, don't make d mistake of greating her wen she is behind d wheels, if she mistakenly try answering ur greeting, na inside bush she day head to b dat.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by TONYE001(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Hehehe...

Late 2012, we got a Volkswagen Passat wagon..

We were in our final year then..and we weren't married yet..

I come dey teach my fiancée driving on campus..

Chei! E no easy o.. One time like that, she carry motor face bush..na so I shout, "match brake and clutch!!".. My baby mistook the accelerator for the brake..

Needless to say that in a split second, we found ourselves in the bush! grin

12 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by JuicyGee(f): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn

omg! Laughed like crazy. grin grin got tears in my eyes

2 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by BjMorgan(m): 10:54am On Oct 07, 2014
Maser:
After days of teaching and quarreling and repeated warnings, what I dreaded happened, she bashed a stationery camry which rolled downhill and crashed into a gutter. My car then moved further crashing into a pole. The camry was badly damaged while the front of my own car was finished. Having seen all I warned against, she suddenly fell silent as though dumb. The next couple of days brought on the expenses of panel beating, mechanic work and full body spraying all of which replaced the innocence of my once glittering brand new car with Nigerian local mechanic handwork. The car was never the same again! She's now driving well though
dat one serious o, thank God say nofin do her
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by BjMorgan(m): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Maser:
dat one serious o, thank God say nofin do her o, she day important pass d damged car
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by emmabest2000(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2014
colossus2:
I kept shouting and stopped teaching.
Common to turn the key and start the car was an issue initially, then while accelerating you would see both hands at the base of the steering, while turning the hands would form a cross on the steering (instead of freeing one hand while the other turns it).
I gave up mehn
dude you're really funny grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by otswag(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:
So I had a brainstorm today to save money, instead of paying the driving school to yeah the Wife to drive I would teach her myself.

15 minutes later we have both decided that it's probably better for our marriage to have a neutral party be the teacher grin

My life flashed before my eyes like 10 times.

So how did your Spouses learn how to drive?
mehn, i'd rather Pay for a driving school than teach her myself. I attempted to teach her once but nna mehn!, when one impatient man attempts to teach a stubborn drama queen, hmmm! Na world war 3 u wan start

4 Likes

Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by soonest(f): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2014
CityNG:

Personally I think that in our situation my Wife is more stressed out because it was me doing the instructing. I think she would do better with an independent party.
Yes she will. Because in my case it was instructions upon instructions,corrections all d time and wit each of those my confidence reduced and my error imagine increased but when I drove alone wit him driving behind me,I was very much confident and I got to the house without any mistake. When we got home he put the learner sign for me and said I was good to go. I couldn't believe my ears
Re: Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? by Danhumprey: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2014
cococandy:
Hubby didn't teach me.
B.I.L taught me.
He says "I'll let you drive me the day I feel like having a car crash" grin embarassed angry
gringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet “Toyota 86”: The Amazing Toyota Nigerians Are Yet To Discover / "Servicing The Injector Nozzles" - Meaning In Nigerian Context? / Victim Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Accident Wakes From Coma,Identifies Self(Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.